Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,132 members, 7,849,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:03 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5436261 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
Fvine:

Sis, don't fret God got you. Your DH's post wash numbers and Motility is good. Your Dr is on point. Am glad he's giving you a great Post Ovulation Support to ensure implantation and pregnancy.

What I'll suggest is that you pray hard, eat healthy, stay away from stress and negativity, don't lift heavy things, don't fight, argue or shout with anybody, watch comedy films or read jokes to make you laugh or be happy, rest properly, don't symptom spot and drive yourself crazy, don't browse or research on iui or iui success, in fact if possible stay off the internet completely or minimise your frequency. Keep busy in a happy way to occupy your time so that you won't be thinking. After doing all this, pray again cos it's the key.

I will keep you in my prayers and so will all Mamas here in our group prayers and in our personal prayers. Will be expecting your Bfp announcement in 2weeks time, Amen.

Amen thanks a bunch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 11:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
MamaJesu:
Hi mamas,
Truthfully speaking I think u shouldn't keep trying this or that. Especially all this herbal supplements. When I tried fertilaid and virtex I came down with horrible pimples and very bad candida infection. I tried forever living products that were very expensive and I used it for months even dh used it too but nothing changed. I even tried Trevor but of cos nothing worked. What I think I did differently this time was my husband being with me at the redemption camp because I fasted tha last two 100 days fasting alone but this time we did it together. We also watched dove tv whenever daddy GO goes on his tours. Then we both stayed away from sin I mean I stopped watching those worldly song channels and stop giving oral or receiving MouthAction (sorry TMI). We wrote down what we were expecting this new year from God and I can tell most of them have been answered. I knw it wasn't the ivf that helped me cos I v done iui before and I had lots of follicles with still no bfp. But when we went thru this ivf every step was successful just has God has promised me. They got 24 eggs and all fertilized I couldn't believe my ears when they told me. That same week my husband got a new job within the space of a day. I can't believe all this because 2015 was a trying period for myself n my husband and that helped us to move close to God.
So my sis the long and short of the story is, if ur period is regular and u have no blocked tubes and u sure u ovulate regularly that is ultrasound has confirmed that pls just relax. Except u are overweight and have pcos or other diagnosed medical condition pls go and use orthodox means although they may be expensive at least they are scientifically proven. But most importantly believe God for the miracle because it is only him that gives and adds no sorrow.All this supplements are money wasters, one cure all and can also be dangerous to ur body take it from someone who had tried everything triable.
Thanks for sharing openly and in details with us. The learning for me is no matter what you're doing or not doing, make sure you commit it to God for success. Pray and genuinely trust in God. Let God have his way and don't just lean on what you're doing or what your Dr is doing.It's evident that before and during this your successful IVF, you and your husband agreed as one, got closer and put absolutely faith in God, believed him and he came through for you. Perhaps it wasn't so in your previous iui and ivf. MouthAction kills sperm and not good for ttc but I don't see it as a sin though. Also key to note is that there's always God's appointed time for everyone. Some other couple might also do as you have done and if God feels is not the right time to Bless them with a child for a good reason, then he might just withhold it. Take for instance the case of Guiliana Rancic (Ex E! Presenter & Current Fashion Police Analyst, Award Hostess etc). When she was trying for a child and couldn't conceive she felt so heartbroken, later on she was able to conceive and had a miscarriage and that helped the Drs to pick up the cancer she had which if she had carried a successful Pregnancy would have grown and killed her. Eventually she had to go through a surrogate and now has a Son. The Drs wouldn't have been able to pick up the cancer if she hadn't conceived and had the miscarriage. In other words God blessed her in another way that she wasn't praying for or imagined.

One cannot over emphasise the importance of prayer but it's also important for us to know that our ways are not that of God and he works in mysterious ways. When I was job hunting, at some point someone ( a church) tried to make me feel that I didn't have a job because I wasn't praying enough and in the right way. Well I followed the person's (church) prayer pattern advice and all but yet no job. Each passing day that I did this and met rejection after job interviews, I always felt depressed and almost got to the point of denouncing that God cares for me, was always moody, it even started affecting my relationship with my DH and other people. Believe me today, I have a very good job and the job came at an unexpected way and time when I wasn't following the "prescribed prayer pattern" , I was just believing God but not doing the "tedious prayers" in the popular expected way. In fact I got the SMS asking me to pick up my offer letter at night while watching Africa Magic and there was a miracle in the movie and I was telling my DH that all na film that I don't believe or if it happens in real life how come God hasn't done it for me. Well that same instant I got my miracle sms. TTC doesn't need emotional/psychological stress and I wouldn't want any Mama going through this or questioning God or doubting my prayers like I used to do in the past each time I get AF.

