Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,198 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5417489 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sogotemi(m): 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2011
@oduamine: what can I say? I can only encourage you to keep on keeping on.
God knows why it has to end like that. . .

Though its not a palatable experience, but looking at the bright side of it we can conclude that one: you are not barren afterall. You have the capacity to conceive if you try again.
Two: The pregnancy is not yet advanced therefore, something is fundamentally wrong somewhere (maybe a disorder in the formation of the baby or the guy is not sitting where he is supposed to be etc) and God who put it there knew that you deserved something better.
Babe, cheer up! It is to avert a greater disappointment latter.

Finally, I leave you with this parting word when Job was faced with attacks here and there. He said "the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord" and guess what happened eventually, God Really Blessed Him and returned unto him in a thousand folds all that was taken from him.

[b]My prayer for you tonight is that God will restore unto you in double fold that which was taken from you In Jesus Name. . . AM[/b]EN!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 2:52am On Mar 23, 2011
oduamine:

hallo,
The bleeding didnt stop. Went 4 scan yesterday n it was missed or incomplete abortion cried my eyes out cos it was painful 2 hear it doc said i av 2 undago evacuation n i did dat 2day it was an xperience i n husband will neva 4get.pls remember in prayers tanks 2 all
I am so sorry .Some people say it is not good but it is okay to cry , cry it out. We are here for you i know what you are feeling right now because i know most of us have walked in your shoes . Just be strong and rest and start soon when you feel up to it .

@ Olamide123 , How are you today? I am asking about today because i am hoping and praying that you a feeling a little bit better than yesterday.
I know your heart is still heavy but you will smile again and hold your baby in your arms.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 7:12pm On Mar 23, 2011
WAVixen:

[/color]

Dont worry< sooner than you think. Anxiety comes with the terittory.
smiley

oduamine:

hallo,
The bleeding didnt stop. Went 4 scan yesterday n it was missed or incomplete abortion cried my eyes out cos it was painful 2 hear it doc said i av 2 undago evacuation n i did dat 2day it was an xperience i n husband will neva 4get.pls remember in prayers tanks 2 all
I am so sorry about that. Please take heart. Try to find out why the bleeding happened. Grieve,mourn and move on. You will smile and carry your own baby in Jesus name.

olamide123:

@ejademen, Congratulations!! your testimony will be permanent in Jesus name. U're one of the reasons I joined this forum cos i think my case is similar to what u went through. I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow to discuss what went wrong but from personal research, I am thinking I would need the cerclage next time. I wouldn't mind any info that could help. Thanks.
Thank you olamide123,it's nice to know that I inspired someone. ask whatever questions you have about the cerclage and I will answer as I can. All the best.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by boboclown: 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2011
Hi ladies, just came into this section.

@ Arlington, your words of encouragement are really great.

In April 2009, I had my 1st baby. Sometime in march, 2010 I missed my period and assumed I was pregnant. When I didn’t experience the symptoms of pregnancy, I went for a test and it was confirmed negative. I was advised to see a doctor and consequently tests were conducted and it was diagnosed that I had PID of which was treated and my husband had to be treated too.

My period came after 3 months and ever since then it has been irregular. Sometimes delaying for as long as the 47th day or being totally absent in a month. And right now, we are frantically working on getting another child.

Please, I have gone from doctors to doctors. Private hospitals to public and back to private hospital and am not getting any favourable solution.

What could be done to finally resolve this situation and subsequently my getting pregnant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
@boboclown,
You would need a doctor to properly advise you , however one cause of irregular periods is being extremely overweight or underweight.

What is you weight and height?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by boboclown: 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
GenBuhari:

@boboclown,
You would need a doctor to properly advise you , however one cause of irregular periods is being extremely overweight or underweight.

What is you weight and height?

Thanks. Like I said, I've been to doctors. both private hospitals and public(general hospitals). but nothing significant has been resolved.

I am 5ft 8' and weigh 55kg.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2011
boboclown,
I have calculated your BMI (= weight /(heightxheight)) to be 18.4 , so you appear to be below the recommended BMI range of: 19 - 25 for fertility.

You may want to consider adding minimum 6-10kg weight to see if you period regularizes.

Perhaps if you are doing excessive excercise, you could just try and eat more (do not eat unhealthy food) and /or reduce your excercise regime .
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by shollzy: 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2011
Doctor can u help me with my result. Cant understand it

fertility profile

LH:12

FSH:20

PROLACTIN:19

PROGESTERONE:3

ITS IT NORMAL OR IS THERE ANY PROBLEM COZ IM TRYING TO CONCEIVE.

THANKS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 24, 2011
@abiop,

Are you able to buy broccoli easily as boiling 250gram for 5 mins in 1 litre of water ,  you then drink the "broth" .
This can assist with improving amount  and quality of semen. You need to do daily for 7days and then off for 3 days and repeat for at least 3 cycles.

