Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:46 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5436691 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
Mummyejire:
Hello house,does anyone know where I can get choline inositol, I will greatly appreciate any info on this

cc fvine
cc sugar
Welcome to the Inositol / Choline bandwagon grin. Your sister has been on the search and so far have only been able to find it with @ Sugah yesterday at GNC Pharmacy, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos. They sold a bottle of 100 tabs of 500mg Inositol for N4,500. They also have a bottle of powdered one that makes sense if you're not always on the go for about 14-18k. I can't remember exactly how much. Choline also goes for N3,500 - N4,500 there.

Well before I was able to hunt down the single Inositol and Choline yesterday, Sugah introduced me to a Mason Natural Fat Burner supplement that's ttc safe. So I studied the supplement fact and it has 333mg of Inositol, 667mg of Choline, Vit B6, Chromium, Iron etc which are all the essential supplements for PCOS management so I sharperly bought 3 bottles of it. Price range is N1,900 - N2,200.

Another option for Choline/ Inositol combo is Fairhaven's Ovaboost. It contains 2000mg of Inositol and also contains a good mg of Choline but it's quite pricey sha.

Are you trying to treat PCOS? What other medication are you on for it? My Dr placed me on Omega 3,6 previously and today placed me on Metformin (Glucophage) as well.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 1:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
sugah:

I got some at Alpha pharmacy in Ikeja.
That's what I used so id recommend that.
Check pharmacies around you, Sugah helped me buy at Alpha pharmacy Ikeja. But in my search for Inositol, I was surprised to see Mason Fat Burner in 2 regular pharmacies in my area but they only had one bottle each.
Mummyejire:

thanks sis where can I get the Mason fat burner? Or which one is better?
sugah:

Check pharmacies around you, Sugah helped me buy at Alpha pharmacy Ikeja. But in my search for Inositol, I was surprised to see Mason Fat Burner in 2 regular pharmacies in my area but they only had one bottle each.

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mummyejire(f): 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2016
Fvine:

sugah:

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
I will make out time to get it today or tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mummyejire(f): 1:43pm On Mar 12, 2016
Fvine:

Welcome to the Inositol / Choline bandwagon grin.
Are you trying to treat PCOS? What other medication are you on for it? My Dr placed me on Omega 3,6 previously and today placed me on Metformin (Glucophage) as well.

I have not been diagnosed with pcos, but I have most of the symptoms like excess fat, finding it hard to loose weight, thinning hair, annovolation e.t.c, plus almighty hormone imbalance. I once took metformin and noticed that I loss body fat for the period of 2weeks, but it took less than two weeks to put it back on.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 1:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
Thanks so much to @ loisemm, joyfulmma1 and Chyvia

@ pweetiebabe, I only got Pregnancy anointing from @ Sugah. Don't mind the babe, she dey run from Twins/Triplets, so for that one, I dey on my own dey pray to Baba God make e give me twins but if God vex holy vex make am Triplets, I no go mind. So make we just continue to pray with faith and very soon we'll receive it, Amen. Enjoy your weekend.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mummyejire(f): 1:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
@sugar @fvine what do you recommend for detox.
i would like to detox before starting the fat burner.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 2:00pm On Mar 12, 2016
Mummyejire:

I have not been diagnosed with pcos, but I have most of the symptoms like excess fat, finding it hard to loose weight, thinning hair, annovolation e.t.c, plus almighty hormone imbalance. I once took metformin and noticed that I loss body fat for the period of 2weeks, but it took less than two weeks to put it back on.
Your symptoms point to PCOS. Just start healthy eating and supplements. it helps a great deal. lots of success stories
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 4nobody4every1: 2:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
cool
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Rukkington(f): 2:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
Thnx @sugah and @hotmomma... I'm grateful
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iomoge2(f): 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
Some people are angels in human body
May God bless Sugah and Udoomama more than they ever imagined. Amen.
My epistle is coming soon.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Odunma(f): 3:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
joyfulmama1:
I feel im obliged to share what I did differently this month- I ate pineapple core for 6 days after ovulation cos I heard it helps with implantation. Then I stayed away from Udara / Agbalumo, cos I heard its very acidic and I ate it a lot Dec nd Jan.

congratulations joyfumama1 .my dh saw this your post and ask me 2 stop taking agbalumo.but why? after giving up on many things just because of TTC now my precious agbalumo.there is God o.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
Mummyejire:
@sugar @fvine what do you recommend for detox.
i would like to detox before starting the fat burner.
My recommendation is a Liver/Colon Detox. Once the liver is clean, it's able to do is work more efficiently and effectively. The liver is the workhorse of the body. A Liver Detox I like is mixing A small bottle of Castor Oil in a Cup of fresh Orange juice. Drink early in the morning no later than 6:30am when bile Production is high. Follow up with hot water (mouth temperature). Its just like giving the body a hot soapy wash. Drink lots of warm water (room temperature) throughout the day and stay away from food with lots of oil. It'll make you purge but it's just the liver and colon cleansing themselves out.

