Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5416554 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 11:54am On Mar 14, 2016
@chichungi91, just keep your fingers crossed as you go through your 2ww....Pls how much did the hui cost?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 11:57am On Mar 14, 2016
AyaTiraj:

Thanks sis I have been ttc since 2014 ooooo but nothing coming positive and my period has always been regular, I take Naturemade Vit E, Folic Acid400mg and and use Clearblue Fertility Advance Monitor for my cycles to test my ovulation days .... Abeg my E-sister help me oooooo

@AyaTiraj, try follicle tracking as it is more accurate and can tell if your follicles are in good shape and when you are likely yo ovulate
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 14, 2016
Fvine:

Sis, Thank you for volunteering to do the roll call. Please we'll be glad to have you as our Official BFP Monitor just as @ 4realwoman is the Official Prayer List Coordinator . Thanks again, looking forward to it.

It doesn't have to be perfect, if anyone is missed out, then she can or any Mama who noticed can call your attention to it and you'll just amend. Thanks again.

Big sis, I should be the one thanking u for the honour. But lets wait for other sweet mamas to put mouth incase there are other more able mamas or suggestions or objections. U never can tell. Meanwhile, let whoever does it try and include WIDD (What I Did Differently) to each name and Bfp. One luv.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
ajuwarhodes:

Honestly ajuwa took nothing, infact make God forgive me,but its confession time I guess,cos I knew u my e family will ask,I didn't want to start saying it without been asked,
I remember when I was in the uni(studied law)I wld smoke,drink,club etc but if I ever had sex without condoms I will get pregnant, but all stopped after we got married, hubby and I were a Randy couple in the uni,so I taught to myself let me go back to myself,my marriage is 4yrs o,so I changed my cream,started becoming fairer again ,hanged out with old and new friends,removed my wedding ring and went back to uni days,had toasters sef,all this in a month or two.and I wld go home gist hubby as we did in uni days,and we wld Bleep not make love oooo,in the chair,or any corner like in the uni days,cos we had no space asuch then,he had room mates infact he was a bloody squiter ,and this month,I fall pregnant... The rest is testimony

@ajuwarhodes, this your testimony no be here o.....you know those hide and seek styles can get one pregnant fast hoping it will expose you...thank God your dh showed some level of understanding for this kind of move. Congrats
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
@ mumihaja I paid 100k for the procedure only. I bought my clomid injectibles and trigger shot myself. It was done in Georges and they were very professional

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mary2016: 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2016
This is my first time of posting a message on nairaland, I hope IV500, would be able to read this message as a reply to your earlier post. Trucare is one of the best fertility clinics around. I heard their success rate last year 2015 was 66.7% compared to the IVF 50-50 thing. I have met two people personally, who got pregnant after their IVF treatment at trucare. you should be able to read more about them online, just type Trucare fertility clinic on google search engine.

wholesomegrace:

What kind of update?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mary2016: 1:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
ivy500:
Hello all,
any update on Trucare fertility clinic

This is my first time of posting a message on nairaland, I hope IV500, would be able to read this message as a reply to your earlier post. Trucare is one of the best fertility clinics around. I heard their success rate last year 2015 was 66.7% compared to the IVF 50-50 thing. I have met two people personally, who got pregnant after their IVF treatment at trucare. you should be able to read more about them online, just type Trucare fertility clinic on google search engine.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumigrace(f): 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2016
Fvine:

I have no experience to share but just thought I should encourage & remind you that you have 2 tubes. So if the right has Perifrimbal Adhesion then the Left is there to do the job. Also know that Perifrimbal Adhesion is not a sentence that conception is impossible rather it could just take time compared to where it doesn't exist. Besides you have an amazing God so no shaking. Sorry for the burn, I know how it feels plus the scar too. I got mine while trying to shrink Fibroids. Is your tube also blocked or its just the Perifrimbal Adhesion? Continue looking up to & trusting God, he's the Unchangeable Changer and doesn't disappoint on his promises. Wishing you your healthy bfp soon this year.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumigrace(f): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
Loisemm:

Lolz@ ur sidon look statement. I love that spirit of joy and trust in God. Abeg no too worry. Try ur best and leave the rest for God cos it is Him that graciously gives us children. Let us keep up the positive spirit. He will answer. I personally prefer to say 'He has answered... (by faith).

