Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area (39090 Views)

European Union To Ban Using Insecticides To Kill Bees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by BushDoctor123: 10:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
This solution might look weird but trust me it will work. spray a very strong perfume the type sold by those aboki mallams, hold a bunch of broom on your right hand and one medium size onion on your left hand walk quietly to the bee hive, as u approach the hive trust me the bees will disappear in a jiffy. Don't thank me later since you dislike honey.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
abeg mo tell them the people wey dey the compound to leave them and dnt go near . or else dem go sting you like madness.to the extent of the person face go swell
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by masqot(m): 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
Try to make fire that would bring smoke for a long time even in your absence very close to them. I mean make them feel the feel the gentle smoke. They will find their level.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by OMAR12: 11:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
if u wanna send them away place fire underneath it at night when they are weak not during the day ooo, BT if u want to get their honey just a big bucket very large one or a mini drum, carefully place it beside the bee at night also, cover the opening with a sack or something that will be well ventilated with a small opening and watch them make it a home. make sure that the drum is well placed oo so it doesn't get thrown down by the wind.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by koboko69: 11:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
Funjosh:

with what am seeing and my raw estimation they should more than a thosand. I dont know any bee keeper around.

Over a thousand? Open your eyes well o. We are looking at over 5000 with that pic ooop
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by basingstoke: 11:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

Uncle, the honey is for bees' children. As per that is their own form of milk. If the bees go, the babies will still be there to lick the honey.

Just make a smokey fire. Plenty smoke will scare them. You don't fear and don't. run. If you run, they will pursue as an enemy. If you stand they will pass by. DO NOT RUN. A make sure that smoke remains blowing on the hive

when they leave cut down the hive and squeeze out your honey.

In fact, where do you live? Let me just come and do it.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Bro thanks for the info, but i am not the originator of the thread, u ,mistakenly quote. Anyways, how things. BROS dey hail you.

1 Like

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by victoristic(m): 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2016
I just don't like grave's....

that's like two in one compound.... Blood of Jesus
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Enyimbamercedes: 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
Leave them alone. Bees won't trouble anyone if you don't trouble them. Bees pollinate flowers; they are an integral part of a healthy ecosystem.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by joegigs(m): 12:01am On Jun 23, 2016
youmour:
Stick ur preek in it and thrust hard in it,this will blind their eyes afterwards bust ur nut inside,your semen and the honey will cause a reaction like the atomic bomb and kill them all..
*takes a drag of his weed*
guy if to say u no be male I for call u Jezebel .lol.u wicked
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by delerx(m): 12:10am On Jun 23, 2016
lilzcee:
Use ur hand to kill them
wickedness
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by delerx(m): 12:15am On Jun 23, 2016
If u r in Lagos call lasema. cheesy
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by ProfessorXX(m): 12:15am On Jun 23, 2016
Make a fire under the tree. It will scare them away. But pls make sure u have nothing to do with the honey or whatever is left behind. After doing this,pray seriously against the spirit of death in your family or in the compound in which they gathered. Spiritually, it is a sign of death coming to that compound. Fast and pray against death in that compound. God be with u as u do that. It is well.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by vislabraye(m): 12:16am On Jun 23, 2016
Funjosh:
Hello good evening Nairalanders please I noticed swarm of bees around a tree in our compounds and don't know how to send them packing because of the children around. People that are seeing it are saying they are dangerous, please what can we do about it

U see problem, I see honey.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by jannykellys(f): 12:40am On Jun 23, 2016
Am seeing money
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 23, 2016
you SHOULD MOVE OUT
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by precised: 2:04am On Jun 23, 2016
Im not superstitions but based on what couple of people said above, i thot id google it and see what i see, its white folks superstition. Here goes: Omens have been read in the flight of bees, as well as the flight of birds, for centuries. When bees swarm it is usually considered an ill omen. If bees swarmed onto a dead or rotten tree, it was said to portend the death of one of the family who owned or lived near the tree. When bees become lethargic it augurs misfortune and if they are busy buzzing away then they augur good fortune

