Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5417338 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 10:29am On Feb 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
I waz @ an orphanage yesterday,nd I waz so touched,seeing d number of beautiful smart kids der,saw 3 set of twins,I kuld not just help myself playing lyk a baby again,d thing wey make м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊ laff na 2 boys wey just no gree free м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊ to play with odas,na so dem dey jump ontop my head say make I carry dem,na so I turn to carrier oooo,till one of d girls came to chase dem away n said dey should leave her aunty alone,na from den d girl no free м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊ again,even when I waz leaving,she followed м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊ to d staircase n waz almost crying when I said gudbye,she brought out her hand from d gates again n said I should shake her,oh God,I felt tears well up my eyes,promised to visit her soon. Havnt bin able to take my mind off those kids since yesterday. God bless dem real good.
Sparkling baby dust on us all.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 15, 2013
Thank Ɣ☺ΰ everyone kiss kiss kiss . Choi ℓ̊ be Star oooo!!! grin tongue. Thank Ɣ☺ΰ , Thank Ɣ☺ΰ and Thank Ɣ☺ΰ .... ℓ̊ really Appreciate. @Alwaysbaby, ℓ̊ tot we had passed the stage of E-mail request (We did that before ₪a̶̲̥̅̊ undecided) Anyway ℓ̊ did Ɣ☺ΰ a mail on Fruitfulvine. Read and be Blessed grin cool . @All, am having the Best time of ma Life. Feeling so Much LOVE kiss kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cjnone2000yaho: 11:01am On Feb 15, 2013
good morning wonderful people
Hope you had a sweet Val day yesterday.
Godiyaalways, JoseO. thanks for your advice/encouragement
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 11:07am On Feb 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
@cjnone,try NISA premier,dey ar all about women.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 11:19am On Feb 15, 2013
Dearest MamaT, congrats o Hbd, abeg text me ur add make i come break my fast for ur place,lol!
@Alwaysbaby tanx how person go do .
Congrats o for the bfp babe i no fit scroll back am on fone
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
cjnone2000@yaho:

Pls ladies I still need answers to these questions:
Please do anyone know of a good gyne in abuja?.
Has anyone used falopio or laproscopy to unblock blocked tube? is Falopio available in Nigeria? if yes, where can one get it.
Is there any other means of unblocking blocked tube outside surgery?
my HSG shows I have bilateral hydrosalpinx and right sided tubal patency with peripheral pelvic adhesion.
baby dust on us all.
My dear,I feel ur frustration for unanswered questions. I too have asked a question on dis thread bt no one seems to acknowledege it too... I miss d likes of Udoka,Seanbell,Rocksqueen and some of d oda old posters ere...they dished out a lot of info dat was very beneficial. Then,I gained a lot from dem. Pls wherever u ladies mayb...may God see u thru and I pray u pop in once in a while. We really need to enlighten and educate ourselves more on dis thread pls..I knw its nt easy bt let's jst try,no info is wasted. Babydust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
rainyday:
My dear,I feel ur frustration for unanswered questions. I too have asked a question on dis thread bt no one seems to acknowledege it too... I miss d likes of Udoka,Seanbell,Rocksqueen and some of d oda old posters ere...they dished out a lot of info dat was very beneficial. Then,I gained a lot from dem. Pls wherever u ladies mayb...may God see u thru and I pray u pop in once in a while. We really need to enlighten and educate ourselves more on dis thread pls..I knw its nt easy bt let's jst try,no info is wasted. Babydust.

You need to consider that people may not just have the answer to your question not that they are ignoring or not acknowledging you. For instance, i live in Lagos, i dont know a gyne in Abuja.

As per your hubs sperm count, pls read previous threads,a lot of info has been given on how to boost sperm count. As for your heavy menses, i suggest you talk to your gyneo about it and lets hear what he will say. Baby dust

Happy birthday MamaT. God's blessings on you
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 15, 2013
cjnone2000@yaho:

Pls ladies I still need answers to these questions:
Please do anyone know of a good gyne in abuja?.
Has anyone used falopio or laproscopy to unblock blocked tube? is Falopio available in Nigeria? if yes, where can one get it.
Is there any other means of unblocking blocked tube outside surgery?
my HSG shows I have bilateral hydrosalpinx and right sided tubal patency with peripheral pelvic adhesion.
baby dust on us all.

