Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2853) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5404149 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) (2854) (2855) (2856) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by duchessgoddess(f): 8:46pm On Dec 06, 2020
[quote author=iamhistreasure post=96799749][/quote]

Thank you so much. Please, when you mean clomid didn’t work for you, do you mean you never ovulated with clomid or you didn’t conceive with it?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iamhistreasure: 2:02am On Dec 07, 2020
duchessgoddess:

Thank you so much. Please, when you mean clomid didn’t work for you, do you mean you never ovulated with clomid or you didn’t conceive with it?

Clomid didn't make me ovulate at all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by customizedme: 5:01am On Dec 07, 2020
duchessgoddess:
Good evening mamas. Please what is the best drug to induce menses with and regulate cycles immediately? Primolut n or some birth control pills? If birth control, would postinor 2 do the work? I took fertilaid which didn’t work for me and it made my cycle very irregular. I’m on CD32 now yet no ovulation Cycle before this was CD68. Yes, I have been tracking with strips and TVS.
Again, I used clomid about 3 years ago (4 cycles) and it didn’t work for me, even though it made me ovulate well. A gynae suggested letrozole, are they not same thing? Do they react same way? Are there people that didn’t conceive with clomid but did with letrozole? Please come to my aid oh. Hmmmm... thanks.
At the bolded,does it mean during tracking the eggs are not growing ?
Clomid helps in achieving ovulation n works best when used with another drug. letrozole is also good it has a milder side effect.Talking from someone who have used the two before,they don't react the same way but they achieve the same goal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by duchessgoddess(f): 8:21am On Dec 07, 2020
customizedme:

Clomid helps in achieving ovulation n works best when used with another drug. letrozole is also good it has a milder side effect.Talking from someone who have used the two before,they don't react the same way but they achieve the same goal.

No follicle was seen at all (that’s when taking Fertilaid).
Clomid helped me ovulate very well, but I didn’t conceive. I hear it happened like that with many people as well. I don’t understand why though. What I want to know is whether those that didn’t conceive (but ovulated) with clomid achieves success with letrozole.
I don’t mind the side effects of letrozole, I just want to conceive. embarassed
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GodwilldoitAmen: 8:44am On Dec 07, 2020
duchessgoddess:
Good evening mamas. Please what is the best drug to induce menses with and regulate cycles immediately? Primolut n or some birth control pills? If birth control, would postinor 2 do the work? I took fertilaid which didn’t work for me and it made my cycle very irregular. I’m on CD32 now yet no ovulation. Cycle before this was CD68. Yes, I have been tracking with strips and TVS.
Again, I used clomid about 3 years ago (4 cycles) and it didn’t work for me, even though it made me ovulate well. A gynae suggested letrozole, are they not same thing? Do they react same way? Are there people that didn’t conceive with clomid but did with letrozole? Please come to my aid oh. Hmmmm... thanks.
I
Cc: tripletwins222 and futuremoma34
Letrozole works especially for people with PCOS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 10:10am On Dec 07, 2020
duchessgoddess:

Clomid helped me ovulate very well, but I didn’t conceive. I hear it happened like that with many people as well. I don’t understand why though. What I want to know is whether those that didn’t conceive (but ovulated) with clomid achieves success with letrozole.
Ovulation simulation drugs helps you ovulate, wether pregnancy is achieved is a different case. So if clomid helped you ovulate then it worked....we only say it didn't work if you didn't ovulate.
However, one of the side effects of clomid is the vaginal dryness that comes with it. So if you ovulate but didn't use a fertility friendly lubricant then the sperm might not get to the eggs.
You also need to rule out male factor...has your partner done SFA and are the values ok?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by duchessgoddess(f): 10:43am On Dec 07, 2020
sugah:

Ovulation simulation drugs helps you ovulate, wether pregnancy is achieved is a different case. So if clomid helped you ovulate then it worked....we only say it didn't work if you didn't ovulate.
However, one of the side effects of clomid is the vaginal dryness that comes with it. So if you ovulate but didn't use a fertility friendly lubricant then the sperm might not get to the eggs.
You also need to rule out male factor...has your partner done SFA and are the values ok?

