Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Aisha Buhari That Fayose Was Talking About Wasn't Buhari's Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari That Fayose Was Talking About Wasn't Buhari's Wife (447 Views)

Buhari’s Health; Friday Declared As Public Holiday, It's Like Fayose Was Right / "It Was NOT Buhari That Spoke": FFK, Others React To PMB's Sallah Message / China Scam:five Proofs That Fayose Never Address Anyone Or Sign Anything (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari That Fayose Was Talking About Wasn't Buhari's Wife by CaptaiinG(m): 10:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
Kindly click on the Link below to read the full gist

At Ms. Buhari’s suggestion, Mr. Ondeck said his firm agreed to gather Mr. Creed’s legal records from Nevada. Not long afterward, Mr. Attah confronted Mr. Creed with the information.

Aisha Buhari has claimed that she is the daughter of the former military ruler of Nigeria, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.
MICHAEL TEMCHINE FOR THE NEW YORK TIMES
“He said, ‘I like you but your company is in bankruptcy,’ ” Mr. Creed recalls. “I’m going to run for president and I don’t need a political scandal.”

WITH Mr. Hines and Mr. Creed out, and GlobalOptions in, the golf resort’s debut proceeded smoothly. But for Mr. Attah, the event last month was also bittersweet. Hundreds of guests filled the hotel lobby, drinking, dining and enjoying the entertainment. Ms. Lopez and the other golf pros were there, all looking a little stunned after a 14-hour trip from Florida aboard a chartered jet. Mr. Ondeck was also at the event.

Mr. Attah’s political days were winding down. His party had passed him over as its presidential candidate. He was leaving office soon with many of his building projects unfinished; while the golf course is complete, the hotel, apart from its lobby, resembles a construction zone.

A day after the gala, Mr. Attah, wearing a blue-and-red golf shirt and a straw hat, presided over a publicity event — the Ibom Classic — organized to christen the course. Teeing off in unison with Ms. Lopez and others, he duffed his shot, the ball dribbling a few yards. “Mine went so far you couldn’t even see it,” he said good-naturedly.

Elsewhere, some of the other players involved here were also moving along.

Mr. Creed has moved away from Las Vegas; after initial interviews, he did not return calls. Last fall, Mr. Assiba, the man who said he met Ms. Buhari in the drugstore, sued Mr. Hines in a Virginia state court.

He contended that Mr. Hines had promised to pay him 20 percent of any money he made working for Mr. Attah in exchange for his aid in getting the contract. In court papers, Mr. Hines has rejected Mr. Assiba’s assertion. Both he and his lawyer declined comment on the lawsuit.

As for Ms. Buhari, who is living in Virginia, it’s not clear who she really is. For one, she is under investigation in Nigeria by its Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, said its head, Nuhu Ribadu.

Mr. Ribadu said he is uncertain if her name is Aisha Buhari, but he added that she is not a daughter of General Buhari. The former Nigerian ruler agrees.

“I don’t have any relationship with that Aisha Buhari,” Mr. Buhari said. “I don’t have any daughter called Aisha Buhari living outside this country. She is not my daughter.”

Mr. Ribadu’s agency has asked American authorities to arrest Ms. Buhari. That has not happened, but the Justice Department has an interest in her. Last summer, she testified before a grand jury investigating Mr. Jefferson, the congressman, who is suspected of soliciting bribes from American companies seeking business in Nigeria.

The Nigerian official said that American authorities suspect that Ms. Buhari may have served as a financial conduit for the politician. Mr. Jefferson has not been charged with any crimes and has denied any wrongdoing; his lawyer declined to comment. Mr. Ondeck, whose experience as a lawyer is highlighted on GlobalOptions’ Web site, accompanied Ms. Buhari to the courthouse on the day of her testimony. But he did not go as her lawyer; several years ago, he was disbarred.

Mr. Ondeck, when told that Ms. Buhari was under investigation in Nigeria, said that he had “no information about the matter.” He also declined to say whether GlobalOptions had any paid her any money.

Mr. Hines recently testified in a deposition in Mr. Assiba’s lawsuit that he had learned last year from Nigerian officials that Ms. Buhari was under investigation. Soon after learning that, he said he wrote a letter to American officials in Nigeria that followed the one in September 2005 that asserted he ishad a contract with Ms. Buhari.

Source
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2007/04/29/business/yourmoney/29lobby.html?_r=1&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com

(1) (Reply)

We'll Soon Go After Bank MDs-magu, EFCC Chair / Ethnik: Nigerian Fashion Brand Vying For A $2.5trn Global Market / The Need To Close All Police Check Points To Stop Corruption In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.