I also did all doable to shrink my Fibroids , drugs, home remedies, supplements, native herbals and what have you before God finally led me to having a successful Myomectomy in Jan and I have no regrets because I always look back and know that I did my best as a human and perhaps God led me through that path to strengthen me or for a particular purpose or to trust him more and let him take over completely or whatever his reason is. Before the Myomectomy, my prayers was usually supplication asking God for a successful surgery. But you know what while praying that way, even with my surgery date fixed, I was still scared that I even came here to ask for more Fibroid shrinking tip to see if I'll find something else to try. Well one day, I was led in my spirit after my prayers to change my prayer to a prayer of Thanksgiving and immediately all fears where gone, I was so bold and confident in God that morning of surgery I woke DH up and was hurrying him up that I want to get to the hospital in time as scheduled before the Dr will go and change his mind. In fact it was like I was going into the theatre to give birth or to collect American visa or something like that, that's how confident and joyous I was.

To wrap it up, God is our father and we his children. The way we each communicate with him vary from individual and he understands us and meets us at our different point of need in so far as we're sincere, sinless, above all trust and believe him with faith. In fact in the Bible Jesus taught us how to pray with the Lord's prayer. Don't get me wrong, am not against camps and revivals, far from it. Am for it and also participate but what am against is someone saying or suggesting that you have to pray in a certain manner or place for God to answer. Also note that some of the supplements which Mamas here recommend and encourage are Orthodox and Dr recommended. Also Drs during treatment sometimes try several treatment protocols before they find a combo that will work for the patient.

Please am not trying to "tassi" you. @ All This is just my opinion, we're all entitled to our own opinion so please if you differ or wish to correct me in any place where I've erred , do so without malice or insult. Am very open to and love honest and positive criticism as it helps me to learn and grow. Thanks everyone.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 11:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
Well articulated @fvine.
Well done.
Lol...if dh hear say b-job (mouth action) na sin, heeeeeee!!!!!!!
My father must hear it oooo. Lol
Happy and healthy bumping @mamajesu

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
I undastand you, Fvine and I undastand MamaJesu. MJesu says go to camp/church and believe cos she got her Bfp there. And Fvine says fine. Its all good but pls do not make women feel if they do not go to services, God wont answer. Others can also get Bfp after using drugs and herbs and procedures that God makes successful.
My sisters, I and other women here know and concur that all na God. Its God that answers us in church and its Him that answers us thru other legitimate reasonable means we use.
Personally, I hv always prayed that God pls do not allow me start frequenting church programs and go anywhere I hear miracles are happening cos of ttc. I hv prayed and I trust He will see me thru with ease by His grace. I go to a few programs when I can but if I cant make it, I know God still hears me in my prayer closet/house. Mjesu, ur LO shall be a huge blessing to u.

*I am a believer o and I love God so much*

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 11:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
mamakendra:
Well articulated @fvine.
Well done.
Lol...if dh hear say b-job (mouth action) na sin, heeeeeee!!!!!!!
My father must hear it oooo. Lol
Happy and healthy bumping @mamajesu
Abeg oh. Lol. You cracked me up. I actually wrote the correct term but the spam bot auto corrected it to Mouth Action grin But remember to refrain from B-Job (Mouth Action) during your Fertile window as saliva is very hostile to sperm.

@ loisemm , your post is just a summary of what I was trying to say. Don't mind me I sabi long explanations and posts grin

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by delor: 12:25am On Mar 13, 2016
Good morning mamas, the bible says in Ecclesiastes 3:11 dat God hath made everything beautiful in HIS time. God's time not ours. So it does not depend on our prayers, vigils, fast or medications. It depends on God alone but as human we don't just sit and watch event unfold itself to us, we try our part. My hubby did not miss one from d 100, 40 and d just concluded 50 days fast. Yet we are still trusting Him. We give and support d missions heavily and I mean heavily,we are both workers in His Vineyard but it still not His time. Yet we see ppl who do not go to church or mosques giving birth without sweat. I'm simply saying its by grace not dat we merit it. I pray dat ds will be His year for us all in jesus name

