Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,786 members, 7,837,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5426187 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chigirl45: 3:15pm On Feb 25, 2016
pweetymii:
so Af decided to show its head early this morning.In the last 3 months,its bin btwn 28/29 days but this one came on the 26th day.(day 26 has always bin my constant until 4 months ago,so,i guess i am back on track).Minwile,last in Dec,i noticed like a drop of brown blood in the night before the flow starts fully,same thing in Jan and now this month,its kind of a new trend.Pls,sabi maamas anyone with this kind of experience assin,should i be worried?
@miraclefromGod thanks for sharing that garlic/ginger thingy for Af cramp...
weda the devil likes it or not,i am closer to announcing my BFP than i think..
#confessionbringsconception#
*strolls out to seep my new found tea*
Honestly,I tried the garlic and ginger remedy for AF pains and it worked,I wish I had discovered it a long time ago.As for the brown blood,I notice it too on the first day of AF,but the doctor said I shouldn't worry my head over it when I thought it could be an infection.still not convinced though,....mamas please share your thought and experiences
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamacajah: 3:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
Thursday - starting from 25th Feb, 2016.

91. Babyfacenum1, 92. Glo27, 93. Contumely, 94. Blessediva, 95. Joyfulmoda, 96. Iretinyeee, 97. Lovina, 98. Rejoice03, 99. Melsmum, 100. Tammy, 101. Mamakendra, 102. IyeEjima, 103. Fertilewomb, 104. Jessicafruity, 105. Mumsoon, 106. Ouwashinadara01, 107. Melsmum, 108. Dazzle86, 109. Exegesis, 110. Mum2bsoon, 111. Triangullar, 112. Mrsedeh, 113. Janedyke6, 114. Finechick12, 115. Royal30, 116. Smithsydny., 117. Maymay1, 118. Rozeeb, 119. Lauracares, 120. Boyeen,

Awesome GOD! Mighty GOD! we give you praise! Awesome GOD! we give you praise, Mighty GOD!
You are highly lifted up, Awesome GOD! You are highly lifted up , Mighty GOD!

Yes Lord, you are the all sufficient GOD. the one who rules over the affairs of men.
Come and rule in the lives of these your children.
Covenant keeping GOD, you have told us in Genesis.. Be fruitful and multiply...
You also told us how we were created complete in our mothers' wombs
How there are none barren on the land.

Pregnancy is natural process and for us your children, it can never be far from us.
We thank you Lord today! because you have honored your word in the lives of these your children.

Open their wombs, fill them with the special blessed children of their hearts desires, give them a supernatural pregnancy and childbirth experience, provide the finances to bring these children up in your way and all the best comfort life has to offer.

We say thank you Baba..uwese Baba.. we glorify your name today. You are worthy of praise. Hallelujah to your holy and matchless name.
Thank you Father for answered prayers. In Jesus name we have prayed, Amen!

8 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 4realwoman: 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2016
Ayaayo:
Hello Mamas, legendsmother of laive this show face u dey do na flashing ooo, and it is not allowed. tongue

a mama asked for a friendly and affordable diet for PCOS, i found this on The Fertile Chick, u can check it out http://thefertilechickonline.com/my-big-nigerian-pcos-friendly-diet-meal-plan/

the key is to cut out carbohydrates include more protein, vegetables and fruits, i like this list cos it suggests alot of meals u can eat and u can switch it around to suit u. I like to cook so i alter some of the recipe not to make it boring and tasking e.g i make sauce with shredded pepper, cabbage, carrot, runner beans, spring onions, green pepper & fish (eja kika)' instead of the cabbage and carrot stir fry and eat with unripe boiled plantain, sweet potatoe or any other thing.

