Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1802) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5422944 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) (1804) (1805) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by folash: 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hannaspirit:

Folash, thanks. I've heard about gbagada General hspt, esp for pregnant women. Hubby has a phobia for gen hsptls cos of the blood donation they ask from the husbands grin .
Lemme just jejely go with parkland esp since they av gyneas on call for longer periods.

Ok then, parklande is also very good.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by folash: 9:03pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hannaspirit:

Same thing happened to me 2015. My LL's wife put to bed and my neighbor decided that it was an opportunity for her to poke her nose in my biz. To b honest,when she asked me why "they had not seen big stomach", I was too shocked to give her the comeback she deserved. This is someone that our interaction is limited. Hubby was mad and wanted to call her hsb to warn her. I honestly wish she'd pull d stunt ur neighbor pulled so that she can enjoy the tongue lashing that hubby will give her.
D day my FIL's sister drew me aside to recommend her "wooli" for me, it was my MIL that saved her from hubby's vex. grin
Afi wooli naa smiley I dunno y people just don't like to mind their business. All I know is that it's all for a bigger testimony. We shall all laugh in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sclon: 9:41pm On Feb 27, 2017
hello mummys in the house, I have been a silent reader on this forum, I decided to come out today, my ttc journey has been 3yrs block tub my dh has low spam issue I also have high production. any advise and suggest to overcome dis problems will be appreciated. thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hikims: 2:48am On Feb 28, 2017
Hi, this is Favour from Maryland Lagos. I was so much flabbergasted when I received the message you sent to me this morning. Iam very acquainted with many known business development outfit at mende Maryland Lagos. In this 21st century it is expected that people should analyze facts appropriately before disseminating them.
Firstly, Mende Maryland is a busy area with no lonely building as the area is already developed and well secured. Secondly, The guy in question who alerted you of the claimed criminal act came down on his own, if at all he knows mende well. If you know the place why don't you take police there, and before you do that, make sure you have concrete evidence to back your claims, because they reserve the right to sue you for character deformation and disseminating wrong information to the general public. Beware of false information as people do not go free these days for saying anything they wish!

Add this"forwarded as received"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RipVanWink: 6:04am On Feb 28, 2017
yakbauer:
Hello noble ppl of this thread.
Pls I'll need a medical practitioner here to help me translate this result of SFA.
I have tried reading online and watching YouTube videos, but none I've found tells me specifics, here's the result:
Colour: greyish
Volume: 3.6million/ml
Count: 72.4 million cells/ml
Morphology: 65% normal forms, 35% abnormal forms
Motility: 25% active, 55% sluggish, 20% non-motile
Keep up the good work/spirit of support and togetherness

ur result appears fair, am guessing the 3.6m for vol is a typo from ur end or the lab, sfa volume is usually from 1ml to 5ml, ie 1/2 teaspoon to 2 table spoons, so the 3.6m doesnt make sense. ur morph is ok, its motility that needs working on.
you can start taking fertile aid motility boost alone for that, in the short term..coffe/cafeine works to give the spermies a lil extra energy...so taking 1 cup of coffee 1hr b4 kpekus would help.
also try and take anti oxidants/larginine......forever living has a product rich in anti oxidants its called argi, its in a powdery form, try that or any other antioxidant u know.

basically, you shudnt be worried abt ur spermies,,, the nos u hv is enuff to give woman belle. what of ur dw..has she been checked, how many yrs ttc etc

@curvymami and mummykryti our kpekus ambassadors, i throway salute o grin grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamatwiny(f): 6:46am On Feb 28, 2017
@Folash, sometimes, ppl that tell u abt TTC are not as evil minded as we think. Some might recommend things DT u dont know exist like my colleague that recommended doctors that solved her own problem. Another colleague of mine told me of another colleague DT uses herbal, DT I can stylishly ask her to introduce me to d herbal woman.

When you think too much abt TTC, everybodys comment will seem like an insult. My own hubby can smell the insult from afar. I think it was one of the reasons he dealt with the church member...cos she said he should have been carrying her baby by now, not another person s child. When friends and family call him and tell him DT they hope d wifey has started vomiting or pushing her belly, he gets so angry. I've told him its a normal question, so he shld stop reacting or feeling bad .

15 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 7:47am On Feb 28, 2017
CravingChic:

I just remembered anoda med that was part of the protocol- birth control pills for 3 months. My dear, I believe I would have been successful because my friend that was given similar dose by the doctor took in...I had to stop because I developed some issues, not caused by the protocol though. PCOS is a bastard but we would overcome it. Meanwhile, try doing a hormonal profile to check your FSH levels and others.

Congrats to Olaedo, your WIDD is a unique one. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy experience.

