Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Do I Go Back Home? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do I Go Back Home? (3125 Views)

A Nairalander's Grandma Needs Her Way Back Home - Help Her / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise / Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
Acidosis:

Going back home is an alternative. Since you claimed your parents visit you often, I presumed you all live in Lagos. They wouldn't engage in frequent visitations if either of you resides in faraway north.

Consider the fact that you cannot cook.
Consider how much you spend on rent and bills on the mainland.
And to crown it all, you don't have a wife, not even in the process of getting one.

So what exactly are you doing on the Mainland that can't be done on the Island?

GO BACK to your parents home bro; MOVE OUT only when you're ready to build your marital life.

grin

And I have searched for you for some time now
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
cococandy:
cheesy

It's been a while since our path crossed. But will our differences stand in the way of a request, dear cococandy?
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by Acidosis(m): 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
postmann:

grin
And I have searched for you for some time now
grin
I'm alive bro

1 Like

Re: Do I Go Back Home? by IFELEKE(m): 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
OP,
I see you've gotten loads of wonderful advice here so I won't bore you.
Please don't go back!
I left my parents when I was 21 and fresh out of the polytechnic, got a job in a far away town and lived off God's mercy and human benevolence. I admit it wasn't easy at all especially at the beginning but I stuck to it and today, many years down the line I can say God has really blessed me with milestones(academically, career-wise, family and loads more).
So, let your family know you are set in your way and allay there concern by creating time for them on your own terms.
As for cooking, look for inexpensive ways of eating good food...For me, I patronised mama put a lot till my level changed from single to married.

That said, all the best!
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by Arijude(m): 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
chyjio:

That's a good idea. Maybe I go home once a week to get a flask of food,soup or stew. At least this will stop my mum from visiting me impromptu with food(I really want her to stop this). The only problem will then be to preserve the food(maybe I'll use my neighbour's freezer). Thanks man.
what problem do you have with your mother visiting you?
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by cococandy(f): 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2016
Yes it will

And I'm not your 'dear'
postmann:

It's been a while since our path crossed. But will our differences stand in the way of a request, dear cococandy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
cococandy:
Yes it will

And I'm not your 'dear'

Oouch!
I know where that came from but hey, don't let the past count.
After the trading of blows come the handshake.
Let's be civil, dear cococandy.
grin grin grin
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
Acidosis:

grin

I'm alive bro

And kicking vibrantly!
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do I Go Back Home? by cococandy(f): 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
postmann:

Oouch!
I know where that came from but hey, don't let the past count.
After the trading of blows come the handshake.
Let's be civil, dear cococandy.
grin grin grin
I'm nothing but civil.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
cococandy:

I'm nothing but civil.

And I trust you are even though we all have our moments. And it was one of such moments we fell out, hard as I tried to avoid it.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2016
I see my man, Joseph1832
grin
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by joseph1832(m): 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
cococandy:

I'm nothing but civil.
Hell hath no fury, more than a woman's scorn. Or so they say.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
joseph1832:

She wasn't scorned, joe..... okay, I got you. Well, you can say that again.

I thought you quoted Shakespeare.
grin
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by joseph1832(m): 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
postmann:
I see my man, Joseph.1832
grin
I see you too, post master general. Though, I expect you to know a beaten path, when you see one.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by joseph1832(m): 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
postmann:

She wasn't scorned, joe.
Oh, then what happened to her, why the feisty ness?
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
joseph1832:
I see you too, post master general. Though, I expect you to know a beaten path, when you see one.

There is no cap to possibility, my man.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
joseph1832:

I thought you quoted Shakespeare "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". So I replied that she wasn't scorned

But you said a woman's scorn, meaning she scorned me so I added "you can say that again"
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
joseph1832:

We had some accidental war of words. Something I tried hard for months not to do. But it happened. I understand her.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by cococandy(f): 6:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
postmann:

And I trust you are even though we all have our moments. And it was one of such moments we fell out, hard as I tried to avoid it.

bros we don't see eye to eye.
Sweetening up on me because you want something from me is not sincere. You can ask me to vote for your candidate without the fake niceness. I'll vote for her if I think she's worth the crown.

I like you better when you're all bare fanged and spilling your true feelings. What am I supposed to make of this sweetness from you? That you no longer think I'm a curse to womanhood grin

Abeg. Okay who's she? Mimzy? Let me goan vote and hear word.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by cococandy(f): 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
joseph1832:
your amebo knows no boundaries.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by joseph1832(m): 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2016
cococandy:
your amebo knows no boundaries.
Shoooooooooo was I talking to you? See me see wahala oh? Cococandy, shey I mention your moniker? Abeg oh.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by cococandy(f): 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
joseph1832:
Shoooooooooo was I talking to you? See me see wahala oh? Cococandy, shey I mention your moniker? Abeg oh.
just negodu

1 Like

Re: Do I Go Back Home? by joseph1832(m): 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
cococandy:
just negodu
Abeg leave me oh...
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by joseph1832(m): 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
postmann:

We had some accidental war of words. Something I tried hard for months not to do. But it happened. I understand her.
Oh, and like a typical woman, she's caving into her emotion and still keeping a grudge, why am I not surprise. Lol.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
cococandy:

bros we don't see eye to eye.
Sweetening up on me because you want something from me is not sincere. You can ask me to vote for your candidate without the fake niceness. I'll vote for her if I think she's worth the crown.