This is known as broccoli treatment and was designed for men with prostate problems, but have been shown to also increase male fertility and testosterone.

http://healthandwe.com/?page_id=2

Just realised as I was typing that I had been doing the treatment wrong as I had been including lots of black pepper which is actually not allowed.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
@shollzy,

Abeg oh!!

I am not a Doctor

I am just passing on what info I learnt from research on the Internet grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2011
Thanks GenBuhari
I have read about the Broccoli treatment but as much as I tried, I cudn't get it in Lagos or let me say around my neighborhood in Lagos.
Anybody with an idea of how one can get it?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ivynwa(f): 5:08am On Mar 25, 2011
by Olamide
i lost my son 6weeks and 1 day ago. its the worst thing that can happen to anyone. he was 24weeks old and was very healthy only that he was too young to breathe on his own. To say i am traumatized is putting it lightly but nothing in life seems to interest me anymore. he died in my arms, looked exactly like me and had his dads hair.

Ola sweetie take heart dearie, You will have another child soon okay Baby. I feel your pain. You are right joy surely comes in the morning.

by Gen Buhari
abiop,
Do you have a strategy for ensuring that u are baby dancing on the right days?
My wife and I have sex every other day between between day12 and day18 of her cycle.
very true
Someone I heard about falls pregnant when they have sex during her period.
ideally one should have sex consistently every 2 or 3days regardless of cycle, but someone like me we low-ish sperm count prefers to allow my body to build up sperm and target the fertile period (which could vary from woman to woman)

@GenBuhari
Brother It's very nice of you carrying the ladies on, cheering them on and being all mature and down to earth about pregnancy, you are a source of inspiration. May God be your strength. May God bless you and give you your heart's desire.

While BD, ladies mustn't just fix rigid dates and concentrate on the dates and lose sight of their body signs that will indicate more clearly when the ovulation is at hand. For example my ovulation days varies sometimes, it can be on the 11th or 12th or more and most times I know when I am ovulating because I get the mittelschmertz pain etc. What I am trying to say that if I fix dates to BD and while concentrating much on it and being rigid with numbers lose sight of my body signs, I may be defeating my aim. Ladies should be advised to get the kits that can help them ascertain the Ovulation period if they can't place their OV signs good, this will enable them BD on the perfect dates. All in all I am praying for all of you guys.

@Abiop
Looking for Broccoli? It's one of my favs too, check the Goodies supermarkets in Lagos, they have a branch close to Oniru in Victoria Isl, in the same street with that very big mall/supermarket, is  it called mega plaza or what, not sure again. There's another Goodies supermarket at Apapa, ask around, they may have it. Somebody has a big vegetable mart in front of their shop. Better still google their shop and make a call to find out first before going. It is going to be well brother. Amen

@Lola202 
Don't give up Sweetie, joy may just be around the corner!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by boboclown: 8:33am On Mar 25, 2011
GenBuhari:

boboclown,
I have calculated your BMI (= weight /(heightxheight)) to be 18.4 , so you appear to be below the recommended BMI range of: 19 - 25 for fertility.

You may want to consider adding minimum 6-10kg weight to see if you period regularizes.

Perhaps if you are doing excessive excercise, you could just try and eat more (do not eat unhealthy food) and /or reduce your excercise regime .
Thanks GB. but the truth is that I was even slimmer than this(about 45kg) when I took in for my first baby.

Meanwhile, I don't do any exercise apart from walking, which I do for leisure and not for exercise. and I usually don't walk a long distance. I have tried adding weight but can't seem to add anything reasonable.

As it is now, I saw my period from 12th February to 15th. And up till this day I've not seen it. I have tried calculation my ovulation period but because of this irregularity I have not been able to come up with a good result.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 25, 2011
@boboclown
If you want to put on weight , I am the person to ask as I am very accomplished in this area. grin

But seriously, the BMI guide is for the average person and in reality a BMI of 18.4 may be ok for you as individuals vary.

Was your periods regular at a body weight of 45kg?

There may be vitamins and food supplement that may help to regularize your periods, but I am not sure.
boboclown:

Thanks GB. but the truth is that I was even slimmer than this(about 45kg) when I took in for my first baby.

Meanwhile, I don't do any exercise apart from walking, which I do for leisure and not for exercise. and I usually don't walk a long distance. I have tried adding weight but can't seem to add anything reasonable.

As it is now, I saw my period from 12th February to 15th. And up till this day I've not seen it. I have tried calculation my ovulation period but because of this irregularity I have not been able to come up with a good result.