Pls try get rid of them for your own peace of mind, apart from superstitions, such num attacking cld be deadly especially where kids are, they cld be p,ay and disturb then, seeing them in the pic kind of made me cringed, I cldnt look twice
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by DedeNkem: 2:17am On Jun 23, 2016
Let it be. As long as no one disturbs them, they won't attack.
You can use this opportunity to create a honey farm. Honey is a profitable product.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by galantjoe(m): 2:44am On Jun 23, 2016
swarming of bees in home is a sign of bad omen. it is a warning that somehing go wrong in the past now the repercussion is imminent.
pls ask your alfa or pastor
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by lumeneng22: 4:04am On Jun 23, 2016
Ask those people in your area who are fond of calling their spouses Honey. They may know better. Why should bees be dangerous? They produce the much talk about honey.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 23, 2016
Funjosh:
Hearing some scary stories about this creatures do we have anybody that got experience in handling them

Cc dominique
Bees are wonderful creatures and are harmless except u pose a threat to their environment.They protect the queen bee .
N/B once a bee stings,it dies.
Make sure there is noise control in that area because they hate noise.You can harvest from them twice in a year,you just need to have the skills so that we won't hear,had I know
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:29am On Jun 23, 2016
those bees are swarming or looking for a desirable location to settle.If they haven't relocated,u & those around you should take this precautions,dont use perfume or any body creme made with bee pollen or wax or you will be attack(how will you know d content?it is better you dont creme.),advice those around using lipstick to be careful,dont create loud noise,try to remove every possible water or u will encourage d bees to conclude that they dont need to migrate any longer.They are not aggressive at night,but could kill a cow during d day,more aggressive during sunshine.My advice are get an experience beekeeper or fulani(worked with one when we harvested honey on a farm 2014,he did not even wear any gear)to assist if d colony relent to migrate.smoke can weaken them,better @ night,NOTE:A SINGLE STING MIGHT B GOOD FOR D BODY,BUT TO SOME,IT KILLS.from an agronomist,i worked with bees & apiary for my project in 1999,d last was 2014 on d farm i mentioned earlier,on a farm in jabata,surulere LGA,Oyo State.All d best

1 Like

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 23, 2016
warning: leave them they will go back to wherever they came from...they wont stay more than 3 days cause they will not be comfortable with so many people crossing there...They are only searching for food (sugar from the stem maybe) and protecting the queen...if it stays more than 3 days call me.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by IRserveMyComent(f): 5:50am On Jun 23, 2016
iyke484real:
grin you want to send them packing... to where bye the way? Ain't they also A member of the zoo? Abi there is racism in the zoo ni
Lols
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by ibkgab001: 5:53am On Jun 23, 2016
A zoo is better than a swampy Jungle of the red land
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by NwaAdazi: 6:00am On Jun 23, 2016
Am a beekeeper, call me for proper and safe evacuation of those bees without a single sting on anyone.
call/whatsapp 08039232886

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Uniboy: 6:09am On Jun 23, 2016
Having bees around your house is not ordinary,man.Especially if they were not there before,they just came and settled there.

It's a clear sign of something...When it happened to me back then,I went on my knees for days and after the prayers,they all left the following morning and never come till today.

Using natural means to drive them as is the advice here may backfire.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by stubbornman(m): 6:10am On Jun 23, 2016
Cherishing:
With what seeing seeing ...

Run

I

Say

Run

For

Ya

Life

And

Don't

Look

Back

where him go run go
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by CarrotAndStick: 6:19am On Jun 23, 2016
Use fire. There's nothing they fear more than fire. But make sure you're completely masked before you go near that tree. Bee's sting can kill.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by CarrotAndStick: 6:19am On Jun 23, 2016
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Billiondoe: 6:34am On Jun 23, 2016
Funjosh:
Hello good evening Nairalanders please I noticed swarm of bees around a tree in our compounds and don't know how to send them packing because of the children around. People that are seeing it are saying they are dangerous, please what can we do about it

They are there because of the Queen bee. Queen bee must be trapped in your compound, unless they see the Queen bee, they won't leave
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by verifielive: 6:40am On Jun 23, 2016
Construct a bee hive
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20-Year-Old Man Built An Aircraft Training Replica In Adamawa (Photos) / World's Most Amazing Ship. / Meet Temitope Ogunsemo, Founder Of Krystal Digital, A $3 Million Edtech Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.