Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,235 members, 7,846,103 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5432436 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 9:03am On Feb 27, 2016
lollyrekiat:

Pls I need clean point tampons or gufein bao, where can I get it?

@lollyrekiat, Clean Point is available and can be delivered to all States, call of whatsapp 08094434639

@divinemandate, fvine can answer you but if you can't find it around just let me know and I will order from abroad but I need to order up to 10 bottles before they can deliver it here

http://www.amazon.ca/Holista-Omega-Flaxseed-Borage-100-Count/dp/B00L3WT6VS/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1456560655&sr=8-5&keywords=omega+3+6+9

@chom4shizzle, do a TVS on CD 13 to see how well your follicles develop but from your previous scan I don't thi k you have pcos and I pray you don't

A lady in My church testified last Sunday of being healed from pcos, it's not something we should embrace but something we should believe God to heal from us....like I said before I suspec Clomid triggers it and that could be the reason for the rise of pcos among ttc women. May God give us understanding
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 9:06am On Feb 27, 2016
Fvine:

I doubt if foic Acid affects Fibroids. Fibroids feeds on estrogen to grow. Folic acid plays a great role Foic Acid is one Vit that a ttc or pregnant woman must take. In fact women are advised

Please don't avoid folic acid, spina bifida affecting babies spine is terrible & very real. Folic acid is very important in female and male Fertility. Fibroids feeds on estrogen to grow. Folic Acid is one Vit that a ttc or pregnant woman must take. In fact women are advised to start taking Prenatal or at least Folic Acid 3months prior to TTC. In fact my Dr doesn't want me on Prenatal because he says it could affect my appetite & make me overeat & gain weight due to the actions of the Multivitamins. But he insisted on Folic Acid & Omega 3&6. I have pcos, am working on my weight, so weight gain is not an option. I've managed to move from 94kg to 77.6kg and yet to get into the healthy weight BMI sef.

Her Dr said not to worry and I believe him, what I know mostly happens with pregnant women who have Fibroids is experiencing pains, cramps and/or light spotting if at all. Most end up carrying full term and giving birth to healthy babies. My sis who has this only experiences bad symptoms during her pregnancies when she eats stuff high in sugar. So she stays away from refined sugar & eating sugar cane esp in high quantities in all of her pregnancies and she always carried full term, her babies turned out fine.

My doctor actually told me to avoid folic acid when I had fibroids cos it would make the fibroids grow. I was only on iron tablets for blood loss.

But a 2mm (0.2cm) is quite small.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 9:09am On Feb 27, 2016
happymummy:
@ Fine good.morning
I must commend u as a darling
God bless u Amen

I want to ask is it everyone that has hair growing on their neck that has pcos
?
I don't think so. Not necessarily but I do know that facial hair is associated with hormonal imbalance and then pcos. It is the male androgen hormones that causes the hair to grow and when it's in excess in women, there's an imbalance, it causes abnormal hair growth noted mostly on women's chin. When my scan showed PCOS, my Dr asked me if I had hair growth on my chin which I've never had, he asked about my weight history which has always been mostly overweight and then my CM trends which has almost always been non existent especially Fertile CM except when am doing something to help with CM. We discovered that I have Hormonal Imbalance and PCOS.

So for me a woman with facial hair esp if its little maybe just a few strands should 1st think of hormonal imbalance before PCOS. The woman could just have an imbalanced hormones without PCOS or maybe both. Why not do at least a scan close to Ovulation and get your ovaries and follicles checked out. There are even women who are thin and still have PCOS (Thin Cysters). PCOS is not just on the overweight (Fat Cysters).

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by missade(f): 9:09am On Feb 27, 2016
As the Lord God has said; indeed none shall barren among us. We shall hear the cry of laughter in our homes, the sweet cry of out precious little ones will be heard in our homes in Jesus, Amen.
May God bless us all this weekend.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 9:18am On Feb 27, 2016
happymummy:
@ Fine good.morning
I must commend u as a darling
God bless u Amen

I want to ask is it everyone that has hair growing on their neck that has pcos
?

