Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5410584 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by SuperT(m): 6:36pm On Mar 05, 2011
What are the causes of infertility in Women? Can One of them be all this Modern food we are eating nowadays?

Hardly you can get natural food around again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2011
JUST BUSY BUSY BUSY WITH STUFF NOT BEEN ABLE TO WRITE HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL AND FINE.
I am ok and baby is doing good he has started making lots of noises and i am happy.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 07, 2011
@Super T,

I am certain that additves in food causes infertility in both males and females as the harmful substances though in minute quantities is probably very harmful to reproductive cells at the the cellular level.

It is very important to cut out all harmful substance from our environment. Include car pollution that we brief and other harmful gases (bleach)which we may breathe and also substances that may be absorbed through the skin (creams detergents makeup, toothpaste etc).

Other main cause is in infertility could be obesity or being very underweight

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ivynwa(f): 6:38am On Mar 08, 2011
@Ketubah
How are you dearie? Hope good? Just to say that somebody thought of you, wished you well and said a prayer for you. Take care okay Baby, it is well. Alleluiah, Amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 9:35am On Mar 08, 2011
Hello everyone, how are u doing?.

Attention:

my peace. hi do you still remember me? great news i got pregnant at last am in my 30th week now. i'll tell you how when we gist and then we share it with the house.

Hi Girlie, my dear!, this is a very big testimony. So He has finally done it! I am so happy for you. I tried calling your mobile phone without success, pls l cant wait to hear the gist. And pls share the testimony to the whole house, our God is indeed a faithful God! He makes everything beautiful in His time! Congratulations dearie!

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2011
GOD, Just what do you want us to do. If you can just in any way show us what you required from us, we'll go to any length to do same.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^^^^^ I know at times it looks like there is no hope in sight but just push on .
"Return to your fortress, O prisoners of hope; even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you."
Zechariah 9:12

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2011
abiop,

Brother take heart.

Make sure you are doing all the right things that u have learned, you and that you and your wife are as healthy as possible, then leave the rest to God.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 2:08pm On Mar 12, 2011
Really quiet in here echo echo anybody here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok I want to get to know everyone better so i will ask this. Tell us one thing about you that nobody knows on here about you.
Let me start i will give two sef . I am very stubborn i no dey hear word at all I do what i want even if i know it is wrong ( i know it is bad but oh well that is me)and if i fail i am ok with it .
I have two dogs always had dogs since i was a child can not live in a house without one.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Laura202: 9:03pm On Mar 12, 2011
Lol,

Ok,here is mine. I have been TTC for almost a year now and i found out that i the problem has always been that i dont BD enough.
Well,thats because DH is a cronic womanizer. I don talk tire,cry tire and pray tire, Am just gonna chill and live my life. If it happens,fine, if not,fine,
Na my cross.Lol.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 12, 2011
abiop,
Do you have a strategy for ensuring that u are baby dancing on the right days?

My wife and I have sex every other day between between day12 and day18 of her cycle.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 12, 2011
@Laura202,
First off you need to talk to your husband about the womanizing, you may need professional help as a couple.

It is not really the frequency of sex, but the timing is more crucial.

You may need to initiate sex if necessary.

Laura202:

Ok,here is mine. I have been TTC for almost a year now and i found out that i the problem has always been that i dont BD enough.
Well,thats because DH is a cronic womanizer.

@Arlington,
U and my wife must be long lost twin sister grin

In 1986, I was involved in a non-stop picket outside South African embassy in London, demanding the release of Nelson Mandela from prison.
Arlington:

Let me start i will give two sef . I am very stubborn i no dey hear word at all I do what i want even if i know it is wrong ( i know it is bad but oh well that is me)and if i fail i am ok with it .

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oduamine: 8:44am On Mar 13, 2011
hallo house,i dont know how 2 stat, 5 wks preg but last week noticed spotting n this week little bleeding 4 a minute then c it again anoda 6hrs wit no abdominal pain or cramps went 4 ultrsound on friday doc said viable preg but threatened abortion but i rebuked dat pls house who can share their symptoms wit me cos d only symptoms i av is breast soreness n doc said i nid 2 rest, pls some1 shld tell me d food routine n tins i nid 2 know
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:08pm On Mar 13, 2011
oduamine:

hallo house,i don't know how 2 stat, 5 wks preg but last week noticed spotting n this week little bleeding 4 a minute then c it again anoda 6hrs wit no abdominal pain or cramps went 4 ultrsound on friday doc said viable preg but threatened abortion but i rebuked dat pls house who can share their symptoms wit me cos d only symptoms i av is bosom soreness n doc said i nid 2 rest, pls some1 shld tell me d food routine n tins i nid 2 know