You can try inositol, ovaboost,metformin n pregnacare or fertile aid. With that u will ovulate naturally. Stay away from sugar n carbon. Eat healthy. Ur egg quality will improve n of course metformin will keep your sugar level down also producing
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 28, 2017
afagha:

please mama , I'll like to know the details for when I'm ready. Thank you

Here are d details
Name. Consultant gynea Dr. Olaitan
Phone: 0803 712 3631
Add: Kings Court Hospital, Plot 6, Road 1B, Lucky Fibre Bus stop, Itamope, Ikorodu
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afagha(f): 10:34am On Feb 28, 2017
priscaver:

Here are d details
Name. Consultant gynea Dr. Olaitan
Phone: 0803 712 3631
Add: Kings Court Hospital, Plot 6, Road 1B, Lucky Fibre Bus stop, Itamope, Ikorodu
thank you mama.
God bless you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by joyousf: 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
Enh enh, thanks for the update o.

So you are saying mertformin and oral contraceptive pills for three months, after which you would now try clomid abi?

It is well, I've been taking mert since december. I am considering to continue to take it till probably April before trying the clomid again and this time around, I am likely to increase the dosage to 150 mg since the 100mg I have used so far has not worked.

Please what is the role of the pills in the treatment?

CravingChic:

I just remembered anoda med that was part of the protocol- birth control pills for 3 months. My dear, I believe I would have been successful because my friend that was given similar dose by the doctor took in...I had to stop because I developed some issues, not caused by the protocol though. PCOS is a bastard but we would overcome it. Meanwhile, try doing a hormonal profile to check your FSH levels and others.

Congrats to Olaedo, your WIDD is a unique one. I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy experience.

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
Mamas, i stopped using my medications when i went on vacay late january. Now ive missed my period for 12days today which is really late. Seeing that my cyclebis usually 30-33 days max. I took urine test today and its negative. Im cery scared to do a blood test because ive seen too many negative results to last a lifetime. Can d drugs i skipped cause my cycle to be unusually long

I an feeling pains in ovaries intermittently . I also have pains in my thighs. I had a cyst in december and i got my period in january even with the cyst. Im super confused and frustrated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
joyousf:
Enh enh, thanks for the update o.

So you are saying mertformin and oral contraceptive pills for three months, after which you would now try clomid abi?

It is well, I've been taking mert since december. I am considering to continue to take it till probably April before trying the clomid again and this time around, I am likely to increase the dosage to 150 mg since the 100mg I have used so far has not worked.

Please what is the role of the pills in the treatment?

The birth control pills was given to me to regulate my cycle...however if u have a clockwork cycle, you can ignore it. If you can slowly increase to 1500, then do so because that is the dose my gyny liked to work with. That drug no be here oo. Taking till april is cool, then stimulate with clomid. If you did 100mg of clomid the last time, you can up to 150mg daily when you want to start clomid again. Or on the alternative, try letrozole. It seems to work better for PCOS women. May God grant us our heart desires,amen.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anistef: 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
Gudafternoon fruitful mothers, pls I would lik ur advice.
I last saw my period Dec 16th, since then I've done blood test, strip test nd scan. al negative nd no period. saw my gyne nd I was placed on primolut N to induce d period.
nw my fear is dat I've all d symptoms of pregnancy, shld I tak d drugs to induce d period.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by joyousf: 2:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
Thanks mama,
Would I be combining all these drugs? My guess is that i need one of the ovaboost, pregnacare or fertile aid abi? I have also heard of M2Tone. Pls which of these is the most affordable since I guess it's going to be a daily drug.

I read that mertformin works same way as inositol...that is to reduce insulin resistance.

wonyi:

You can try inositol, ovaboost,metformin n pregnacare or fertile aid. With that u will ovulate naturally. Stay away from sugar n carbon. Eat healthy. Ur egg quality will improve n of course metformin will keep your sugar level down also producing
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
Anistef:
Gudafternoon fruitful mothers, pls I would lik ur advice.
I last saw my period Dec 16th, since then I've done blood test, strip test nd scan. al negative nd no period. saw my gyne nd I was placed on primolut N to induce d period.
nw my fear is dat I've all d symptoms of pregnancy, shld I tak d drugs to induce d period.

What is your previoys diagnosis? My sister, i totally feel your pain as im almost in the same situation. I just feel that since you have missed your period for that long and all tests are negative , you should probably use the drug and get your period so you can begin another round. Its devastating but with God, we will surely overcome this trial!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by joyousf: 2:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
Amin o. It is well. I'd try increasing to 1500mg again and see the effect on me if I don't get nauseated up and down vomitting again.

I have read nice reviews about letrozole. Pls what is the dosage for inducing ovulation?

Regular menses for where? I can't even remember when last I did menses on my own. Maybe 2010 or 2011. Usually I have had to induce using duphaston or primolut N. Maybe I would use that again when I want to induce. I dey fear using birth control pills, just in case my body decides to ovulate on its own with this merformin I am using. I have read of people that took in after using mert for about three months.

