Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5416430 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by anikeayun(f): 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
Evening ouse nd happy wknd in advance
A big amen to all d monikers bin prayed for today.
Our joys is surely here.
#confessionbringconception# kiss

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by foe123(f): 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
chigirl45:

Hahahahaha.....was the pain that much?probably the sonographer had little or no expertise in handling HSG.The first one I did was very discomforting,and painful but not excruciating,took painkiller and antibiotics after the procedure and that was it.The 2nd one...no pains,even walked home afterwards,unlike the first that dh had to come and pick me home.I think you should check a better laboratory, cos you need to rule out blocked tubes,to know exactly what issues to tackle in ttc

Yep and I found out that primism at surular give somthing that will not allow me feel the pain at all am sooo happy
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by blessingmama: 6:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
@Dadsonval , pls do the blood pt asap or you can do tvs to be on a safe side. Exactly how my happend and the dr almost gave me med to induce since the urine and blood shows negative bt within me i knew sometin is wrong. we suggestd for vaginal scan bt still nothing show nt knowing i was having ectopic baby cry DH and i did like 3 blood pt to confirm bt was late then. We lost our right tube. It willnt be for u bt check everything before inducing
Baby blessing to u
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 6:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
chom4shizzle:
Thank u @Mumihaja

Pls wat kind of test do I need 2 do 2 know weda I hv PCOS? Av been suspecting ds 4 a long time because am hairy n hv neva noticed ov (EWCM) so don't know if my follicle evn ruptures at all, my af is consistent only its slightly irregular. My doc ignored my suspicions, says its natural bt I am going behind him ds time.

D last tym I did a scan dia were dominant follicles of 23mm n 19mm left n right, my uterus n ovaries were normal, POD intact, no adhesions so all was ok bt still nothing happened, what bothers me was dt I took clomid dt month. Dunno if d clomid coverd up PCOs or any abnormality. Did it?

Pls mamas wt PCOS experience help my confusion. Thnks. Sorry 4 d long writeup.

Do you have hairs on your chin? It's one of the signs of pcos. I ask because you said you're hairy. Am still learning about PCOS, even though I got the diagnosis years ago, my previous Drs have always told me that it's nothing to worry about and I was Mumu enough to believe and not research on the to even manage the pcos or improve it. Well fast forward to the new Dr am seeing who told me it's easily managed with Ovulation induction drugs to achieve conception but that he's encouraging to make lifestyle changes that will also help me on all the other symptoms of pcos apart from conception.

With that being said, am sure your dominant follicle could have been affected by the clomid. You need to do a scan on a cycle you're not on clomid. infact 3 cycles after comid if you haven't conceived. The reason being that the clomid can still affect your cycle a month to 2months after taking it. It's better you do the scan very close to your Ovulation day.

I too have regular cycles but my Dr says that most could be poor Ovulation with eggs not good enough for a sperm to fertilize. He also said if a sperm manages to fertilize such an egg, that there could be an early miscarriage if no post ovulatory support like progesterone is given. I did a long post recently on PCOS. I'll just quote and mention you so that you can read it. Note that some Cysters (PCOS ladies) do get pregnant even without Ovulation drugs.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclefromGod: 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
[quote author=Fvine post=43273024][/quote]

@ fvine you don become my doctor o, my God will bless you for me. I will tell do to start exercising na by force I go put. Big hugs for you
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Icesnow(f): 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
miraclefromGod:

@ fvine you don become my doctor o, my God will bless you for me. I will tell do to start exercising na by force I go put. Big hugs for you

lol, it's no big deal. abeg no put na by force oh. Although I know say na joke. Well even BD is also a good exercise *winks* grin But honestly even making healthy choices can make a huge difference for him remember that men's metabolism is faster. Just help him make healthier choices and stop eating late and high Carbohydrates foods like Swallow at night. Things like that sha. Everything in moderation. Too much exercise is also bad. Am even glad he's the overweight one and not you. Not that am glad he's overweight oh, no misunderstand me. Just saying cos overweight is believed to play a role in female fertility and ttc.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Emerald65(f): 7:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hi all, its so touching seeing d pains we al pass tru trying to conceive, may God put a new song in our mouths dis year, Amen.
Pls am having irregular flow every month, eg 33,36,32 days, my doc doubts if i ovulate n but i do c d cervical mucus. He intends putting me on clomid, wil it help regulate my period n also ovulate?
Secondly, how can no sperm cell in semen analysis result be treated?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
@Fvine thanks sis u are a blessing 2 ds forum. Yes I hv facial hair (neck n chin), I shave every 2wks. I hv started some lifestyl changes n hv lost some visible weight (formely 99kg). What test do I need 2 do 2 confirm this n what drug prescription is most effective 4 PCOS dt is nt synthetic bt herbal or supplement because DH is on d doc's side n doesn't see anything wrong wt it so he doesn't want me self medicating wt synthetic drugs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 7:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
chom4shizzle:
@Fvine thanks sis u are a blessing 2 ds forum. Yes I hv facial hair (neck n chin), I shave every 2wks. I hv started some lifestyl changes n hv lost some visible weight (formely 99kg). What test do I need 2 do 2 confirm this n what drug prescription is most effective 4 PCOS dt is nt synthetic bt herbal or supplement because DH is on d doc's side n doesn't see anything wrong wt it so he doesn't want me self medicating wt synthetic drugs.

The facial hair (hirsutism) is one of the big signs of unbalanced hormones and pcos, please do your research. Omega 3, 6 & 9 supplement combo is good for regulating hormones. My Dr asked me to take Omega 3&6 but all the combos I've been seeing contains 9, so I went with that.

The Omega's are gotten from deep sea fish, flaxseed etc and is safe all through a woman's cycle. Continue with your weight loss, it helps a great deal. Am sure your Dr is not worried and doesn't want you to be because he knows he can bypass it by inducing Ovulation. My Dr is also not worried but advised me to make efforts in its mgt for my general wellbeing. PCOS even causes fatigue and bloating in some women amongst other bad symptoms, so if nothing is being done as per ttc levels at least you consider the other benefits controlling it.

You should do a scan close to Ovulation to see what your ovaries and follicles are like.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by praisefulmum: 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
@ Rejoice03:- Congrats on your bfp. Please Ask your doctor to do a cervical cerclage at 14wks because of your history of repeated miscarriages. Most importantly put away fear from your mind. Also ask your doctor about cyclogest pessaries, they are a form of progesterone that can be inserted in your vagina or into the rectum through the anus that helps with progesterone support in pregnancy till the baby's or babies' placenta takes over.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by praisefulmum: 8:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
@ Icesnow:- Nothing to worry about concerning the 2mm fibroids. They cannot stop you from conceiving. For now avoid folic acid because it helps tumours grow and uterine fibroids are tumours. Meanwhile has your hubby done his SFA?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by praisefulmum: 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
@ Rgee:- Do your hormone profile.
Day 2 or 3 of your menstrual cycle :- Do FSH, LH, OESTROGEN, PROLACTIN, TSH, AMH
DAY 21:- Do Progesterone

Don't worry your mind, your stay on this thread will be very short. Cheers
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by praisefulmum: 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
@ miraclefromGod:- BMI is calculated as weight divided by height in metres square for example someone who weighs 72kg and is 1.61 m or 161cm in height, you will calculate it this way 72/1.61 x 1.61, that is 72/2.5921= 27.77 approximately 28 which is overweight
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by rejoice03: 8:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
Gudevening mamas!@mama talking about 2mm fibroid. My enemy has 2 different fibroid d biggest being 4cm and its subserousal fibroid but my Doc said it won't affect conception. Am presently pregnant wit it and I pray I will carry to full term IJN. So mama pls relax u wil conceive sooner dan u expect IJN. I guess d dye test done during laparoscopy also helped me. Doc also placed me on ciprofloxaxin for 7days after surgery@praisefulmum thks for ur input. Am already on oral progesterone and d miscarriages I had didn't get past 6wks. The highest was 5wks plus. Spraying baby dust on everyone in d house.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclefromGod: 9:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
.[quote author=Fvine post=43280059]
lol, it's no big deal. abeg no put na by force oh. Although I know say na joke. Well even BD is also a good exercise *winks* grin But honestly even making healthy choices can make a huge difference for him remember that men's metabolism is faster. Just help him make healthier choices and stop eating late and high Carbohydrates foods like Swallow at night. Things like that sha. Everything in moderation. Too much exercise is also bad. Am even glad he's the overweight one and not you. Not that am glad he's overweight oh, no misunderstand me. Just saying cos overweight is believed to play a role in female fertility and ttc.[/quote