Felopio is not a proven drug, can't even call it a drug sef. You will see very few testimonials online. If it was proven, it would be very popular, this is my opinion. I don't know if felopio is available in Naijs.
Some surgeons say they can open a blocked tube through laparoscopy, again success rate is low, most times the tube closes back.
Some people have gotten pregnant after flushing the tube, but I think those people just had dirt or debris blocking the tube not hydrosalpinx.
If you have hydrosalpinx, unblocking the tube isnt the solution. Hydrosalpinx is fluid in the tubes. Most times the tubes have to be clipped or removed especially if doing ivf cos the fluid is toxic to an embryo.
My advice to you is to look into doing ivf, ivf was really for those that have tube problems.
Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
rainyday:

This is not fair to the wonderful ladies on this thread. This is a support group not a Drs group. If your questions are not answered, dont be angry, it only means the ladies here can't answer your question.
I for one, did not see your question, if you can ask again, i will do my best to answer you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greenfruits(f): 2:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
HAPPY MAMA TRIPLET

I just google the castor oil, see what i got below, will try dis weekend

How to use a castor oil pack?
Be sure when doing a castor oil pack to wear old clothes and place a towel under you as well. Castor oil is very thick, and it will stain.

1.Warm the castor oil in a non-metallic pot – I recommend glass as a double boiler & do not microwave it!
2.Soak an un-dyed, unbleached flannel, cotton or wool pack aprox. 12” X 18” (the size of a pillow case is perfect. If you want to use something old around the house like a pillow case though please make sure it has been washed many, many times. Castor oil is very drawing and we wouldn’t want you to draw bleach or dyes towards your body.)
3.Place the soaked cloth on your abdomen covering from the bottom of the breast bone down over the groin. You want to make sure that the liver, abdomen and lymph nodes in the groin are covered.
4.Cover with a dry cloth (traditionally it was said to use plastic, but like I said castor oil is drawing and we all know that plastic is bad in combination with heat. Right?
5.Place a warm hot water bottle or flax filled heating pack on top of the dry cloth (I do NOT recommend using anything with an electrical current on your body ESPECIALLY when trying to conceive)
6.Lay back and relax- this is a useful time to do meditation, visualization or any sort of spiritual practice.
7.You want to leave the castor oil pack on for a minimum of 20 minutes though it is so relaxing that often times I just go to sleep with it on.
8.After use store the castor oil pack in a cool dry place. I find that a large mason jar or glass kitchen container with a lid is great for storage. (Again, I’m not a fan of plastic.)
9.Repeat a castor oil pack 3 times a week * unless otherwise recommended by your health practitioner.
10.After about 10-20 uses discard the castor oil pack and start again. You may want to add additional castor oil to the pack each time to ensure that it is fully saturated.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
Happy Birthday MamaT, wishing you many wonderful years ahead.
Hope all mama's in the making are doing well and keeping faith.
I havent been active online for a while but you all are in my prayers.
I just came on to reply to the questions being asked so that it wont be as if no one wants to answer.
Baby dust to all, please keep the testimonies coming.
Did anyone catch the news on yahoo yesterday of a lady that went to the emergency room complaining of stomach pain and instead gave birth? She didnt know she was pregnant. Married 24 years to her sweetheart, Drs told her she cant get pregnant.
We wont have to wait that long before our prayers are answered In sha Allah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
@beloved1993,u ar so on point,
@cjnone,in addition to wat beloved wrote,most hydrosalphinx Ȋ̝̊̅§ due to STDs which were not fully treated,u never can tell d extent of the infection,so d best advice drs give iz tub removal nd also d adhesions coz it kuld also be causing pelvic pains,with diz condition u can't even contemplate ivf coz d fluid iz dangerous to d babys environment,so I think its beta u just face it,av d adhesions n tubes removed n go for ur ivf,by God's grace u ll carry ur babies,amin.
Mamatriplets,where our nkwobi n odeku ooooooo
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
@greenfruits, whats the castor oil used for?

