Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area (39087 Views)

European Union To Ban Using Insecticides To Kill Bees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Funjosh(m): 6:50am On Jun 23, 2016
dukeprince50:
Bees just wont sting, only if dey are provoked, dat is by going thru dere entrance, wat u should do is first use fire or smoke to chase dem, den wen dey are off, clean every trace of honey on d tree or else dey will b back. I rear bees so i knw a little abt dem

please how long does it take before they produce their honey, because today is their third morning on that tree, if it were to be me i would have ignore till they are done. But am just scared they might get provoked by some sturbon and inquisitive children.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by semochendo1(m): 6:50am On Jun 23, 2016
Call 07065308183 if you are in lagos. We will get rid of them for you.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Funjosh(m): 6:56am On Jun 23, 2016
bante22:
Where were u before it gets to dat extent.

we noticed them their around 4pm on tuesday evening, when and how they get their i dont know. But what i notice was they are increasing in numbers by the day.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by MrOlai: 7:00am On Jun 23, 2016
Funjosh:
Hello good evening Nairalanders please I noticed swarm of bees around a tree in our compounds and don't know how to send them packing because of the children around. People that are seeing it are saying they are dangerous, please what can we do about it

Death and money lurking around your house!

Consult the apiarists to avoid death! With the apiarists too, you can become rich!

If the bees are provoked and they attack one person, the person may not get to the hospital before he/she dies!
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by stevups(m): 7:03am On Jun 23, 2016
Set fire under that tree at night as u do so buy action 40(chemical) and spray it on them. Plsease at night!
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:07am On Jun 23, 2016
Funjosh:

please how long does it take before they produce their honey, because today is their third morning on that tree, if it were to be me i would have ignore till they are done. But am just scared they might get provoked by some sturbon and inquisitive children.
bees feed on honey, but men steals their food. Depends on the health of the colony, but you will always see honey,but quantity depends on their duration in a place,feeding distance,water distance,their health. 3 days? just minute size/quantity
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Sayelabola(m): 7:40am On Jun 23, 2016
Neduzze5:
Leave them, they would relocate very soon, probably before the end of the day.

It has happened to me before... They settled around an orange tree in my compound. I was even happy to see them because I learnt so much about them in school.

Unfortunately, the next time I came out of the house to have a look at them, they had disappeared.

Bros, perhaps the oranges aren't sweet to their taste, thus they left without bidding farewell. grin grin

But from the OP's pictures, one could see that they have built a temple there, and are ready to do their best to defend themselves if provoked... an experienced professional is needed urgently.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Patented: 8:03am On Jun 23, 2016
@Funjosh keep a smoky fire burning under the tree for a few days. The don't like smoke and it kinda makes them more placid.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by vickylala239: 8:05am On Jun 23, 2016
Funjosh:
Hello good evening Nairalanders please I noticed swarm of bees around a tree in our compounds and don't know how to send them packing because of the children around. People that are seeing it are saying they are dangerous, please what can we do about it

Jst pack ur loads to swamp
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 23, 2016
buharisbae:

u know uree very annoying when they call u frustrated u think its play? wasn't I joking? pls swerve I don't have time for people of ur calibre
Cry Cry Baby i will teach you how to write 'Are' not ree(i no blame u o as u not get cert) :p tongue
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by buharisbae(f): 8:20am On Jun 23, 2016
Adikam:
Cry Cry Baby i will teach you how to write 'Are' not ree(i no blame u o as u not get cert) :p tongue

