Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5396854 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LadyGuinivere: 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
favored gal: Got my first positive opk yesterday so I guess clomid worked for me. Had left side cramps for like three days but its stopped today so mayb I have ovulated. Il confirm with temps tomorrow.

Congrats at adeturanyo
Am doing clomid too. Day 5. Pls gimme a heads up. How do u check dat?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by joesQ(f): 10:42pm On Feb 03, 2013
hello my dear sis once again its d beginning of a new wk as d days go by one by one we all will give our testimonies in Jesus name, AMEN mamtrps welcome o whr av u been inshort whr d roaster na me go call out name make i see whether u no go de show face evrydy,amen i claim ur prayer for me after i don born d octuplet u go follow mama come do omugwo angry. Tutu congrats we de follow u for back we too will give our testimonies too d Lord is forever wonderful,enaeni u for do pt o,so u can see a dr,congrats in advance girl just cross ur mind u will be surprised its +.remain blessed y'all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lizzyslaw(f): 6:54am On Feb 04, 2013
@Adetunrayo, Big Congrats. May u have a peacefull 40weeks.

Update: Have gotten to page 90 of the thread, still reading through but seriously psched.

Have realised that there is so much investigation I still need to do on myself. Like...am I ovulating? Is my internal lining below the required 7mm or up to 9mm. Is the multiple uterian fibroid issue resolved? E.t.c

Till date I have let others take control of my fertility and been blown around by the wind. Mummy: come and see me, we r going somewhere. Me: yes mummy. Some months later, Daddy: I want to see u and ur hubby asap. Me: Yes Daddy.(Zoom, jump in d car and we r there going straight to God knows where) MIL, BIL...JEEEZ!!! What was I thinking?

Granted, all the calls were made out of love and concern.(My family and inlaws have truly been wonderful but...)

Today I take charge of my fertility. Recently hv been taking pregnacare conception but as soon as AF arrives I stop all else. Will resume today and find a new and better doc to talk to.

Have ordered ovacue fertility monitor and fertile focus. Will try to determine if and when I ovulate as d first stage of my renewed journey.

Baby dust to all. Muah!

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 10:05am On Feb 04, 2013
@ Safe06 amen and thanks

@LadyG...i bought ovulation prediction kit...(OPK) by dr Greg, cuz i think its easier to read than Predicte. I started checking from CD11 and got a positive on CD 15/ I tried the OPK again yesterday (CD16 and got a negative).

I have also been charting my temperature using a basal thermometer and it has been 36.6 mostly, however on CD15& 16 it dipped to 36.5 and today it was 37.0 so its safe to say i ovulated yesterday as temps generally rise after ovulation but I'll confirm over the next 4 days. Also all the twinges, bloatedness and left side cramps has disappeared and most importantly, the midcycle spotting that has plagues me on CD14 normally did not happen this cycle ...

@ :Lizzylaw...right steps....good luck
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by HawtMummie(f): 10:07am On Feb 04, 2013
@lizzy nothing can be compared to you taking charge of your body. With God, nothing is impossible. Knowledge is key.

My sistas, is anything wrong in going in for anoda degree programme(Nursing Science) while am still TTC? Still in my twenties, got the time and Energy for it, zeal too. But, scared of being perceived as "selfish" by family members, inlaws esp. Should I keep my dream on hold cos my baby isn't here yet? I want my baby to meet a Happy/Successful Mom. Is this being selfish

I confirmed that
The school isn't biased to preggy women(when it finally happens! Hopefully!!).
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 10:09am On Feb 04, 2013
@HAwtmommie, i dont think your life should standstill cuz you are TTC..i will say follow your dreams, just discuss with your husband and make sure you guys are in agreement..goodluck
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greenfruits(f): 11:45am On Feb 04, 2013
joesQ: hello my dear sis once again its d beginning of a new wk as d days go by one by one we all will give our testimonies in Jesus name, AMEN mamtrps welcome o whr av u been inshort whr d roaster na me go call out name make i see whether u no go de show face evrydy,amen i claim ur prayer for me after i don born d octuplet u go follow mama come do omugwo angry. Tutu congrats we de follow u for back we too will give our testimonies too d Lord is forever wonderful,enaeni u for do pt o,so u can see a dr,congrats in advance girl just cross ur mind u will be surprised its +.remain blessed y'all.

