Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5409308 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Divab(f): 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2011
Hi guys,

Its been ages i came online, just battling with 1st trimester blues, Our God has done it, I wasnt expecting it, After trying for long, I handed everything to God this year. Made my new year plans not including a baby, Got very busy on a number of projects to accomplish this year, Not much focus on the ttc, God decided to hammer me, I mean really hammerrrrrrr meeeeee with his fabulous blessing. Am pregnant, I say it with tears of joy and thanksgiving, I want to encourage my friends here who are ttc, hope in Him that is soooo faithful. He does things when he wants to, when it pleases him, Am so humbled by His goodness and mercy unto me,

Arlington my sister, be strong and believe in Him, The blessing of God maketh rich and added no sorrow, He will give you joy to take it back again. I will remember you in my prayers, Remain blessed!!

Divab

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nekibull: 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2011
hi every1 TTC. Im new here and hve been told the most devastating news that i have bilateral tubal occlusion. Plz il like to know any1 and evry1 who has been told they blocked fallopian tube. I want to know my honest options. Baby dust to all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 2:41am On Mar 31, 2011
Thank you everyone for your advice and prayers i am leaving it all in God's hand he will not give me this boy and take it away from me that i am sure of.

Nekibull:

hi every1 TTC. Im new here and hve been told the most devastating news that i have bilateral tubal occlusion. Plz il like to know any1 and evry1 who has been told they blocked fallopian tube. I want to know my honest options. Baby dust to all.
Hello Nekibull,
I am so sorry that you where delivered such news, I don't want to sound like a doctor and keep on probing but was this the first doctor you went too? I always like second opinions just to make sure you covered your own bases.
I tried reading on this type of blockage and it was very wide, what i can gather is that it is a major blockage of the tubes.and sometimes some women are told they have this blockage because during the HSG which is painful the uterus can have spasms and it makes the tubes blocked and when it is reapted the next time they are open and clear.(why did they perform the test, was it a fertility doctor or your normal doctor ?)
As for options the only thing i can think of is IVF. if you can give more details if you don't mind i am sure someone on here can give you some advice.Good luck and God bless you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 31, 2011
@Divab

Congratulations! smiley

Your case further indicates how pressure and stress of ttc actually makes it more difficult to concieve.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ifyemma(f): 11:22am On Mar 31, 2011
hi, i posted on this thread once, i'm planning to go for hsg tommorrow i don't really know what to expect. I have been ttc after a lost of 19wks preg. In oct 2009.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2011
Divab:

Hi guys,

Its been ages i came online, just battling with 1st trimester blues, Our God has done it, I wasnt expecting it, After trying for long, I handed everything to God this year. Made my new year plans not including a baby, Got very busy on a number of projects to accomplish this year, Not much focus on the ttc, God decided to hammer me, I mean really hammerrrrrrr meeeeee with his fabulous blessing. Am pregnant, I say it with tears of joy and thanksgiving, I want to encourage my friends here who are ttc, hope in Him that is soooo faithful. He does things when he wants to, when it pleases him, Am so humbled by His goodness and mercy unto me,

Arlington my sister, be strong and believe in Him, The blessing of God maketh rich and added no sorrow, He will give you joy to take it back again. I will remember you in my prayers, Remain blessed!!
Divab
how did i miss this CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I am happy God hammeredddddddddddddddddd you with this blessing. please take good care of your self and be strong and leave the rest to God.
@ifyemma Sorry about your loss may it never occur again in Jesus name. I would say take some Panadol 30 minutes before the HSG. try not to think about it a lot .
for some people it hurts a lot for some others it is just like a very painful menstrual cramp. They just put like a small thin straw like thing into your cervix and inject dye through it to make sure your tubes are opened it is when they inject the dye that you feel the discomfort. It will be ok just try not to tense up.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greatc1(f): 1:39am On Apr 04, 2011
Hi

I am new on this site and also TTC. It is so reassuring to meet that other people TTC. been married for 2yrs and really TTC. few weeks ago the doctor told me that i have a blocked fallopian tube and that IVF is the only soluiton. Is it really true? he told me it will cost some money to do it but does it really work? trying to save some money but it is really painful to go thru all these, sometimes I just look up and ask God for a miracle, I believe miracles happen but right now i am confused and tired. just feel like giving up on everything. Just happy i stumbled into this forum. at people to talk to. i need encouragement.

Thanks
Great C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 04, 2011
@great c
So u live in Nigeria?

