Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

“I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview (2092 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Cardinal Okogie To Buhari: "You Must Be A Joker For Thinking Of 2019 Now" / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by temitemi1(m): 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie, a retired Catholic Archbishop of Lagos is a man famous for his stand for the truth, even in the face oppression.

Okogie celebrated his 80th birthday on Thursday, June 16 as well as his 50th year of ordination as a priest.

In commemoration of his double celebration, he spoke on several issues including the state of the nation, his fight for the truth, President Muhammadu Buhari among other things.

Read what he said below.

“I know how Buhari came in. I warned Tinubu seriously when they were debating about Muslim, Muslim ticket. I told him, ‘Bola, I do not care if you produce two devils or Muslims provided the two Muslims are patriotic and fear God’.”

“He said his main concern which was giving him sleepless night was to drive the PDP away and that he had got the solution. Tinubu asked me if I knew Buhari and I replied that was he not that man that did examination three times and failed? I said ‘Bola, he will fail again’ but he replied that he will not fail because he had gone round and that politics is a game of numbers.”

“He said if Buhari was dying tomorrow and he went to the North to present him as candidate, he was sure to get over two million votes. He was even boasting that Buhari had changed or that they will change him.”

“As I said earlier, the real problem with the Buhari administration is that this one will bring his candidate notwithstanding if such person can perform or not, and another will bring his. He should change three quarters of the ministers. They did not know where they are going, that is the problem.”

“Lai Muhammed challenged me on a write up that I wrote tagged ‘Enough is enough’. He came to my house one Sunday night with Chief Jim Nwobodo and said I should have asked for audience with the Head of State and he would have granted me such instead of writing such article.”

“I asked him to tell me what was wrong with the article that I wrote and that if not for Alhaji Bola Tinubu, he will not be where he is now. He replied that he has been together with Tinubu right from his youthful days.”

The Cardinal said, “It is the responsibility of government everywhere in the world to provide the enabling environment for the citizens to eke a living.”

“In the case of my country Nigeria, it appears the reverse is the case. The poor masses are left to roam about without proper guidance; and so majority continue to wallop in penury in the midst of plenty. So much have been said and written about the 16 years misrule of the People’s Democratic Party.”

“Many more policy analysts will readily tell you that the problem with Nigeria originated right from independence in 1960. Be that as it may, the swearing-in of President Muhammadu Buhari last year was perceived as a milestone in the people’s quest for positive change and improvement in their quality of life. But a year later, the people are still grumbling. Indeed, the hardship has doubled. Thousands of workers are being laid off every day; the value of the naira is falling while states are owing workers months of unpaid salaries.”

“Buhari may mean well for the country, but so far, his actions and utterances have failed to help put food on the table of the average Nigerian. So, my advice to Mr. President and his associates is this: do not take the goodwill that you enjoy from Nigerians for granted. Do all that is necessary to revamp the economy before things get out of hand.”

He also spoke on the use of force against Niger Delta Avengers is not the best solution

“For the years that the late Musa Yar’Adua and his successor, Goodluck Jonathan, held sway, we saw drastic reduction in the activities of militants in the Niger Delta. Unfortunately, the militants are now back to the trenches under different pseudonyms. Their recent attacks on oil facilities in the region are daily crippling the country’s capacity to produce oil. The oil and gas pipelines bombed in Warri West Local Government Area have also worsened electricity generation plan of government. How long would this continue?”

“One thing is certain. Ours is a mono-economy that relies solely on oil for our foreign exchange earnings. With the sorry state of our economy, we cannot at this crucial time afford the stalling of oil production in the Niger Delta. That would further put the country’s finances in a precarious situation. I am aware that the Niger Delta Avengers have reeled out a number of conditions to be met before they can agree on a ceasefire. I am equally aware that President Buhari has vowed to deal decisively with the militants.

“Only few days ago, the dailies reported that the military invaded Gbaramatu Kingdom believed to be the hometown of a wanted ex-militant, Tompolo. While condemning the disruption of our oil facilities under any guise, I equally want to stress that the use of military force is not the best solution.”

“It would only aggravate the situation. I therefore want to plead with President Buhari to consider dialogue as a major option to end the crisis. Considering the high casualty rate and huge losses so far expended in our on-going fight against Boko Haram, it would not be out of place to settle the Niger-Delta issue without wasting human lives. Equally, I want to plead with the aggrieved militants to please sheathe their swords and allow for mediation.”

http://newswirengr.com/2016/06/19/i-told-tinubu-that-buhari-would-fail-must-read-cardinal-okogies-interview/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter#

1 Like

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by madridguy(m): 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
In Rev. Mbaka I trust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by omenka(m): 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
temitemi1:
[s]
Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie, a retired Catholic Archbishop of Lagos is a man famous for his stand for the truth, even in the face oppression.