My paddy how has it been, what about the concoction u were drinking? pls let me know hw its been with and if there is any side effects, cos i just finish that welwoman today
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hawtmummie,go for ur drimz don't let ttc deny u ur drimz. Where God says "be" it will be,no matter how long u try. So talk to Ʊя̩̥̊ booboo n reach an agreement. Best of luck babes.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 1:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hawtmummie, favored gal is so so right, ur life cant stand still cos u r ttc, i wish i had something to distract me that much, infact am also thinking of enrolling for a prog, go for it babe if its all right with Hubby.
Ok ladies just for laughs:
A seventy-five-year old year old man went to his doctor to get a sperm count.
The doctor gave the man a jar and said, "Take this jar home and bring me back a semen sample tomorrow."
The next day the seventy-five-year old man reappeared at the doctor's office and gave him the jar, which was as clean and empty as he had received it on the previous day.
"Where's the sample?" said the Doctor.
"Well, doctor, it's like this," the man explained. "First I tried with my right hand, but that didn't work. Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing. Then I asked my wife for help. She tried with her right hand, then her left, still no joy. She even tried with her mouth, first withthe teeth in, then with her teeth out, and still nothing."
"I see.." said the Doctor dubiously."Then what did you do?"
"Well, I asked my sixteen year old neice to lend a hand, but she failed too, even when she took it betweenher legs and squeezed it really hard."
"Her legs!" exclaimed the doctor, appalled.
"So I went next door to Eileen, and she tried too, first with both hands, then both armpits in turn and she even tried rolling it between her knees, but still nothing.
"You asked your neighbour?" cried the shocked doctor.
"The old man replied, "Yes, but no matter what we tried we still couldn't get the bloody jar open!"

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sorry double post
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by biolabee(m): 1:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
Pink22: Sorry double post

pinky this is funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by joesQ(f): 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
grin pink222 no kill me wit laff,good one,my sis greenfruits no side effect o for d concoction chei its d bicabonate nd lime u tlking abt? I pray it has strtd doin somethn sha, i take it first thing in the mrn with time il be taking it mrn nd night. @ hawtmummy make enquiries first before goin ahead,its a good idea. @ all may God answer our prayers.amen by the way whr is alwys tru?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2013
@JoesQ, Nor be ALWAYS? cool ₪a̶̲̥̅̊ Belle tinZ ooo!!! grin grin grin . And she d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ knack join am undecided . Madamme wen her 'Generator d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ do overheat' lipsrsealed . Abeg Hurry and Exhalt Your pple ojare for We are Hungry for God's Words of Comfort and Hope. @Pink22, kai Ɣ☺ΰ just made my mind to think dirty n all for NOTHING!!! Choi, Ɣ☺ΰ too funny, thumbs up!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by HawtMummie(f): 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
I digwe(greetings in Urhobo dialect) for all ur replies. @favrdgal, @pinky@jo@safe @every1. Baby dust to us all. This is our season of unprecedented joy. This concoction stuff, wey include Lime so.......isn't Lemon better? Cos I read Lemon is more richly packed with vitamins and riboflavin whhich is essential for total welllness and fertility too.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by HawtMummie(f): 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
I digwe(greetings in Urhobo dialect) for all ur replies. @favrdgal, @pinky@jo@safe @every1. Baby dust to us all. This is our season of unprecedented joy. This concoction stuff, wey include Lime so.......isn't Lemon better? Cos I read Lemon is more richly packed with vitamins and riboflavin which is essential for total welllness and fertility too.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Oya ooo,profs in fertility nutrition answer ooo hawt mummy oooo.
Pink222,kai diz kain ur joke no good when my husby no dey ere ooo,as I dey read am na so my tininitanana dey shake till I reach d last line wey just break my tininitanana heart. No try am again oooo. Lolz.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by PRETTYMOMMA: 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hi all
Just stopped by to say welcome to all the newbies and congrats in advance to the new mums in the making.

This year shall not pass anyone by ijn.Amen

Am sorry if its not my place but I just wanna encourage everyone that is on a clomid cycle that if u can afford to, let your dr monitor ur ovulation for you via scans. And if possible, let him give you a trigger to ensure the egg is released when the mature eggs are sighted.