What test did your Dr carry out to determine you have blocked tubes?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 11:51am On Apr 04, 2011
GOOD MORNINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG PEOPLE. I am well and alive and i thank God Baby is doing good and he is getting big and fat, just gave him water for the first time on Friday did not go well he did not like it. he only takes BMilk and i am exhausted ohhh , 2 more months to go and no more,

@General Buhari did you sleep this weekend This one wey dem cancel election so, grin grin grin you know i like you oh but this your CPC SO, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I have lost faith in all of them .

@Great C how are you doing today?I am sorry about what you said the doctor told you. But is this your first consultation?Did you do any dye test for him/her to confirm your tubes are blocked? Most times if the tubes are blocked the only two options is a miracle from God which can happen and IVF.
my advice is before you spend almost half  a million naira on any doctor check his/her credentials and statistics, make sure it is a well known doctor In this Field and knows what he is doing and in his practice women who have undergone IVF have babies there to show for it.
Do not give up please, i know it is not any consolation but if you have read from page one you will see others 3 years ,4years 2 months me 5 years before i had this baby i have now so . Just keep on trying and praying and researching and your baby will come in Jesus name.

Just an observation oh but the way people are coming on to the tread talking about blocked tubes is it that these crazy doctors are just looking for cash these days that they do not even research very well to know what exactly is wrong? sometimes i wish i could convince my Doctor to do a workshop in Nigeria even for one month, But again even here you still have shady doctors God help us all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ifyemma(f): 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
my hsg result shows that my left tube is blocked while the right one is open and a normal uterus size. I'm confuse don't reall know what to think but i will take the result to doctor, pls advice me on what to do.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 1:22pm On Apr 04, 2011
Ifyemma, do not be confused thank God one is opened my cousin had a baby with one tube with out any medical intervention (ivf,iui)so it is very very possible just give your results to the doctor and hear what he says. it is well.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greatc1(f): 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2011
Hi ,

Thanks for your swift response. I did HSG and some other blood test like sugar analysis, hormone profile etc. He said the other results are ok but the HSG which showed that the left tube is completely blocked while the right is barely open. So he said it will be difficult for me to conceive normally that even if it did happen that it may result in ectopic pregnancy which is dangerous. so he suggested IVF for me. Dont have the money yet sha but still trying to save. Just wish there will be a miracle.

thanks
great c
PH, Nigeria
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nekibull: 10:46pm On Apr 05, 2011
@great c, hi dear im n d same shoes as you. Both tubes are blocked. My gyn has suggested a laparoscopy surgery cos the position of the blockage suggests endometriosis of which if not severe could relieve the blockage. What position is the blockage? have u had a lap done?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ivynwa(f): 4:47am On Apr 06, 2011
Good day all!
Please I have a thread with this topic and link below

What Are The Factors/things That Can Affect Pregnancy & Pregnant Women?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-638131.0.html

We are already discussing such issues about pregnant women like avoiding pounding things, stressful situations that may cause miscarriages like taking long rides over bumpy and pothole-filled roads, taking uncontrolled/unregulated or dangerous medication.
I feel that members of this thread may know much about the things being discussed therein and I am inviting any interested person that wants to contribute to the enlightenment and education of young women in our society to contribute their views and experiences there. It will be highly appreciated.
Thanks to you as the Lord is visiting each and every one of us, healing/granting us our heart's desires and restoring all the years that the cankerworm have stolen as he promised in Joel 2 vs 25. Alleluiah! Somebody Shout!   grin  grin  kiss Smile! Amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 5:17pm On Apr 07, 2011
olamide123:

@ejadamen, thanks, when I saw the doctors they believe that my pprom was caused by an infection rather than an incompetent cervix because i was in labour for about five hours. they said this was normal as i did not need to dilate fully to deliver at 24weeks. Did your waters break too? were you in labour aswell? Now about the cerclage, what is the risk of infection from the procedure? Am a really a candidate for cerclage? The doctor says they do not diagnose incompetent cervix after one pprom so having the cerclage is based on my decision. I would take any precaution to prevent another occurence. what other precautions are you taking alongside the cerclage? Thanks a lot.
Vex not Olamide, I gave birth to my baby on Mar 29th last week tuesday so I'm just seeing this today. To answer your question,yes my waters broke when i had an MC after which i went into labour 2 days later. The pregnancy was 20wks. I decided to have the cerclage put in,wasn't taking any chances. Risk of infection from th procedure? It's not a major one and there shouldn't be any risk of infection. Other precautions I took was no intercourse,no lifting heavy things,no driving embarassed,no stressing myself generally.

@ all,yes o! I have delivered a baby boy. Mehn! Women are trying! My case is a testimony. I will come back and give the full gist. I'm still staring in amazement at my son. He looks just like his daddy kiss I bless God for His mercies and the miracle He gave me.