@July16th, ore I sight you. How are you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by muma(f): 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
@greenfruits, when i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ Τ̣̣ђё best tyme to do it, after AF or before. Pls reply
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 3:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Castor oil Ȋ̝̊̅§ an anti-inflammatory light yellow oil used both for industrial purposes nd therapeutically. Its used to treat parkinsons disease,arthritis,menstral disorders,yeast infection,athletes foot,etc. Its also used to induce labor,so pregnant women ar not adviced to take it except with doctors prescription. Overdose causes diarhhoea,constipation,vommiting.Most pharmacies dnt sell it without drs prescription,its d industrial castor-oil u ll see der.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
safe06: [color=#990000][/color]
Castor oil Ȋ̝̊̅§ an anti-inflammatory light yellow oil used both for industrial purposes nd therapeutically. Its used to treat parkinsons disease,arthritis,menstral disorders,yeast infection,athletes foot,etc. Its also used to induce labor,so pregnant women ar not adviced to take it except with doctors prescription. Overdose causes diarhhoea,constipation,vommiting.Most pharmacies dnt sell it without drs prescription,its d industrial castor-oil u ll see der.

Thanks. Seems I didnt word my question well. What I meant was, what is it used for in the ttc scheme. menstrual pain or what? I guess I missed the post where castor oil was discussed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Beloved1993,I'm not sure wat role castor oil plays in ttc,bur for d menstrual disorder,it normalizes d period n reduce cramping a bit,its also used to massage d body,incase of period cramping u rub d oil on ur tommy n place ur hot water bottle on it. Bur I rilly wnt advice ingesting it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chokl8y: 4:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and I am surprised at how many women are here. I thought it was only oyibo people that have problems with ttc. smiley Truth is I am tired and it's like it has taken over my life. I am now in a constant state of de-motivation. I have checked almost all the ttc sites and forums that the internet offers. If anyone had told me it was going to be this hard, I would have laughed it off. After years of contraceptives. angry My doctor seems to not see anything wrng and I have been ttc for over a year. I have added about 10kg since I started trying. And that is not good for fertilty. undecided

I cry anytime I see Af. I check my body for symptoms all the time. And now, I am tired. Phew! Feels good to finally get this off my chest cos I have never really told anyone and my DH thinks I am worrying too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Chokl8y,u ar gonna b fyn,relax urself n allow ur body follow its natural course,dnt stress it. If uv done comprehensive tests n sure u n ur dh gats no problem,den b relaxed n try shed uneccessary weight ooo. Enjoy ur weekend.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chokl8y: 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
Thanks @ safe 06. I have not done a comprehensive test. I'll do that next week. I was a old to wait till after a year. I am just happy I found this forum.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by VENUSS(f): 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
Beloved1993:

Thanks. Seems I didnt word my question well. What I meant was, what is it used for in the ttc scheme. menstrual pain or what? I guess I missed the post where castor oil was discussed.
it is like a fertility massage, for relaxation and to enhance the reproductive organs. what a coincidence cos i actually stumbled on a similar article this morning ,had to bookmark the page.
happy birthday mama.T.
baby dust to us all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LadyGuinivere: 7:18pm On Feb 15, 2013
Y we come quiet like ds? Ow una valentine be?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by joesQ(f): 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
hello ladies ow was val day?chok18y u r welcome to this forum u need not worry at all cos it wont help u,take it easy u will be pregnant before u know it just relax pls.@ muma castor oil treatment shld be done immeditely u end ur period to when u ovulate once u ovulate u shld stop it pregnant women are not to use it. @ safe06 good job keep it up.remain blessed y'all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 7:47am On Feb 16, 2013
Castor oil is used in the manner mentioned here to enhance and tone the reproductive system, it is also for any form of inflammation i.e. Fibroids, cysts etc, it shrinks/kills them.
Am also planning on starting the self massage as soon as the witch is outta here.
@Chockl8y, how could u think only whities have issue with ttc, we should be surprised that they do at all with all the technology available for them. Welcome jare my sis, let us know the outcome of ur tests, but for now, take vex remove all that excess weight, na so i vex for ending of Dec and by Jan ending i lost 5kg and still going down. If u are interested let me know so i can tell you what i did or rather what am doing to loose weight.
Hi every one @MamaT how about prayers tonite any show?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 16, 2013
Hello Mothers of Wonderful Children, ℓ̊ want to first & Foremost thank every one that sent me beautiful wishes on my Special Day. Becos Ɣ☺ΰ made me smile, Ɣ☺ΰ will have cause to Laugh this year, Amen. @Safe06, Ɣ☺ΰ d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ find Nkwobi & Odeku abi? Shebi ℓ̊ said that all road leads to ma house, Ɣ☺ΰ for ©º♏Є ♍åkє̲ ℓ̊ groove Ɣ☺ΰ cheesy cheesy cheesy @Pink22, ℓ̊ send Ɣ☺ΰ to fast undecided Abeg nuffin 4 Ɣ☺ΰ ooo!!! grin @rainyday, wat Ɣ☺ΰ said is so unfair. Person d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ talk wetin e know notin abt? Even d pple Ɣ☺ΰ mentioned are tired of repeating themselves as there is no question that has not been answered on this thread. Whenever ℓ̊ have a question ℓ̊ simply google Nairaland ttc n my question. Old threads from here concerning my issue pops up. Abeg Jomaotor!!! @Always, ℓ̊ earnestly await Your response. Lets not forget to continue to share TIPS FOR CONCEPTION. @All, there will be Prayer Nite tonight as Usual. We will Call on the Giver of Children for Our Own Inheritance. It is POSSIBLE!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by phewme(f): 9:07am On Feb 16, 2013

