Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Coloured Women From SA Needing Advice On Dating A Nigerian Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Coloured Women From SA Needing Advice On Dating A Nigerian Man (768 Views)

Pictures Of Nigerian Women From Times Past / Should I Keep On Dating This Girl Or Should I Break Up With Her? / The Beauty Of Nigerian Women From Kano And Zaria (northern Kaduna) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coloured Women From SA Needing Advice On Dating A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
I'm a coloured woman from Port Elizabeth, who recently got involved with a Nigerian man even though he has a girlfriend (she's not from Nigeria or SA). I find this man very charming. He always says the right things to win me over and he treats me with respect. He told me he loves me and will leave his girlfriend for me but I need to give it time... He even spoke about having children together... I have fallen head over heals in love with him but I've been hurt too many times. Can this man be trusted or am I just being played for a fool here. I would like some honest opinions from the forum please. Also another question, If a Nigerian man had paid labolla for a Nigerian woman in Nigeria but broke things off before the ceremony, is it still his obligation to marry this woman or are they married already seeing that he'd paid labolla. Our culture doesn't allow for a man to pay labolla, so I don't know much about it.

Thanks for the feedback
Re: Coloured Women From SA Needing Advice On Dating A Nigerian Man by ZeeAfrica(f): 9:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
Sister r we pychic? Do we knw wat is in dat yo man's mind? Abeg we r not mind readers. Anyway, wat is dis yo lobola?
Re: Coloured Women From SA Needing Advice On Dating A Nigerian Man by MDsambo: 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
cool

*Jst passing by*
Re: Coloured Women From SA Needing Advice On Dating A Nigerian Man by cynthia123(f): 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
Sweedy, its nice to throw up this question to Nigerians.

I will advice you do not have full trust in him. Do you know why?

We Nigerians have a bad image outside the country (though not all of us are bad)

Throw up alot of test to see how sincere he is to you.

As for the lobola (dowry), how did you know he broke up with the lady?

Is that what he told you? And you believed him?

Am not tryna doubt the man but since you have been through a lot of heart breaks

i sincerely do not want this to end up the same way.
Re: Coloured Women From SA Needing Advice On Dating A Nigerian Man by Olayinkaboss(m): 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
cynthia123:

We Nigerians have a bad image outside the country (though not all of us are bad)

Am not tryna doubt the man but since you have been through a lot of heart breaks

See dis 1 oh, tanishing we 9ja guys image to an expatriate

1 Like

Re: Coloured Women From SA Needing Advice On Dating A Nigerian Man by change49gerians: 9:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
you made things even worse for her and for all Nigerians. how does having a bad image connect to her question? the man is in a relationship already and she is going in as a mistress. do not blame the man. for she knows about his current relationship. tomorrow do not blame it on any Nigerian. you met a man and he is a man period. being Nigerian has nothing to do with being in love. men are same all over the world.we do not have the highest divorce rate or the highest single women in the world. save us some image here please.
as for you miss colored SA, I have been to J'burg two times and i dont see your men marrying you either. If you love the Nigerian man and want to dip your head in love, be ready for whatever comes out of it. we cannot predict the heart of the man. many Nigerians end up with foreign wives, many do not and the case is similar to people all over the world. Study the man you claim to love and do not shatter your fellow girl's relationship and hope for yours not to be shattered by someone else in the future. if the man is engaged to someone else, then go find your own man. As for dowry, if it is not paid, then the girl is not traditionally married. she is free to marry another man.
cynthia123:

Re: Coloured Women From SA Needing Advice On Dating A Nigerian Man by abiolert(m): 6:54am On Jun 21, 2016
ZeeAfrica:
Sister r we pychic? Do we knw wat is in dat yo man's mind? Abeg we r not mind readers. Anyway, wat is dis yo lobola?
lobola is the same thing as bride price .

(1) (Reply)

6 Things You Need To Do In Long Distance Relationships Or Marriages / 5 Ways To Catch Woman / Is It Awkward To Attend Ex's Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.