Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,485 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

The Salvation Plan - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Salvation Plan (12433 Views)

The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ / Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / Do Not Allow The Salvation Granted You By God To Slip Away From Your Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salvation Plan by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
Codedrock:

Ummm.. Been following this thread since it's been created it's quite interesting and I really don't wanna join this argument.
I believe in God and the bible but stopped going to church since January after I realized a lot.

But wait are you a serious Christian I mean like a serious one?? Cos I'm sure you don't sound like one.
Please, try and go to church.. Been following this thread since it was created and this is actually my first comment. I was once a freethinker along with my elder brother, but today he remains a freethinker while I'm now a christian... And I've come to realize that trying to know so much about the things of GOD makes you a freethinker and then you end up an atheist.... Best thing is to focus more on having a personal experience with GOD, a clearer vision of the length and breadth and width of the Love of GOD and never forsaking the assembly of the brethren.. I'm only a babe in the faith and trust me tis been a wonderful experience...

1 Like

Re: The Salvation Plan by Seun(m): 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
polymathic:
And I've come to realize that trying to know so much about the things of GOD makes you a freethinker and then you end up an atheist....
If studying the Christian scriptures very seriously causes people to become atheists and freethinkers rather than better Christians, doesn't that suggest that Christianity is false? If something is true, studying it very seriously will make you believe it even more. Why can't you see this?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Salvation Plan by Codedrock(m): 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2016
polymathic:
Please, try and go to church.. Been following this thread since it was created and this is actually my first comment. I was once a freethinker along with my elder brother, but today he remains a freethinker while I'm now a christian... And I've come to realize that trying to know so much about the things of GOD makes you a freethinker and then you end up an atheist.... Best thing is to focus more on having a personal experience with GOD, a clearer vision of the length and breadth and width of the Love of GOD and never forsaking the assembly of the brethren.. I'm only a babe in the faith and trust me tis been a wonderful experience...

Lol.. well, I actually won't count myself to be a "free thinker" but an "independent thinker".

Ya'll keep saying "personal experience" please can you and sonofthunder kindly tell us 3 personal experiences you've had with God?? And do you really think you will make heaven if rapture takes place right now??
Re: The Salvation Plan by dragonking2: 2:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
Codedrock:

You definitely don't sound like a real Christian brah..
How does a real christain sound? Please explain
Re: The Salvation Plan by Codedrock(m): 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
Seun:
15 - 16 years.

That's the first step. Once you get out of the bubble, it's much easier to think independently. Which church were you attending?

Was. Born and grew up in a non famous gospel church more like Deeper life. No drumming no ear rings. A very devoted family. Dad a pastor in church and mom the women's leader.
So that's the church I must attend when I'm with family.

> I have attended CAC. Not willingly but whenever I go for holidays at my Dad's sister's place in lag I go to church with them. Churches like CAC can easily make you an atheist if you are a deep thinker. Most of Their programs /prayers are just so pointless.

> Personally I attend Christ embassy and I started 2 years ago when I started being on my own. (gained admission) I attend RCCG like a year before I joined Christ embassy though.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Codedrock(m): 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
Seun I must commend you though.. loved 70% of the responses you've been giving on all the faith related threads. Most times you reply these guys like the way I would respond.
You really are "brilliant". A real independent thinker.

But that doesn't say some of your responses and arguments here are not blinded by you being an atheist for so long.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
Seun:
If studying the Christian scriptures very seriously causes people to become atheists and freethinkers rather than better Christians, doesn't that suggest that Christianity is false? If something is true, studying it very seriously will make you believe it even more. Why can't you see this?
studying it very seriously with your carnal mind will make you lose it... There are lots of questions our natural mind cannot answer, those questions are better left for GOD than we thinking through them.. Such questions is what make many turn atheist. There are lots of time I ask myself these questions like why do GOD find fault since the bible said he will have mercy on whom he wills and compassion on whom he wills... But then the answer came from the bible and I was satisfied with it...
Re: The Salvation Plan by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
Codedrock:

Lol.. well, I actually won't count myself to be a "free thinker" but an "independent thinker".

Ya'll keep saying "personal experience" please can you and sonofthunder kindly tell us 3 personal experiences you've had with God?? And do you really think you will make heaven if rapture takes place right now??

1. The church I'm attending now is based on an experience with GOD, I prayed and fasted for 6days using scriptures and then the answer came.

2. My understanding of the WORD is not based on only teachings but on personal experience with the Holy Spirit.

3. I don't do lot of things until I experience GOD on the matter...

Note: you just need to learn to yield to the Holy Spirit and learn to hear from God... Believe me its real.. I'm only 2 years in the faith and got lotta testimonies as proofs and only FOOLS DOUBT PROOFS.

P.S. Nobody ever preached to me about being born again, its a personal experience with GOD while searching for the truth as a freethinker...

1 Like

Re: The Salvation Plan by Austin234(m): 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
It not true. Seun Osewa, owner and founder of NL is not an atheist. Somebody tell me is a liar

Seun:
15 - 16 years.