My sister laugh o, it's very good for you cheesy. Thanks dear. May God water you and cause you to flourish

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by amfertile(f): 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2016
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Rukkington(f): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
Good afternoon to all d mamas in d house, pls I want d Sabi mamas to help me interpret these results cos am scared o.

This is d result of my dh SFA/MCS result
Volume 4mls
Viscosity moderate
Sperm count 45*10 raise to power 6/ml
TSC. 180* 10 raise to power 6/ml

Motility
Active. 60%
Sluggish. 10%
Non motile. 30%

Viability
Active. 70%
Ddal. 30%

Morphology
Normal 85%
Abnormal. 15%

Culture
Yielded list growth of staph. aureus

Sentivity
I can't read dis part clearly, I will attach d pix.

The man said my dh have infection and he
prescribe
tab. cyprofloxaen 500mg and cap. Amoxylin
500g. I dunno if my spelling is correct cos he
didn't write it clearly.

My hormonal profile test for cd3
LH. 07.0 normal value (5-40)
FSH. 05.0 normal value(5-20)
Progesterone 02.0 normal value (4-25)
Estrogen 21.0 normal value (30-100)

Comment
The result is suggestive of secondary
hypogonadism (hypipituitarism), also
hyperprolactinamia

I am scared of dis result, I will still go back
on cd21 for progesterone test cos d man said he
jez did it to check d level of my progesterone on
cd3 and after cd21 test, he will know d next thing
to do.
Pls, I want to know if I don't av a serious problem
cos am scared.

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ommyk: 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
I hail all mama's in the house. fvine and other mama's helping out una thank you. Congratulations to those that have gotten their bfp.The good Lord will sustain you all. I Just want to share a word with us.God works with faith, he doesn't work with pity or tears.The bible says in Hebrew 11:6 that without faith it is impossible to please God.As we are waiting let us Lookup to God only.Let our faith not be in programmes, drugs or anything we r doing.Abraham was justified by his faith in God not his works despite his body being dead and that of his wife but against all hope God delivered.Romans4:1-end.
Let us do the little we can but let our focus not leave God.It is well.
God will answers us speedily in Jesus name.Amen

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by praisefulmum: 4:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
@ Rukkington:- Your husband's SFA is good save for a little infection which may just be some slight contamination in the lab or an actual infection which can be treated once he commences the Ciprofloxacin. I don't know why he was prescribed amoxicillin when it clearly states on the result that the bacteria is resistant to amoxicillin. I had rather he goes with the cotrimoxazole or ofloxacin and not amoxicillin.

Your Hormone profile is good except for the low oestrogen and progesterone but progesterone should be done on day 21 or at least 7 days after ovulation so you may be having a falsely low progesterone result because of the day it was done. We will just have to wait for the day 21 progesterone test to see how it goes.

As for the Hyperprolactinaemia, I didn't see anywhere where the level of prolactin was written so I wouldn't know how best to advice you but just follow your doctor's prescription and it will come down and you can try the other natural methods of eating ewedu and cabbage religiously.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
This is the prolactin test result for me 38. 7ng/ml, fvine and other mama's, torchlight for me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Rukkington(f): 5:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
I'm grateful @praisefulmum... Prolactin is 26, I mistakenly skipped it. How is ewedu and cabbage used, I will love to use it too.
I will repeat d progesterone test on cd21 but wat can I do to increase my estrogen level and without d amoxillin, will my dh infection be cured.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 5:32pm On Mar 14, 2016
chichung91:
@ mumihaja I paid 100k for the procedure only. I bought my clomid injectibles and trigger shot myself. It was done in Georges and they were very professional
Pls what procedure did you do? Is it IUI?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by peterian: 5:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
Amen!
4realwoman:
Monday - starting from 14th Mar, 2016.