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by phewme12: 10:28am On Feb 16, 2013
@cjone, I responded to ur inquiry on felopio, unfortunately my post was hidden(phewme) and I found out I was unable to reply. I had to create another profile. You can send me an email phewme12@gmail.com.

@all. The ttc tips shared on this thread are great. May Almighty God grant us all our heart desires.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 11:40am On Feb 16, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
@joesq,thanx.
@mamatriplet,e neva too late ooo,na now d nkwobi go sweet wella
@ all,we ar all going to carry our babies,let's kip d faith. Sparkling baby dust on us all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by joesQ(f): 11:43am On Feb 16, 2013
mrn all,abeg pink22 share wit me ow to loose d weight na,cos i need to shed some weight off,mamatrps ad u no send chei make we no follow chop d cake?abi?anyway thank God say u don come back to our good old loving mamatrps.always show face na op u no de vex like me as mamatrps no send address to her place for d groove.@ all i encourage us to be fervent in prayers nd believe dat very soon its going to happen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
JoesQ no mind mamaT, i never get muscle for her yet.
What i did was i cut off refined foods including sugar, rice, semo, dairies including egg, milk icecream to eliminate estrogen which fibroid feeds on. I take lots of veggies and fruits , ofada rice , pure wheat instead of semo , before i knew it people started saying am loosing weight and when i weight i came down to 85kg from 90kg and now am down to 78kg

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chokl8y: 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2013
Pink 22. Wow!!! I want to be like you ooo shocked Thank you. It is like we are or were both in the same weight range. I currently weigh 89 but I want to go down to 75, my ideal weight. I also had it in mind to cut down all kinds of carbs but like I said, I had it IN MIND grin...abeg no be laughing mata o... Anyway, I will from today start my own carb elimination process. But how about your energy level? Dont you feel tired more than normal?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by agiboma(f): 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2013
safe06: [color=#990000][/color]
I waz @ an orphanage yesterday,nd I waz so touched,seeing d number of beautiful smart kids der,saw 3 set of twins,I kuld not just help myself playing lyk a baby again,d thing wey make м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊ laff na 2 boys wey just no gree free м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊ to play with odas,na so dem dey jump ontop my head say make I carry dem,na so I turn to carrier oooo,till one of d girls came to chase dem away n said dey should leave her aunty alone,na from den d girl no free м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊ again,even when I waz leaving,she followed м̣̣̥̇̊ε̲̣̣̣̥̊ to d staircase n waz almost crying when I said gudbye,she brought out her hand from d gates again n said I should shake her,oh God,I felt tears well up my eyes,promised to visit her soon. Havnt bin able to take my mind off those kids since yesterday. God bless dem real good.

I visited orphanges frequently a few years ago as i was confident that i was fed up with the TTC and just wanted a child, so i decided to adopt. I enjoyed the visits so much often bought the kids candy and some money for the staff, it made me feel better. Just as i was about to start the paperwork i fell pregnant with my son, he's now 2 1/2 and expecting my second and last next month. I still will not give up on adoption I think its wonderful and perhapes in a few years I may go through and adopt a child.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.