That's the first step. Once you get out of the bubble, it's much easier to think independently. Which church were you attending?
Re: The Salvation Plan by Seun(m): 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
Austin234:
It not true. Seun Osewa, owner and founder of NL is not an atheist.
The founder of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, is an atheist.

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Salvation Plan by LaurelP(m): 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
Christians are Believers, that is what makes them Christians.
Christianity is built on Faith.
Without faith it is impossible to please God Heb. 11:6.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Codedrock(m): 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
polymathic:
1. The church I'm attending now is based on an experience with GOD, I prayed and fasted for 6days using scriptures and then the answer came.

2. My understanding of the WORD is not based on only teachings but on personal experience with the Holy Spirit.

3. I don't do lot of things until I experience GOD on the matter...

Note: you just need to learn to yield to the Holy Spirit and learn to hear from God... Believe me its real.. I'm only 2 years in the faith and got lotta testimonies as proofs and only FOOLS DOUBT PROOFS.

P.S. Nobody ever preached to me about being born again, its a personal experience with GOD while searching for the truth as a freethinker...
Lol bro.. imagine how you sound right now.. Kindly read what u wrote up there again and think very well you will see you actually made no point you kept repeating same thing over and over again.

The personal encounters i can consider are the ones in the bible like God should speak to you like he spoke to moses through the flames, like how he spoke with Paul to stop prosecuting him and more other serious encounters.

Bro you fasting is a normal thing and everybody does that.

And are you trying to say your life is beta now because you started going to that church? cos i can guarantee you if you had sit home like me and not got to any church same good things would be happening to you right now sometimes people don't understand coincidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salvation Plan by karleone(m): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2016
Seun:

It all depends on the mind with which you read it. Most times, atheists read to make them more atheist [that is, the read just to find more reasons to hate God]. If only we study the scriptures with the mind of an innocent child seeking the truth, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we'll always find the scripture a company in our journey of faith.
Re: The Salvation Plan by PastorAIO: 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
karleone:

It all depends on the mind with which you read it. Most times, atheists read to make them more atheist [that is, the read just to find more reasons to hate God]. If only we study the scriptures with the mind of an innocent child seeking the truth, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we'll always find the scripture a company in our journey of faith.

So how were you reading it that it made you become an atheist?
Re: The Salvation Plan by weblord1900: 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
I'm beginning to have double thought about the issue of God's existence ever since I started thinking deeply.

But what about these miracles and healings. I always hear people talking on that though I haven't witnessed any of them.

If I finally fell off. Only miracles can bring me back
Re: The Salvation Plan by karleone(m): 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
PastorAIO:

So how were you reading it that it made you become an atheist?
Brother, your question should be directed to Seun not me.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Flywest(m): 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
Oga Seun, why is is that you still use "Oluwaseun" when you don't believe in any Oluwa Pls remove "Oluwa" from your name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salvation Plan by Alezy(m): 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2016
Seun:
Why can't he see that Christianity is false?? if you think it's false then keep it to yourself and believe in whatever or whoever you want to believe in rather than say this.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Alezy(m): 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
karleone:

lovely comment. The truth is, you will find whatever you have in mind when searching the scripture. whatever u go there to find, u will see
Re: The Salvation Plan by goldiam(f): 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
hmmm for people like the op, this is what I have to say I am not gonna force you to choose Christianity as a way of life neither are my going to make you see reason why I choose to believe in God, but one thing is for sure and I am very sure about it mark my word you will not die as a free thinker or an atheist you will die knowing the truth.
But my only pain is that you would have misled a lot of souls with this your ideology. Anyway may God help the wise ones.
Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 7:07am On Jun 23, 2016
Seun:
Sir, studying the scriptures has made a lot of people become better Christians.... study of science has also made a lot to seek out for God. I want you to understand that my point is not for you to close your mind to your own story/knowledge but to objectively seek the other side I'm presenting... shikena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 7:31am On Jun 23, 2016
Codedrock:

seeking a personal testimony is more of you having something personally from God that wasn't passed down as a story/testimony from anybody to you. even if I give a hundred, those who have decided to be close minded would remain so (speaking generally here)... I had earlier received a promise of a job from God but on this day I was very discouraged and was thinking to myself maybe God had nothing significant or nothing at all for me. when I had a dream and the breakdown of it was a reaffirmation to my getting a job and the source/how it was going to come. within a short while, about a week or less, I got a call that confirmed everything.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Codedrock(m): 7:46am On Jun 23, 2016
sonofthunder:

seeking a personal testimony is more of you having something personally from God that wasn't passed down as a story/testimony from anybody to you. even if I give a hundred, those who have decided to be close minded would remain so (speaking generally here)... I had earlier received a promise of a job from God but on this day I was very discouraged and was thinking to myself maybe God had nothing significant or nothing at all for me. when I had a dream and the breakdown of it was a reaffirmation to my getting a job and the source/how it was going to come. within a short while, about a week or less, I got a call that confirmed everything.