Hello,
I will just advice you to take some rest , when next are you going to see your doctor just to be sure all is well since you are spotting again?
I spotted during my pregnancy but my baby came out ok.
I had soreness and was very weak and i could not eat . I would advice you take folic acid and drink lots of water and as your doctor said please rest a lot.
Just curious why will he say threatened abortion when he said the pregnancy was viable?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by olamide123: 7:03pm On Mar 13, 2011
hi everyone, i'm new here but i have followed this topic for as long as i can remember, i'm really down and sad right now and this is the first time am becoming a part of any online forum or even expressing how i feel to any one.

i lost my son 6weeks and 1 day ago. its the worst thing that can happen to anyone. he was 24weeks old and was very healthy only that he was too young to breathe on his own. To say i am traumatized is putting it lightly but nothing in life seems to interest me anymore. he died in my arms, looked exactly like me and had his dads hair. That day replays itself in my head every time, he stayed on this earth for just 25mins. i am consoled by the fact that he's in heaven and i know i'll see him someday, soon and trust me, i'll spank him for putting me through what he put me through. i feel empty, very light and atimes i feel like he's still kicking in my womb, he used to kick a lot. my hubby n I still trying to cope but its not easy. he was our first and we looked forward soo much to his arrival (at term). Sadly enough, hubby has returned to nigeria so am all by myself. atimes, i feel like am running mad, especially when i google preterm birth and see all the gory info on it. i know one day and pretty soon, i'll rejoice in Jesus name. i feel better now for letting out steam. it is well in Jesus name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 7:33pm On Mar 13, 2011
Olamide123 my name sake, your joy will come again believe me! I don't know how to console you I can only imagine where your mind is right now. It is ok for you to cry if you need to but please don't beat your self up about it i beg you.
I know when you are alone it is worse, but we are here for you even if we don't know you we share your pain.That was why i started this forum i had no one to talk to.
I am some who considers my self to be very strong so sharing it with another person physically was not an option, so i took this route out because i know there where people like me hurting the same way and did not wnat to say anything about it.
Yes one day you will meet your baby again and he will never go away. accept my condolence please , when ever you feel down please come on here and just talk about it even if no one replies at that moment we support you don;t bottle it up all inside. please and lastly stay of GOOGLE smiley

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sogotemi(m): 9:36am On Mar 14, 2011
Hi all!
Its been a while since I posted last; though I do vist the forum often.

@ olamide
I really don't know what to say. . . but, God knows why. Just take solace in the fact one day, you will rejoice again. Meditate on Ps 126: 1-6.

@ all
I want to just chip in this that this baby-dance of a thing, I'll advice one should do it as often as possible, preferrably at least 3 or 4 times a week. This is b'cos I have discovered that not all women ovulate about 12-16 days of the cycle. Some do actually ovulate immediately after their period as I dicovered in my wife. God has been faithful to us. We were counting day 12 when we noticed implantation bleeding and I remembered we BD on day 6 or so.
In essence, don't wait till day 14, relax. . . especially the woman and have fun as often as possible. If after 1 year of consistent BD there is no show, then seek expert opinion.
And I also read somewhere that you can not say that you are TTCing if you have not BD for abt 156days in a year which translates to 3 days a week; coupled with other healthy lifestyle habbit.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 14, 2011
^very true

Someone I heard about falls pregnant when they have sex during her period.

ideally one should have sex consistently every 2 or 3days regardless of cycle, but someone like me we low-ish sperm count prefers to allow my body to build up sperm and target the fertile period (which could vary from woman to woman)
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Echala: 10:20pm On Mar 14, 2011
@ Oduamine, try and relax and not worry, I know its not easy but just try and pray also its very important.

@ Olamide, dont know what to say, but the Lord is your strength,always remember people that dont know you are praying for you.