Okogie celebrated his 80th birthday on Thursday, June 16 as well as his 50th year of ordination as a priest.

In commemoration of his double celebration, he spoke on several issues including the state of the nation, his fight for the truth, President Muhammadu Buhari among other things.

Read what he said below.

“I know how Buhari came in. I warned Tinubu seriously when they were debating about Muslim, Muslim ticket. I told him, ‘Bola, I do not care if you produce two devils or Muslims provided the two Muslims are patriotic and fear God’.”

“He said his main concern which was giving him sleepless night was to drive the PDP away and that he had got the solution. Tinubu asked me if I knew Buhari and I replied that was he not that man that did examination three times and failed? I said ‘Bola, he will fail again’ but he replied that he will not fail because he had gone round and that politics is a game of numbers.”

“He said if Buhari was dying tomorrow and he went to the North to present him as candidate, he was sure to get over two million votes. He was even boasting that Buhari had changed or that they will change him.”

“As I said earlier, the real problem with the Buhari administration is that this one will bring his candidate notwithstanding if such person can perform or not, and another will bring his. He should change three quarters of the ministers. They did not know where they are going, that is the problem.”

“Lai Muhammed challenged me on a write up that I wrote tagged ‘Enough is enough’. He came to my house one Sunday night with Chief Jim Nwobodo and said I should have asked for audience with the Head of State and he would have granted me such instead of writing such article.”

“I asked him to tell me what was wrong with the article that I wrote and that if not for Alhaji Bola Tinubu, he will not be where he is now. He replied that he has been together with Tinubu right from his youthful days.”

The Cardinal said, “It is the responsibility of government everywhere in the world to provide the enabling environment for the citizens to eke a living.”

“In the case of my country Nigeria, it appears the reverse is the case. The poor masses are left to roam about without proper guidance; and so majority continue to wallop in penury in the midst of plenty. So much have been said and written about the 16 years misrule of the People’s Democratic Party.”

“Many more policy analysts will readily tell you that the problem with Nigeria originated right from independence in 1960. Be that as it may, the swearing-in of President Muhammadu Buhari last year was perceived as a milestone in the people’s quest for positive change and improvement in their quality of life. But a year later, the people are still grumbling. Indeed, the hardship has doubled. Thousands of workers are being laid off every day; the value of the naira is falling while states are owing workers months of unpaid salaries.”

“Buhari may mean well for the country, but so far, his actions and utterances have failed to help put food on the table of the average Nigerian. So, my advice to Mr. President and his associates is this: do not take the goodwill that you enjoy from Nigerians for granted. Do all that is necessary to revamp the economy before things get out of hand.”

He also spoke on the use of force against Niger Delta Avengers is not the best solution

“For the years that the late Musa Yar’Adua and his successor, Goodluck Jonathan, held sway, we saw drastic reduction in the activities of militants in the Niger Delta. Unfortunately, the militants are now back to the trenches under different pseudonyms. Their recent attacks on oil facilities in the region are daily crippling the country’s capacity to produce oil. The oil and gas pipelines bombed in Warri West Local Government Area have also worsened electricity generation plan of government. How long would this continue?”

“One thing is certain. Ours is a mono-economy that relies solely on oil for our foreign exchange earnings. With the sorry state of our economy, we cannot at this crucial time afford the stalling of oil production in the Niger Delta. That would further put the country’s finances in a precarious situation. I am aware that the Niger Delta Avengers have reeled out a number of conditions to be met before they can agree on a ceasefire. I am equally aware that President Buhari has vowed to deal decisively with the militants.

“Only few days ago, the dailies reported that the military invaded Gbaramatu Kingdom believed to be the hometown of a wanted ex-militant, Tompolo. While condemning the disruption of our oil facilities under any guise, I equally want to stress that the use of military force is not the best solution.”