Congrats Divab. You will hold your bundle of joy at term end,IJN,amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ifyemma(f): 8:26pm On Apr 07, 2011
hi, congrats Ejademen on the success delivery of ur son. @Arlington thanks for given me hope. i showed my doctor the result of my scan and she said that i will go for hydrosonogram to check whelter the ovary at the open tube is okay if not the left tube will be flush open. i dont understand ,is that scan meant for that? cos i searched and i saw diff things. has anyone gone for that?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by olamide123: 7:49am On Apr 08, 2011
@ejademen, Praissseeee the looooooooorrrrrddddd!! Infact I am soooo happy, God is worthy to be praised. your blessing shall be permanent IJN. I was soo worried when i didnt hear from you, i was actually praying for you practically every night. i didnt know you were close to you due date. i was still expecting a post where you would tell us you had removed the stitch. Am sure you now see y I was soo worried. pls kiss that boy for me. Infact, i have read your post over and over again and i always use you as a point of contact.

Word cant just express my joy for you. very soon, the rest of us will rejoice too IJN. infact, i see a time when people will come into this thread to tap the blessings in here. Miracles are happening seriously here and i believe that every one trusting God for this kind of blessing in here will receive theirs latest 2012 IJN.

Please let all the believers here make it a duty to pray for the people in here, I know God is faithful and he wil suprise us IJN. I so much trust in him.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by boboclown: 10:37am On Apr 08, 2011
Ejadamen:

Vex not Olamide, I gave birth to my baby on Mar 29th last week tuesday so I'm just seeing this today. To answer your question,yes my waters broke when i had an MC after which i went into labour 2 days later. The pregnancy was 20wks. I decided to have the cerclage put in,wasn't taking any chances. Risk of infection from th procedure? It's not a major one and there shouldn't be any risk of infection. Other precautions I took was no intercourse,no lifting heavy things,no driving embarassed,no stressing myself generally.

@ all,yes o! I have delivered a baby boy. Mehn! Women are trying! My case is a testimony. I will come back and give the full gist. I'm still staring in amazement at my son. He looks just like his daddy kiss I bless God for His mercies and the miracle He gave me.

Congrats Divab. You will hold your bundle of joy at term end,IJN,amen.

What a great testimony. Ejadamen, Glory to the Lord Almighty. The same Lord that did it for you will surely do it for each and everyone of us in due time. IJN Amen.

Please can anyone give me the name and phone nmuber (and possibly hospital/address) of a competent gynaecologist within and around Gbagada axis of Lagos?. I really need it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sogotemi(m): 11:21am On Apr 08, 2011
Congrats Ejadamen!
God bless you and your baby in Jesus name.
@all: I think all these testimonies points to the fact that there is hope. And I pray that by the end of this year everyone on this thread would have their testimonies in Jesus name.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ada24: 12:12pm On Apr 08, 2011
sorry - it has been a very long while - did not forgot about this group - just been sooooooooooooooooo busy

Hope all of u are well.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 12:18pm On Apr 08, 2011
I AM SINGING AND DANCING HERE OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY SISTER WITH HAIR ON HER CHINNNNNNNNNNN grin grin grin YOU KNOW I DID NOT WANT TO YAB YOU WHILE PREGNANT SO YOU NO GO USE VEX OF BELLE FOLLOW ME. CONGRATULATIONS OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.I thank God for his wonderful mercies and all he has done and is still doing. This just made my day, i cant wait to hear the story do take care and rest congratulations once again after you have rested you can come and yab  me i am waiting cheesy
I pray that all the women here who are pregnant or have given birth are all point of contacts for people still expecting there bundles of joy God you will not disappoint them or me in this quest . As you remembered Sarah you will remember each and everyone who is seeking a child .

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by biscod: 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2011
@Arlington.Amen to that prayer. I am new on this forum,av been ttc for the past 4 years,going to 5years now. i went to a gynea dat told me and my hussy that we need to do laparoscopy and heteroscopy,but my hussy said NO,and that its costly. i eventually went to another who told me to do HSG first,i did hsg and was told that d left tube is blokd but the right is fine and i culd conceive with that.
the gynea dat told me this is far away from lagos,wot do u suggest i do? is there any good gynea i can visit in lagos(not too expensive u know).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2011
Arlington you are not serious grin grin Anyway I should have guessed it would be a boy with the hair growing on my chin tongue Thank you everyone.