@ Sugah has this smoothie mix for detox that she has shared severally on the thread. Am sure once she comes online she'll be able to share that as well. I've searched for it but can't seem to find it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
iomoge2:
Some people are angels in human body
May God bless Sugah and Udoomama more than they ever imagined. Amen.
My epistle is coming soon.
We're all eyes and ears waiting for you Sis. @ Sugah and Udoomama God's continued Blessings upon you both and all the Mamas here being a blessing to others in several ways, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
Mumihaja , long time no see , i finally see my period in 30 days, and its not dark again , but very red and flow well thus time around, its the 3rd day , and still flowing well , i thank and bless God kiss kiss kiss

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by joyfulmama1(f): 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
Odunma:

congratulations joyfumama1 .my dh saw this your post and ask me 2 stop taking agbalumo.buy why? after giving up on many things just because of TTC now my precious agbalumo.there is God o.

Lol, thanks dear.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumjk: 6:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
Sis pls what did u do to get this result, I need it also cos can't seem to understand my period these days
99billiondollar:
Mumihaja , long time no see , i finally see my period in 30 days, and its not dark again , but very red and flow well thus time around, its the 3rd day , and still flowing well , i thank and bless God kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
mumjk:
Sis pls what did u do to get this result, I need it also cos can't seem to understand my period these days

I did not do anything spectacular , just that my case is different , it was due to overdose of clomid , so its the side effects , thats actually over now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oomiyale(f): 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2016
Pls reply me embarassed
oomiyale:
Pls mamas, come to my aid o.what can I use to regulate my cycle. It keep changing ranging from 28 days to 30+. I av done Hvs nd treated infection.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 7:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
mumjk:
Sorry you're going through this. I'll suggest you share exactly what's wrong with your period or what you don't understand so that Mamas here can suggest remedies as per their experience and/or knowledge. Take care.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
Good evening my e sisters abeg I did my IUI today. Husband's post wash sfa was 10million with 98% motility. My doc says my lining is 4mm and he has placed me progesterone and estrogen suppositories. What else can I do to enhance BFP. I had eight good follicles of hood sizes. Pls I need ur suggestions

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 7:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
sugah:

So i started out with a detox/colon cleanse
-squeeze lemon in warm water and drink first thing in the morning
-my detox juice (i bought a juicer) contents were -celery, apple, cucumber, green pepper, (parsley occassionally),lemon and ginger root. i drink this right after the lemon water
-swedish bitters mixed in water i took all through the day
-also got dulcolax (laxative), took that for 3 days.
-the plan was to continue with living bitters after the swedish bitters finishes cos i had just started my period when i started the detox and living bitters was not recommended for women in their period. I bought living bitters, took 1 spoon and trashed the damn thing! that shii is bitter!!!!!!!

Typical meal plan was: Breakfast- 2 eggs
Lunch- moi moi or grilled chicken and steamed vegetables
Dinner- chicken peppersoup, vegetable soup with little oil or just lots of watermelon
snack in between meals, fruits or nuts. Lots of water all through the day

Exercise routine: started out slow initially ..started with 30mins everyday but ended up doing 2 hours in the gym 4 or 5 times a week. 1hr cardio and 1 hr weight training. Best way to stay disciplined is to find someone to workout with...it helps with motivation

My pharmacists also added some drugs. A brand of orlistat (Ecoslim or Xenical) and fat burner supplement (it contains inositol and vitamin B6 which is wonderful for women with PCOS). Orlistat is prescribed for obese people, it breaks down the fat and you pass it out as oil in your stool. so you see oil in your faeces, that kind of discourages you from eating meals that are cooked with red oil (at least it did that to me grin )

@mummyejire

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
Cc : sugah
Cc: fvine mama
Cc: fruitful mama

