Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,723 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:10 AM

EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana (32253 Views)

Release Cameroonian Separatists Now -falana Tells FG / How EFCC Can Win Corruption Cases In Court – Obasanjo / EFCC Should Arrest And Prosecute Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by mcvirgin: 9:17am On Jun 23, 2016
femi the father of falz d bad guy. now show me your son and i will tell you who u are.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 23, 2016
spenca:

Go through the statement again and you would see where he stated the basics and the law justifying why the EFCC can't freeze Fayose's account
We all know the basics of the law. What I'm looking for in his position of this perversion of the law. Quoting the law is not enough. Nobody is contending that. What did he say about this lawlessness?
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by refreshrate: 9:18am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Just a little correction, bro. The EFCC froze the Account of Adamawa State Government and not Nyako's. The two are entirely different. Nyako's account was not touched. It's good we don't misinform people.

You see, in this fight against corruption, if our method fall short of due process it becomes corrupting. The EFCC should have gotten a court order permitting the act. Any contrary act, like we have now, is both corrupt and corrupting.

A governor can be investigated, that's true. Where Falana fails is to tell us if it's right to freeze the account of a sitting governor without recourse of a court of law. We shouldn't corrupt the system in the name of fighting corruption. Let's follow due process.

I honor you for this sir.

Meanwhile
*follows*
I won't talk too much
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by menxer: 9:21am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Just a little correction, bro. The EFCC froze the Account of Adamawa State Government and not Nyako's. The two are entirely different. Nyako's account was not touched. It's good we don't misinform people.

You see, in this fight against corruption, if our method fall short of due process it becomes corrupting. The EFCC should have gotten a court order permitting the act. Any contrary act, like we have now, is both corrupt and corrupting.

A governor can be investigated, that's true. Where Falana fails is to tell us if it's right to freeze the account of a sitting governor without recourse of a court of law. We shouldn't corrupt the system in the name of fighting corruption. Let's follow due process.

So you are saying the state governor is greater than the state by reason of the immunity clause?

If I got Falana's explanation well, a governor can be investigated, and in this case an ex parte order was obtained to freeze the account which contains alleged fraudulent funds.

Immunity is not a cover for impunity.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 23, 2016
bioda:

.......The senior lawyers who have questioned the freezing of Mr. Fayose’s account on the ground that the EFCC did not obtain a court order have not read section 28 of the EFCC Act which provides that “where a person is arrested for an offence under this Act, the Commission shall immediately trace and attach all the assets and properties of the person acquired as a result of such economic or financial crime and shall thereafter cause to be obtained an interim attachment order from the Court”. The law permits the EFCC to freeze an account or attach a property of a criminal suspect and proceed thereafter to obtain an ex parte order from the appropriate court.
That is the position of the law. What does Falana say about this interpretation by the EFCC?
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 23, 2016
menxer:

So you are saying the state governor is greater than the state by reason of the immunity clause?

If I got Falana's explanation well, a governor can be investigated, and in this case an ex parte order was obtained to freeze the account which contains alleged fraudulent funds.

Immunity is not a cover for impunity.
How am I saying the State Governor is greater than the State?

Is it really about who's greater now than what really happened? I think we should face issues squarely.

Of course it is not a cover but in the execution of Justice, Justice should not be literally executed.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by refreshrate: 9:29am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
No, I've not heard. When did they obtain it and from which court?

You and I both know that guy just lied but I love the way you're engaging him.

However, I see you're super intelligent & know your stuff. Pls do not allow these people wear you down with lies & senseless banter this is Nairaland. Members do not undergo IQ or any tests for that matter before joining. Some are capable of wounding someone with their level of stup!d!ty.

Remember my advice always.
God bless
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by spenca: 9:29am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
We all know the basics of the law. What I'm looking for in his position of this perversion of the law. Quoting the law is not enough. Nobody is contending that. What did he say about this lawlessness?

