Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5408625 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 9:15pm On May 18, 2013
shithapuns: dear fruitful mummies in the house, how do you cope with poor er,ection from dh during ovulation window?, my dh brain is a mini pc, so that style of saying dont let him know ur cycle wont work, cos he knows my cycle, since its regular 29/30 days every time?......the poor er,ection doesnt happen all the time, but when it does..i feel kinda depressed and feel he might be finding me unattractive or something

some1 suggested using lubricants n attempt to self service him...

Your profile is a bit confusing as you were posting as a man initially

Anyways as per ur question, this one hes got your cycle memorized isnt too good as it puts unnecessary pressure on a man to perform. So i dont think its a case of him not finding you attractive.

You can try the lubricants if that works for him but il suggest oral...works for most men
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Oct20: 9:19pm On May 18, 2013
@dreamsinbc....am fine sweetie.am just too to post,i just dey read una post silently.hw is ur wkend?oga at d top nko?pls,i neva try dat pizza recipe.
@all...fruitful mommies in d house.am in for the prayers too.Tommorrow is our covenant day of fruitfulness nd am happy cos i knw dis mnth is our mnth.God wil remember us nd gv us all our heart desires.
@santagelo...sir,i snt u an email.hw is madam doing?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bolanlevivian: 9:20pm On May 18, 2013
Shitapuns, when you are near your ovulation, avoid sex mutually with your dh until you are two days close to your ovulation, by then his errection will be strong.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by HawtMummie(f): 10:28pm On May 18, 2013
[color=Nifedipine

Nifedipine is a high blood pressure (hypertension) and migraine medication taken as a daily pill. The drug is manufactured by six major pharmaceutical companies, including Pfizer (Procardia), Aventis (Cardizem) and Bayer (Adalat). Nifedipine belongs to a class of drugs known as calcium channel blockers (CCBs). Verampamil hydrochloride is another CCB, and it may have similar contraceptive effects. Verampamil is manufactured by Searle (Calan), Knoll Pharmaceuticals (Isoptin) and Wyeth-Ayerst (Verelan).

Dr. Susan Benoff of New York University ’s North Shore Hospital was the first to recognize nifedipine’s contraceptive effect. Dr. Benoff was working at the hospital’s infertility clinic in 1992 when a couple sought fertility treatment after multiple rounds of failed in vitro (test tube) fertilization. Under a microscope, the husband’s sperm appeared normal, but tests showed that the sperm were missing an important binding chemical (mannose lectin), and that the sperm membranes contained higher than normal amounts of cholesterol (Benoff 1999 and 2001). When the husband switched to a different high blood pressure medication, the sperm membrane cholesterol level dropped and the couple was able to conceive within months (Hershlag 1995). Dr. Benoff reviewed her records and found that in quite a few previously mysterious cases of infertility, the men had been taking nifedipine.

How does it work?

CCBs are prescribed to those suffering from high blood pressure because they partially block the calcium channels in the cells of the heart and blood vessels. These calcium channels are tiny voltage gates across cell membranes that convey the electrical signals used by muscles to contract and relax. CCBs slow down the rate of calcium exchange, causing the circulatory system muscles to relax, and blood pressure levels to decrease.

CCBs also partially block the calcium channels within the cell membranes of sperm. This affects sperm function rather than production. A man taking nifedipine produces a normal amount of sperm, and the sperm appear functional when viewed through a microscope. But in vitro tests show that these sperm cannot fertilize an egg.

I got this while researching online! My dh has been on this drug for almost two years now!!! aπϑ we never suspected that its this dangerous! Oh lawd!!! Still researching, I'l be back.(Sobs)][/color]
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 11:13pm On May 18, 2013
Blue film What won't we see in this Nairaland. Pls na fore play you and your DH need not blue film.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by berrybass(f): 11:41pm On May 18, 2013
sorry double post
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by berrybass(f): 11:43pm On May 18, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sotum2: 12:26am On May 19, 2013
Hello all the future mumies in the house, i have been reading this thread for long, just decided to join today, I hope i am accepted here, this thread have encouraged me so much, me and my wife have been trying for the past 5years and things are getting worse, sometime is as if i should kill myself because i am the only son of my mother and age is not on my wife's side.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 12:52am On May 19, 2013
@ berry bass, sometimes you have to teach your man the way to treat you. You've spoken to him, he doesn't listen and still carries on with his friend. He's chatting with ladies, this one don pass me. I'll advice you to go read back to Seanbells advice some months back. I think she adviced someone with very similar case.