CravingChic:

The birth control pills was given to me to regulate my cycle...however if u have a clockwork cycle, you can ignore it. If you can slowly increase to 1500, then do so because that is the dose my gyny liked to work with. That drug no be here oo. Taking till april is cool, then stimulate with clomid. If you did 100mg of clomid the last time, you can up to 150mg daily when you want to start clomid again. Or on the alternative, try letrozole. It seems to work better for PCOS women. May God grant us our heart desires,amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afagha(f): 2:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
af has shown face o! it is well

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
Anistef , have you had such a long cycle before? You said you are feeling symptoms of pregnancy. Pls hold on from taking the period inducing drugs. Who knows if you're pregnant but baby is yet to show. Have you done a very recent scan? Same thing happened to Iomoge2. I think she missed her period for like 3months or so. I think she even started taking drugs to induce it. Then discovered she was pregnant. If its not a regular occurrence, still wait a bit.

Modified - she actually missed it for two months and was about to start inducing it before she got her bfp. Had to go and read it again.

Cubes01 , me and you dey the same ship now o. 12days since missed period. I dey wait, dey look, dey believe.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anistef: 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
Cubes01:

What is your previoys diagnosis? My sister, i totally feel your pain as im almost in the same situation. I just feel that since you have missed your period for that long and all tests are negative , you should probably use the drug and get your period so you can begin another round. Its devastating but with God, we will surely overcome this trial!
tanx I appreciate. I WS diagnosed wit ovarian cyst which is abt 5. sumting. d doctor feels I had a false pregnancy dats lik d second week of February dats d same time I did d scan, he said it could b hormonal imbalance.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anistef: 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
Loisemm:
Anistef , have you had such a long cycle before? You said you are feeling symptoms of pregnancy. Pls hold on from taking the period inducing drugs. Who knows if you're pregnant but baby is yet to show. Have you done a very recent scan? Same thing happened to Iomoge2. I think she missed her period for like 3months or so. I think she even started taking drugs to induce it. Then discovered she was pregnant. If its not a regular occurrence, still wait a bit.

Cubes01 , me and you dey the same ship now o. 12days since missed period. I dey wait, dey look, dey believe.

tanx ma, it happened last yr wen a Dr prescribed rochins for treatment of infection nd ovarian cyst. which another doctor said WS to heavy for my system, with dat one I missed my period for a month then I spotted for two days d next month. my cycle WS normal after then
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by folash: 3:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
mamatwiny:
@Folash, sometimes, ppl that tell u abt TTC are not as evil minded as we think. Some might recommend things DT u dont know exist like my colleague that recommended doctors that solved her own problem. Another colleague of mine told me of another colleague DT uses herbal, DT I can stylishly ask her to introduce me to d herbal woman.

When you think too much abt TTC, everybodys comment will seem like an insult. My own hubby can smell the insult from afar. I think it was one of the reasons he dealt with the church member...cos she said he should have been carrying her baby by now, not another person s child. When friends and family call him and tell him DT they hope d wifey has started vomiting or pushing her belly, he gets so angry. I've told him its a normal question, so he shld stop reacting or feeling bad .
No it's not normal in all cases and people should actually know where to draw the line.
Am not totally against people giving u advise or showing some concern while TTC; my grouse is when it is coming from almost a total stranger. From the scenarios u gave, the people you mentioned are somewhat close to you, and if that's the case, then it might probably be fine.
TTC is a very sensitive issue and I feel it's not in some people's place to come out and "advice" you no matter how genuine it seems.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
joyousf:
Thanks mama,
Would I be combining all these drugs? My guess is that i need one of the ovaboost, pregnacare or fertile aid abi? I have also heard of M2Tone. Pls which of these is the most affordable since I guess it's going to be a daily drug.

I read that mertformin works same way as inositol...that is to reduce insulin resistance.

Treating PCOS, pregnancare alone can't help. Ovaboost will help with egg quality infact the major ingredient in Ovaboost is Inositol. Inositol does the following reduces insulin resistance, reduces testosterones (a male hormone ),less unwanted hair, increases chances of ovulation, higher egg quality, lower chances of gestational diabetes, lowers cholesterol ,controls weight etc

The fertility combo by fairhaven for PCOS is fertile aid,ovaboost and Inositol. But some people complain of fertileaid messing up their cycle. So u can substitute fertile aid for pregnacare to achieve faster result.

For metformin, it's a thing of choice. Metformin works faster when u get the right dose for body n eating clean with exercise n it reduces insulin. It can be combined with the fertility combo. Although I stand to be corrected.

If u are in lagos ,fertile aid products can be gotten for 10k

Alternatively, bitter leaf n letrozole with follicle monitoring. If injection is needed u will be told.