If u don't want to do this, then time the inter.course AND ask ur DH to remain inside after he releases,until the e.rect.ion deflates.

If you do not have enuf cm and ur dh does not want it too wet and slippery, then use a pea-sized amount of the preseed and insert it inside then rub a little on the surface to assist entry.

Also if u like wearing tight clothes, try and make sure nothing is pressing the walls of ur uterus incase it presses against the implantation spot (not likely to affect it but what is the sense in taking chances when passing thru this ttc this journey..Like I always say, I stopped wearing panties and till today the moment I wear it, I start having cramps undecided . So cycling short/tights are my new friends for now).

I stopped all the helter skelter that comes with my job. I imagined that I was an egg trying to implant and started walking gingerly so as not to disrupt activities. I started wearing flats and loose work clothes, belting the clothes up to avoid looking like MaryAmaka. No more running up and down the stairs at work and at home in the bid to lose some weight.

ABOVE ALL, Pray, pray and pray! Wake up at midnight or at 3am to pray. Cos at the end of the day, its God that does it! Anytym I pass my barely used carton of Soft-cups, I realise what God did for me cos the cycle I got the bfp, I tried to but ended up not using the Soft Cups.

Also make sure that you improve your diet to be more healthy in the month you are using fertility treatments. Some people say when dey didn't stress or mind their food/alcohol intake, that's when it happened for them! Me? I stressed about food intake and ran away from even the occasional Red Wine too! I was actually TRYING to watch my weight and ate fruits when I could. Although I didn't take Oranges cos I once had a missed period return after taking many Oranges.

I stopped eating my favourite Nkwobi/Isi Ewu in the months I took Clomid. I heard it doesn't affect but I didn't want all that 'Konw' (shebi that's what is called Potash) in my system cos I happened to see how its being made one day.

Most of what I did then, I got from different experiences on this thread and online. Then I got advise from some friends I made here too.
This is why I decided to come in today just incase any of this may help anyone here one way or another.

I pray for breakthroughs this year for all the ladies in this thread. This year will not pass anyone by. Miracles will come and they shall be permanent! We pray for the Lord to wipe all tears and compensate everyone.

I shout a loud CONGRATS to Blendy77!! My sister the Lord has done this great thing and it is marvelous in our sights! I wish you happy child-rearing (((HUG)))

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
Amos 9:13
The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when the reaper will be overtaken by the plowman and the planter by the one treading grapes. New wine will drip from the mountains and flow from all the hills.

Hmmmmmn, I was asking the Lord to lead me where His word will speak today and He led me here. This verse may have many interpretations but this interpretation spoke to me.
Have you ever heard where people already reaping/harvesting are being overtaken by those that were sowing?
Or the person already planting is being overtaken by the guy that was still threading his grapes to extract the seed to use to plant again while also extracting wine?

Have you ever heard of overtakers anointing? It is in the house today? Hmmmm, I have holy pity for those women that want triplets o, those women that are looking at themselves today saying Lord, will I have children, my mates have 2 or 3 because you that hasn't even started giving birth will have more children that those already with all the children they need. The bible has said it. Isaiah 54:1-2.
Infact when others have gone ahead to get pregnant for their third and you are completing to wean your first, you will get pregnant again and have triplets.
Please look at that verse and tell me that is not overtaking.
God Himself has said wine will flow from all the hills. None shall be barren in the land.
Hold steadfastly to the Lord because He will do what He has said and will leave you overwhelmed with children that He will give you grace to take care of. It is settled.

@mewbies, welcome. The more we are on this thread at this time, the more the mass exodus to pregnancy thread.
Never let anything take who God has made you to be away from you. Yes you are waiting now for your baby, do not put your life on hold, do not live a pitiful life please, because the children you will have will go on to live their own lives, what will you do when they no longer need you. Be yourslef and live life because children are on the way.

@JoesQ, Pink22, Greenfruits, Able Mamatriplets, Ebony13, Hawtmummie, Uteh, Slimphemmie, Aladunni, I dey greet all of una. I was focused on other things jare forgive my absence. That was a funny joke by the way.

