Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,810 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5412865 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 9:21am On Feb 14, 2011
Happy Valentines day house.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by jovi: 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2011
Maybe we shd change the title of the thread to "[b[b]]"Praying to conceive", What do u think everyone?, Children are a gift from God,
The word trying already sounds so defeatist, ( not sure there is a word like that though), but praying is filled with Faith and Hope, once there is life, there is Hope, May the Good Lord hear and answer our prayers. AMEN!! AMEN! AMEN!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by jovi: 4:41pm On Feb 14, 2011
if we all agree, then moderators., please help us change to ptc!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 14, 2011
@ jovi

I do not agree, people doing a search for: "trying to concieve" thread may miss the thread if you change the title.

Happy valentines day every one grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by jovi: 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2011
o.k, thats a point, no qualms, but one the word conceive is there there shdnt be any problems finding the thread anyway,
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 6:56pm On Feb 14, 2011
No need to change the title.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 8:49pm On Feb 15, 2011
Happy late Valentineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so all the men Gen Buhari and Abiop wetin una buy>?? Don't say everyday is valentine ohhh so no need for gifts.
Me just stayed home got a card and flowers from my baby through my husband when i asked for my gift my husband said shebi i said my baby is my NEW valentine that i have to wait till he starts working and can afford more than a card and flowers lipsrsealed 419 sense no go work for my house.

Jovi thanks for the thought but the title will remain the same I know God is the one who gives children but it has so many components to it so i think the title is appropriate.
My peace how was your val?
Gen Buhari come oh i want to talk about issues i am having with my baby on here without acting silly and hurting peoples feelings and you no wan make i go open new thread as i go do now come up with ideas for me ohhhhhhhhh
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 7:45am On Feb 16, 2011
@ Arlington your hubby don use correct Naija sense for you.
Hello everyone. hope you had a fab vals day plus a good rest on the following PH.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
@ Arlington,
I gave my wife a nice bottle of perfume.
She gave me a kiss grin

Regarding talking about babies, No Wahala ! talk away - I honestly do not think it would hurt others feelings. It is all part of the learning experience of new parenthood and others who are still trying, may find the information helpful to use when they eventually have their own smiley.

If I am wrong can others please let me know if you may feel hurt by new mothers talking about their babies on this thread.

On the other hand starting a new thread for new mothers in the family section may also be good as you may get many more response to your questions / concerns from new mother who may never look into this thread undecided
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sogotemi(m): 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2011
Hi all.
Happy val in arrears.
@ Arlington, For me, I gave my wife a nice gucci perf and a fresh rose. . .
Guess what i got in return? A card and of course a special val *** grin

As per issues relating with ur baby, come on, bring it on. . . no issues with it. Its aa kind of learning process for us all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by moduperola(f): 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2011
Hi all,

To all the new mothers in the house, God be praised! He is a faithful father. To the expectants, God's name shall be praised in our lives( yeah, i am one of you peeps). I once wrote of recurrent miscarriages but He has done it despite all the grammar i heard at different doctors' offices. To all the TTCs, He neither sleeps nor slumber, You shall sing a new song.

I have a query though: i am currently on 32wks and my feet are so swollen. they don't stay down when pressed though. people ask me all sorts of ques when i go out and this embarrasses me yet my doc says not to worry. Can the new mothers say something to enlighten me more as i am confused?

Regards you all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 5:27pm On Feb 19, 2011
Hi Moduperola,no need to fret.My feet began swelling from 20wks. Don't mind those people asking you questions. I've heard all sort and tried different things. I've put my feet up,walked about etc nothing helps. My feet are swollen. I haven't tried massaging because my swollen feet hurts. Everyone is different and pregnant women manifest differently so please don't worry,enjoy yourself and wait for your bundle of joy.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by moduperola(f): 9:43am On Feb 20, 2011
Thanks Ejad,

I wondered too if i am different  grin, now i can relax and enjoy. Thanks for the clarification.