Umm.. so that's your "personal experience". Let me ask a question as a Christian do u believe Islam/Mohhamed is a right pact to God??
Re: The Salvation Plan by Codedrock(m): 7:50am On Jun 23, 2016
goldiam:
hmmm for people like the op, this is what I have to say I am not gonna force you to choose Christianity as a way of life neither are my going to make you see reason why I choose to believe in God, but one thing is for sure and I am very sure about it mark my word you will not die as a free thinker or an atheist you will die knowing the truth.
But my only pain is that you would have misled a lot of souls with this your ideology. Anyway may God help the wise ones.
You really think you are better than the op in the face of the Lord?? I'm sure you still commit some little sins intentionally everyday and trust me u are both sinners in the face of the Lord and if rapture takes place you are both gonna be left here on earth.
Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 7:59am On Jun 23, 2016
Codedrock:

Umm.. so that's your "personal experience". Let me ask a question as a Christian do u believe Islam/Mohhamed is a right pact to God??
I'm typing from my phone so l can't elaborate on certain things or give more at a go pls bear with me... the point of the above is a fore - revelation of what God wanted to do for me.
As regards the question; with all I know about Islam so far, the answer is a No.
Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 9:12am On Jun 23, 2016
Codedrock:

Ummm.. Been following this thread since it's been created it's quite interesting and I really don't wanna join this argument.
I believe in God and the bible but stopped going to church since January after I realized a lot.

But wait are you a serious Christian I mean like a serious one?? Cos I'm sure you don't sound like one.
brother its not an argument oh. Establishing who a serious Christian is can be relative. I'll like to pass if you don't mind or better still explain what you mean by the phrase serious Christian
Re: The Salvation Plan by LarrySun(m): 9:18am On Jun 23, 2016
Seun:
God created the first human couple and placed them in a garden with a talking snake and a tree that they were never to eat from. The talking snake convinced them to eat from the tree. For this atrocity, God cursed them and all human babies that would ever be born. Centuries later, God made a pact with a small tribe of shepherds in the desert - the jews. He would be their God if they followed his very strict laws.

God was surprised that the jewish pact didn't cause God to forgive all human beings, so thousands of years later, God prepared a new plan. God would impregnate a virgin, and she would give birth to God. God would grow up to be crucified for calling himself the Son of God. God's brutal murder by humanity would pay for humanity's sins against God. Then God would rise again after 3 days but only appear privately to his followers, proving that God was indeed the Son of God. Then God would chill for 30 days as God's followers met in a closed room, and afterwards God would descend on them in little flames of fire and cause them to preach God's good news in many languages.

Because of God's sacrifice, God would forgive any person who believed that God died for humanity's sins against God. After death, God would send the believers to a place where they would spend all eternity telling God how awesome he is. God would throw those who didn't believe this story or were not told about it into a lake of fire where they would be burnt alive for all eternity, demonstrating God's justice and love.

In an alternate reality, God said, "I'm angry that you ate from the tree". Adam and Eve said, "sorry sir". God said, "ok I forgive you". The end.
With some added suspense, this story could become a blockbuster.
Re: The Salvation Plan by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:39am On Jun 23, 2016
This thread exposes the hypocrisy that is rife in Nairaland. Seun willingfully scorns the whole Christian faith, mocks the cornerstone of the sacrifice of Jesus yet in another thread he created on the Muslim section where he asked for the appropriate punishment for apostates, he couldn't even challenge Muslims that clearly endorse the killing of apostates.

When I wanted to reply, I was shocked to learn that I will need to accept Islam before I can comment in that section.

If this isn't hypocrisy, I wonder what is. I am atheist but this leaves a sour taste in my mouth about the modalities of nairaland. Christians can be mocked for their faith that rarely leads to loss of lives while Islam is above reproach!

Utterly disgusting!!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Salvation Plan by Codedrock(m): 10:17am On Jun 23, 2016
sonofthunder:

brother its not an argument oh. Establishing who a serious Christian is can be relative. I'll like to pass if you don't mind or better still explain what you mean by the phrase serious Christian
When I say serious Christian I mean one who is cautious of sin and doesn't sin willingly believing he's gonna ask for forgiveness after, and also the kinda Christian that does not justify sins not to be sins so as to believe he is truly righteous cos that's what 90% Christians do thesedays.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Codedrock(m): 10:21am On Jun 23, 2016
sonofthunder:

I'm typing from my phone so l can't elaborate on certain things or give more at a go pls bear with me... the point of the above is a fore - revelation of what God wanted to do for me.
As regards the question; with all I know about Islam so far, the answer is a No.
Well since your answer is no. I would like to tell u I have heard testimonies like this from Muslims saying God answered their prayers and requests tru mohamed. Do you really think God answered the prayers of someone who didn't come to him tru jesus?? So tell me how his prayers were answered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

RCCG 2017 Holy Ghost Congress; Songs Of Victory, 4-9th Dec, 2017 / How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression / Between Jesus And Mohammed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.