@MamaTriplets, LoL. You are a clown o. You just like my name too much. Hia! You sef dissappear from here na? U don forget Saturday prayers ne? Hope ground dey level for your side o.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 8:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
Una mind too think dirty things. Wetin una dey imagine B4 sef? Anyway my hands are clean o lol!
Alwaysbaby thats a wonderful piece i needed it o
MamaT leaf me hand o
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lizzyslaw(f): 10:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
@Hawtmummie,
Thanks Sis. Have seized control already. Am with u on improving oneself. We should seize d opportunity cos once dy come, we are more likely to focus on them and abandon everytin else. At least for some time. Am thinking of doing sometin myself.
@Pink22
ROTFLMAO, u no go fit kill person. Anyway, I read somewhere on d thread that laughter is the best madicine for us.

Update: I mentioned earlier dt for a long time I hv stopped experiencing the EWCM shebi. Imagine feeling ds wetness earlier in the day and on getting home I met DH with a twinkle in his eyes. wink Decided to take d necessary precaution as adviced by GenBuhari earlier in d thread and went pee first. Took a chance and checked...lo and behold EWCM!!! shocked

Oº°˚˚°ºh boy! Didn't wait for DH to make moves Oº°˚˚°ºh! Pounced on him straight up grin.

I don't think I hv seen EWCM in over 2 yrs. Am still lying since then. No getting up for me.

Truck loads of baby dust to all. Muah!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LadyGuinivere: 7:25am On Feb 05, 2013
So after clomid I started Guainifesen , two spoons three times daily. Seeing some improvement in d CM. Still. Praying for a real sticky bean this month o! BTW clomid turned me into a real b.tc. Snapping at everybody and biting heads off. Ha!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 7:59am On Feb 05, 2013
[color=#990000][/color],lolz lizzyslaw,hope say u no break ur DH back sha?lolz. For cervical mucus U̶̲̅ can try M2-tone,it works magic,it waz ones prescribed to м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊ by my doc when I waz complaining of severe cramps,I noticed d only thing it did waz to incriz my CM bur dint solve d cramp issue so I stopped.
Let's start learning new dance steps o,coz we shall av so many reasons to dance diz year insha Allah. Amin.sparkling baby dust to us all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LadyGuinivere: 8:03am On Feb 05, 2013
lizzyslaw: @Hawtmummie,
Thanks Sis. Have seized control already. Am with u on improving oneself. We should seize d opportunity cos once dy come, we are more likely to focus on them and abandon everytin else. At least for some time. Am thinking of doing a PHD myself.
@Pink22
ROTFLMAO, u no go fit kill person. Anyway, I read somewhere on d thread that laughter is the best madicine for us.

Update: I mentioned earlier dt for a long time I hv stopped experiencing the EWCM shebi. Imagine feeling ds wetness earlier in the day and on getting home I met DH with a twinkle in his eyes. wink Decided to take d necessary precaution as adviced by GenBuhari earlier in d thread and went pee first. Took a chance and checked...lo and behold EWCM!!! shocked

Oº°˚˚°ºh boy! Didn't wait for DH to make moves Oº°˚˚°ºh! Pounced on him straight up grin.

I don't think I hv seen EWCM in over 2 yrs. Am still lying since then. No getting up for me.

Truck loads of baby dust to all. Muah!
I hope you haff stand up now! grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lizzyslaw(f): 8:30am On Feb 05, 2013
@ all
GD MORN (grinning from ear to ear)
@ Lady Guinivere. Eventually stood up ds morn after a blissfull sleep. Didn't stop me from hving another go this morn sha! tongue. Just to be safe cheesy cheesy
safe06: [color=#990000][/color],lolz lizzyslaw,hope say u no break ur DH back sha?lolz. For cervical mucus U̶̲̅ can try M2-tone,it works magic,it waz ones prescribed to м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊ by my doc
grin, I was gentle on him Oº°˚˚°ºh! I still need am for long time so I get to take care. The M2-tone, I will look into it. Thanks all.

It is well. Baby dust to all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flakeey(f): 9:39am On Feb 05, 2013
good morning All, been a while on here, hope everybody is cool.

welcome all our new sisters, the Lord will answer us all speedily, this year, this thread shall be loaded with testimonies of BFPs IJMN.

@our preggy moms, the Lord will be with you and see you through IJN.

@Alwaystrue, as you always water us, the Lord will continue to water you back, weldone sis.

