Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5410007 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Laura202: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2011
@ Nwangap, don't give up hope. The Lord is oir strenght. Have you gone for a HSG test? That will determine if your tubes are blocked or not. I also plan to do mine next week (my mum said it cleans out the tubes).
Keep us posted ok. God bless.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sogotemi(m): 7:53pm On Jan 10, 2011
Congrats luvly. God bless you and your baby.
abiop:

@ Luvly,
Congrats and this gives me more to believe that this year will be our year & this thread may be changed to TTRC (Trying to raise children) grin grin grin grin
yap, abiop, I strongly subscribe to that.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nwangap(f): 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2011
i shall try the HSG test. though don't really know where to go for it, i will make some enquiries, hope i get a good place
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Echala: 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2011
@ Luvly, Congratulations!!! for safe delivery, He he he he my God is good o.

I know this year will be a year of testimonies of every TTC member in Jesus Name.

@MyPeace with regards to blocked tubes, I had blocked tubes due to Endometrosis ovarian cyst, last year October to be precise I went for an ultra sound checkup and I got talking with my radiologist he told me of a minor procedure called Selective HSG they do to unblock tubes, I decided to give it a go and to the glory of God both my tubes were unblocked. There is really high sucess rate with this procedure and its not surgery its like HSG but with a different tool.

The address of the place is No 276A Kofo Abayomi st VI, beside Reddington hospital. they are very good there I can attest to that, and the procedure will cost you 75,000 Naira. If you need any help with any other information you can inbox me.

I know God will surely answer our prayers this year.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 12:52am On Jan 11, 2011
praise God thank you father for safe delivery luvly congratulationssssssssssssssssssssssss God you are just embarrassing us with blessing ohh Please God i am not Oliver Twist but we need more very plenty no more crying no more sorry it will be ok next time it is testimonies upon testimonies we want.

@Nwangap welcome to this thread , i know i am not in your shoes, but to be honest try and relax just a little bit not getting pregnant right away or under ten months does not mean there is anything wrong with you. It might just be ovulation timing or it is just not yet happening.
I am saying this because even when people do expensive procedures, that cost almost half a million in Nigeria or other parts of the world ,when it comes's to a child if your body is not ready it is not ready nothing can be done.That happened to me a lot my body tricked me many times into thinking i was pregnant because i kept expecting and was looking for the signs.
just please have faith and try and keep an accurate calender of your ovulation and period.
@ My peace how are you doing babe? the only thing i know for unblocking tubes is laparoscopic procedures oh

My update he is doing fine i thank God but has some baby pimples all over his face and some parts of his body that seems to be itching him.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 11, 2011
@Luvly

Big Congrats!!!

@ Clasic
I notice that all ur 12 posts is advertising one product r service or another and has a telephone number to call.Dont try and flog your wares here, this thread is for peer support. You are not welcome on this thread, if you are only posting for business purposes.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nnemak(m): 8:24am On Jan 11, 2011
Congratulation to luvly and to every visible and invisible member of TTC.
I know it would be congratulations!!!, congratulation!! Congratulations!!!!! Through out this year and with each passing months, the numbers would increase!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AbilTom: 8:38am On Jan 11, 2011
Mine has been a long story, which I will summarise with a question. Is there a credible IVF clinic in Nigeria to help ethically and professionally. I am based in UK and in need of black donor. We are considering going to Ghana for donor assistance, others mentioned that South Africa is the best place. But if there are good clinics in nigeria, we may give a trial there. I hope this thread will help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:04am On Jan 11, 2011
@Echala

Thanks for the info, but is it a hospital?

@Arly,
I am doing great! l started trying again in December with clomid, l know everything will work in my favour this time around as l expect my Isaac and his sister this year! tongue

A very close friend of mine was diagnosed to having blocked tubes, she was told laparoscopic option is a 50 - 50 thing! do take care of bobo for us kiss

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 12:58pm On Jan 11, 2011
-deleted-
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Echala: 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2011
@Aly

Blocked tubes cannot be unblocked via laparoscopy, My surgery was done vis laparoscopy and they could not unblocked the tube, I was told it could only be done surgically. the disadvantage with that is that there is the tendency of it getting blocked right after the surgery.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nwangap(f): 11:09pm On Jan 11, 2011
@poster

hello Arlington, I've read about you. thanks for starting this thread and congratulations for the new baby. u are indeed a great woman, especially for not abandoning this thread up till now and for sharing your experience with others. May God continue to bless u with more children.

and thanks for the advice, sometimes i also think i should just give it more time but you know the pressures from everybody, calling and asking how far all time. but whatever happens, i know that God will do it in his own time for all of us TTC.

thanks again and please do take care of the baby.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chukz4real(m): 7:52am On Jan 12, 2011
@Luvly, congratulations.

@Nwadap. I quite understand how u feel been full of expectation that seem so long due in your sight. A doctor friend of mine was told me that 'anxiety' is a sin in the sight of God (and I laughed). It dawns on ladies mostly when family members and inlaws calls to hear about your pregnancy state, the best way to answer them in such situation is, 'my husband and I had been planning something different for now, when we are through the babies will come.' Don't be over anxious, relax and be prayerful. They will surely come. Make sure every cases of STDs are treated adequately. Discuss your cycle with a good gynae to assist you track your ovulation, HSG they say is good but is like being in labour,
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 13, 2011

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 10:21am On Jan 13, 2011
@ luvly. Congratulations. Kiiss the baby for me.