Lol they Dont write on social media they TYPE! see person wey get PhD undecided
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by AIR59(m): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2016
banme1:
Ur mates de rear bees. U de look for way to send them away. Receive sense.
In a residential area? SMH 4 u
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by jamil002: 9:48am On Jun 23, 2016
Bees are very dangerous.. I heard it killed my secondary school principal and her two kids..The children went to the village for holiday and decided to go look for cherry..They mistakenly provoked some Bees and they were stung ruthlessly.Their mum ran to rescue them and she was also stung,they were all rushed to the hospital but unfortunately the three of them died..
@OP,try and gather some dry woods around the tree and put enough kerosene or even fuel to enable it burn up..but u can do it at night when you know its time to retire to bed.If you do it during the day,children may want to play and they may get stung...
I hope this helps..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 23, 2016
Bros, pray wella. It's a sign of a bad omen
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Reus30bc: 10:23am On Jun 23, 2016
Don't u have faith!!! just pour Water on them and thank me latersmiley
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2016
buharisbae:

Lol they Dont write on social media they TYPE! see person wey get PhD undecided
can you type what you can not write?.plz enuf of ur quotin i don tire abeg
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by uwuana: 10:52am On Jun 23, 2016
from what am seeing through the pictures Bee don't build there hive in open places, they are just relaxing for a while, they will soon leave, but be patient for them to go, if you trouble them by fire or smoke, that's when they will attack. I believe they have been there for some days now without any disturbance, but I know how you are concern about the kids around, just be careful anyway.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by EverestdeBliu(m): 11:19am On Jun 23, 2016
aikluck007:
Employ experts to construct a bee hive for you immediately... Those bees can make u richer
business minded cheesy
aikluck007:
Employ experts to construct a bee hive for you immediately... Those bees can make u richer
business minded
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by abdoolorunwa(m): 11:44am On Jun 23, 2016
Alexandro15:
But where were you when they were building the hive. Or you mean to tell me you have not been seeing this hive growing bigger day by day

You can search for bee farmers. They removed a bee hive near my compound in my village . Don't heed anyone telling you to do-it-yourself. Its very dangerous. Let experienced people take care of it. Their pay might even be the honey comb

Lalasticlala , front page please
HABA ALAMPASU!!! THAT IS NOT YET A HIVE, ITS A COLONY. THEY CAN ASSEMBLE IN A MATTER OF SECONDS. WEAR PROTECTIVE CLOTHING QUIETLY WALK BENEATH THE TREE WITH BUNDLES OF FIRE WOOD WITH EITHER PMS OR KERO, SET A LINE SOAKED IN KERO OR PMS TO A SAFE DISTANCE, CLEAR EVERYONE IN THE AREA, BACHA KUNI LIGHTER AND BOOM ALL THEM BEES GONNA BLOW UP MAN.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 23, 2016
see free honey shocked why should u send them packing ?? are u Donald trash?sorry truck. oh sorry trump-et
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by mrmatt(m): 12:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
This could be a sign of bad omen (God forbid sha) they will leave on their own after three days.
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by banme1(m): 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
AIR59:
In a residential area? SMH 4 u
really. Try and learn something new
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
we had issues with bees around our house several times, until I learn to handle them. now listen to this facts.
Bees can't see at night they can only hummmm.....
You can pack them into a container with bear hands at night they will not sting I know fear will not let you anyway
At night pour kerosene at them wake up in d morning and sweep their remains.
you can also use insecticide if you have money instead of kero.
To fight them in d day you must dress like an astronaut lest I forget they don't just sting they shoot.
contact me am tired of typing
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Funjosh(m): 9:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
Thanks everyone that comment and gave advice in one way or the other. I noticed that they shifting downward because of the Sun there using the Yam leaves as their shelter. So we decided to cut off the Yam from the stem hoping that when the leaves withered they will find their way, guess they sensed that their was no more life in the leaves they just move upwards making noise and finally moved westward. But I couldn't capture them with my phone because I have to take cover. angry
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by darlington64: 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
End time bees grin shocked
Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by ricsman(m): 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2016
thaoriginator:
shocked *faints*
ohhh did I said hate in place of heat.... no pblem I know say u go school pass some Prof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20-Year-Old Man Built An Aircraft Training Replica In Adamawa (Photos) / World's Most Amazing Ship. / Meet Temitope Ogunsemo, Founder Of Krystal Digital, A $3 Million Edtech Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.