Even though it is a PCOS diet, i like it cos it helps u eat healthy and clean. You can include oatmeal for breakfast with moi-moi, even eat a lot of beans, garden egg sauce. plenty orisirisi sha

Monday
Breakfast: 2 medium sized sweet potatoes + cabbage and carrot stir fry
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad OR Fish/skinless Chicken pepper soup
Snack: A handful of Nuts and/or Raisins
Dinner: Cucumber & Apple Smoothie (sprinkled with cinnamon)

Tuesday
Breakfast: 2 Scrambled Egg Whites + chicken breast in vegetables, fried with 1/2 TBSP of olive oil
Lunch: Plantain or Wheat Flour (no larger than fist sized) + Vegetable or Okra Soup OR 1 piece of Moin-Moin & Grilled Fish
Snack: Fruits of your choice (except Watermelon, as it has a very high GI)
Dinner: Fruit smoothie (sprinkled with cinnamon)

Wednesday

Breakfast: 1 medium sized Boiled Unripe Plantain + Tuna/Sardine Tomato salsa (made with 1 tomato, 1 onion, 1 small pepper, and 1 tsp olive oil)
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad OR Fish/skinless Chicken pepper soup

Thursday
Breakfast: Western Omelet (made from egg/ egg white, 1 small pepper, 1 onion, seasoning, and 1 tsp olive oil), eaten with 3 carrot sticks
Lunch: Mini Shawarma (made from a small slice of whole wheat pita bread, cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, skinless chicken breast strips or 1 hard boiled egg + lettuce + tomato sauce)
Dinner: Fruit smoothie (sprinkled with cinnamon)

Friday
Breakfast: 2 medium sized sweet potatoes + cabbage and carrot stir fry
Lunch: Beans + Grilled Fish OR 1 piece of Moin-Moin & Grilled Fish
Snack: handful of Nuts and/or Raisins

Saturday
Breakfast: Green smoothie (made from celery +1 medium cucumber + a handful of spinach + 1 apple or a little 1 slice of pineapple to taste)
Lunch: 3 medium sized Grilled Sweet potatoes + Vegetable and Chicken Stir Fry
Dinner: Fruit Smoothie (sprinkled with cinnamon)

Sunday
Breakfast: Fruit Platter
Lunch: Treat yourself (in moderation cheesy )
Dinner: None tongue
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fumbaby: 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
[quote author=chigirl45 post=43242381] Honestly,I tried the garlic and ginger remedy

Oya share the ginger and garlic recipe
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by poppop: 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
Good day sabi sabi mothers, please I am looking for somewhere around Lekki/Ajah axis where a man can run SFA test. If I know the price too, twill be great. Thanks in advance. Baby dust to all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by foe123(f): 4:09pm On Feb 25, 2016
Janedyke6:
Hello Fruitful Mamas. Pls come to my aid ooo

1.please where can i go for HSG in Benin-city and environ, possibly recommend a place that one can have PAINLESS HSG.

2. What is the cost for Hsg, hormonal profile and Sfa in Benin-city.

PLS HELP ME , ITS VERY URGENT.
Thanks

Hsg is the worst pain I have ever felt in my life! I couldn't go through with mine, I dint even rech the point of putting the dye. Putting that thing that looks like a tinny pipe only that one self I could not stand. Plz if yours is painless I don't mind coming to Benin let me know when u r done. Thankz
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclefromGod: 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
[quote author=Fvine * lol! Me too like. Money o no be only igbo jooor! As per d bmi seems am not getting something right cuz it I tell d result u go fear o na 145 d thing gimme but sincerely I no know my height I guess it either 5.5 or 5.6 not sure
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sarahjoe1000(f): 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
Good evening ATC mamas.. I won't mind getting the recipe for the ginger garlic tea/drink.. Ma PMS episode no be here o cry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wholesomegrace: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
foe123:

Hsg is the worst pain I have ever felt in my life! I couldn't go through with mine, I dint even rech the point of putting the dye. Putting that thing that looks like a tinny pipe only that one self I could not stand. Plz if yours is painless I don't mind coming to Benin let me know when u r done. Thankz

Hehehe.. the pain no get part 2.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dazzle86(f): 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2016
chigirl45:

Honestly,I tried the garlic and ginger remedy for AF pains and it worked,I wish I had discovered it a long time ago.As for the brown blood,I notice it too on the first day of AF,but the doctor said I shouldn't worry my head over it when I thought it could be an infection.still not convinced though,....mamas please share your thought and experiences

I have had light spotting twice two days before AF,the first time I was happy since I have never experienced it before, thought it was implantation bleeding, only for AF to show face. it's funny how the body plays tricks.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by poppop: 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
q
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by peterian: 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
[quote[size=8pt][/size] author=missade post=43239867]
91. Babyfacenum1, 92. Glo27, 93. Contumely, 94. Blessediva, 95. Joyfulmoda, 96. Iretinyeee, 97. Lovina, 98. Rejoice03, 99. Melsmum, 100. Tammy, 101. Mamakendra, 102. IyeEjima, 103. Fertilewomb, 104. Jessicafruity, 105. Mumsoon, 106. Ouwashinadara01, 107. Melsmum, 108. Dazzle86, 109. Exegesis, 110. Mum2bsoon, 111. Triangullar, 112. Mrsedeh, 113. Janedyke6, 114. Finechick12, 115. Royal30, 116. Smithsydny., 117. Maymay1, 118. Rozeeb, 119. Lauracares, 120. Boyeen, 

Our Father and Our God! You are the Almighty God, the hover of life! The one who causes the seed planted to germinate. Lord we give you all the praise, please accept our thanksgiving in Jesus name.

Our constant help in difficult times, we run to your tower and seek your grace and mercy. In your mercy Lord, please have mercy on your children above. For every single voice that has risen against them, silence them with our victories!
In any way we have sinned against you Father, pleas have mercy and grant us forgiveness. Your word asked us to confess our sins and we pray oh Lord for everyone here that have confessed that in Your infinite mercy will forgive us in Jesus name, Amen.
Grant us joy that surpasses understanding and bless them with the fruits of the womb. Bless every effort they are making. You are the God that defies science everyone and for their sake defy science again and again! Thank you Father![/quote]Amen!

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclefromGod: 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
@ all asking for ginger garlic recipe its nothing special o u just blend the two 2geda, add warm water and drink as many times as possible.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by peterian: 7:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
Amen!
mamacajah:
Thursday - starting from 25th Feb, 2016.

Awesome GOD! Mighty GOD! we give you praise! Awesome GOD! we give you praise, Mighty GOD!
You are highly lifted up, Awesome GOD! You are highly lifted up , Mighty GOD!

Yes Lord, you are the all sufficient GOD. the one who rules over the affairs of men.
Come and rule in the lives of these your children.
Covenant keeping GOD, you have told us in Genesis.. Be fruitful and multiply...
You also told us how we were created complete in our mothers' wombs
How there are none barren on the land.

Pregnancy is natural process and for us your children, it can never be far from us.
We thank you Lord today! because you have honored your word in the lives of these your children.

Open their wombs, fill them with the special blessed children of their hearts desires, give them a supernatural pregnancy and childbirth experience, provide the finances to bring these children up in your way and all the best comfort life has to offer.

We say thank you Baba..uwese Baba.. we glorify your name today. You are worthy of praise. Hallelujah to your holy and matchless name.
Thank you Father for answered prayers. In Jesus name we have prayed, Amen!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favouredestiny: 7:09pm On Feb 25, 2016
Good evening mummies, please who has used kedi products? Are they effective and can one take them along with pregnacare/ bromergon?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tammyloreoluwa(f): 7:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
favouredestiny:
Good evening mummies, please who has used kedi products? Are they effective and can one take them along with pregnacare/ bromergon?

yes they are but not advisable to take Chinese herbs and other drugs same time...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by missade(f): 7:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul,
Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. 
Chorus:Oh my God, I trust in Thee,
Let me not be ashamed,
Let not mine enemies triumph over me

Yea, let none that wait on Thee be ashamed,
Yea, let none that wait on Thee be ashamed
Chorus

Show me Thy ways, teach me Thy paths,
Show me Thy ways, teach me Thy paths
Chorus

Remember not the sins of my youth,
Remember not the sins of my youth
Chorus

The secret of the Lord is with them that fear Him,
The secret of the Lord is with them that fear Him
Chorus

Turn Thee unto me and have mercy upon me,
Turn Thee unto me and have mercy upon me
Chorus.