23 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 13, 2016
@ Joyfulmama congratulations. To God be the glory. You shall carry to them in Jesus name, amen. Am happy for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mummyejire(f): 7:04am On Mar 13, 2016
sugah:

@mummyejire

Thanks sis, kisses to Los

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oomiyale(f): 8:25am On Mar 13, 2016
Pls tnx so much I think I will have to change gynecologist, d one I'm see keep telln me not to use anythin just keep tryin wen it over a year after my last ectopic sugery. Plus my last period was heavy that I av to change pad every 2hrs it will be soak. For d first 3 day. Yet he ask me not to take anything. Tnx soo much dear
Fvine:

Sounds like there could be issues going on there. Have you visited a Dr before on it and what was the diagnosis? It could be that you have PCOS hence no Ovulation, no period except you take something to force it, another pointer to PCOS is your success with clomid which ended sadly with an ectopic and also your swollen lower abdomen (Bloating). PCOS ladies have a higher level of miscarriage than ladies without it. Most PCOS ladies usually need support in their 1st trimester to ensure a healthy pregnancy.

Are you overweight if yes pls lose weight, losing as little as 5kg could restore your period. If you're underweight please add weight in a healthy way which will also restore your period. Other symptoms of PCOS include rapid weight gain, difficulty losing weight, bloating, heavy bleeding during period, bleeding irregularly, hair on chin, around the areola or nipples, shedding of hair on the head amongst others.

You may wish to get a scan and hormonal assay for proper diagnosis . Remedies to PCOS is Low Carb eating, Exercise, Metformin (Glucophage), Inositol + Choline, Chromium and Vit B6 especially for overweight Cysters. Omega 3,6 (9) to regulate your hormones. Drs may also decide to use Ovulation induction drugs too like Clomid, Letrozole, Ovidrel trigger etc. Abeg don't self medicate on clomid again it can be dangerous especially for ladies that have PCOS and/or Fibroid. A lot of PCOS women have restored their periods and conceived with this popular combo Weight loss + Metformin ( Glucophage) + Inositol.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sweetrie(f): 8:29am On Mar 13, 2016
Happy Sunday mamas. May we receive our miracles soonest.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cathyibok(f): 9:23am On Mar 13, 2016
Congratulations to all the preggy mums. God bless ur LOs. Happy sunday all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 13, 2016
sugah:
Chichungi91, fvine has said it all. It's only 2(or 5 as your dh wants) of the 10million that is needed to do the work.
On your uterine lining, the estrogen your doctor gave you would take care of that, worry not.

Take your suppositories diligently, pray and leave the rest for the giver of children.

Thanks sis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Twogreatnations: 10:45am On Mar 13, 2016
suremum:
Hello mamas in the house. Please I need to know when IUI can be considered. For instance, women with blocked falopian tubes are usually advised to try IVF. When can one be advised to try IUI? Pls answer me ooo
To the best of my knowledge suremum, IUI is recommended when 1) the cervical mucus is suspected not to be friendly to the sperm 2) when ovulating enhancing drugs like clomid is used( it dries up cervical mucus) and if you've tried pressed and it doesn't help, iui aims at placing the washed sperm cell directly to the egg thus increasing chances of conception all things been equal. And like Fvine said, the male sperm motility and count should be fine. Take care

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 10:55am On Mar 13, 2016
[quote author=oomiyale post=43715883]It can go up to two month if I did not use anythin to force it to come like herb or go to d clinic except when I was on clomid den but I ended up den with ectopic. Soo I don't want to use it again. Den pls I also notice swollen low abdomen. Tnxe author=Fvine post=43715584]

My dear I understand how you feel cos we are in the same boat. Clomid also caused my ectopic pregnancy as well. I used to take primolute N or herbs to bring on a period but my last cycle, I stayed off prim and it came on its on 10 days late(CD40). I can also relate with the swollen low abdomen because I also used to have it too. However, I just recently went for another hormonal assay and I am awaiting results. As for the swollen abdomen, I started stomach exercises at the beginning of my cycle and I have been noticing improvement. My dear, I would advice you take vitamins and prenatal supplements for now and also do a hormonal assay to know your hormonal levels before resuming any hormonal meds that could aid conception.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 11:25am On Mar 13, 2016
Fvine I wish I could like your comment a million times.