@Lizzyslaw, babe i fear you o, easy on him jare, no break his back *lol*

@All, make una no vex o but want to ask a silly question here, hubby is looking forward to what i will give him for Val, he said and i quote last nite 'you dare not give me all those boxers and undies for val and mind you i dont want perf this time'.*lol* so, my dear sisters, what can one give to hubby for Val? let's say something between the range of N5k to N10K.

sprinking lots of babydusts to y'all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greenfruits(f): 10:04am On Feb 05, 2013
@Lizzyslaw u funny ooooooo, wish u success announcement in few weeks.

@JoesQ I forget say na soda i want take o, na pragnacare conception i bought with parlodel(bromocriptin), cos i still dey see water wen i press my nipple, i take bromocriptin in d eve and pragnacare in the morning

@Alwaystrue thanks more will come from where dis is coming from. God bless u

@mamat well done i dey hail ooooo

@all Goodmorning, am taking charge i will pocess my pocession this yr will not pass me, I wish everyone babydust
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greenfruits(f): 10:08am On Feb 05, 2013
Flakeey: good morning All, been a while on here, hope everybody is cool.

welcome all our new sisters, the Lord will answer us all speedily, this year, this thread shall be loaded with testimonies of BFPs IJMN.

@our preggy moms, the Lord will be with you and see you through IJN.

@Alwaystrue, as you always water us, the Lord will continue to water you back, weldone sis.

@Lizzyslaw, babe i fear you o, easy on him jare, no break his back *lol*

@All, make una no vex o but want to ask a silly question here, hubby is looking forward to what i will give him for Val, he said and i quote last nite 'you dare not give me all those boxers and undies for val and mind you i dont want perf this time'.*lol* so, my dear sisters, what can one give to hubby for Val? let's say something between the range of N5k to N10K.

sprinking lots of babydusts to y'all

Take him to his favourite spot on your bill tell him its only the two of u no friends, if not u go spend pass 10k o haha
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 10:24am On Feb 05, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]@lizzyslaw,lolz,gud ooo,coz we still need dem around to take care of dem kids ooo. I'm xpecting gud news from u u nxt mth oooo.
@flakeey,lolz @ d boxer thingy,guys don tire for d boxer thingy,as one of my friend once wrote "he buys u an i-phone,nd den u buy him a white singlet,boxers ,nd 2 white handkerchiefs,Ȋ̝̊̅§ he an atilogu dancer?". Lolz. U could get a nyc wristwatch for #10k,u could get a H n C shirt for #9k, u kuld get a beautiful pencild tie for #4k, u could get a beautiful plain mug n get his name inscribed on it. Inbtw,av u realy found out about d origin of valentine?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 11:12am On Feb 05, 2013
lizzyslaw: @ all
GD MORN (grinning from ear to ear)
@ Lady Guinivere. Eventually stood up ds morn after a blissfull sleep. Didn't stop me from hving another go this morn sha! tongue. Just to be safe cheesy cheesy

grin, I was gentle on him Oº°˚˚°ºh! I still need am for long time so I get to take care. The M2-tone, I will look into it. Thanks all.

It is well. Baby dust to all.

ha lizzybaby take it easy o. How ur sleep no go blissful after jumping ur hubby's bones , but u need sha, this shall not be in vain, it shall be fruitful IJN
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 11:19am On Feb 05, 2013
@Flakeey the suggestions Safe06 made are just perfect.
Except he wants something else o maybe non-stop jigijigi lol!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 05, 2013
Promo! Promo!! Promo!!! 50% price slash for IUI/IVF consultation/treatment @St Ives Specialist Hospital, 6, Maitama Sule Street, off Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos. Reg 4th feb-25th Feb 2013. For more information, please visit www.stivesng.com, E-mail: info@stivesng.com. Telephone: 08101688093, 08089138631, 07045958989
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cjnone2000yaho: 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hello ladies. I am new on this trend though I have been a silent reader. I have been married for 5yrs now still trying to conceive
used so many drugs both habal and english. done HSG. I took my time to go through most of the post, honestly Its soul lifting.
Please ladies has any one used M & M fertility centre in Navy Estate Abuja. if yes, what is your experience. I learnt the dr is experienced and was trained abroad. went their for an enquiry last week. seems his prices are so much on the high side. Those that used fertilaid Clinic Gwarimpa, pls has anyone gotten a BPF from their. kindly answer pls.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.