@ Sotum,are you mad? You want to kill yourself because you don't have a child. Oga take am easy o. What if it was poverty? And you can't afford food or still you don't have a job. God doesn't give us a burden we can't bear o. Everybody dey carry one thing or the other. Anyway have you had tests done? Treatment? Just let us know what your medical condition is and we can be of help re prayers and gynaecologist.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chidima: 12:54am On May 19, 2013
@chi 16 Happy belated wedding annis. God has already blessed you with fruitfulness. Amen.

@berrybrass, i plead with you to stop worrying. Take your worries to God and drop them there. Never pick them up again. I know it is not easy. You have to learn to also work on yourself. I ve a feeling u are an emotional person. Channel those emotions only to love ur dh no matter what happens. May you receive joy in your spirit to do the extraordinary.

@ all let our hearts be filled with praises to God. For there is power in praising God. Our testimony is here . But we have to praise him more dan we are doing already. Pls take this seriously.

@ sumto2 , u are welcome. Pls don't kill urself oh. If u do, ur fine wife will just find anoda man marry while u go dey for inside fire. A beg chill. Nothing God no fit do. Myl, ve u seen doc, what are the results? someone here I believe can assist in some advice. God bless .
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Goldenbaby(f): 12:54am On May 19, 2013
sotum2: Hello all the future mumies in the house, i have been reading this thread for long, just decided to join today, I hope i am accepted here, this thread have encouraged me so much, me and my wife have been trying for the past 5years and things are getting worse, sometime is as if i should kill myself because i am the only son of my mother and age is not on my wife's side.
M̶̲̥̅y dear,Ɣ☺ΰ are highly welcome,Ɣ☺ΰ joining dis thread won't be in vain cos this is d month of GRACE,ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ wife will surely conceive,pls don't try thinking of killing urself,being d only son doesn't matter,jst pray so that d children ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ wife will gv birth to will be wonderful and that dey should bring favour to u and ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ household.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Goldenbaby(f): 1:01am On May 19, 2013
@berrybrass,all I have to tell you is to be more prayerful,let your love and caring towards ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ dh increase d more, believe me G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡D will never let you down!!!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chi16(f): 5:05am On May 19, 2013
@berrybass...pls my dearest sister,increase ur love for him. treat him like a king he is irrespective of his character towards u. u sha overcome these trials with prayer and supplication. may God give u heart and understand to handle the situation.
@chidima...tnx dear. God sha visit everyone in dis thread.
@sotum...God is ur strength. killing urself is not the best option.av u done any fertility test? if yes, pls feel free and post ur result here. we might b of help to u. it is wel wit u.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:15am On May 19, 2013
Thanks everyone, I'm much better and taking it a day at a time.

@berrybass, you need a lot of prayers and patience. I can't give much advice cos what works for me might not work for you. I don't ignore or not talk to dh cos I would lose that battle cos he is expert in silent treatment while I can't stand not making up after 5 mins past argument.
But I will tell you what my uncle told me after I got engaged. He said when he stays out late, go out with friends, ignore his wife maybe even maltreating her, when he gets back home late at night he always meets his wife praying and she will tell him welcome and give him food. She won't raise hell and won't fight with him. Finally, he checked himself cos he said its God his wife is praying to every night and he didn't want repercussions, and he was impressed with his wife not fighting with him or nagging him everytime.
I have seen the poo my aunt took from my uncle, and I can't take half of it. It takes a certain woman to handle certain men.
one thing my dh tells me is a good home is in the hand of the woman and a bad home is also in her hand, meaning that God gave us women the power to handle things. Our sister safe is an expert in that area.
I say you need patience cos as Yoruba say 'ko si nkan ti suru se ti', meaning patience can take care of many things, move mountains, cook stone sef.
I will not tell you to report ur dh to anyone, not even his parents, but some people believe that's a good solution, report to pastors, imam etc.
I beg u not to get mad, it will only make things worse, just continue being a good wife (I know that's hard when u r not happy), your dh will come around and you guys will live happily ever after. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 5:48am On May 19, 2013
@Sotum2, suicide ke? My hand no dey o! I'm glad you found this forum. You are encouraged to release that tension here. We are hear to laugh, cry, gist, pray, etc. The only death you will hear about here is that of our Lord, Jesus Christ. No, you can't kill yourself. What is the diagnosis? Please share with us. We can help, as Beetle said, with prayers (AlwaysTrue, etc), health (Beloved1993, etc), medicine advise (all of us, Dr. Google), bedroom affairs (the one and only Safe06), food affairs (Dreamsinbc...LMAO). If you need to talk to another man, our big bros (Santagelo25) full ground, ever ready to help. See? We are a complete package. Please smile, be rest assured that we will help in any way we possibly can.