Yes, he did SFA last year and it was fair, about 40million per ejaculate. I was dry with clomid but not too dry not to conceive with it. Maybe clomid makes one acidic to kill off sperm cells?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by duchessgoddess(f): 10:45am On Dec 07, 2020
GodwilldoitAmen:

Letrozole works especially for people with PCOS

Is it okay for one without PCOS to take it? I don’t have PCOS.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by duchessgoddess(f): 10:46am On Dec 07, 2020
customizedme:

Please what other drugs can one take with clomid to achieve better results?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 10:51am On Dec 07, 2020
duchessgoddess:

Yes, he did SFA last year and it was fair, about 40million per ejaculate. I was dry with clomid but not too dry not to conceive with it. Maybe clomid makes one acidic to kill off sperm cells?
Since last year? Sperm is produced every 3 months so if he has had a lifestyle change or had any infection it will affect his sperm production....he needs to be on supplements or at least do another sfa.
@bolded, you can't tell...
Confirm your partner's swimmers before trying letrozole.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GodwilldoitAmen: 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2020
duchessgoddess:

It should,it aids ovulation generally.if you don't have PCOS it should still make you ovulate,if you ovulate on your own,it should make you super-ovulate
If you don't want to self -medicate however,talk to your gynae or a pharmacist .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GodwilldoitAmen: 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2020
Good afternoon to beautiful Mama's here.

It's the end of the year,Many of us here are down, depressed, frustrated, some have given up hope,some are even suicidal because 2020 is gone again...

Let us however cast all our cares unto Jesus for He cares for us.He will surely do it,even before the new year 2021.He can still surprise us..and He will with last minute miracles....

Let us be strong and hopeful.None shall be barren in the land...

I see many people entering the new year with BFP's,if you are one of them,say Amen.

I just said mine

AMEN

20 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Howyeh(f): 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2020
AMEN in Jesus' Name !!!
GodwilldoitAmen:

It's the end of the year,Many of us here are down, depressed, frustrated, some have given up hope,some are even suicidal because 2020 is gone again...

Let us however cast all our cares unto Jesus for He cares for us.He will surely do it,even before the new year 2021.He can still surprise us..and He will with last minute miracles....

I see many people entering the new year with BFP's,if you are one of them,say Amen.

I just said mine

AMEN

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by duchessgoddess(f): 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2020
sugah:

Since last year? Sperm is produced every 3 months so if he has had a lifestyle change or had any infection it will affect his sperm production....he needs to be on supplements or at least do another sfa.
@bolded, you can't tell...
Confirm your partner's swimmers before trying letrozole.

Thanks so much. He hasn’t had any lifestyle change or infection, however we would go for SFA.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2020
GodwilldoitAmen:

I just said mine

AMEN

Amen!
I believe it and it will surely come to pass in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2020
duchessgoddess:

Please what other drugs can one take with clomid to achieve better results?

Vitamin C and E can be taken to combat the vaginal dryness that comes with the use of clomid. Though Vitamin C has to be low dose. Pls, be careful when self medicating on clomid to avoid ovarian cysts and fibroids.

Mama, why not try natural ovulation boosters instead of clomid? You can try okro water therapy. It works very well for ovulation.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2020
shadow88:
please mummies I need answer
Does taking duphastone (progesterone) hinders ovulation because I was told to take it from cycle day 1 till pregnancy
I read it online that it stops ovulation and again that it doesn't don't know which one to follow
(prescribed by my gynea) because of early miscarriage
not adviseable, duphaston is progesterone supplement, in the follicular phase progesterone shouldn't be dominant, it can make your body think you've already ovulated, who told you to take duphaston from day 1 You take it when ovulation is confirmed via scanning
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Autophys1: 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2020
duchessgoddess:

Yes you can take letrozole even if you don't have PCOS.
My gynae prescribed it for me as clomid gave me cysts.
I don't have PCOS.