lol; you don make me laff tire, yes o BD na exerise and we go exercise wella no wahala for that, for him loosing 10pouds na big issue cuz if not for me sef maybe na 200 he go weigh but thank God that he's using me for him na me no go stop o, still gat lots of stuffs to do. thnks for the advise will take to it. 1 love sis

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclefromGod: 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
praisefulmum:
@ miraclefromGod:- BMI is calculated as weight divided by height in metres square for example someone who weighs 72kg and is 1.61 m or 161cm in height, you will calculate it this way 72/1.61 x 1.61, that is 72/2.5921= 27.77 approximately 28 which is overweight

thanks so much ma'am. appreciate much
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
good evening mummies and daddies. plz who knows about Varicocele? Plz I need a link of varicocele success stories. is there anyway hubby can get me pregnant or improve on his speem with the varicocele? Plz help a desirous mama. hubby does not want to opt for surgery. and we are not sure of any other guaranteed treatment. the fertility clinic we visited, 10k just for consultation. at the end, they said they don't run treatment just straight to IVF.

plz help me ooooooooooo. so depressed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclefromGod: 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
Thursday - 91. Babyfacenum1, 92. Glo27, 93. Contumely, 94. Blessediva, 95. Joyfulmoda, 96. Iretinyeee, 97. Lovina, 98. Rejoice03, 99. Melsmum, 100. Tammy, 101. Mamakendra, 102. IyeEjima, 103. Fertilewomb, 104. Jessicafruity, 105. Mumsoon, 106. Ouwashinadara01, 107. Melsmum, 108. Dazzle86, 109. Exegesis, 110. Mum2bsoon, 111. Triangullar, 112. Mrsedeh, 113. Janedyke6, 114. Finechick12, 115. Royal30, 116. Smithsydny., 117. Maymay1, 118. Rozeeb, 119. Lauracares, 120. Boyeen

father we are here again praying for the fruit of the womb, bless our womb cuz ur words says ' children are a gift of the lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward'. Father reward us with fruit of the womb abundantly, let us be the mother of nations. thank you wonderful father for you have answered our prayer. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclefromGod: 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
liliamaka2003:
good evening mummies and daddies. plz who knows about Varicocele? Plz I need a link of varicocele success stories. is there anyway hubby can get me pregnant or improve on his speem with the varicocele? Plz help a desirous mama. hubby does not want to opt for surgery. and we are not sure of any other guaranteed treatment. the fertility clinic we visited, 10k just for consultation. at the end, they said they don't run treatment just straight to IVF.

plz help me ooooooooooo. so depressed

take it easy ma'am i read there is a mama here that got pregnant with her husband having varicocele cant remember the name of the mama. let sabi mamas come explain better. BFP for us all soon in jesus name
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclefromGod: 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
rejoice03:
Gudevening mamas!@mama talking about 2mm fibroid. My enemy has 2 different fibroid d biggest being 4cm and its subserousal fibroid but my Doc said it won't affect conception. Am presently pregnant wit it and I pray I will carry to full term IJN. So mama pls relax u wil conceive sooner dan u expect IJN. I guess d dye test done during laparoscopy also helped me. Doc also placed me on ciprofloxaxin for 7days after surgery@praisefulmum thks for ur input. Am already on oral progesterone and d miscarriages I had didn't get past 6wks. The highest was 5wks plus. Spraying baby dust on everyone in d house.