@BerryBass, hugs. It's about feelings now. This is why I said I can't advise you without knowing details. Do you love him? Does he love you? If you feel the answer to both questions is yes, then you have work to do. You said he's caring and sweet, so it's probably a phase. What you can do is up the ante. By that I mean your bd life, kitchen things, home generally. I firmly believe that a woman is supposed to be a)a har.l.ot in the bedroom b)a chef in the kitchen c)an entertainer in the parlour.
I might not be the right person to advice you, but I'm anti-feminism when it comes to my dh. I choose to be married, I choose to keep my home, so I have to make some sacrifices. The day I don't want to be married anymore, I'll stop caring. So I ask you, do you think your marriage is worth fighting for? If you do, then it's up to you to make yourself happy. Safe's advice is invaluable here. As in seriously. Blow his mind! Employ tactics your mother would blush about if she heard. Pls DO NOT NAG. Cook the hell out of the kitchen for him. Do things in the bedroom you have never done before. Where does he want to get the strength to go out? Even if he does, he'll come home early when he remembers his hot wife. No dulling o! Please food is essential too. New dishes. Spice up your home life. Do your part well. Above all, get down on your knees and pray. Christian? Muslim? Pray the way you know how. Ask God to take control.
If you think your marriage is worth fighting for, grab the bull by the horns. Good luck dear.
@Oct 20, thanks for checking in. Oga at the top dey o, though na me dey on the top yesterday night sha! LMAO!!! Pls try the Pizza, add more cheese. Lemme know how it went.
@All, happy Sunday. Rest well, dtd well, cook well, God bless us, everyone!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 6:23am On May 19, 2013
@ Dreamsinc, see as you list all the experts with yourself included, we can help with food, lol. somebody dey talk suicide, dreaminc u dey talk food, pls i beg no kill person with laughter. You people no go kill me for Nairaland.

@ sotum, I think my ladies have all said it all. No suicide on this thread o. Na joy,happiness and plenty prayers fast and numerous support with a s. Also watch our for our in house comedian aka safelicious.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Iyabetajos(f): 7:02am On May 19, 2013
@hawtmummie
thanks a lot.dh has been on dis drug since 07.he needs to read
dis.@sotum pls calm dwn dear.my hubby is d only son too.it's well @berrybass pls dere should be no room for anger.pls pray my sister so dat anger might not becloud ur good judgement.ur man belongs to u so go get em.dreamsinbc heeen if i no fit comot for my kitchen door dh go cm catch u oh Badt gal u rock
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chokl8y: 7:34am On May 19, 2013
@ Pink 22, pls can a pregnant woman take Moringa tea? And what is the dosage? Cos me now, I dey see my self as pregnant woman. Let the devil be mad!!!

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tbaby4real(f): 7:37am On May 19, 2013
@ beloved mum I am happy you r good now. After all the trial you share celebrate. God is your strength.
@berrybass it is well with you my sister. You own your dh not his friends. You are a beautiful woman with a sexy figure use wat you have to get him back. God has given you the power( woman's power) you can use on him. Nagging or getting worry is not going to help at this point. If I may ask when last did you and your dh go for vacation, sometimes when you talk to them outside the house they listen more. Going for vacation will make him see the beauty he has and appreciate it more. Show him love, buy him gift , cook special meals this time. Try to get him closer. Above all use your kneel, pray to God, cry to Him and tell Him to take control of your family. You can also let me see you pray everyday. May God keep your home.
@Sotum suicide ke? Calm down....with God all things are easy and possible. We are complete house so talk to us and let's share experience together. It is well with you and your family.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:55am On May 19, 2013
@Beetle, wetin u wan make I talk na? At least as u don laff, na so Sotum go laff too, come forget that topic.
@Iyabeta, OYO is your state o! My hand no dey o. But portion control is the key. Just bake and freeze. Wrap well in foil and cling film, or in ziploc bags. That's all!
@Chokl8y, yay!!! That's it o! Make that idiot nack head for ground. Na b.as.ta.rd im be.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 7:56am On May 19, 2013
Hello my fruitful sisters and brothers. Udoka is finally back, thank you all for asking of me.

Just here today to thank God that today is my 6th year wedding anniversary! HE has been awesome in my marriage devil will forever be d looser!

I want to congrat HB, believers,champs etc for the birth of their little ones and also congratulate those that received from the outpouring of BFP in April and praying for more this May.

I really missed you all!