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MemeRoyal(f): 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2020
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GreaterGraceGG(f): 10:17pm On Dec 07, 2020
GodwilldoitAmen:

I just said mine

AMEN
I claim it in Jesus name
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by duchessgoddess(f): 10:37pm On Dec 07, 2020
Tripletwins222:

Vitamin C and E can be taken to combat the vaginal dryness that comes with the use of clomid. Pls, be careful when self medicating on clomid to avoid ovarian cysts and fibroids.

Mama, why not try natural ovulation boosters instead of clomid? You can try okro water therapy. It works very well for ovulation.

Okro water? Please how is that done? And thanks for the tip on Clomid.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bunny19: 9:08am On Dec 08, 2020
duchessgoddess:

Are ur tubes opened? What of hubby? Are his sperm parameters okay? These are d next thing to look into
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Happyfellow147: 11:53am On Dec 08, 2020
Good people, may God answer us all.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2020
duchessgoddess:

Okro water? Please how is that done? And thanks for the tip on Clomid.

OKRO WATER THERAPY

During your period, boil guava(dry or fresh) leaves and drink the water while still warm. One glass or half glass cup first thing in d morning and last thing in the night.
Then, after your period, in the evening, slice 5-7 pieces of okro, put the sliced okro into eva water bottle. Fill the can with clean water. Leave the okro in the water till morning. Shake well and take 1 glass of the okro water first thing in the morning before eating and last thing in the night. In the evening, discard the okro and prepare a fresh one to be taken as I explained above. You have to be doing a fresh one daily for 3-5days. Then watch out for ovulation signs.
Baby dust to u.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greatlinda(f): 10:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
Pls help....when ever I have Sex with my husband the sperm comes out whenever I stand up what is the cause and is there solution to it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mirob(f): 11:29pm On Dec 08, 2020
Good evening great mums, please has anyone taken CO-Enzyme Q10 and how effective is it for fertility.

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by futuremoma34: 12:32am On Dec 09, 2020
greatlinda:
Pls help....when ever I have Sex with my husband the sperm comes out whenever I stand up what is the cause and is there solution to it.

It is natural, it is not a disease abeg..all you need to do is after sex with hubby, lay on they bed for like 30 mins before you stand up..it take only one sperm to fertilise an egg..so worry not maam....TTC can make one think eh.
.I could remember when I was TTC,nothing I kno take for this life,if not for GOd ehh,I for don die,because of they useless agbo one useless man gave me..I thank God for everything

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greatlinda(f): 3:35am On Dec 09, 2020
futuremoma34:

It is natural, it is not a disease abeg..all you need to do is after sex with hubby, lay on they bed for like 30 mins before you stand up..it take only one sperm to fertilise an egg..so worry not maam....TTC can make one think eh.
.I could remember when I was TTC,nothing I kno take for this life,if not for GOd ehh,I for don die,because of they useless agbo one useless man gave me..I thank God for everything
Tnx ma but after lying down for even up to an hour it still comes out like almost every thing comes out
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by futuremoma34: 5:52am On Dec 09, 2020
greatlinda:

Tnx ma but after lying down for even up to an hour it still comes out like almost every thing comes out

Yes,it will still come out,but it's not all that is coming out my dear..
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 6:25am On Dec 09, 2020
greatlinda:

It is natural like @futuremoma34 said. You don't expect all to go inside. It only requires one single sperm to fertilize the egg. Try doggy style to maximize your chances. It will still come out but you will see difference. If quickie and rape can result to pregnancy, then you have nothing to worry about if that's the only issue you're facing. It will surely happen whenever God signs it.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greatlinda(f): 7:49am On Dec 09, 2020
futuremoma34:

Yes,it will still come out,but it's not all that is coming out my dear..
Tnx ma
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greatlinda(f): 7:49am On Dec 09, 2020
Tripletwins222:

It is natural like @futuremoma34 said. You don't expect all to go inside. It only requires one single sperm to fertilize the egg. Try doggy style to maximize your chances. It will still come out but you will see difference. If quickie and rape can result to pregnancy, then you have nothing to worry about if that's the only issue you're facing. It will surely happen whenever God signs it.
Tnx ma

(1) (2) (3) ... (2850) (2851) (2852) (2853) (2854) (2855) (2856) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.