@ Ally youre so full of life always looking for something for us to do, anywaz for me ( I wonder why we women are stubborn lol) I am also very stubborn will rather do whats on my mind than listen to anyone, I just dont listen, trying to change now as I and DH are almost killing each other. grin smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by harmeenut: 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2011
@ Olamide, Pls dont worry, D good LORD will be with you and and be your strength. IT IS WELL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2011
@GenBuhari & Sogotemi,
D BD issue na serious thing well baby making too na serious issue sha. We used to target from 14 days up to the 20th day. But there was a time my wife went for test on the 11th day and the Dr. got angry with her that she should be BDing, since then we have been commencing on the 10th day but may we will start from the 9th day now but I almost stop after 22nd day. We also try to BD early morning everyday but I discovered say ‘e no easy’ especially with quantity and quality of emission, so I tend to take a day off in-between. Any idea about the wrong thing with this?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by olamide123: 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2011
Thank you so much. I know it is well by Gods grace. Even though weeping may endure for the night, i know that my joy will come in the morning.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:03am On Mar 16, 2011
abiop:

@GenBuhari & Sogotemi,
D BD issue na serious thing well baby making too na serious issue sha. We used to target from 14 days up to the 20th day. But there was a time my wife went for test on the 11th day and the Dr. got angry with her that she should be BDing, since then we have been commencing on the 10th day but may we will start from the 9th day now but I almost stop after 22nd day. We also try to BD early morning everyday but I discovered say ‘e no easy’ especially with quantity and quality of emission, so I tend to take a day off in-between. Any idea about the wrong thing with this?
Abiop make i yab you small as i no get work do today, so you see BD dey run abi grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 9:04am On Mar 16, 2011
^^^^^ no be so my sister grin grin grin, it's just that it's not easy BD everyday but if one thinks of the need for it, I know one can even buy or borrow the strength to BD every 5 hrs grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sogotemi(m): 9:33am On Mar 16, 2011
@ abiop,
I understand ur plight. . . e no easy, but then its still very easy. Set ur mind on making it, eat good food, and I mean good food, free your mind of the pressure of TTC. . . and pronto, fire on my brother.
For me, I'll say stop counting on days, especially if you are sure ur sperm count / motility is ok. After all, its only one sperm taht does the work. . . lol
It is well my brother.

Another important thing, let the guys take the pressure of TTC from their wives. It really works.
I hope to see more guys share their experience on this forum.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 1:30pm On Mar 21, 2011
what??
TTC on the second page
Abomination of the highest order cheesy cheesy
Moderator, even if we dont make any comment, dont ever allow this page to move to the 2nd page or we'll ban you grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ Sogotemi, Thanks. I'm following your advice with that of Most Revered Snr. Buhari to the letter as I dread the yabbing of Arlington grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2011
Helloooooooooooooooooooooo everyone what is going on Yes ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i saw it was on page 2 i weak small grin it is well i guess everyone is busy BD and are just waiting to explode this place with there suprises and that is what will happen one testimony after the other. I must share in everyones joy and eat rice. Even if una never chop my rice cheesy
Baby is doing fine he is almost 4 months now making lots of noise and eating/sucking me dry cheesy lipsrsealed

@ Abiop haba how i go yab you na just question i dey ask na, no forget to buy blood tonic oh grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 5:52pm On Mar 21, 2011
@ Arly,4 months! Time don pass o,congrats.

@olamide123 please take heart,it is well. You will laugh again,in Jesus name.

@ Abiop,more grease to your elbows grin

Monday update: I am looking at my calendar wondering how much longer?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by WAVixen: 11:34am On Mar 22, 2011
Ejadamen:

@ Arly,4 months! Time don pass o,congrats.

@olamide123 please take heart,it is well. You will laugh again,in Jesus name.

@ Abiop,more grease to your elbows grin

Monday update: I am looking at my calendar wondering how much longer?

Dont worry< sooner than you think. Anxiety comes with the terittory.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by oduamine: 6:16pm On Mar 22, 2011
hallo,
The bleeding didnt stop. Went 4 scan yesterday n it was missed or incomplete abortion cried my eyes out cos it was painful 2 hear it doc said i av 2 undago evacuation n i did dat 2day it was an xperience i n husband will neva 4get.pls remember in prayers tanks 2 all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by olamide123: 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2011
Thank you all!
@oduamine, It is well IJN, i dunno wot to say because my spirit is still very low, but i want to that the Lord will never forsake us, we will rejoice in due time. one good thing about this forum is that we have all been through some form of pain or the other so we have an idea of how it feels as opposed to those who have had it very easy. Like I said before, It is well.

@ejademen, Congratulations!! ur testimony will be permanent in Jesus name. U're one of the reasons I joined this forum cos i think my case is similar to what u went through. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow to discuss what went wrong but from personal research, I am thinking I would need the cerclage next time. I wouldn't mind any info that could help. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.