I have 2 strands of hair that grows out of my chin that I have to pluck off every time. All the Other follicular tracking I did at a particular lab never measured my ovaries but the last scan I did in a different lab, the doctor took his time to measure the ovaries and diagnosed PCOS. My bmi is 24.2 and I had a regular cycle so I was a bit doubtful but I know that I was finding it very difficult to lose weight. 3years ago all I need to lose weight is to skip one meal and iv lost weight .
I put myself on metformin cos I wasn't seeing any doctor at the time.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 9:22am On Feb 27, 2016
sugah:

My doctor actually told me to avoid folic acid when I had fibroids cos it would make the fibroids grow. I was only on iron tablets for blood loss.

But a 2mm (0.2cm) is quite small.

Ok. Thanks for sharing. I don add to my brain oh. Perhaps the much we get from food will be enough to avoid issues in ttc and pregnancy, so better not to add the supplementation via tablets/Prenatal? Just wondering. I'll ask my Dr. Am Fibroids free now but don't even want anything that will give the evil suckers and witches a chance to even dream of growing back especially while am not done with having kids.

@ praisefulmum and icemum please see @ Sugah quoted post on Folic Acid and Fibroids.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 9:29am On Feb 27, 2016
Up NEPA, PHCN, or whatever the name is now grin. Abeg my Sisters make I go begin iron all these clothes I've been piling for over a month now. Have a fun & happy weekend everyone.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nogen: 10:30am On Feb 27, 2016
Talk on Domestic Violence and infertility is on right now on www.lablanche.ng. Please log on to participate. Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by divinemandate: 10:48am On Feb 27, 2016
Thanks @ mumihaja, I appreciate.
hmmm, folic acid and fibroid, what an eye opener. we learn everyday. God will help us.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lulumcneil: 11:51am On Feb 27, 2016
I used FOHOW PRODUCTS for fibroids, I got them from I.A. & S WELLNESS Centre. After 2 months the fibriods had even increased and I had a cyst whic was not there before the treatment started.
This product did not work for me after paying close to 200,000 naira and using the recommended drugs religiously.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 27, 2016
drlayla:
Too bad someone is frustrated lol keep trying to get pregnant lol after all the numerous abortion u have done. Lols pray hard!!!

Stop playing God , thats all i will say to you, never judge huh, take care

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Vanny2: 12:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
Happy weekend Joyful mother of children! You are made in the image and likeness of God! You are fruitful!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
lulumcneil:
I used FOHOW PRODUCTS for fibroids, I got them from I.A. & S WELLNESS Centre. After 2 months the fibriods had even increased and I had a cyst whic was not there before the treatment started.
This product did not work for me after paying close to 200,000 naira and using the recommended drugs religiously.
Sorry Dear. Only God will save us. Please if you have any packets of the products used or proof to substantiate your claim, and to let us know the actual product, don't hesitate to post. I wish 9ja was an advanced country where one can make claims on things like this. Mama's una don hear, 1st report from a Mama was Dollyham now its FOHOW.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
99billiondollar:

Stop playing God , thats all i will say to you, never judge huh, take care
Just ignore him, he's just seeking attention, that's all he's been doing on this thread. Instead hit the "report button" on his post and report him. I just did that and reported him for violating rule no 2. I hope the moderators do something fast. He can't be coming here to make accusations, insult us and make inciting comments. Enjoy your weekend.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
Thank u @Mumihaja n @Fvine
I pray I dnt hv it too bt I will go back 4 a scan sooner or later. Thnk u my sisters, devil is only making noise in our lives, bt we will all carry our babies ds year. IJN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iomoge2(f): 12:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
lulumcneil:
Imagine
See follow products
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by divinemandate: 1:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
lulumcneil:
hmmm, short of words. just like @fvine said can u please list and post the specific fohow products used.
hearing it for the first time (fibroid increasing after treatment) . can't really imagine that with such huge amount.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by anikeayun(f): 1:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
Aftnoon house,all d sabi mamas abeg come to ma aid ooo.
There is smting ve bin noticing for like a month now.