Stay blessed.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 12:21am On Feb 21, 2011
Hello everyone hope you are all doing good.
I am fine ohhhhhhhhhh i thank my God and baby is doing good as well just making lots of noises and eating a lot he takes only Bosom milk(na wah for this kind censor ship oh angry ) so i am getting very dryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and he is getting fat.
@ Moduperola congratulations may our Almighty God guide you and you will deliver safe and sound. Just relax about the swelling i had it so bad i was afraid i will never be able to wear my old shoes again but they went down , on there own .It just comes with pregnancy just drink plenty of water it helps a lot.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 9:40am On Feb 21, 2011
Hi all
don't mind my absence ooo i am here almost everyday but just like Arlington said
i restrain myself from writing most times so that i don't hurt those still TTC when i talk about
my baby.
Am soooooooooo happy God is putting smiles on our faces through our recent pregnancies
Congrats to all the new mothers to be
God will see u through and i'll keep on praying for u
Those still TTC, this year is your year
start preparing ur selves for the blessing is on the way

@ Arlington and new mothers

I know it is not possible to post our babies' pics here
and i badly want to see those babies that brought us so much
joy in our lives
please if u are on facebook send ur user name and email address to me
tessylove82@yahoo.com
so i can add u
don't forget to incude ur Nairaland user ID
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2011
Congrats moduperola.

God is great!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2011
Hi all,
Monday update:I feel like I've been pregnant forever. I thank God for everything.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Goom: 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2011
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2011
Goom:

Am at my lowest right now. God where are you? What else do i need to do? Am counting 5years now, am at a loss. Infact right now i feel like giving up trying. Am a bundle of emotions. God, just one.

Sorry, i had to let that out. Just started bleeding after another bout of artificial insemination. It is well, that's daddy Adeboye's theme for this year.
Hello Goom,though I might not be able to feel exactly what you're feeling,I want to encourage you not to lose hope. God is right there beside you. Please do not give up. I do not wish this for you but let me share a testimony with you. An elderly woman came up to testify about her baby whom she had after 18yrs of marriage. I couldn't believe my ears and I did not want to imagine what she must have been through. It is well. You will carry your children one day soon. God bless.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by moduperola(f): 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2011
GenBuhari:

Congrats moduperola.

God is great!
Thank you all for the goodwill, God is indeed awesome.
Arlington:

Hello everyone hope you are all doing good.
I am fine ohhhhhhhhhh i thank my God and baby is doing good as well just making lots of noises and eating a lot he takes only Bosom milk(na wah for this kind censor ship oh angry ) so i am getting very dryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy and he is getting fat.
@ Moduperola congratulations may our Almighty God guide you and you will deliver safe and sound. Just relax about the swelling  i had it so bad i was afraid i will never be able to wear my old shoes again but they went down , on there own .It just comes with pregnancy just drink plenty of water it helps a lot.

Thanks sis for the clarification, some people had me worried for a while. I pray God for a smooth and safe delivery.
Ejadamen:

Hi all,
Monday update:I feel like I've been pregnant forever. I thank God for everything.

You took the words out of my mouth. God will definitely see us through.
Goom:

Am at my lowest right now. God where are you? What else do i need to do? Am counting 5years now, am at a loss. Infact right now i feel like giving up trying. Am a bundle of emotions. God, just one.

Sorry, i had to let that out. Just started bleeding after another bout of artificial insemination. It is well,  that's daddy Adeboye's theme for this year.

Goom, i may not know exactly how you feel but i'll like you to know that God is still faithful to all His promises and His will concerning your fruitfullness still stand. You shall laugh!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Angee4real: 2:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
Praise the Lord oh my soul and everything within me praise the Lord. The Lord is good and his mercy endureth forever. Went to see my dr yday & he confirmed that i'm almost 9wks prg, am so glad.

I pray as many tht r still trying dat d good Lord will also surprise u all in no distance time. Amen

PLS what food should i eat to replace folic acid bco right now i cant take any tablet if i do i vomit it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 4:17pm On Feb 23, 2011
A BIG CONGRATS to Angee
May He see u through this pregnancy
I will advice u to try and take the folic acid oooo
i took ACFOL the tablets are small and has no smell
it's good for baby's developments

@all
u seeeeeeeeeeeeeee
more blessings coming
I said this is our year of Blessings
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:20pm On Feb 23, 2011
@ejadamen it is when you are at the end it looks like forever it will soon be over . i hope you are getting ready for labour hehehehe grin

@Angee4real CONGRATULATIONS may God Almighty keep that baby safe and sound.as far as i know there is no tablet to replace as much folic acid that you need for you and your baby. i know the tablets are big and smell funny but you just have to try. try putting them inside eba or pounded yam and just swallow with soup it is a thin of the mind just don't dwell on the fact that the tablet is inside.
good luck and God bless.

@ Goom , what can i tell you now that will ease your pain? i know i am not in your shoes at this moment but you know i have been there . these days will come when you want the earth to just open up and swallow you at leaset for me i had days like that .
Don't give up just give your body some rest and know and believe in your heart that “Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. (Psalms 30:5)” i can't give you a hug so all i have is words.
it is well!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Echala: 10:37pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Angee4real, a big Congrats to you, God is doing wonders amidst us o, please try and take the folic acid I don;t think anything that can replace that.