Hmm my story,
I went for ante natal as usual last week tuesday,actually i limped there(I felt so tired!). In taking my vitals(urine and bp),the nurse noticed protein in my urine and I registered a bp of 180/100. Doctor said I was going nowhere since i was showing signs of pre-eclampsia. Thank God my bag was already packed. I was told I needed to do emergency CS to get the baby out so I don't go into full eclampsia. That's where my memory ended. Now the bits and pieces I remember plus the ones my husband and mum told me goes as follows: according to them I used my 2 legs to walk into the theatre and i was given anaesthesia and the baby was brought out at 11:30pm. Just as I was coming round I began convulsing. I convulsed 4-5 times and the battle to save my life began. Eventually I was stabilized. People,I delivered my baby on tuesday and didn't fully wake up and get myself till thursday evening. I must have frightened my husband. Of course when I woke up I did not know I had had my baby. When I saw him,I stared and stared and stared. He looked so small and people are yabbing me that he's very big angry I thank God for my life and that of my baby. I did not know that one can be so tired,chai! In fact if you dont hear from me for a week,no vex.

Arly,let me regain energy then I will come and yab you cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Divab(f): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2011
Eja,

I read ur piece and tears was flowing, Its only the Lord that performs such miracles, am so happy for you, tired or not tired, take care of that BBB, Its our Lords doing, Its marvelous in our sights,
Arlington.

Thanks my sister, am happy about the health of ur baby, takia,
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2011
@Ejademen
Dont yab me why I go that when I no be women, make una no think i dey weak, but I read through your story again and again and a tear of joy rolled out of my eyes. It has always been my prayer that as much as we desire children, may GOD not send them to claim our lives. Which one should I be more joyous about? Is it the bay or the LORD that saved your life. You wrote, 'you must scared your husband' una no know anything even me wey dey read dey scared while reading grin. Above all, we give GOD the glory for another positive testimony on this forum, It shall be the turn of other ttcs sooner or later.

Congrats and take care of yourself the boy
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ivynwa(f): 5:13am On Apr 09, 2011
Alleluiah for our lady Ejademen!
Ivynwa begins to sing "Finally the Lord has done it, finally the Lord has done it, Finally the Lord has done it----finally the Lord has done".
She dances and dances to the Lord like David danced and on she danced out of the thread.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by honeyfave: 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2011
Praise God ooo
Congrats Ejademen, thats a great testimony. i"m very happy for you
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greatc1(f): 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2011
@ Eja, I am so happy for you Thank God . it is indeed a great testimony.

@ Nekibull, Sorry I have not responded since, I have not done a laproscopy, my doctor said he does not want me spend money unnecessarily on operations or test or drugs that may not work. He said I should just do the IVF when i am able to save the money. He said he will refer me to a good IVF centre when i am ready.

@ all i am so encouraged at your testimonies . Thank u arlinton, thank you all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nekibull: 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2011
@Eja ur storyz so touching and i pray ur miracle wil be the genesis of al of us in this thread stil searching.amen
@Great c, hi dear, i think your doc knows the best option for ur case. I only scared of ivf suces rates.
@Arlington thanks so much for startn this thread. Feels gud to talk to people facing the same stres as u.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Echala: 11:59pm On Apr 11, 2011
Praise the LORD, God is faithful.@ Ejadamen congrats God will keep you and your son.
Its so good to come here and see testimonoes like this, I know for surety God will visit every TTC member IJN.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Shinatu: 10:06am On Apr 12, 2011
abiop:

@Ejademen
Dont yab me why I go that when I no be women, make una no think i dey weak, but I read through your story again and again and a tear of joy rolled out of my eyes. It has always been my prayer that as much as we desire children, may GOD not send them to claim our lives. Which one should I be more joyous about? Is it the bay or the LORD that saved your life. You wrote, 'you must scared your husband' una no know anything even me wey dey read dey scared while reading grin. Above all, we give GOD the glory for another positive testimony on this forum, It shall be the turn of other ttcs sooner or later.

Congrats and take care of yourself the boy

Abi? It is a great thing the Lord has done

Congratulations Ejademen!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 10:49am On Apr 14, 2011
@ Ivynwa, You once posted that Brocolli is one of your fav. I need to know how you prepare it for consumption. I finally got it @ Goodies and I have tried 2 methods, (1) raw eating – which I seem to like; (2) steaming – I had to force myself to eat it after steaming because is makes me feel like vomiting, so how do you prepare yours.

@ GEnBuhari, Hope you’ll have time to respond to this with this your election palava. Have you come across any write-up on how best to consume brocolli?, I’m thinking of using blender to extract the juice & drink directly but I don't know if it’s advisable. I have read some write-ups & it seems there is contradiction where some claim it is safe & some believe there is need to deactivate the enzyme in it by cooking before consumption.
Also do know of any other natural herbs/root/leave like broccoli that one can consume to boost male fertility as I seem to prefer taking these natural things than swallowing tables.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.