Watch out for my STORIES - Five pages reserved -lol-

Enjoy ur weekend!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Chokl8y: 8:01am On May 19, 2013
@ Sotum, Welcome dear, it is well with you. U have come to the right place. We habe very powerful women here. Pls I suggest you also introduce your wife to this forum. Take our prayer and fasting sessions seriously and remove doubt from ur mind.

@ All, God is with you always and even when you walk thru the valley of the shadow death...It is only a SHADOW! A lying vanity, a mirage, an illusion from the pit of hell. Tell yourselves, My Miracle is in my Hands. God has not given me the spirit of fear but of love and a sound mind. I can never be defeated!

And my favorite,

ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR MY GOOD! Anyhow it wants to be, whatever the signs and symptoms, it will all work out for my good! I can never be disadvantaged! Glory to God!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by safe06: 8:44am On May 19, 2013
@sotum,u are welcome here,incase u need my help,I have different options for suicide ooo,na d rope own?d rat poison?d battery?abi na d hug wet transformer?abeg quick choose make I for fit come chop akara. Na ur type go tie rope for neck when e don dey choke u,u go come quick commot am say u nearly die,dem no dey die for suicide?abeg commot mind from der kia kia,u wey be say u go no go die till Ʊя̩̥̊ 3 children born all ur grand pikins,just relax coz na now God wan start with u,no think evil again ooo,dead man no dey born pikin ooo.oya tell us ur test results,nd ur wifey too.
@berryblast,my beriberi swtheart,its well with u. D devil Ȋ̝̊̅§ a liar. Go down low nd pray,then follow my advice,be sexy babes,be sexy,nice hair,nice body spray,nice lingeries,healthy meals,try gisting with him,u both should gist about when u just met,gist about d excapades,gist about films,gist about imaginary things.its well with u.
@dreamsinbc,u b badt gal ooo,I don laff tire as u say na u dey ontop last nyt,u b case.
@beetle,I remain loyal. Lol.
@all,una happy sunday ooo,I just told my dh to come n do thorough check-up for my bori,as I dey typ,I don wear my baffday clothe. Heeheee,dh don turn general overseer ontop my bori oooo. Heheeheee
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 8:58am On May 19, 2013
Beetle, Hia! I love this new you o and always coming to post now. Correct...... Abi o, see us see blue film. If only people know what blue film causes, they will not bring it near their self. When bible talk say, when man look woman with lustful thoughts e dey commit adultery. When the husband begin to dey vex say the wife no dey perform the stunt or she no get shape reach the one for film, another wahala go start. The only sexual thoughts people should have has to be with their husband or wife. If you don't have it. Grow it. Safe don dey teach us things....make we apply am.

@somto, welcome. When you come kill yourself, wetin go happen to your mama? Do you know who children are? Does God reward with children because of the parents or because of the grandparents. Please you may need to study the word of God to know the essence of children first.

@Chokl8y, you are talking. Yes o, we don get belle. No shaking.

@Udoka, finally....welcome back. We await the epistle o.

@berrybas, I think you need inner joy first then external things will not determine your happiness. Please pray and focus on God, maintain a good attitude with your dh and God will give you divine peace and wisdom.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Rashybabe12(f): 9:01am On May 19, 2013
Amen!!

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:13am On May 19, 2013

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by olivia3d: 9:36am On May 19, 2013
My fruitful parents d joy of d Lord is our stregnth! Wether d devil likes it o not we must testify.
We will be fruitful vines by d side of our house and our children like olive plants around our table. God has decreed this already so it is ours in Jesus name!
@shithapuns try oral pre-intimacy 4 erection optimization grin come carry d thing put btw ur boobs & make sure dh is on his back flat o. Just do it 4 5mins & nobody go tell d erection. because dats how i dey do my own o.
Im off to church to praise baba God! Happr sunday!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Iyabetajos(f): 9:38am On May 19, 2013
DR MRS UDOKA WELCM BACK.D GREAT PHYSICIAN IS BACK.DREAMSINBC U FUNNY OOOO
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by olivia3d: 9:41am On May 19, 2013
Dis spelling auto correct is spoiling person's english o
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by marygold(f): 9:43am On May 19, 2013
UDOKAAAaaA0aaaaaaa!!!!welcome back!!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 9:55am On May 19, 2013
UdokaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back!!! We all missed you! Happy Wedding Anniversary! May the Almighty continue to bless your reunion. I'm awaiting your 5 page epistle. See as you disappear like Seanbell and she reappeared with pregnancy. Abi you don catch am?? And you resurfaced to come and tell us. Oya oya I dey wait.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 9:57am On May 19, 2013
@Beetle, Udoka is already pregnant. She announced it already. Na fear to give updated make her run all this while. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.