1.Tsquaure, 2.Sanrima, 3. Mumihaja, 4. Mummyejire, 5. chigirl45, 6. Pweetymii, 7. Fumbaby, 8. Lynsunny, 9. iomoge2, 10. 4realwoman, 11. Melsmum, 12. CravingChic, 13. MummyEsther, 14. Tenderchic, 15. Pweetiebabe, 16. Amfertile, 17. Mumjk, 18. Happymummy, 19. Mandydaisy, 20. Rainyday, 21. Zenoj, 22. RipVanWink, 23. Mrsfrank, 24. JummaiTWINS, 25. uche13, 26. Fruitfulwoman, 27. Ejaisky, 28. Ladiva, 29. Sammiejo, 30. Dammol, 31. Ademide02,

Good morning Jesus, Good morning Lord, I know you come from heaven above thy holy spirit is on the throne. Good morning Jesus, good morning Lord.
Lord, I commit the names above into your holy hand and I ask for the special miracle and blessing that is meant for them Lord.
Any area that they have sinned against you knowingly or unknowingly Lord I ask that you have mercy upon us all and forgive us.
Bless us with that blessing that is meant for us Lord.
Give us our BFP this year in Jesus name, Amen. Thank you Lord for answering our prayers. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2016
@ Rukkington, I agree with Praisefulmum. Your DH's SFA is OK although the infection Staph was picked up. You both need to get treated. I believe his numbers will even improve more after treatment plus Pregnancy with an infection is not advisable. Remember to disinfect your undies and that of your husband during treatment. Also BD with CD or abstain during treatment to avoid passing the infection between you both.

As per your Hormonal Assay, your Progesterone is inconclusive seeing that it was done on Day 3. Like the man said, it will be better judged using your result from the Day 21 test. His conclusion of hypogonadism is because your hormones are on the low side of normal and you also have elevated Prolactin. You can get a scan done towards your Ovulation period to check your ovaries and follicles as it can shed more light on the low hormones. Some Drs might also request for further testing while others will not. Its possible you're not ovulating or ovulating poorly. Meanwhile do not fret as its easily resolved by drug administration/Ovulation induction if you're not ovulating or ovulating poorly. Omega 3 (perhaps the 3 Combo) will also do you good. Your Dr will take care of all of that, don't worry.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by peterian: 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
Amen!
lollyrekiat:

May our prayers b answered soon, thanks for the prayers.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pweetiebabe(f): 6:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
Mamas plssss i am xoxo scared right now cry, I did something last week which i later regretted i actually wanted to tell my DH but i never knew ao he will take it so i kept it to myself but i guess he somehow knew abt it now, he called from work and i can tell from his voice that there is trouble
I love my husband and my home so much that i will never want to trade them for anything on earth and he has been xoxo supportive during dis ttc journey, I really don't want any trust issues btw Us...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
Fvine:
@ 99billiondollar, I agree with Praisefulmum. Your DH's SFA is OK although the infection Staph was picked up. You both need to get treated. I believe his numbers will even improve more after treatment plus Pregnancy with an infection is not advisable. Remember to disinfect your undies and that of your husband during treatment. Also BD with CD or abstain during treatment to avoid passing the infection between you both.

As per your Hormonal Assay, your Progesterone is inconclusive seeing that it was done on Day 3. Like the man said, it will be better judged using your result from the Day 21 test. His conclusion of hypogonadism is because your hormones are on the low side of normal and you also have elevated Prolactin. You can get a scan done towards your Ovulation period to check your ovaries and follicles as it can shed more light on the low hormones. Some Drs might also request that you do a thyroid test while others will not. Its possible you're not ovulating or ovulating poorly. Meanwhile do not fret as its easily resolved by drug administration/Ovulation induction if you're not ovulating or ovulating poorly. Omega 3 (perhaps the 3 Combo) will also do you good. Your Dr will take care of all of that, don't worry.