Personally when I used to read WIDD and the person says 'all I did this cycle was fast and pray or I went for so camp' I used to ask myself if I wasn't praying hard enough for God to answer my prayers. Fortunately for me I used to voice my concerns to my DH who is even more spiritually grounded than I am and he never failed to remind me that even atheists get pregnant.
God is the giver of children and at the right time, he would bless us with his gift. Not considering what we are doing or not doing at the time. I always remember ajuwarhodes WIDD grin grin

ajuwarhodes:

Honestly ajuwa took nothing, infact make God forgive me,but its confession time I guess,cos I knew u my e family will ask,I didn't want to start saying it without been asked,
I remember when I was in the uni(studied law)I wld smoke,drink,club etc but if I ever had sex without condoms I will get pregnant, but all stopped after we got married, hubby and I were a Randy couple in the uni,so I taught to myself let me go back to myself,my marriage is 4yrs o,so I changed my cream,started becoming fairer again ,hanged out with old and new friends,removed my wedding ring and went back to uni days,had toasters sef,all this in a month or two.and I wld go home gist hubby as we did in uni days,and we wld Bleep not make love oooo,in the chair,or any corner like in the uni days,cos we had no space asuch then,he had room mates infact he was a bloody squiter ,and this month,I fall pregnant... The rest is testimony

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 12:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
mumjk:
thanks so much my dear may God bless u, d dates of my period varies from 28 to 33 days, and it doesn't flow well at all. Infact it doesn't come out on d second day den on d third day it will start again n yet d flow still won't b much. It's been on like this for more than a year now and i don't even know when i ovulate. Pls what can i do?
Sorry you're going through this, some Mamas here have had success in getting a clean and steady flow during period and also relieving cramps by making a hot tea out of fresh garlic and ginger, ground and mixed together. You can sweeten a little with small honey if you find that you're unable to drink the tea unsweetened. You can make and drink from CD 1 to CD 3. Don't take throughout your cycle as even though garlic is good and a cure all, it can prove bad too in high and long doses because it's a blood thinner.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AyaTiraj(f): 12:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Good morning and happy Sunday house! Please am new and have been a silent reader ttc for a while now.... Would really love to be part of this Efamily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by suremum: 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
Thanks a lot dear! I rili do understand now. May God grant our heart desires (Amen)
Twogreatnations:

To the best of my knowledge suremum, IUI is recommended when 1) the cervical mucus is suspected not to be friendly to the sperm 2) when ovulating enhancing drugs like clomid is used( it dries up cervical mucus) and if you've tried pressed and it doesn't help, iui aims at placing the washed sperm cell directly to the egg thus increasing chances of conception all things been equal. And like Fvine said, the male sperm motility and count should be fine. Take care
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by rozeeb: 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
Congrats to all the preggo mothers. Been silent since cos jos wanted to relax and take my mind off ttc completely. Its nt easy God will answer our prayers in due time.
Went to see my aunty last wk ad all wat i hear is wat is delaying i told her God time is the best,she tld me to go to one pastor dat many of her friends go der ad are pregnant. Bt she knw i will nt do it, cos am a catholic i believe God want us closer to him to thank him and nt going from one place to another. Jos relax and keep trusting God he will do it. Confession brings Conception

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oomiyale(f): 1:31pm On Mar 13, 2016
Seem we have similar issue pls won't mind sharin contact soo we update each oda on wat u do... I'm also doning d tommy trim I just use a ounce of Trevor in d mornin den skip breakfast and stop after ovulation but now I'm gettin late with noo pregnant sign at all just d bloatin..dis Ttc is not easy. I will av love to use prenatal I even bought pregnant care conception but I also read here dat dey rnt gud for pcos I'm chillin will be seeing a new gneay next week. Have u done hsg after the ectopic[quote author=CravingChic post=43728861][/quote]
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sparkles07: 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by hotmomma(f): 2:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Sugah dear, although some took stuff and got preggy, some truly only prayed and got pregnant. The way it would work for A, might not be the way it would work for B. How's lo doing? grin

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by DonaTee(f): 2:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
Sparkles07:
Hello Fruitful Mothers,I have been trying to get pre grab for several months all to no avail. I did a hormonal test and the said showed that I have high prolactin .i was on med from the gnae and it messed my period up.
I saw a very heavy period last week, and it lasted for 7 - 8 days.On the last day of the period I was sitting I noticed something just pushed out from my vagina, I was so scared.when I checked I saw something that looks like a chunk of liver, never seen such before.
Pls I am very scared of it , can't even discuss with my husband about it.