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iomoge2(f): 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
poppop:
Good day sabi sabi mothers, please I am looking for somewhere around Lekki/Ajah axis where a man can run SFA test. If I know the price too, twill be great. Thanks in advance. Baby dust to all
Lekki- go to Mecure
3k or so
Inside Lekki phase one
When you enter Lekki gate, first turn to your right then first turn to your left
Second building by your left.
No 2 or 4 Niyi Okunbi street, off Dorothy Etti road.
Abstain for 4 days before the SFA
Then go with blue firm to help u help yaself
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by shanicemel(f): 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
Hmm thus a nice thread well waiting to have a baby can really be terrible esp when u know u r medically ok. Peeps l need to know a good gyn that l can visit as l ve been married for 4years and still beleiving God for a testimony. Finally my hubby and l carried out a test and his result says his sperm is weak pls who can explain this result. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dazzle86(f): 7:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
poppop:

I can't say you will have a painless HSG but I did mine at St Bridget Xray Center, 4 ,Iyobosa Street, Benin, Edo, Nigeria. When you get to New Benin Market, just ask for directions. I did mine early last year for either 15,000 or 20,000. They wasted our time but they were quite professional (when the process began) and organised. The result was collected the following day. Go early in the morning.

Hubby did SFA at Union Diagnostic @ Sapele Rd. Quite efficient and price decent. I don't recall him paying more than 2500 but please call to confirm their latest price. Result out in a day or so. Address at :
75, Sapele Road,
Opp. Nigeria Police Force,
Benin City, Edo State.
Tel: 08074517021.

I beg who fit help me with info? Where can I do SFA at lekki/ajah axis n cost. Tnx

my experience with saint Bridget was not too good. they waisted so much time,and it was really painful. I was not given pain reliever before the procedure ,they only prescribed one after. I was spotting for two weeks till I got my period. my gynea said they must have injured me. I payed 20k for it that was last year April
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dazzle86(f): 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
iomoge2:

Lekki- go to Mecure
3k or so
Inside Lekki phase one
When you enter Lekki gate, first turn to your right then first turn to your left

lol @ bluefilm.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
miraclefromGod:
[quote author=Fvine * lol! Me too like. Money o no be only igbo jooor! As per d bmi seems am not getting something right cuz it I tell d result u go fear o na 145 d thing gimme but sincerely I no know my height I guess it either 5.5 or 5.6 not sure

Lol. it's definitely wrong. Just give me your weight. I'll help you calculate with 5ft 6inches and 5ft 5inches. Am 5ft 7inches weighing 77.6kg and that's a bmi of 26.8
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2016
shanicemel:
Hmm thus a nice thread well waiting to have a baby can really be terrible esp when u know u r medically ok. Peeps l need to know a good gyn that l can visit as l ve been married for 4years and still beleiving God for a testimony. Finally my hubby and l carried out a test and his result says his sperm is weak pls who can explain this result. Thanks

What do you mean by weak? saying weak doesn't say exactly what's wrong with the s.perm. It needs to clearly state the criteria like Motility (Active Forward Movement), Morphology (Well formed and shaped, dead cells etc), Count ( Qty per ml), if there's an infection, colour of sperm, Liquefaction (time before the s.perm goes liquid) etc. Also d
conclusions like Oligospermia, Azoospermia etc. That is what is needed to know exactly what to do as per treatment so if you don't mind, share with us fully so that sabi Mamas on what the issue is can advice accordingly. Don't worry God will bless us all, Amen. None shall be barren is his promise, delay is not denial.