I like you better when you're all bare fanged and spilling your true feelings. What am I supposed to make of this sweetness from you? That you no longer think I'm a curse to womanhood grin

Abeg. Okay who's she? Mimzy? Let me goan vote and hear word.

I was very slow to clash with you the very first time we crossed and even afterwards. And I needed nothing from you then.

Let that count for something.

Insincerity walks in the shadows but I come to you in the open, and if the campaign provides an opportunity to make amends in the open and reach out to you whom I never wanted to have a war of words with, why won't I grab it?

Our differences persist, perhaps to create a healthy debate and entertainment in the jigsaw puzzle of life which could be boring otherwise.

Please accept my sincere apologies rendered on the rooftop of this great forum.

I'll need your vote for _mimzy on Saturday.

Thanks in advance.

You're by no means a cursed woman!

1 Like

Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
joseph1832:
Oh, and like a typical woman, she's caving into her emotion and still keeping a grudge, why am I not surprise. Lol.

Let's just say I stretched beyond the boundary of a healthy heated debate.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by joseph1832(m): 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
postmann:

Let's just say I stretched beyond the boundary of a healthy heated debate.
A gentleman extraordinaire you truly are. grin
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by cococandy(f): 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
Okay. I'll take your word for it.

Anyway I hope I can vote for two people because someone secured my vote first.
postmann:

I was very slow to clash with you the very first time we crossed and even afterwards. And I needed nothing from you then.

Let that count for something.

Insincerity walks in the shadows but I come to you in the open, and if the campaign provides an opportunity to make amends in the open and reach out to you whom I never wanted to have a war of words with, why won't I grab it?

Our differences persist, perhaps to create a healthy debate and entertainment in the jigsaw puzzle of life which could be boring otherwise.

Please accept my sincere apologies rendered on the rooftop of this great forum.

I'll need your vote for _mimzy on Saturday.

Thanks in advance.

You're by no means a cursed woman!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
cococandy:
Okay. I'll take your word for it.

Anyway I hope I can vote for two people because someone secured my vote first.

Oops! Then there's a twist. Unfortunately it's the final and one can only vote for one candidate.

But I'm satisfied already by your magnanimity which far exceeded my expectation or what I might have deserved. I will understand if you decide to vote for who approached you first.

Nonetheless, I'll knock on your door on Saturday morning.

Please accept my gratitude.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by cococandy(f): 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
I gat my eyes on you. cool
Let's see how long this gentlemanliness will last.

postmann:

Oops! Then there's a twist. Unfortunately it's the final and one can only vote for one candidate.

But I'm satisfied already by your magnanimity which far exceeded my expectation or what I might have deserved. I will understand if you decide to vote for who approached you first.

Nonetheless, I'll knock on your door on Saturday morning.

Please accept my gratitude.
Re: Do I Go Back Home? by postmann: 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
cococandy:
I gat my eyes on you. cool
Let's see how long this gentlemanliness will last.

grin grin grin

Like all mortals, I have my weakness. But in response to your good grace, my tried and true loyalty won't fail. Though I may gallop through each thread and posts with my trademark controversy, but at your name, I'll take off my hat for a warm salute.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

You earned it!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do I Go Back Home? by MRBrownJ: 1:28am On Jun 24, 2016
EfemenaXY:
What void are you referring to?

the void of CARE/AFFECTION/LOVE/COMPANIONSHIP in his life, or even yes, the void of having someone alleviate that "konji". this is some of the joy of being in a r/ship, and i believe OP must find the time to get a female companion.

He stated very clearly that he does not want a girlfriend yet, neither is he ready for one. So why try and rope him into a relationship he neither cares for nor wants at this time of his life?

NO, he just said he hasnt got time for one... HUGE difference (meaning he would like to have one if he had the time), he just need to find TIME.

Relationships come with responsibilities and are time consuming at best. Here we have a very focused young man who just wants to get on with his projects and self development and all you can think of is how he should start scouring for a girl to bed, cook, and clean up after him? Is that how lowly your perception of women is?? angry And before you shout 'companionship', did the @op mention any where in his post that he is lonely??

as i have always said... a good woman in the "RIGHT" r/ship makes a man turn into the best version of himself. we need women for many different things and i am sorry if you selfishly viewed my post as "women only good for sex/cooking/cleaning", when i specifically wrote:CARE/AFFECTION/COMPANIONSHIP before mentioning the SEX/COOKING part... i guess you are picking from my post only what fits your agenda.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Tell My Husband / Mum In The House Need Urgent Reply / Swimming Lessons For Abuja Residents!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.