Fvine , hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
99billiondollar:

Fvine , hmm

Sorry it's actually for @ Rukkington and I've amended my post. I apologize for the mix up.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GraceBim: 6:13pm On Mar 14, 2016
God will surely give all waiting mothers reasons to smile nd laugh this year by His grace. I am blessed and encouraged with what I read on this post. I wish everyone a fruitful week indeed!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 6:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
Pweetiebabe:
Mamas plssss i am xoxo scared right now cry, I did something last week which i later regretted i actually wanted to tell my DH but i never knew ao he will take it so i kept it to myself but i guess he somehow knew abt it now, he called from work and i can tell from his voice that there is trouble
I love my husband and my home so much that i will never want to trade them for anything on earth and he has been xoxo supportive during dis ttc journey, I really don't want any trust issues btw Us...
Don't be scared, don't give the devil that satisfaction. Whatever the issue is, just Pray for Peace, Understanding and Forgiveness as you both discuss. Also pray for wisdom in choosing and saying the right words while explaining to your DH. Am sure he'll understand and forgive you if you show that you're truly remorseful & repentant. But going forward you'll have to act to gain and hold his trust. I pray that all goes well. May your love sustain you and even wax stronger, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 6:25pm On Mar 14, 2016
DonaTee:

Ewedu therapy u av to steam fresh ewedu leaves den blend it n drink. Don't add salt or potash.
Vit b6 50 miligrm twice in a day
Plenty cabbage shld b consumed daily. Plenty.
If ur dh use to suck or handle ur olympus he shld reduce/refrain frm it.
Generally mild exercise n healthy eating n ur supplements shld go hand in hand.

I also read somewhere in dis thread or ivf thread where dostinex worked for some1. She took 1 tab every week

@ Rukkington, the quoted post is for treatment of High Prolactin. The Ewedu therapy you asked for is explained there. You just eat raw cabbage as used in Coleslaw.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
Fvine:

Sorry it's actually for @ Rukkington and I've amended my post. I apologize for the mix up.

Did you get what i post, help me out pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2016
mamakendra:

Pls what procedure did you do? Is it IUI?
Yes she said she did IUI at George's Lekki, Lagos. The N100k as explained in her post is just for the cost of the procedure only, she bought her drugs by herself. I really think it's a good price. And good that the hospital allowed her that option too.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
99billiondollar:
This is the prolactin test result for me 38. 7ng/ml, fvine and other mama's, torchlight for me
Its quite high as the normal level is less than 24ng/ml but again it will be good to have the Lab comparative test value as different labs use different values. Hope this helps.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Rukkington(f): 7:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
I'm really grateful @Fvine....
I jez thnk God I didn't wait a yr b4 running dis test as suggested by doc cos dey tld me I shld wait a yr b4 complaining.
Pls, wen is d perfect day of d circle to do d scan. I av a 25 day circle, wen shld I do d scan.
What type of scan shld I do cos I av done pelvic scan abt 2 months ago and d result was normal except for a left cyclical cyst and doc said I shldnt worry dat it will shrink cos I did it during my ovulation period.
I will be waiting for your response
Thnx
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
Helloo great people..i am new here, but I have been following for some time. I felt so relieved when I read sm comments.. I have been waiting (ttc) for some time now.. I feel so downcast that I no longer have libido.. I need serious counsel. I find it so difficult to enjoy sex. Though my hbby initially had erectile dysfunction, which God has helped us overcome. Pls I need mature minds for counsel, on:
1. To improve my sexual life.
2. What I can try to helpp concieve? I had done hormonal tests,n all were perfect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
I will get dostinex, its too high

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.