congrats @ rejoice03 may you carry to full term and deliver like the hebrew woman in jesus name. i tap in your blessing
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kweenkong(f): 11:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
Good evening sabi mamas, God bless us all with bfp very soon. The support and overwhelming love is amazing. Both hubby and I are overweight and I know it's affecting our fertlity. We haven't been able to sustain a diet although we tried several times.
Come what may I must get my bfp before year end.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
Thursday - 91. Babyfacenum1, 92. Glo27, 93. Contumely, 94.
Blessediva, 95. Joyfulmoda, 96. Iretinyeee, 97. Lovina, 98. Rejoice03,
99. Melsmum, 100. Tammy, 101. Mamakendra, 102. IyeEjima, 103.
Fertilewomb, 104. Jessicafruity, 105. Mumsoon, 106.
Ouwashinadara01, 107. Melsmum, 108. Dazzle86, 109. Exegesis, 110.
Mum2bsoon, 111. Triangullar, 112. Mrsedeh, 113. Janedyke6, 114.
Finechick12, 115. Royal30, 116. Smithsydny., 117. Maymay1, 118.
Rozeeb, 119. Lauracares, 120. Boyeen

Father, on behalf of these ones, we have come to say thank you. May their expectation not be cut short ijn. Receive ur bfp.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lollyrekiat(f): 11:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
chom4shizzle:
Pls mamas where can I get Clean Point tampons in Enugu? its urgent

@Mumihaja, hw go dey go? Pls do u deliver clean point 2 other states?
Pls I need clean point tampons or gufein bao, where can I get it?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 27, 2016
Thnk u so much @Fvine. Still waiting 4 ur pcos article sha.

@Kweenkong, mama Fvine shared a feasible diet plan called egg smtin.. I don 4get bt she can help.
U n DH shud take weight loss easy n be patient. Me now am taking it slow n steady n its evn faster nw dt I dnt stress over it. Things I do: I use simple household fixtures 2 workout, as soon as I wakeup, I eat a piece of meat or any protein within 1 hour, I start wit 10 pressups, punch at my pillow well fixed in d window(boxing styl), go up n down d staircase 30 times, come in n dance 2 some music n I hv my personal tiny plate which I eat from n am satisfied, js by telling myslf dt. N I hv stopped eating heavy food at nite not later dn 6pm. I eat only mornings n evenings, I hv stopped eating wt DH sef because it doesn't allow me calculate my food intake. Try dese simple homemade steps at weightloss, its fun.

@lollyrekiat, Mumihaja has. Send her an email at mumihaja@gmail.com. Bfp 2 we all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by divinemandate: 5:23am On Feb 27, 2016
rejoice03:
congrats rejoice03. u will carry to full term nd deliver with ease.
pls how much is omega 3 6 9,
cc- fvine, mumihaja
gd am @ all, wishing us fruitful weekend.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by happymummy(f): 5:39am On Feb 27, 2016
praisefulmum:
@ Icesnow:- Nothing to worry about concerning the 2mm fibroids. They cannot stop you from conceiving. For now avoid folic acid because it helps tumours grow and uterine fibroids are tumours. Meanwhile has your hubby done his SFA?

are you for real?
sabi mama is it true?
I thought folic acid is good for al irrespective of fibroid or.not

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by happymummy(f): 5:49am On Feb 27, 2016
divinemandate:
congrats rejoice03. u will carry to full term nd deliver with ease. pls how much is omega 3 6 9, cc- fvine, mumihaja gd am @ all, wishing us fruitful weekend.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:26am On Feb 27, 2016
praisefulmum:
I doubt if foic Acid affects Fibroids. Fibroids feeds on estrogen to grow. Folic acid plays a great role Foic Acid is one Vit that a ttc or pregnant woman must take. In fact women are advised
happymummy:

are you for real?
sabi mama is it true?
I thought folic acid is good for al irrespective of fibroid or.not
praisefulmum:

Please don't avoid folic acid, spina bifida affecting babies spine is terrible & very real. Folic acid is very important in female and male Fertility. Fibroids feeds on estrogen to grow. Folic Acid is one Vit that a ttc or pregnant woman must take. In fact women are advised to start taking Prenatal or at least Folic Acid 3months prior to TTC. In fact my Dr doesn't want me on Prenatal because he says it could affect my appetite & make me overeat & gain weight due to the actions of the Multivitamins. But he insisted on Folic Acid & Omega 3&6. I have pcos, am working on my weight, so weight gain is not an option. I've managed to move from 94kg to 77.6kg and yet to get into the healthy weight BMI sef.

Her Dr said not to worry and I believe him, what I know mostly happens with pregnant women who have Fibroids is experiencing pains, cramps and/or light spotting if at all. Most end up carrying full term and giving birth to healthy babies. My sis who has this only experiences bad symptoms during her pregnancies when she eats stuff high in sugar. So she stays away from refined sugar & eating sugar cane esp in high quantities in all of her pregnancies and she always carried full term, her babies turned out fine.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by happymummy(f): 8:37am On Feb 27, 2016
@ Fine good.morning I must commend u as a darling God bless u Amen
I want to ask is it everyone that has hair growing on their neck that has pcos ?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:39am On Feb 27, 2016
Fvine:

Please go for another scan in a new cycle to confirm, don't just rely on this one alone. You might be ovulating just that it might be a poor Ovulation and the Egg is not usually God enough. With that said,

My Dear Sis, you're not alone. That's also the Drs report for me : PCOS, Hormonal Imbalance and High Prolactin (Lacting Boobs / Galactorrhea). My Dr told me that cysts are caused by hormonal imbalance and that once the hormones are balanced, the cysts get resolved. For PCOS it can be managed through balancing the hormones and using Ovulation induction drugs. There are several drugs and supplements for this. Different Drs use different protocols. Some combine drugs with supplements like inositol, Omega 3,6 & 9.

One of the ways of managing PCOS is by changing your diet to a low Carbohydrates diet, loosing weight if you're a fat/overweight cyster. My pcos and hormonal imbalance has gotten better since I lost weight. There are some women who are slim (thin cysters) but still have PCOS, it's still beneficial that they go on a low carb diet and eat healthy, in their case weight loss is not needed.

High Prolactin and leaking Boobs have been discussed recently with lots of home remedies and Orthodox remedies. You can go with any of it. My Dr prescribed Dostinex 1 tablet same day each week for the leaky Boobs. Then Omega 3 & 6 which can be safely taken throughout the cycle for hormonal imbalance. He said he might have to give me Ovulation drugs when we get back to ttc again (still on Myomectomy recovery). He said it depends on the status of my labs. He might also do Ovulation drugs for me because I told him I want to ttc twins but all will be dependent on my lab status then. He said pcos women have the tendency of releasing multiple eggs especially when given a little help so care needs to be taken in given the help to avoid 4,5,6 ... babies in one pregnancy. Am praying for twins but won't even mind Triplets sef.

All you've stated is no big deal according to my Dr, they're easily treated and managed for a woman to conceive and have children. Your Dr just needs to work with you and with God everything will work out fine so don't be bothered so much, just be bothered enough to take the right action, hope you get my drift.

Also note that some PCOS women get pregnant without the Drs help just by making lifestyle changes to their diets, drinking lots of water throughout the day, exercising and all which helps balance the hormones and takes care of the PCOS. Besides God works directly too just as he also works through Drs.

I'll suggest you visit this site for women with PCOS, I've found information there and women's experiences there very useful. I always discuss what I learn there with my Dr and he seems to agree with most. The website is www.soulcysters.net
It is well, we shall get our bfps this year, Amen. Take care and God bless.

@ chom4shizzle for PCOS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.