It's good that you also get all tests done on yourself so you're sure it's only male infertility you're tackling and if there's any issue on your side all will be treated together immediately. Well the Gynae when you visit one will ensure he checks both of you not just one person, that's the way it goes.

Also state your state or preferred location axis so that Mamas can also recommend Drs/hospitals.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favouredestiny: 8:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
tammyloreoluwa:

yes they are but not advisable to take Chinese herbs and other drugs same time...

Thank u very much.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by poppop: 8:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
iomoge2:

Lekki- go to Mecure
3k or so
Inside Lekki phase one

I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by delor: 8:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
Abeg make una answer me na. Should I continue with the guifei bao or stop it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chigirl45: 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
[quote author=Fumbaby post=43243137][/quote]
Just a simple drink with just two recipe....garlic and ginger
This was how I did mine:
Peel about 2 inches of ginger,and about 4clubs of garlic
Blend or grind together with a cup of water,put mixture in a pot and bring to boil,sieve and your tea is ready.
No more felvin for me grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
Dazzle86:

my experience with saint Bridget was not too good. they waisted so much time,and it was really painful. I was not given pain reliever before the procedure ,they only prescribed one after. I was spotting for two weeks till I got my period. my gynea said they must have injured me. I payed 20k for it that was last year April

Sorry you had a bad experience. I did my HSG in a lab in Lagos and I didn't feel pain just discomforting cramps. But Mamas the oldies years back advised me to take pain reliever Ibuprofen at least 30mins before the procedure and that's what I did. I also didn't bleed or spot, I also took pain reliever and I think they also gave me antibiotics for 2-3days and I was fine. I only felt slight pain the next day which Paracetamol took care of. I didn't want to take Ibuprofen again.

Mamas going for hsg can ask their Drs and/or the operators about taking pain relievers like Ibuprofen ahead of time even if it's means buying it yourself. I bought mine myself, even the antibiotics too. I was just given a prescription to take to a pharmacy.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
foe123:

Ask your Dr or Operator about taking pain relief before. Mamas here years back advised me to take Ibuprofen at least 30mins before the hsg. I did and was fine. Felt mostly discomfort and not pain. Tiny Cramps when the dye passed through both tubes.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 4realwoman: 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2016
Mama's make we go pregnancy thread go see fine, fine babies o cos today na threadcuties

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ugommazan(f): 9:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
Fvine:

It's good that you and your DH are making healthy choices. Am also in the same boat as you, a slightl overweight bmi while I don't even look it. My current bmi is 26.8, Dress size is 10 up and 12 down, am more like a Size 11. Don't sweat it much there are other things that add more to our weights like muscle, bone and water which is good, the bad part is if you have a high body fat percentage. Right now I prefer to go with measurements and my dress size. I think Size 10-12 is the average healthy best for women. Am aiming for a comfortable Size 10.

Go light on the exercise please, heavy exercise will increase stress and the release of cortisol in high levels which is bad for the health and ttc. You might not need to necessarily hit the gym. You can take walks, run/walk intermix, at home aerobic exercises too. When I used to be heavy on exercise, I was more comfortable exercising at home than using the gym. So I bought Leslie Sansones Walk at home DVD and also used her several Walk/Aerobic based exercises on You tube. I believe walk and aerobic based exercises are safer for ttc and pregnancy in my opinion. Light weights are also good but has to be light weights like say 2kg on each arm.

For your AF, please try the Ginger/Garlic juice, Garlic thins the blood and increases blood flow, increases blood circulation and also reduces Cholesterol and the bad fats in the body. So it could be beneficial for you. @ Pweetymii and @ miraclefromGod can provide you with the recipe. Take care.

Avoid Stress including Physical and Psychological stress, stress helps nothing, makes thing bad.

thank you so much dear sis...will give ginger and garlic tea a try...how often should I take it?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 25, 2016
Pls mamas in the house,what does BD*5/7 mean on a prescription and also 3/7.pls it's urgent.
Thanks in advance

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.