Firstly,if i lie flat on my back dere is dis bulge as big as agbalumo(cherry fruit)below my bellybutton dat i alwaz feel with my hand.
It alwz come up wen i wake up in d mornin or anytime im pressed nd immidiately i relieve myself it dissapear for dat time.
Could it b d ugly fibroid dats pronouncing itself or wot sad

Secondly,im having discharge buh no foul smell or itching buh its in watery form nd clear,wen ever it comes it fill hot as if its AF cry
Hve bin noticing dis for like 2wks now embarassedpls wot is d meaning of dis.

Cc All d sabi mamas shud pls gv me a clue on dis
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fumbaby: 1:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/2949413/ please-save-sisters-life- story/6#43299869
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fumbaby: 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
[quote author=anikeayun
Fvine will answer you when she's through with her ironing lol

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 2:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
divinemandate:

congrats rejoice03. u will carry to full term nd deliver with ease.
pls how much is omega 3 6 9,
cc- fvine, mumihaja
gd am @ all, wishing us fruitful weekend.

Most I've seen are in bottles of 120 Capsules or 60 Capsules, 1200mg - 3600mg. Price ranges from N2500 - N3,500. These are as found in regular pharmacies around me in Lagos. Lagos/ Eko for show in posh areas like Lekki / Ikeja especially pharmacies inside Malls like where Shoprite is can make the price higher. smiley
There's Omega 3 single capsule only so be sure it says Omega 3, 6, 9.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by happymummy(f): 3:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
lulumcneil:

kpele I had same experience
but I bought drugs worth 80k or more sef
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
kweenkong:
Good evening sabi mamas, God bless us all with bfp very soon. The support and overwhelming love is amazing. Both hubby and I are overweight and I know it's affecting our fertlity. We haven't been able to sustain a diet although we tried several times.
Come what may I must get my bfp before year end.

If you haven't been able to sustain a diet, then stop dieting. In so far as you call it a diet or actually going on a diet, your mind will always trick you into feeling like you're being denied and in bondage; and of course your brain will rebel and you'll eat the wrong foods and in massive quantities. " For you to change your body, you must 1st Change your mind".

My suggestion will be to stop dieting and make healthy choices with portion control, your healthy choices should be high protein and low carbs. Tell yourself its your new 'Way of Living', 'Way of Eating' rather than calling it a diet. Change your Swallow to Oats (Quaker Oats, White Oats), You can grind and make it like Semo. Let your soup be more vegetable based like Okra, Edikaikong, Eforiro, Afang,even Egusi without added Oil etc. In fact you can use tomatoes/tatashe mixture to add oil colour to them without adding palm oil. It turns out sweet regardless. Substitute Oats where a recipe calls for flour. Eliminate refined sugar and flour in any form. . You can also use the Oats Flour to make things like healthy Pancake (Oats,Egg, Honey if you need to sweeten it). You can use the tomatoes/Tatashe as oil in Beans and Yam Porridge. Also make the larger part of our diet protein. Protein fills you for longer and helps minimize your sugar cravings, add exercise like Walking and Aerobic dancing and it'll start coming. Although you might lose weight slowly if you have PCOS but losing weight improves PCOS and will also improve your weight loss rate and other PCOS symptoms like Fatigue, Bloating etc.

