Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,402 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? (41251 Views)

"For Better For Worse" Is It Supposed To Be Used During Vow? / Polygamy - Insatiable Desire For Multiple Wives / Why Are We Not Supposed To Eat Meat On Ash Wednesday And Fridays During Lent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Philinho(m): 11:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
folks4luv:

technically, those women are divorced, so what happens if they remarry? they become adulterers? so let's say, the newly born again man used the women as a pawn to save himself? I don't feel comfortable with that. why destroy other people's life cause u want to save urs?
Not so now. except d women refused to repent like d man. it is something everybody can understand . you should also know that d race is personal n no one should b a stumbling block. to me that is what make heaven hard to go except by d grace of GOD
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
mrZENographer:

Larrytorch, Jay542, frosbel2, ettaetta

That was from one of the horse's mouth.

.............................................................................................................................................

Now you are adding to the word of God.

Scripture says that Adultery is either sleeping with another mans wife or vice versa , or lusting after another man's wife or vice versa. Scripture is quite clear about this, yet you religious people like to add your own legalistic interpolations into scripture.

Stop adding to the word of God.

1 Like

Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
Keep Them.............No Other Option......It's Not A Sin In Any Way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
tranxo:

If you agree that in the Christian sense, only the first wife is truly his wife, then you should also agree that polygamy is adultery.

Why?

Because adultery is not only when a married man/woman sleeps with another person's wife/husband, it is also when a married person sleeps with someone else that is not his/her spouse. Note that that someone else may be single or married.

Therefore, since only the first wife is truly his wife, sleeping with the other "wives" in a polygamous setting is tantamount to adultery.

You are taking this position because you have been indoctrinated with European culture where sexual immorality prevails at it's very worst.

In other words, you have condemned almost 90% of your ancestors as serial adulterers , and I am talking about almost 2000 years ago when many of them had not even heard about Christ.

This is the same way the white man has brainwashed you and your church people to esteem a white wedding as more significant than our traditional wedding and so without a white wedding , the marriage is almost considered incomplete.

Polygamy is a historic fact and has never been condemned by God in an explicit manner so stop lying.

3 Likes

Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by searchng4love: 11:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
there's no argument you are just adding and subtracting from the Bible please check your portion in the last three verses of the last chapter of Revelations.
eph12:

I fear o. It's useless arguing religion. Very useless and endless so I always shy from it. Truth is there are many things one can't understand no matter the religion you belong to.

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by nairalandankrah: 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2016
Forlardara:
A man with wives dt got born again should come to Christ with ALL his wives. Salvation is unconditional! But it is a sin for a saved - married man with a wife to marry another wife.
. a woman who eventually & genuinly repents, finding herself in that condition will leave the union on her own...she go pack her bag run,because salvation is like water that washes the heart, cleanses the soul, and opens the eyes..its automatic and she'd know that she aint suppose to be there.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
folks4luv:

technically, those women are divorced, so what happens if they remarry? they become adulterers? so let's say, the newly born again man used the women as a pawn to save himself? I don't feel comfortable with that. why destroy other people's life cause u want to save urs?

1000 Likes, ignore those religious fanatics who are not followers of God but followers of MEN.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by eph12(m): 11:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
searchng4love:
there's no argument you are just adding and subtracting from the Bible please check your portion in the last three verses of the last chapter of Revelations.

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.
So what have I taken away or added to the Bible?
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by searchng4love: 11:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
Scholar8200:
So, when a married man begins to eye another woman (unmarried) with a desire for her while his wife is alive, what is that called, nay, what did Jesus call it?

Did not Jesus say divorce was allowed under the OT because of the hardness of their heart? And that it was NOT so from the beginning?

Stop the promotion of error!!!
what kind of desire? to marry her too? it is permitted.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by searchng4love: 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
the bible never said you should NOT marry more than one wife! You said it!

eph12:

So what have I taken away or added to the Bible?
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by searchng4love: 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
achorladey:
All I see is even if he had married them legally on same day, he was only practicing lawlessness because under God's law he had no basis for constituting such marriage but if he is bringing himself under God's law he will be free of such illegality if he let go of the other wives and stick with the first wife, because all he had was illegal in the first place.
Rev 22
Bible is written in English so you can read. Refusal to read is NOT an excuse!
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
folks4luv:

do u agree that by doing that, the man is destroying the lives of the other women he married cause he wishes to save himself? for example, he married three wives, the last one has spent 15 years with him, birthing 5 children. what happens to those women?
Listen dear. First off, the bible is every Genuine christian's standard and must be strictly followed. What happens to them? They were never his in the first place.they were 'live in' lovers.So its up to them to get married PROPERLY. The man is liable to take of the whatever children he had from such women. It is more like restitution..you can't find Christ and still allow your mistake persist.Pls understand me..he is not just saving himself, but everyone concerned.Tell me wich woman loves to share her husband? The woman can re-marry
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by eph12(m): 11:44pm On Jun 21, 2016
folks4luv:

Actually technically Christianity does not even recognize the marriage in the first instance so there is no divorce.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
Jay542:

i'm a muslim and we are all learning. Its nothing personal. But if this is what the bible says then its very unfair to the other wives. Cos the same bible preaches repentance to the best of my knowledge. If the bible didnt state any solution to cases like this, yu should use your prophets to judge. King David married more than 1 woman and God pardoned him. Then God will also pardon this case cos he is the most Merciful.