If the actions of the EFCC is in align with the law he quoted what lawlessness are we referring to ? Maybe you need to be more precise to get a definite response
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2016
refreshrate:

You and I both know that guy just lied but I love the way you're engaging him.

However, I see you're super intelligent & know your stuff. Pls do not allow these people wear you down with lies & senseless banter this is Nairaland. Members do not undergo IQ or any tests for that matter before joining. Some are capable of wounding someone with their level of stup!d!ty.

Remember my advice always.
God bless
Lol. Thanks but I think we need give a hand to the drowning men. I'm trying to see them now as the Needy and not the just the Stupid. Thanks.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by chernest2002: 9:34am On Jun 23, 2016
nothingspoil70:
Not at all the government is just begining to work for you and I
maybe the president want to do it well but don't seem to know how to do it. Well let's watch and pray.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 23, 2016
spenca:

If the actions of the EFCC is in align with the law he quoted what lawlessness are we referring to ? Maybe you need to be more precise to get a definite response
That's a Political statement seeking simply Political Correctness. A human rights lawyer, like the man claims, should be precise about his position on every matter. While he quoted the section on investigation and gave verdict, he didn't say anything on Freezing. You don't see it as deliberate?
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by refreshrate: 9:36am On Jun 23, 2016
For Falana to be listed amongst those defending someone that doesn't have waec certificate in court knowing clearly what the requirements are to qualify for post of president...I honestly don't understand why anyone should take any legal opinion of his seriously.

Meanwhile pls ask him to read section 308 of the constitution again except if he believes the efcc is above the constitution.

Thing is if someone in his position goes senile...how do we tell?

Today I seriously mourn the loss of Gani Fawehinmi.

It's truly sad.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 23, 2016
chernest2002:
maybe the president want to do it well but don't seem to know how to do it. Well let's watch and pray.
No country has ever grown by watching and praying. None.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by senatorbayor(m): 9:37am On Jun 23, 2016
Remii:
the koko of investigation is recovery of the loot, if account is not frozen how do you ensure evidence is intact and recover same? The fund can be transferred and evidence disappear, case will become weaken.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by refreshrate: 9:39am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. Thanks but I think we need give a hand to the drowning men. I'm trying to see them now as the Needy and not the just the Stupid. Thanks.

A lifeguard never saves a drowning man whilst he still struggles lest both of them drown. - Not A Mugabe quote grin
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 23, 2016
refreshrate:

A lifeguard never saves a drowning man whilst he still struggles lest both of them drown. - Not A Mugabe quote grin
Yeah. But we can help newborns lacking in this knowledge lest they think the struggling man is the only way.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by spenca: 9:46am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
That's a Political statement seeking simply Political Correctness. A human rights lawyer, like the man claims, should be precise about his position on every matter. While he quoted the section on investigation and gave verdict, he didn't say anything on Freezing. You don't see it as deliberate?

I disagree that he didn't say anything on freezing he clearly said the EFCC can freeze the account of Fayose has he has no immunity to investigation as the matter relates to the of election irregularities and funding................. and don't think there is more to say on the issue than that. To me he was being concise on the issue.

Is there any abuse of right on this ? If I am missing something please let me into your point of view or conspiracy theory .
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 23, 2016
spenca:

I disagree that he didn't say anything on freezing he clearly said the EFCC can freeze the account of Fayose has he has no immunity to investigation as the matter relates to the of election irregularities and funding................. and don't think there is more to say on the issue than that. To me he was being concise on the issue.