Dats a blood clot. Its ur body mechanism tryin to stop d xcessive bleeding. U shld go back to ur doc to review ur medication.
U can also do b6, cabage n ewedu therapy if d levels r still persistently high

Welcome @ayatiraj may ur stay here b short n fruitful

@rozeeb no b smal relax. D stress n thinkin no b here. Makes person to b boring. Soteeey I dey claim my triplets in my mind for any preggy woman I see along d road even if I dey drive or waka cheesy
Na so I avoid some gatherings. Wen all dey call person out for ttc issue all d tym. Like say I dont av other pressing issues
so I avoid dem most times n go for church programme were I can pray general prayer n worship

@ajuwarhodes congrats n happy bumping.
d supplements didnt work for u. And some brands work differently too.
my experience last month wit supplements was very wonderful.
Since September last yr my period shifted frm 28 to 26 days. I wasn't bothered.
But in December instead of 4days e flow 2days. Not even 2 complete days n was a lil scanty. Same in January same February
I bought evergreen woman wit vitex. Took it tho missed few days.
my period showed on cd29. Didnt flow as much as normal but at least d date is within range.
this march I used ginger-acv-honey tea frm cd4 to jus b4 ovulation n takin supplements so I ll see how month end go b

I av not lost sight dat it all lies in d hands of my God. I knw he sees n hears it all. And soon he wil make name for himsef.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lollyrekiat(f): 2:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
4realwoman:
Thursday - starting from 10th Mar, 2016.

91. BlessedDiva, 92. Joyfulmoda, 93. Iretinyeee, 94. Lovina, 95. Tammy, 96. IyeEjima, 97. Fertilewomb, 98. Jessicafruity, 99. Mumsoon, 100. Ouwashinadara01, 101. Dazzle86, 102. Exegesis, 103. Mum2bsoon, 104. Triangullar, 105. Mrsedeh, 106. Janedyke6, 107. Finecheek12, 108. Royal30, 109. Smithsydny., 110. Maymay1, 111. Rozeeb, 112. Lauracares, 113. Boyeen, 114. Laurasmum, 115. Spiritualgal, 116. Peddyloveh, 117. Venuss, 118. Hope43, 119. Curvilicious, 120. Zeezzy,
Friday - starting from 11th Mar, 2016.

121, Ononmplanet, 122. Godmercy2015, 123. Kudibaby, 124. Xtiana250, 125. Ommyk , 126. Eridemilade, 127. Ibari, 128. Uwasam, 129. Praisefulmum, 130. Santagelo25, 131. Caringpro 39. Fonnyswt 132. Odunma, 133. Stellx , 134. Anewdawn, 135. Hypraise, 136. Marjuly, 137. es33, 138. Iyabejilantilan, 139. LadyGuinivere, 140. Mamacajah, 141. Cuddlemoi, 142. Jadelle, 143. Kussy4, 144. Okhionkpai, 145. Ruttybabie, 146. Mydeporch, 147. Futureday, 148. Aghadiaye, 149. Diva90, 150. Hevenly,
Saturday - starting from 12th Mar, 2016

151, Deyoolam, 152. Greenpea, 153. liliamaka2003, 154. Venizia, 155. Lollyekiat, 156. Chom4shizzle, 157. Olamitie, 158. Mubzay, 159. Ejimikeokwu, 160. Mztenny, 161. Rukkington, 162. Neeky1, 163. Ijay024, 164. Momofthey16, 165. Rossy4doll, 166. Fvine, 167. Mum2SnD, 168. Ahmanim, 169. Lookingud, 170. Mommatriplets, 171.Davidolawale, 172. Somvade, 173.Oluwadamelola, 174. Nikz, 175. Decency8, 176. Oyescodee, 177. Kikilistic, 178. Shiloh, 179. Mercifull, 180. Hopefulmum,
Sunday - starting from 13th Mar, 2016.