I am very sure that this year we shall invite people to our childrens naming ceremony.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:27pm On Jan 13, 2011
@AbilTom sorry you did not get any response right away.
If i am not mistaking since I started this thread I have not seen anyone come up saying they Did IVF or are undergoing IVF procedures in Nigeria .
IVF in Nigeria is still uncharted waters people don't want to sink money where they are not sure. And i don't know if they bring out there success rates for the public to view each year but yet again what or who do you compear them with?

The only two that seem reputable and that i have had friends go for initial check up and some sort of follow up then drop out due to costs are Bridge clinic and http://www.thebridgeclinic.com/en/index.php and Nordiac http://www.nordica.org/composite-27.htm
About the donors you might want to call and hear what they say and see if it might be a right fit for you. Please if you have any questions that you think we can help you with do ask we will all try and answer them good luck.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by franny1980: 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2011
Hello my good people of TTC, ma doc just confirmed yesterday that i am 4weeks pregnant and he gave me folic acid, do u think its good to start taking folic acid now? What and what sh i need to avoid? what type of food sh i be taking now. He also say dat i sh start antenatal 2nd week of next month.

I pray that the almighty God will answer each n everyone of you the way he answered me in Jesus Name, Amen!!!
I never knew dat i Will take in now because of the kind of stories am hearing from docs like, u have PID, discharge, infections etc but my God did it for me am so grateful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2011
Posted by: franny1980
Insert Quote

Hello my good people of TTC, ma doc just confirmed yesterday that i am 4weeks pregnant and he gave me folic acid, do u think its good to start taking folic acid now? What and what sh i need to avoid? what type of food sh i be taking now. He also say dat i sh start antenatal 2nd week of next month.

I pray that the almighty God will answer each n everyone of you the way he answered me in Jesus Name, Amen!!!
I never knew dat i Will take in now because of the kind of stories am hearing from docs like, u have PID, discharge, infections etc but my God did it for me am so grateful.

Now see the prediction of Arlington coming true, The success stories continue. Who tok am say our GOD does not exist? Congrats Franny. Arlington and other mothers of the house grin grin grin will soon come up with suggestions on your questions as me & my wife never get enough experience to advice but I know soonest una go dey congratulate me & my wivey cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 7:40pm On Jan 14, 2011
God you have started oh, grin you have already started embarrassing us with blessing and it is just day 14 into the new year. I thank you God.
franny by the power of God your baby is safe and sound.
Start taking the folic acid Asap like today !! In the early stages you need all the boost to make the baby strong and healthy.
As for foods I eat normally nothing changed but as your pregnancy progresses you will start hating some foods and loving some.
I eat rice 24/7 , beans made me see my maker the heartburn no get part 2.
Just eat lots of fruits, vegetables and drink lots of water.
Try not to stress too much this period take it one day at a time and commit your self unto Gods hands Congratulations once again.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 14, 2011
Congrats franny1980
Glory be to God
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chukz4real(m): 7:18am On Jan 15, 2011
Congratulation to you Franny1980. The Lord is your strength
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nwangap(f): 7:58am On Jan 15, 2011
congratulations fanny1980, may the Lord keep you and your baby.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by masido(f): 2:54pm On Jan 16, 2011
Congrats franny1980.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2011
Congratulations franny
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 11:01am On Jan 17, 2011
Congrats to all luvly
and fanny.
Fanny yes u can take the folic acid it is good for the development of ur baby
to prevent birth defects. Stay healthy by eating well
and plz if u can then stay away from intimacy for some time
dat baby is more precious than the pleasure.
feel free to ask us any questions

@ all
happy new year
Baby Breyanna is doing very well. she is 5 months now and growing faster than her age.

God would do more dis year
watch out
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nnemak(m): 11:44am On Jan 17, 2011
Congratulations franny1980!!!!!
My more of these news would filter in on almost weekly basis this year!!!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by franny1980: 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2011
Thanx all, i will do as you adviced.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by honeyfave: 10:58pm On Jan 17, 2011
congrats luvly and franny1980. This is our year in Jesus name.Amen
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nwangap(f): 12:30am On Jan 18, 2011
pls help me, i haven't seen my menses, saw it last on 17th december 2010, today is the 32nd day. i feel kind of heavy around my abdomen, i went for scan and the result didn't dictate anything. before it came on 17th dec, i was given an injection which i believe forced it out on the 31st day, before then i use to have a normal 28days cycle. i was to go for HSG but my doc advice against it for now since i've just started on clomid, he said i should continue on that for 3 to 6 months before trying other option.with this delay,i don't know what to make of it, i did blood pt, and its negative.

what could be wrong, any idea of what i should do?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:00am On Jan 18, 2011
@nwangap 

I will advise you take it easy.  Abdominal scan which l believe you did, shouldnt dictate anything at this stage if you are actually preg.  And sometimes blood test keep reading negative until you are into your 6wks.  l will advise you  give yourself more 2weeks, and repeat the test, if it doesnt come by then.  Pls allow yourself and dont take any action yet.

@franny1980
Congratuations!.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by chukz4real(m): 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2011
MyPeace:

@nwangap 

I will advise you take it easy.  Abdominal scan which l believe you did, shouldnt dictate anything at this stage if you are actually preg.  And sometimes blood test keep reading negative until you are into your 6wks.  l will advise you  give yourself more 2weeks, and repeat the test, if it doesnt come by then.  Pls allow yourself and dont take any action yet.

@franny1980
Congratuations!.

@Nwadap, I suppose am with MyPeace on this

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.