Good evening my e sisters abeg I did my IUI today. Husband's post wash sfa was 10million with 98% motility. My doc says my lining is 4mm and he has placed me progesterone and estrogen suppositories. What else can I do to enhance BFP. I had eight good follicles of hood sizes. Pls I need ur suggestions

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 7:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
oomiyale:
Pls mamas, come to my aid o.what can I use to regulate my cycle. It keep changing ranging from 28 days to 30+. I av done Hvs nd treated infection.
Varying cycles by a few days is not a problem. it's only when it's by several days that you begin to think of what could be the cause. Some women naturally have a cycle length of 38 days - 40days which may not be considered a problem because it's natural to them and has always been so with them. Whats important is to know the fertile period and to BD accordingly. Stress and other things can shift Ovulation date which lengthens a cycle. The important thing is that the Luteal phase is long enough to sustain a Pregnancy and remains mostly constant. For instance you can have a 28day cycle , followed by a 30 day cycle but both having a 13 day luteal phase which is the number of days from after Ovulation to the date of the next period.

Hope this helps and I've not confused you. You can also state exactly the 30+ length so that we can correctly compare between the 28days to the 30days to know if there's and issue and where it lies.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oomiyale(f): 8:00pm On Mar 12, 2016
It can go up to two month if I did not use anythin to force it to come like herb or go to d clinic except when I was on clomid den but I ended up den with ectopic. Soo I don't want to use it again. Den pls I also notice swollen low abdomen. Tnxe author=Fvine post=43715584]
Varying cycles by a few days is not a problem. it's only when it's by several days that you begin to think of what could be the cause. Some women naturally have a cycle length of 38 days - 40days which may not be considered a problem because it's natural to them and has always been so with them. Whats important is to know the fertile period and to BD accordingly. Stress and other things can shift Ovulation date which lengthens a cycle. The important thing is that the Luteal phase is long enough to sustain a Pregnancy and remains mostly constant. For instance you can have a 28day cycle , followed by a 30 day cycle but both having a 13 day luteal phase which is the number of days from after Ovulation to the date of the next period.

Hope this helps and I've not confused you. You can also state exactly the 30+ length so that we can correctly compare between the 28days to the 30days to know if there's and issue and where it lies.[/quote]
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:00pm On Mar 12, 2016
chichung91:
Cc : sugah
Cc: fvine mama
Cc: fruitful mama

Sis, don't fret God got you. Your DH's post wash numbers and Motility is good. Your Dr is on point. Am glad he's giving you a great Post Ovulation Support to ensure implantation and pregnancy.

What I'll suggest is that you pray hard, eat healthy, stay away from stress and negativity, don't lift heavy things, don't fight, argue or shout with anybody, watch comedy films or read jokes to make you laugh or be happy, rest properly, don't symptom spot and drive yourself crazy, don't browse or research on iui or iui success, in fact if possible stay off the internet completely or minimise your frequency. Keep busy in a happy way to occupy your time so that you won't be thinking. After doing all this, pray again cos it's the key.

I will keep you in my prayers and so will all Mamas here in our group prayers and in our personal prayers. Will be expecting your Bfp announcement in 2weeks time, Amen.

9 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
oomiyale:
It can go up to two month if I did not use anythin to force it to come like herb or go to d clinic except when I was on clomid den but I ended up den with ectopic. Soo I don't want to use it again. Den pls I also notice swollen low abdomen. Tnxe author=Fvine post=43715584]

Sounds like there could be issues going on there. Have you visited a Dr before on it and what was the diagnosis? It could be that you have PCOS hence no Ovulation, no period except you take something to force it, another pointer to PCOS is your success with clomid which ended sadly with an ectopic and also your swollen lower abdomen (Bloating). PCOS ladies have a higher level of miscarriage than ladies without it. Most PCOS ladies usually need support in their 1st trimester to ensure a healthy pregnancy.

Are you overweight if yes pls lose weight, losing as little as 5kg could restore your period. If you're underweight please add weight in a healthy way which will also restore your period. Other symptoms of PCOS include rapid weight gain, difficulty losing weight, bloating, heavy bleeding during period, bleeding irregularly, hair on chin, around the areola or nipples, shedding of hair on the head amongst others.

