Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,239 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? (1425 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex / Is It Possible For A Guy To Date A Lady Four Years Without Sex? / Man And His Fiancee's Bum In Doggie Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by kay29000(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
Yea, that's the question of the day; Is it possible for a man and woman to be just friends? Is it possible for a man and a woman to be just friends without some form of emotions creeping in? Nope...I don't think so. Well, that's just me, but I will speak on why I think it is impossible.

Throw a woman and a man in house, and restrict them from leaving the premises for one month. It is almost guaranteed that they would start to develop strong feelings for each other, even if they never found each other attractive the first time they saw each other. This is the same reason why there is a lot of sleeping around among coworkers; being in close proximity with someone day in day out over a long period of time makes people develop feelings for each other.

I remember one time last year, I was in a bus heading home and there was this man and woman sitting beside me. From their conversation, I got to realize that they were friends that worked in the same establishment and went home together, daily. The man was married, the lady on the other hand was single. Although they tried to keep their conversation very light, it was obvious to the discerning eyes that they had developed strong feelings for each other. Just before they dropped, the lady complained that she had been having problems removing her necklace and asked the man to help her. As the man fondled with the neckpiece, I wonder if the man knew what he was getting himself into.

I just don't think a man and a woman can be friends. I see that as someone having a pet chicken; he/she is going to eat that chicken one day. Don't get me wrong; I am not talking of very casual friends that see each other at the bar or on the streets every now and then. I am talking about a man and woman that see each other and hangout quite often.

As Harry said in the classic Meg Ryan movie from the 80s (When Harry Met Sally) 'men and women can't be just friends because the sex part always gets in the way.' This doesn't mean that all men and women that are or were friends usually end up having sex, but both parties would be lying if they said they never thought about it...and this is the major problem. The guy starts thinking maybe he should make a move, sometimes confusing the way the girl acts comfortable around him for flirting. And the girl might not want that at all. Most times, girls like to have a boyfriend they have all the emotional ups and downs with, and then that male friend they can just be on a platonic level with, and discuss some of their problems and deep secrets with. I guess it gives them a balance.

With all these said, I am not an sociologist, I am just speaking on my personal experience, those of my close friends, and those of strangers I have watched from afar. So, you don't have to agree with anything I said in this article.

http://outoftheordinary101..com.ng/2016/06/is-it-possible-for-man-and-woman-to-be.html

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by prahcetomi(m): 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
Its very possible......
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by kay29000(m): 9:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
prahcetomi:
Its very possible......

Hmm! Are you sure?
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by Jay542(m): 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2016
It's very possible. Especially if she has a boyfriend and she's loyal.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hardly possible.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by TuneChi369(m): 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
Sure they can be friends...Not just friends but Best friends and am a living example.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by cruzita(f): 9:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
its very possible because I have lots of male friends than female friends
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 22, 2016
Yap......
It's very possible

.....cheesygrin

Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by kay29000(m): 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Hardly possible.

Thank you.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by AnodaIT(m): 9:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
it is possible but very torturous

Not a pleasant experience for any guy no matter how much and how long he smartly hide it

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by iykekelvins(m): 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
SANDOSKI:
Yap......
It's very possible

.....cheesygrin
Its impossible for me and you to be JUST friends

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hell no!
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by kay29000(m): 9:29pm On Jun 22, 2016
AnodaIT:
it is possible but very torturous

Not a pleasant experience for any guy no matter how much and how long he smartly hide it

Exactly! So, in other words, it is not possible. Cos in the mind of the guy, he wants something more.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
iykekelvins:
Its impossible for me and you to be JUST friends

Swithrt, kisskiss

Very very very very very very very very very very •Impossible •cheesy

Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by AnodaIT(m): 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2016
cruzita:
Most of you girls shouting "I have more or prefer male friends than females" you may never know the torture we pass through every night when you leave, even when we have our gf.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by iykekelvins(m): 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2016
SANDOSKI:

Swithrt, kisskiss

Very very very very very very very very very very •Impossible •cheesy
Baby, my love for you strong pass the love. Way Buhari get for Naija cheesy
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by jopretty(f): 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
It is very possible. Infact I have a bestie who is a male, the best friend anyone can think of. We talk about virtually every thing and still Love, respect and are loyal to our boo/bae.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
iykekelvins:
Baby, my love for you strong pass the love. Way Buhari get for Naija cheesy

cheesy
My Jewel, I luv ya too

kiss

Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by iykekelvins(m): 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
SANDOSKI:

cheesy
My Jewel, I luv ya too

kiss
You're a rare gem kisskiss
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
iykekelvins:
You're a rare gem kisskiss

My*sugarkiss

Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by prahcetomi(m): 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
kay29000:

Hmm! Are you sure?
Very sure

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
possible. I have lots of male friends that I am more close to...
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by iykekelvins(m): 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2016
SANDOSKI:

My*sugarkiss
smileysmileysmiley
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by ForeverYoung197(f): 5:56am On Jun 23, 2016
Yes. A Platonic friendship. I've got a lot of male friends and I can't afford to lose them. They are so special to me.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by foolinlove(f): 5:57am On Jun 23, 2016
Not at all possible.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by Countrygirl(f): 6:10am On Jun 23, 2016
I think it's possible if one/both parties keep hiding their feelings.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 23, 2016
cruzita:
If only you knew their thoughts
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 23, 2016
jopretty:
It is very possible. Infact I have a bestie who is a male, the best friend anyone can think of. We talk about virtually every thing and still Love, respect and are loyal to our boo/bae.
Speak for yourself O
Dont speak for the guy
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by kay29000(m): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2016
Countrygirl:

Thank you for being realistic with your answer.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by kay29000(m): 9:35am On Jun 23, 2016
Countrygirl:

Thank you for being realistic with your answer.
Re: Is It Possible For A Man And A Woman To Be Just Friends? by kay29000(m): 9:38am On Jun 23, 2016
So most girls on the thread think it is possible and even go ahead to say they have male friends they are very close with. If only they knew what was running through the minds of those boys.

(1) (Reply)

How My Smelly Boxer Nearly Disgrace Me...! / See What This Lady Is Doing In Public (18+ Pic) / Boyfriend Calls Me Three Times Everyday Just To Check On Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.