How was the PCOS diagnosed?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
folash:

Afi wooli naa smiley I dunno y people just don't like to mind their business. All I know is that it's all for a bigger testimony. We shall all laugh in the end.
I like how this thread doesn't run too fast like the pregnancy thread. My sister in law played such a stunt on me, bringing olive oil from a pastor for me despite us never discussing such. I used the opportunity to preach to her anyway.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
Omojudy:

I like how this thread doesn't run too fast like the pregnancy thread. My sister in law played such a stunt on me, bringing olive oil from a pastor for me despite us never discussing such. I used the opportunity to preach to her anyway.
Lmao grin
Personally, I don't like people I am not on TTC confidentiality mode with talking to me about TTC or advising me. I love my privacy. Aunty, I no send you message. Face front. Its not by our power or might or by our running around. It is when God chooses to answer that He answers. We can only do so much to help it along.

Right now, we are not active on fbk. So many people don't know if we have children yet or not. My dh's ex even had to call to ask. Someone he hasn't spoken to in a loooong while o. Lolz.
Dh told her we have twins boy and girl grin (this is what we are believing God for). I told my Dh ,'well done jor... you do well'. Wetin she wan hear before? tongue grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by folash: 8:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
Omojudy:

That pregnancy thread ehn, you have to be an Usain Bolt to catch up with it. I used to follow it way back, buh now I just go there and read up one or two pages; that's all
Hope your sil repented and gave her life to Christ smiley wink
Buh wait a minute, I remember your moniker well from the preggy thread... Hope its not what am thinking
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sclon: 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2017
sclon:
hello mummys in the house, I have been a silent reader on this forum, I decided to come out today, my ttc journey has been 3yrs block tube my dh has low spam issue I also have high prolactin. any advise and suggestn to overcome dis problems will be appreciated. thank you.

Great mothers in the house abeg make una no jump and pass una sister oooo
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 9:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
folash:

That pregnancy thread ehn, you have to be an Usain Bolt to catch up with it. I used to follow it way back, buh now I just go there and read up one or two pages; that's all
Hope your sil repented and gave her life to Christ smiley wink
Buh wait a minute, I remember your moniker well from the preggy thread... Hope its not what am thinking
See you don dey bring the pregnancy thread spirit here. Guess it's the same me you knew there. No ask me details I beg. smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omojudy: 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
Loisemm:

Lmao grin
Personally, I don't like people I am not on TTC confidentiality mode with talking to me about TTC or advising me. I love my privacy. Aunty, I no send you message. Face front. Its not by our power or might or by our running around. It is when God chooses to answer that He answers. We can only do so much to help it along.

Right now, we are not active on fbk. So many people don't know if we have children yet or not. My dh's ex even had to call to ask. Someone he hasn't spoken to in a loooong while o. Lolz.
Dh told her we have twins boy and girl grin (this is what we are believing God for). I told my Dh ,'well done jor... you do well'. Wetin she wan hear before? tongue grin
No mind them.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by yakbauer: 10:06pm On Feb 28, 2017
pweetymii:

I am not a medical practitioner,but based on experience,your count and morphology is superbly okay.The motility is below borderline and would need to be worked on but in my lay man's idea,i don't think there is much cause for alarm since the count is high .other sabi maamas and papas would add their input wen dey come online.
Thanks very much
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by joyousf: 10:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
Thanks. sorry o, are u saying i will pick one among fertileaid, ovaboost and inositol? i am not in lagos o. where can i get the ovaboost?

diagnosis was via hormonal test n scan.

i have been working on my diet n been taking mert for two months now. what about vitex? can i take mert with it ormert with ovaboost?

wonyi:

Treating PCOS, pregnancare alone can't help. Ovaboost will help with egg quality infact the major ingredient in Ovaboost is Inositol. Inositol does the following reduces insulin resistance, reduces testosterones (a male hormone ),less unwanted hair, increases chances of ovulation, higher egg quality, lower chances of gestational diabetes, lowers cholesterol ,controls weight etc

The fertility combo by fairhaven for PCOS is fertile aid,ovaboost and Inositol. But some people complain of fertileaid messing up their cycle. So u can substitute fertile aid for pregnacare to achieve faster result.

For metformin, it's a thing of choice. Metformin works faster when u get the right dose for body n eating clean with exercise n it reduces insulin. It can be combined with the fertility combo. Although I stand to be corrected.

If u are in lagos ,fertile aid products can be gotten for 10k

Alternatively, bitter leaf n letrozole with follicle monitoring. If injection is needed u will be told.

How was the PCOS diagnosed?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Oteleye(f): 11:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hello mothers in the house, pls does anybody know any good urologist in lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) (1804) (1805) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Oladimeji13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.