You may wish to get a scan and hormonal assay for proper diagnosis . Remedies to PCOS is Low Carb eating, Exercise, Metformin (Glucophage), Inositol + Choline, Chromium and Vit B6 especially for overweight Cysters. Omega 3,6 (9) to regulate your hormones. Drs may also decide to use Ovulation induction drugs too like Clomid, Letrozole, Ovidrel trigger etc. Abeg don't self medicate on clomid again it can be dangerous especially for ladies that have PCOS and/or Fibroid. A lot of PCOS women have restored their periods and conceived with this popular combo Weight loss + Metformin ( Glucophage) + Inositol.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 8:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
Chichungi91, fvine has said it all. It's only 2(or 5 as your dh wants) of the 10million that is needed to do the work.
On your uterine lining, the estrogen your doctor gave you would take care of that, worry not.

Take your suppositories diligently, pray and leave the rest for the giver of children.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumjk: 8:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
Fvine:

Sorry you're going through this. I'll suggest you share exactly what's wrong with your period or what you don't understand so that Mamas here can suggest remedies as per their experience and/or knowledge. Take care.
thanks so much my dear may God bless u, d dates of my period varies from 28 to 33 days, and it doesn't flow well at all. Infact it doesn't come out on d second day den on d third day it will start again n yet d flow still won't b much. It's been on like this for more than a year now and i don't even know when i ovulate. Pls what can i do?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by suremum: 9:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hello mamas in the house. Please I need to know when IUI can be considered. For instance, women with blocked falopian tubes are usually advised to try IVF. When can one be advised to try IUI? Pls answer me ooo
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MamaJesu: 9:37pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hi mamas,
Truthfully speaking I think u shouldn't keep trying this or that. Especially all this herbal supplements. When I tried fertilaid and virtex I came down with horrible pimples and very bad candida infection. I tried forever living products that were very expensive and I used it for months even dh used it too but nothing changed. I even tried Trevor but of cos nothing worked. What I think I did differently this time was my husband being with me at the redemption camp because I fasted tha last two 100 days fasting alone but this time we did it together. We also watched dove tv whenever daddy GO goes on his tours. Then we both stayed away from sin I mean I stopped watching those worldly song channels and stop giving oral or receiving MouthAction (sorry TMI). We wrote down what we were expecting this new year from God and I can tell most of them have been answered. I knw it wasn't the ivf that helped me cos I v done iui before and I had lots of follicles with still no bfp. But when we went thru this ivf every step was successful just has God has promised me. They got 24 eggs and all fertilized I couldn't believe my ears when they told me. That same week my husband got a new job within the space of a day. I can't believe all this because 2015 was a trying period for myself n my husband and that helped us to move close to God.
So my sis the long and short of the story is, if ur period is regular and u have no blocked tubes and u sure u ovulate regularly that is ultrasound has confirmed that pls just relax. Except u are overweight and have pcos or other diagnosed medical condition pls go and use orthodox means although they may be expensive at least they are scientifically proven. But most importantly believe God for the miracle because it is only him that gives and adds no sorrow.All this supplements are money wasters, one cure all and can also be dangerous to ur body take it from someone who had tried everything triable.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
suremum:
Hello mamas in the house. Please I need to know when IUI can be considered. For instance, women with blocked falopian tubes are usually advised to try IVF. When can one be advised to try IUI? Pls answer me ooo
1. Unexplained Infertility (Both couples are Ok)

2. Male Infertility where the woman has no issues or the only issue is Ovulation, Ovulation can be induced and triggered before iui. Certain sperm parameters has to be met though like count of 15million and above or so, a motility of 60% & above etc otherwise the advise will be IVF or IVF with ICSI where the required Sperm Count, and Motility numbers are too low

3. Over Zealous, Ambitious and wealthy couples (could also be older) who want to hasten conception and can't wait for natural intercourse to do the job grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by suremum: 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
Thank u so much. For the good job u are doing here, may God reward u with a BFP sooner than u expect.
Fvine:

1. Unexplained Infertility (Both couples are Ok)

2. Male Infertility where the woman has no issues or the only issue is Ovulation, Ovulation can be induced and triggered before iui. Certain sperm parameters has to be met though like count of 15million and above or so, a motility of 60% & above etc otherwise the advise will be IVF or IVF with ICSI where the required Sperm Count, and Motility numbers are too low

3. Over Zealous, Ambitious and wealthy couples (could also be older) who want to hasten conception and can't wait for natural intercourse to do the job grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.