181. Foe123, 182. Aghaibiam, 183. Anastasia49, 184. . Peterian, 185. Adetunrayo,186. Goodkay, 187. Oomiyale, 188. Vanny2, 189. Chichung91, 190. Favouredestiny, 191. Somuadi, 192. MiraclefromGod, 193. Temilayooluwa, 194. Ijay024, 195. Delor, 196. Loisemm, 197. Kweenkong, 198. Adelolo, 199.therealmom, 200. wholesomegrace, 201. ugommazan, 202. orente21, 203. Icesnow, 204, Nubiaqueen, 205. Dadsonval, 206. Eriolaoluwa, 207. Firstlady123, 208. Rubyz, 209. AyaSunday, 210. Shanicemel 211. Schipolkky2211, 212. Emerald65, 213.Towerofgrace, 214. Oluwatise2016, 215. therealmom, 216. gracechinwe

Thank you Lord for i know that you have answered the prayer of the names above and joy will never depart from their mouth and home in Jesus name, Amen
This is the year for us all to rejoice and carry our baby/babies in Jesus name, Amen.
Thank you for the gift and blessing that you are preparing for the names above.
Thank you for bringing us this far.
Thank you for giving us strength in time of weakness.
Thank you for everything and thank you for our baby/babies on the way.
Dis I pray and ask through your son Jesus Christ, Amen.
Because I know that you will not allow us go empty handed in Jesus name, Amen.

May our prayers b answered soon, thanks for the prayers.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 2:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
AyaTiraj:
Good morning and happy Sunday house! Please am new and have been a silent reader ttc for a while now.... Would really love to be part of this Efamily.
You're most welcome. Have a happy, short and fruitful stay. Feel free to contribute to your new e-family and also ask questions. Here we're a group of kind, supportive and knowledgeable mothers and fathers. Happy Sunday.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
hotmomma:
Sugah dear, although some took stuff and got preggy, some truly only prayed and got pregnant. The way it would work for A, might not be the way it would work for B. How's lo doing? grin

Of course that's not what im saying. I said God answers us at His time not minding what we are doing at that time. Weather praying or not, we would not all have same testimonies.
Just like I won't tell someone not to bother wasting time praying and just take 'what worked for me', I would not also tell another not to waste his time taking supplements cos 'only prayers worked for someother'.
I hope you understand what im rambling on about embarassed

We are both fine, thanks dear.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by foe123(f): 2:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
Fvine:

Thanks for sharing openly and in details with us. The learning for me is no matter what you're doing or not doing, make sure you commit it to God for success. Pray and genuinely trust in God. Let God have his way and don't just lean on what you're doing or what your Dr is doing.It's evident that before and during this your successful IVF, you and your husband agreed as one, got closer and put absolutely faith in God, believed him and he came through for you. Perhaps it wasn't so in your previous iui and ivf. MouthAction kills sperm and not good for ttc but I don't see it as a sin though. Also key to note is that there's always God's appointed time for everyone. Some other couple might also do as you have done and if God feels is not the right time to Bless them with a child for a good reason, then he might just withhold it. Take for instance the case of Guiliana Rancic (Ex E! Presenter & Current Fashion Police Analyst, Award Hostess etc). When she was trying for a child and couldn't conceive she felt so heartbroken, later on she was able to conceive and had a miscarriage and that helped the Drs to pick up the cancer she had which if she had carried a successful Pregnancy would have grown and killed her. Eventually she had to go through a surrogate and now has a Son. The Drs wouldn't have been able to pick up the cancer if she hadn't conceived and had the miscarriage. In other words God blessed her in another way that she wasn't praying for or imagined.

One cannot over emphasise the importance of prayer but it's also important for us to know that our ways are not that of God and he works in mysterious ways. When I was job hunting, at some point someone ( a church) tried to make me feel that I didn't have a job because I wasn't praying enough and in the right way. Well I followed the person's (church) prayer pattern advice and all but yet no job. Each passing day that I did this and met rejection after job interviews, I always felt depressed and almost got to the point of denouncing that God cares for me, was always moody, it even started affecting my relationship with my DH and other people. Believe me today, I have a very good job and the job came at an unexpected way and time when I wasn't following the "prescribed prayer pattern" , I was just believing God but not doing the "tedious prayers" in the popular expected way. In fact I got the SMS asking me to pick up my offer letter at night while watching Africa Magic and there was a miracle in the movie and I was telling my DH that all na film that I don't believe or if it happens in real life how come God hasn't done it for me. Well that same instant I got my miracle sms. TTC doesn't need emotional/psychological stress and I wouldn't want any Mama going through this or questioning God or doubting my prayers like I used to do in the past each time I get AF.