Is there any abuse of right on this ? If I am missing something please let me into your point of view or conspiracy theory .
Where exactly did he 'clearly' say it?
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by chernest2002: 9:49am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
No country has ever grown by watching and praying. None.
bro am not among the leaders, am only working and paying my taxes, then what else can I do if not watch and pray.in Nigeria today you are not even allowed to say your view otherwise you will be probed or called a waillers.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 23, 2016
chernest2002:
bro am not among the leaders, am only working and paying my taxes, then what else can I do if not watch and pray.in Nigeria today you are not even allowed to say your view otherwise you will be probed or called a waillers.
You have a point but then I rather engage in saving the mentally incapacitated than praying for Nigeria to be great. It's like Praying that the barber who cut your hair learn a new skill or upgrades himself. It doesn't work. The only option is to learn the new skill willingly. That will and capability is what I try to put in the minds of people around me.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by humbleself242(m): 9:59am On Jun 23, 2016
Fayose I dey pity u because by the time EFCC face u all the money u don stole go come out.immunity or no immunity ur time will soon up.thief ! Thief !! Thief !!!
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Brainy007: 10:05am On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=enigma2007 post=46842092][/quote]

You probably wanted to type $115 pet barrel
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by haconjy(m): 10:06am On Jun 23, 2016
I LOVE THIS TOPIC....BUT WHEN WILL EFCC INVESTIGATE AND PERSECUTE BUHARI?
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by chernest2002: 10:06am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
You have a point but then I rather engage in saving the mentally incapacitated than praying for Nigeria to be great. It's like Praying that the barber who cut your hair learn a new skill or upgrades himself. It doesn't work. The only option is to learn the new skill willingly. That will and capability is what I try to put in the minds of people around me.
but how can they learn when they are watching our hard earned democracy dying, soon freedom of speech will be a thing of past. One of the arm of government is under serious attack, judiciary is becoming something else,long detention without trial.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Skills10: 10:09am On Jun 23, 2016
Falana, Gbo tie(mind your business)

Falana, Gbo tie(mind your business)

Any system (the Judiciary inclusive) can be Manipulated. Because in the end, the human mind is superior.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 23, 2016
chernest2002:
but how can they learn when they are watching our hard earned democracy dying, soon freedom of speech will be a thing of past. One of the arm of government is under serious attack, judiciary is becoming something else,long detention without trial.
Time. We'd learn. Time wounds all heels. We just have to keep preaching the good sermon. There's power in repetition.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by chernest2002: 10:15am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Time. We'd learn. Time wounds all heels. We just have to keep preaching the good sermon. There's power in repetition.
we shall overcome soon, am opportune to new Nigeria.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 23, 2016
chernest2002:
we shall overcome soon, am opportune to new Nigeria.
I hope so.
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by profmallory(m): 10:18am On Jun 23, 2016
Court Order to freeze someone that is being investigated for frauds account?... bros. that cat be possible nah and even you know it, with these endless injunctions how can that sail in Nigeria.

toposi4naija:
Mr Falana...yhu tried....lol I forqot yhu are now an APC member undecided

this is why I keep saying there is nothing like human right activist.... They are only after their pocket

FG can't just freeze Fayose's account.... There should be a court order
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by misterjosh(m): 10:25am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:

the hon SAN addressed that... Go through the write-up again
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by topsam1(m): 10:27am On Jun 23, 2016
Remii:
the koko of investigation is recovery of the loot, if account is not frozen how do you ensure evidence is intact and recover same? The fund can be transferred and evidence disappear, case will become weaken.

Thanks for this bro....so many things are not known to people....immediately fayose got the info that his account was under scrutiny, he quickly went to Zenith Bank Ado ekiti to withdraw his fund but alas, efcc was smarter and had placed restriction on his account hence prompted fayose to cause a scene at the banking hall
Re: EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana by menxer: 10:29am On Jun 23, 2016
Reyginus:
How am I saying the State Governor is greater than the State?

Is it really about who's greater now than what really happened? I think we should face issues squarely.

Of course it is not a cover but in the execution of Justice, Justice should not be literally executed.
grin

If a state government account was frozen what is the noise about a culpable governor's account that is frozen then?

If Justice is not literal then it is injustice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finance Minister Zainab vs Communication Minister Pantami: Battle Line Drawn / Caption This Photo Of Ambode, Obasanjo And Osinbajo / Why People Are Leaving APC – Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.