Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area (39089 Views)

European Union To Ban Using Insecticides To Kill Bees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by timilehin007(m): 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
Cherishing:
Tunder for ya life o
you too fine to they curse person nah
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by candidbabe(f): 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
Op it seems you hate money. Hmmmm Pure honey is very difficult to come by these days.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Lordmykel(m): 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
Shea una been de run from getto grin
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by mysticgal(f): 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
Op save yourself the stress and call fumigators
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by banme1(m): 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
Eye opener. Get 60cages of bee hive. Harvest up to 200liters. That's 600k. Lazy youths rise up. Stop fooling around for white collar jobs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by oscarnoble(m): 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
That bees re not ordinary plz be careful,, consult a man of God to send it back to the sender

3 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by apholaryn: 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
call 911

1 Like

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by CaptainEColeJnr: 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
OP
Bees are diurnal creatures..

I'd advise you to get a spray of pesticide.. and wait until dusk when they become less active, ensure you wear protective clothing to avoid unnecessary stings...

Move close to the hive and spray the pesticide at them and leave immediately to avoid or trigger aggression .. then wait until some of them start dying .. do this again at dawn. Then bet me they'll all die... once you're sure the bees are dead...
clear the honeycomb and wax as they can damage the trees.. and cause future infestation.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by DifferentBoy1(m): 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by timilehin007(m): 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2016
Alexandro15:
But where were you when they were building the nest. Or you mean to tell me you have not been seeing this nest growing bigger day by day

You can search for bee farmers. They removed a bee nest near my compound in my village . Don't heed anyone telling you to do-it-yourself. Its very dangerous. Let experienced people take care of it. Their pay might even be the honey comb

Lalasticlala , front page please
nest for bee? It's wah for u o
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by timilehin007(m): 9:29pm On Jun 22, 2016
banme1:
Eye opener. Get 60cages of bee hive. Harvest up to 200liters. That's 600k. Lazy youths rise up. Stop fooling around for white collar jobs
600k?well if I were you I'd just relate with the op and do what is necessary, 600k no be beans bro except you are just exaggerating
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
iyke484real:
grin you want to send them packing... to where bye the way? Ain't they also A member of the zoo? Abi there is racism in the zoo ni
hehehehehe my guy see question grin grin racism in the zoo
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by banme1(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
timilehin007:
600k?well if I were you I'd just relate with the op and do what is necessary, 600k no be beans bro except you are just exaggerating
am not. Very serious.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by pickins77: 9:31pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dey also came 2 ma house but we left them till dey went on dia own.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by oyetunder(m): 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
Simple. Bees are not active at night. So set them on fire in the middle of the night. Just put an old tire close to the tree, and let the fire do the work.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by kelvyn7: 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
Neduzze5:
Leave them, they would relocate very soon, probably before the end of the day.

It has happened to me before... They settled around an orange tree in my compound. I was even happy to see them because I learnt so much about them in school.

Unfortunately, the next time I came out of the house to have a look at them, they had disappeared.

cheesy they didn't want u to do u practical on them
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by hopilo: 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
No cause to fear, it's a natural scene in rural or villages areas that has tress and woods as bees habitat
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
Set fire in the night Benet the tree, they hardly see at night that is why local harvesters harvest bees at night with fire
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by VajanahDischaj(f): 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
Use sniper spray them or get ready to get honey.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by calyb247(m): 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
Explorers:
Do you beekeepers or farmer around you?

Swarming is the process by which a new honey bee colony is formed when the queen bee leaves the colony with a large group of worker bees. In the prime swarm, about 60% of the worker bees leave the original hive location with the old queen. This swarm can contain thousands to tens of thousands of bees.

How does this your google information help in disembarking these bees?
OP if its not too late already, get the kids to stay indoors, get a fire spray, the career should be well shielded and spray them away.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
buharisbae:
Op just use ur hand and scatter them And thank me later tongue
i be wan react com see ur moniker ....na so una dey reason

2 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by faithlelas: 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
It's a bad sign. ... Get fuel in a bowl, just drop it under the tree nd they will fall in
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by CaptainEColeJnr: 9:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
oscarnoble:
That bees re not ordinary plz be careful,, consult a man of God to send it back to the sender
Gbenu e soun undecided

Nigerians and superstitions be like....

10 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by tayo200(m): 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
oboyyy.. dem go reach 2million like dt o
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by faithlelas: 9:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
It's a bad sign..Just put some fuel in a bowl, keep the fuel under the tree nd they will leave
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by FEEXPERT: 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
Are u from a town call Supare Akoko r anybody around u from the town, ask them for solutions. don't allow the younger ones to throw things on them o.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Ranchhoddas: 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
The Lord is telling you to go into honey production. God don pick your call.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by buharisbae(f): 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
Adikam:
i be wan react com see ur moniker ....na so una dey reason

u know uree very annoying when they call u frustrated u think its play? wasn't I joking? pls swerve I don't have time for people of ur calibre

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20-Year-Old Man Built An Aircraft Training Replica In Adamawa (Photos) / World's Most Amazing Ship. / Meet Temitope Ogunsemo, Founder Of Krystal Digital, A $3 Million Edtech Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.