@Goom, My dear sis I don;t even know where to start from, I know exactly what you're going through, one thing I want you to know GOD does not fail read Ps 89:34, say it to your life everyday. Remember when God told Abraham look to the sky the number of stars you see are your children Abraham believed God and it pleases God so much. My dear so please continues to believe and hold unto God in no time you will have your bundle of joy in your hand.

@All hows the year coming up? to all TTC members this is our year so please do not give room for doubt and we will all smile this year IJN wishing you all the best and Gods blessings

Cheers.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:35am On Feb 24, 2011
@Angee4real

Congrats!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ceasyc(f): 5:08am On Feb 24, 2011
hi, my cousin is in her early 30's
she used to see her menstrual period (bleed) 4-5 days every month (1st day of period starts every 28 days)
but since 2009 her period only last for 1 day. though she said she has not had sex in over 3 years, she is wondering what could be d problem?

would this affect her from having kids when she is ready? what can she do to rectify it?
will she still b able to ovulate and will her ovulation period change?
her ovulation period used to be 9 days from d 1st day of her period to the 15th day (i.e 9th - 15th day counting from d 1st day of her period)

she knows her ovulation cos her mom taught her n also because she has a child already and a miscarriage
thx in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by residual(f): 3:02pm On Feb 25, 2011
my system have completely changed, i don' t even understand my body anymore.since i started TTC, everything has changed. now menses has become irregular. it used be 28days, now, every months it counts a different date, 29,30,31,32, and now 39 and still counting. i last saw it on the 18th January 2011, today is the 39th day, haven't seen it and and i don't feel pregnant. though i thought of pregnancy test but i'm tired of monthly pt. my breast feels heavy though. before it came the last time, i went on anti-infection injection which i believe forced it out, now i'm about going for another one and i believe it will force it out too.

anything i should do? pls let me know

congrats to all those God has blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^
Always get a pregnancy test before taking any injection or medication, that may bring on your period.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Attention(f): 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2011
my peace. hi do you still remember me? great news i got pregnant at last am in my 30th week now. i'll tell you how when we gist and then we share it with the house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ikandmc(f): 5:52am On Mar 01, 2011
I can't even imagine how it feels to go through what you have to go through. I am a mother myself. don't be discouraged!!! I have two of my friends that had similar problem and even doctors here in us said that they wont have kids. But, miracle always happen. One of my friend been trying for about 3 yrs an another for about 2 yrs. After they had all their hopes up that miracle happend, and they got pregnant. Just don't give up, it will happen for you too! God bless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 6:08pm On Mar 03, 2011
Arlington:

@ejadamen it is when you are at the end it looks like forever it will soon be over . i hope you are getting ready for labour hehehehe grin
It does seem like forever. By His grace I am ready. very ready to get my body back and hold my baby.

Congrats Angee4real and Attention.
Angee4real please please please take your folic acid,it is tres important.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hajja2011: 5:10pm On Mar 05, 2011
Hi my dear ladies out there,

I am 36 years old and tried for a baby since last 7 years and it was not happening. I sat for 2 ivf cycles in Nigeria with failure. I lost hope and my marriage was at stake. There was full drama happening from my hubby's side. I was referred by my good friend to Srushti Fertility Research Center in Chennai India where she had earlier visited for her problem. I heard they are one of the biggest fertility centers in the world.

I was treated by Dr.Samundi who seemed to be very nice person.Thanks for her help and attention.I was diagnosed for multiple big fibroids which was discovered when she did diagnostic laparoscopy on me. She showed fibroids of more than 10-13 cm big which was removed from my uterus. She said you woudnt have got pregnant until this was removed. She advised me to try conceiving after 3 months from the surgery date. She said everything else was good.

After 3 months for my surprise when I started trying the very first month I got pregnant. Now I am carrying and hoping to see my bundle of joy in may. I request all my sweet ladies to pray for me to deliver a healthy child. There are also few other couples from Nigeria with us who had similar conditions. Dr.mentioned that there is no use taking IVF treatment while having huge fibroids.

So if you guys are having problem conceiving for more than a year its better you consult a good fertility expert before you bcom very old for a baby. I wish you all good luck and I hope you will share the good news soon.

I hope this piece of information will be helpful for you guys.I dont want another women to suffer like me for 7 long years

ALL THE BEST smiley smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Disturb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.