God did not pardon David because he married more than one wife, he pardoned David for the sin of sleeping with another man's legally married wife. Read the bible , don't let these people confuse you...

1 Like

Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by eph12(m): 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
searchng4love:
the bible never said you should NOT marry more than one wife! You said it!

Oh that! I agree smiley
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by mrZENographer: 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
frosbel2:

Now you are adding to the word of God.

Scripture says that Adultery is either sleeping with another mans wife or vice versa , or lusting after another man's wife or vice versa. Scripture is quite clear about this, yet you religious people like to add your own legalistic interpolations into scripture.

Stop adding to the word of God.

Then what do u call a married man sleeping with a non-married woman?
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
eph12:

Actually technically Christianity does not even recognize the marriage in the first instance so there is no divorce.

I am happy you said Christianity ( apostate that is ) and not God.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by searchng4love: 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
Scholar8200:
I am surprised! Even Jesus affirmed that the woman who had had 5 husbands was with another man who He/she affirmed was not hers! They cohabited, he (the other 5 and the current ones) played the role of husband, the warped society called them husbands, but before the Lord, they were not hers. Now translate this to the man that had more than one wife!

Besides, these folks are the ones that perhaps would call Zacchaeus foolish for restoring all that he had got falsely!

God help us from these peddlers of damnable heresies!!!

where did the Bible forbid marrying more than one wife? Chapter and Verse!

1 Like

Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
mrZENographer:

Then what do u call a married man sleeping with a non-married woman?

There is a big difference between sleeping with an unmarried woman and marrying an unmarried woman, you are confusing the two.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by searchng4love: 11:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
then also accept Rev 22
Cos that is what the Bible says

eph12:

Oh that! I agree smiley
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Jay542(m): 11:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
nairalandankrah:
Dearest, A True Christian Knows That Christianity Is Serious Business, And That Jesus Christ Meant All That He Said And Thaught..We Believe That We Were Bought With His Precious Blood And So We Are Slaves To Him And Him Alone. As Such, We Are DUTY BOUND to do HIS will WHATEVER THE COST..going to heaven is not SHAWARMA AND ICE CREAM neither is it a JOURNEY for the lazy and undetermined. its a journey for the SINCERE, FAITHFULL, AND OBEDIENT.
oh so he should divorce the other wives Haba!

1 Like

Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
Jay542:

oh so he should divorce the other wives Haba!

You are dealing with the 'Boko Haram' version of Christianity, abeg ignore him grin
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by searchng4love: 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
eph12:

The Bible is always very straight I do NOT know what your technical means
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by eph12(m): 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
searchng4love:
then also accept Rev 22
Cos that is what the Bible says

Yea I accept too. Any other that needs acceptance too? Just mention me and I will gladly accept o. No strength to argue anything religion.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by femifemo123: 11:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
eph12:
Christianity recognises the first wife as the legitimate wife
So wot happens to others?
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Jay542(m): 11:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
frosbel2:

God did not pardon David because he married more than one wife, he pardoned David for the sin of sleeping with another man's legally married wife. Read the bible , don't let these people confuse you...
God sha pardoned him, thats my point. whats your take on this??
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by eph12(m): 11:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
frosbel2:

I am happy you said Christianity ( apostate that is ) and not God.
Didn't know Christianity also means apostate. Not even sure what that means but hey I agree with any point or objection you raise.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by searchng4love: 11:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
the danger is u believe what you typed. Please show me the Chapter and verse of the Bible in support of your spurious assertion!

Forlardara:
A man with wives dt got born again should come to Christ with ALL his wives. Salvation is unconditional! But it is a sin for a saved - married man with a wife to marry another wife.
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Goshen360(m): 11:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
BCJAY:
The law of God cannot be changed he has to make restitution and stay with only the first one he wedded. No two way about it

My dear, which law of God are you referring to please? And how does the man restitute the kids or children? grin
2, how does he restitute the "Kongo" wey him don dey shine for many years? grin Just curious wink

1 Like

Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by eph12(m): 11:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
searchng4love:

The Bible is always very straight I do NOT know what your technical means

It means exactly what it means
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by Jay542(m): 11:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
frosbel2:

You are dealing with the 'Boko Haram' version of Christianity, abeg ignore him grin
Dont incite anything. Just go and sleep jeje undecided
frosbel2:

Dont incite anything. Just go and sleep jeje
Re: If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? by eph12(m): 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
femifemo123:

So wot happens to others?
Their real husbands are waiting for them somewhere. But I have to ask do you believe it's not Godly to be polygamous?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pastor Lazarus Muoka Visits 195 Army Headquarters In Borno State / Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo Laments 'Level Of Nudity' In Weddings / Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Singers With Highest Followers On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.