I also did all doable to shrink my Fibroids , drugs, home remedies, supplements, native herbals and what have you before God finally led me to having a successful Myomectomy in Jan and I have no regrets because I always look back and know that I did my best as a human and perhaps God led me through that path to strengthen me or for a particular purpose or to trust him more and let him take over completely or whatever his reason is. Before the Myomectomy, my prayers was usually supplication asking God for a successful surgery. But you know what while praying that way, even with my surgery date fixed, I was still scared that I even came here to ask for more Fibroid shrinking tip to see if I'll find something else to try. Well one day, I was led in my spirit after my prayers to change my prayer to a prayer of Thanksgiving and immediately all fears where gone, I was so bold and confident in God that morning of surgery I woke DH up and was hurrying him up that I want to get to the hospital in time as scheduled before the Dr will go and change his mind. In fact it was like I was going into the theatre to give birth or to collect American visa or something like that, that's how confident and joyous I was.

To wrap it up, God is our father and we his children. The way we each communicate with him vary from individual and he understands us and meets us at our different point of need in so far as we're sincere, sinless, above all trust and believe him with faith. In fact in the Bible Jesus taught us how to pray with the Lord's prayer. Don't get me wrong, am not against camps and revivals, far from it. Am for it and also participate but what am against is someone saying or suggesting that you have to pray in a certain manner or place for God to answer. Also note that some of the supplements which Mamas here recommend and encourage are Orthodox and Dr recommended. Also Drs during treatment sometimes try several treatment protocols before they find a combo that will work for the patient.

Please am not trying to "tassi" you. @ All This is just my opinion, we're all entitled to our own opinion so please if you differ or wish to correct me in any place where I've erred , do so without malice or insult. Am very open to and love honest and positive criticism as it helps me to learn and grow. Thanks everyone.

Thank God ooo, I didn't know MouthAction is a sin.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
oomiyale:
Seem we have similar issue pls won't mind sharin contact soo we update each oda on wat u do... I'm also doning d tommy trim I just use a ounce of Trevor in d mornin den skip breakfast and stop after ovulation but now I'm gettin late with noo pregnant sign at all just d bloatin..dis Ttc is not easy. I will av love to use prenatal I even bought pregnant care conception but I also read here dat dey rnt gud for pcos I'm chillin will be seeing a new gneay next week. Have u done hsg after the ectopic
Skipping breakfast is not the best. In fact it can be counter productive by lowering your metabolism, your BMR & could even delay or completely stop Ovulation. Best is to have a protein rich breakfast that will set you up for success. If you want to skip meals, skip dinner and replace with Fruits (low sugar & GI) or vegetables. Also try to eliminate refined sugar & flour from your diet, eat low carbohydrate & high protein. Take this from someone who has PCOS, has battled with being overweight most of her adult life and tried out several weight loss diets, Cleanses, Supplements & gimmicks. Hopefully your new Gynae will be great & God will bless you through his guidance & care, Amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
foe123:

Abeg Sis no quote me oh! No be me talk am oh, it was another Mama that suggested that it's a sin. Oral things (Mouth Action) is not a sin in my own opinion & limited knowledge. Follow your mind and religion/religious teachings biko & no go tell your husband na me spoil show, come stop am from his enjoyment grin But please note that it's not good during Fertile window because saliva kills sperm.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 13, 2016
Odunma:

congratulations joyfumama1 .my dh saw this your post and ask me 2 stop taking agbalumo.but why? after giving up on many things just because of TTC now my precious agbalumo.there is God o.

I think our bodies are different, I ate lot of agbalumo last month before I got my bfp and I still eat them because that is the only thing that I crave for at the moment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chigirl45: 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
foe123:

mouth action is not a sin going by my religion,it's not just good when ttc,cos the saliva can kill sperm cells
When not ttc,I believe you can do whatever you like that gives you pleasure during the kpekusing.
like @fvine has rightly said,go with your religion.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Twogreatnations: 3:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ella100:

I think our bodies are different, I ate lot of agbalumo last month before I got my bfp and I still eat them because that is the only thing that I crave for at the moment.

Me too o my Sis. Infact was so scared when I saw the post ( I eat it a lot now as that's calm me down wen I start feeling nauseous) that I had to see my Gynae and ask and he said udara is a good fruit that it even helps with the lining of the uterus that the only fruit I must'nt take is pineapple. Guess our bodies are diff.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) (1303) (1304) (1305) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.