“It would only aggravate the situation. I therefore want to plead with President Buhari to consider dialogue as a major option to end the crisis. Considering the high casualty rate and huge losses so far expended in our on-going fight against Boko Haram, it would not be out of place to settle the Niger-Delta issue without wasting human lives. Equally, I want to plead with the aggrieved militants to please sheathe their swords and allow for mediation.”

http://newswirengr.com/2016/06/19/i-told-tinubu-that-buhari-would-fail-must-read-cardinal-okogies-interview/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter#[/s]
#Defecates on the trash and saunters away like a baws.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by Rawblings(m): 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
what nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by temitemi1(m): 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
You called this trash Truth is indeed bitter. Smh...
omenka:
#Defecates on the trash and saunters away like a baws.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by andresia(m): 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
temitemi1:

Who let you off the ban? I think you should be banned indefinitely so you don't open useless threads

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by omenka(m): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
temitemi1:
Who is PDP's national chairman??
Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by hucienda: 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
Happy 80th to the Cardinal.

1 Like

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by mkoabiola: 9:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
This cardinal is too blunt .

This got me cracking my ribs"A man that wrote exam three times and failed"

If not for Alhaji bola tinubu,"lai muhammed would not be where he is today".

But btwn this cardinal and fr mbaka,who is very blunt and outspoken.

4 Likes

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
Fail ? just after a year you conclude he's a failure. shocked
Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by NOC1(m): 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
If you ever read to understand he said PMB will fail because he has failed 3 times, that is he will loose the election as he has lost 3 times, Tinubu now told him what he don't know that politics is not a Catholic or religious stuff it is a game of number.
At last who carried the day? You know the answer so do I.

1 Like

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by pacino26(m): 10:01pm On Jun 19, 2016
Your Grace,

At times like this mind who you grant interviews to. A lot of the young men today are swallowing the negative change in the country to justify their stupidity during the last election.

They thought PMB will be like the good Abe of usa, I got news: he's the nemesis of the foolish... ........

Let's just wait out the remaining tenure and hope there will be funds to even conduct the elections.

2 Likes

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by temitemi1(m): 10:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
I love the way u guys showcase ur madness whenever ur lord buhari name is mentioned grin grin grin grin
omenka:

7 Likes

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by RZArecta(m): 10:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
omenka post=46730599[s:
]#Defecates on the trash and saunters away like a baws. [/s]

3 Likes

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by BekeeBuAgbara: 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
omenka:
It seems your life is all about PDP and APC.

6 Likes

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by omenka(m): 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:
It seems your life is all about PDP and APC.
If your life isn't so miserable, what I do with mine would be the least of your worries, just like I can hardly give 1/100 of a Bleep about what you do with yours.

Don't know if you catch my drift...
Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by omenka(m): 10:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
temitemi1:
I love the way u guys showcase ur madness whenever ur lord buhari name is mentioned grin grin grin grin
Who is PDP's national Chairman??

#when I see some smilies, I know too damn well the opposite of what they say is what the user is actually feeling. cheesy

1 Like

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by Abeymills(m): 10:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
Bubuhari is not only a failure but a disaster zombies can go n die

2 Likes

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by Firefire(m): 10:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
Buhari may mean well for the country, but so far, his actions and utterances have failed to help put food on the table of the average Nigerian. So, my advice to Mr. President and his associates is this: do not take the goodwill that you enjoy from Nigerians for granted. Do all that is necessary to revamp the economy before things get out of hand.”

Extracted from: Enough is enough by His Eminence Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie

If Buhari wants to leave a creditable legacy come 2019, he should retool the bureaucracy
. For instance, the roof of the Central Bank is leaking water. Governors, who arm-twisted Okonjo Iweala into signing out our reserves held by Central Bank, are today ministers in the APC government. [/b] We are still talking about change and corruption when old things refuse to pass away! These political gimmicks can only carry away gullible or naive Nigerians. President Buhari should beam his flashlight on policies and programmes that will lift up the masses.

Existing industries are almost dead and call for urgent revitalisation. The budget ought to aid solutions to the mass unemployment, rural-urban migration, skewedness in the distribution of income, abject rural poverty and industrialisation of rural economy. The 774 local government capitals should be linked to their state capitals. Even the mind-boggling infrastructure deficits can take the entire tenure to address. The weakness in the bureaucracy has not been addressed. Consequently, the problem the APC government is trying to solve is bound to re-occur because it is treatment of effect rather than the cause. Causative factors are being totally ignored or glossed-over. Institutional weakness pervades the MDAs, offices of the Accountant General, Auditor General and the Central Bank itself.

Consequently, leakages in the economy have remained unnoticed and unplugged over the last 16 years of uninterrupted democracy. Our Change must change something! How could we continue to talk of change in a static system? How could we be talking of change, when the same crew are governors, ministers, senators, and members of the House of Representatives?