You can go to www.africanweightloss.com and download free 2 9ja foods based weight loss meal timetables if you're into things like that. I've used both 2 timetables there and they work. It has things like Moi Moi, Akara, Vegetable soup. Or you can just use it as a guide to preparing your own meal timetable with food items you already have in your house. Planning your meals and having them on ground helps so that you don't get hungry and grab the quickest thing which is usually the worst things and also end up over eating them. Cleanse your house of all junk food. Just so that you don't feel like n bondage of a diet, you can choose 1day cheat day like Sunday where you can take one portion of something you're missing at a meal not the whole day. For instance, I love bread and when I was using this method to lose weight, I always make my Sunday Lunch Toast Bread/Sandwich sometimes with fried egg, no margarine or mayonnaise. If the cheat day, cheat meal turns to a problem, then eliminate it.

Weight loss, Healthy Weight is doable and achievable. Just tell yourself "I can, I will, End of Story". Should you need more support and or encouragement on your weight loss journey without weight loss supplements, am here for you. I a still on the same journey myself although on a more "weird" way of eating. I have manged to move from 94kg to 77kg approx. and still counting. My next target is 75kg and I'll take it from there till I reach the ultimate goal especially in terms of body fat % not just what the scale says. Take Care Sis. Tough Love but One Love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
happymummy:

kpele I had same experience
but I bought drugs worth 80k or more sef
Ewoo oh! Sorry. Abeg is it the same FOHOW Products? Lord have Mercy, Amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
anikeayun:

Firstly,if i lie flat on my back dere is dis bulge as big as agbalumo(cherry fruit)below my bellybutton dat i alwaz feel with my hand.
It alwz come up wen i wake up in d mornin or anytime im pressed nd immidiately i relieve myself it dissapear for dat time.

Secondly,im having discharge buh no foul smell or itching buh its in watery form nd clear,wen ever it comes it fill hot as if its AF cry

My 1st thought before I read that you have Fibroid was that it could be Fibroid. Some women are able to feel and see their Fibroid on their tummy in different positions. My thought on the discharge is you need to get tested and also complain to a Dr, I have no idea what it could be. Take Care.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by hotmomma(f): 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ladies, I really feel Bragg's apple cider vinegar works to eliminate fibriods esp if they are not too big and very painful menstrual cramps. The usefulness of prayers cannot be overemphasized. Just tot to share .
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dazzle86(f): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2016
anikeayun:

It may be fibroid. that was how I discovered mine. I noticed a movable hard lump,also when I lay on my tummy, I kept feeling I was lying on something hard,I would raise myself from the bed to feel if I was lying on something, but there was nothing on the bed. i went for a scan and it was confirmed. it must have been the pendunculated subserous one I was feeling. cos I could move it around. you should have it checked out,do an abdominal and pelvic scan.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Icesnow(f): 6:23pm On Feb 27, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by anikeayun(f): 6:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
@fvine tanks sis,ve alredy kald him nd he said so far it has no foul smell nd no colour i shuldnt worry buh im still disturb sha embarassed

@dazzle86 yes i had fibroid buh my stomach is as flat as my palm, does dat min its big for me to feel it lik dat?are u free of it now?
Anytime i put my hand i feel lik squeezing d life out of it angrypls wot can i do bout it so i wont feel it again.sorry for my plenty questns pls.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kwentjules: 7:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
Pls I need an urgent suggestion on dis my case.... saw my last AF on 13jan.. waited for dis month didn't see it.. did blood test, confirmed positive. I evn did stick it showed 2red lines.. den last week Wednesday I went for scan(6th week).. dey didn't see anything in my womb. Went to anoda lab today still d sAme tin... please somebody should help me out as it seems my world is coming to an end. Dis days I walk along d road without looking... Please somebody should talk to me
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kwentjules: 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
Pls I need an urgent suggestion on dis my case.... saw my last AF on 13jan.. waited for dis month didn't see it.. did blood test, confirmed positive. I evn did stick it showed 2red lines.. den last week Wednesday I went for scan(6th week).. dey didn't see anything in my womb. Went to anoda lab today still d sAme tin... please somebody should help me out as it seems my world is coming to an end. Dis days I walk along d road without looking... Please somebody should talk to me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.