This is a cyclical devolution of power to the same people who are never out of power! What sort of change is the President talking about? When will the youth take over, when even a governor does not take a bow and go? When shall we plan for the replacement of delinquent leadership? This is what constitutes change.

When we talk of change, we talk of positive-salutary, healthy growth and development-oriented change that cuts across the entire gamut of the society. What sort of change is this that ignores the glaring un-equal distribution of national income? It is absurd that the same government that is unable to pay N18,000 per month to the lowest grade of labour can afford to pay N1.8 million per month to anyone in the economy.

- Why must taxpayers’ money be used to feed Mr. President and his family?

- Why must the taxpayers’ money be used to buy brand new exotic vehicles for the legislators, judges, ministers and governors, when they are already heavily paid?

- Why don’t they use loan finance and mortgage finance to buy their cars and houses?

This is also a form of looting and it is the cause of grounding the economy and calling in IMF spin-doctor all the time. Precisely two years ago, this same President Buhari rejected off-hand this use of spin-doctor to heal the ailing economy. He preferred the use of counter trade and inward looking policies such as cutting down cost and flamboyant exotic life styles.

Today, I am not so sure we have the same Buhari. I do hope he has not changed all the colours of the rainbow.

The ruling elite are living a luxurious life, while the masses are in abject poverty and yet we are all Nigerians. Enough of this change conundrum. He must retool, refocus, and aggressively lead by example on all fronts and face the social, economic (fiscal and monetary) problems we have head on, without letting the anti-corruption drive look like a political distraction.

http://guardian.ng/opinion/enough-is-enough/

4 Likes

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by Oksman(m): 10:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
@ Omenka. Blind loyalty invoves a form of cognitive dissonance where an individual sees a problem or bad behaviour but prefers to keep a blind eye in favour of a positive image of his belief even when it is obvious that he is wrong in his cause. You throw punches at anyone who hold a contrary view of your warpep opinion but expect others to accept your submissions.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by iaamxavier(m): 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
PDP has seriously failed buhh y are all this catholic priest and cardinal getting involved in politics? this is a shame!!

1 Like

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by OKKO(m): 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
His Eminence
So Liar approached you in the night like Nichodemus of old. But you gave him his match...thank you my Lord
Please call Fr. Mbaka and ask him to stop discussing politics for the interest of the Church...if he sees a politically related vision, let him address the Bishop (his local ordinary) and 4get going public.

4 Likes

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by OKKO(m): 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Oksman:
@ Omenka. Blind loyalty invoves a cognitive dissonance where an individual sees a problem or bad behaviour but prefers to keep a positive image of his belief even when it is obvious that he is wrong. You throw punches at anyone who hold a contrary view of your warpep opinion.

He feeds on Aisha's rice in day time and seeks to Lair's house at night to dine on Kaikai!

“Lai Muhammed challenged me on a write
up that I wrote tagged ‘Enough is enough’.
He came to my house one Sunday night

3 Likes

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by omenka(m): 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
Oksman:
@ Omenka. Blind loyalty invoves a form of cognitive dissonance where an individual sees a problem or bad behaviour but prefers to keep a blind eye in favour of a positive image of his belief even when it is obvious that he is wrong in his cause. You throw punches at anyone who hold a contrary view of your warpep opinion but expect others to accept your submissions.
Oga oo!! Who send you?? Do I look or sound like I give a Bleep about your opinion or anyone else's for that matter??
Please learn not to give a Bleep about mine as well for that would serve your emotions well oo. Or is that too difficult for you to do??
Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by Firefire(m): 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
Lalasticlala, Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie has a clear message for President Buhary as a precaution. A follow up on the open letter tagged: "Enough is Enough"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by Nobody: 2:47am On Jun 20, 2016
iaamxavier:
PDP has seriously failed buhh y are all this catholic priest and cardinal getting involved in politics? this is a shame!!
Don't feel shameful.. ..

Politics started right in the CHURCH..
watch movies about the ROMAN EMPIRE and the Athens.

2 Likes

Re: “I Told Tinubu That Buhari Would Fail” – MUST READ Cardinal Okogie’s Interview by shyling(f): 8:28am On Jun 20, 2016
omenka:
Oga oo!! Who send you?? Do I look or sound like I give a Bleep about your opinion or anyone else's for that matter??
Please learn not to give a Bleep about mine as well for that would serve your emotions well oo. Or is that too difficult for you to do??
You should kid

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ: Jacob Wrestled With God, And So Should You / What Are The Old And New Covenants? / Religion And Personality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.