@Ivynwa,
Thanks for your kind words and encouragement smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by boboclown: 11:28am On Mar 25, 2011
Ok GB. how do I put on weight. What healthy foods or vitamins supplement would you recommend. Mind you am in Lagos, Nigeria.

My period was very regular @ weight 45kg. 28th day every cycle no delay @ all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2011
I am not sure you need to put on weight, since your period were regular at a weight of 45kg, there may be something else going on. You seem to be a naturally slim person.

But if you really want to try putting on weight I would suggest you simply doe the reverse of what people do to reduce weight , i.e

leave long periods between meals,

increase you portion size but try not to snack between meals.

Reduce water consumption.

cut back further on your walking

What is your typical daily diet?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 5:08pm On Mar 25, 2011
@Ivynwa

Thanks I will do that pronto and feed the house grin grin grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AppleofGod(f): 1:05am On Mar 28, 2011
Hello everyone,

pls I am new here,  I did scan and Doctor told me that he found 22mm x 21,   19 x 17 and 14mm x 14mm sizes of fibroid on my uterus wall.

pls I want to know if this will hinder me from getting pregnant as I am newly married. I wedded Dec., 2010 and have not conceived till now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by boboclown: 8:48am On Mar 28, 2011
GenBuhari:

I am not sure you need to put on weight, since your period were regular at a weight of 45kg, there may be something else going on. You seem to be a naturally slim person.

But if you really want to try putting on weight I would suggest you simply doe the reverse of what people do to reduce weight , i.e

leave long periods between meals,

increase you portion size but try not to snack between meals.

Reduce water consumption.

cut back further on your walking

What is your typical daily diet?

My typical daily diet? Hmmmmm, i usually skip breakfast weekdays. I go for brunch  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. That is lunch and usually from eatries around my office. Fried/jollof rice, vegetable salad, chicken/grilled fish.
Dinner is either yam porridge with vegetables, garri(Eba) with soup.

Weekends Mornings---Pap with dodo/ Fried eggs with boiled yam

lunch--- Beans with boiled plantain/yam

Dinner---Eba with soup/ Rice and stew.

Fruits are taken ocassionally but usually weekdays after lunch.

Guess its not much ehn?

I am really getting frantic about this pregnancy issue and its like each morning, when i wake up, I pray for a miracle to happen. I am in my mid-thirties and people keep saying that at this age range, it gets pretty deifficult to conceive.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 28, 2011
@boboclown,
Your diet seems fine and healthy.
You just have to make sure that your portions are adequate.

My guess is that you are probably at a healthy weight for yourself.

It is in many published research that after the mid-30s fertility falls off drastically in women, however like everything else every individual is different and some people may not experience any reduction in their fertility they are in their 40's.

Being frantic and stressed would not really help, you need to try and relax and try not to worry about it or be concerned about getting pregnant. Perhaps give yourself the occasional couple of month's "break" from trying to conceive and just make love for recreation.

If you bosom fed your last baby, how long ago was it that you stopped bosom feeding? This may affect how soon your periods return / return to normal.
boboclown:

My typical daily diet? Hmmmmm, i usually skip breakfast weekdays. I go for brunch  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. That is lunch and usually from eatries around my office. Fried/jollof rice, vegetable salad, chicken/grilled fish.
Dinner is either yam porridge with vegetables, garri(Eba) with soup.

Weekends Mornings---Pap with dodo/ Fried eggs with boiled yam

lunch--- Beans with boiled plantain/yam

Dinner---Eba with soup/ Rice and stew.

Fruits are taken ocassionally but usually weekdays after lunch.

Guess its not much ehn?

I am really getting frantic about this pregnancy issue and its like each morning, when i wake up, I pray for a miracle to happen. I am in my mid-thirties and people keep saying that at this age range, it gets pretty deifficult to conceive.

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by boboclown: 3:37pm On Mar 28, 2011
The truth is that even after I stopped bosom feeding my baby(august/sept 2009), my period came on around october 2009, and was regular up until march 2010, when this issue started.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2011
How is everyone doing i hope good.
I am down today , I know that there are principalities and powers, but i am one who tries not to finger them out in every situation i find my self, i just leave it all to God and pay them no mind.
But 2 times in 2 weeks now 2 diffrent pastors(i don't mean hog wash ones oh they do not ask for money or say donate sow seed etc they just pray with us when ever we need extra prayers etc) have said to pray against the sudden death of my son. They do not know each other so i can not say it is planned .

I am so scared after all i have been through, for me now to lose my child will not be an option . My state of mind if it happens i can kill my self . i am a very strong person but i can not imagine taking such a blow now that i am happy after so long.
My GOD DO NOT FORSAKE ME DO NOT LET MY ENEMIES ASK WHERE IS HER GOD FIGHT MY BATTLE FOR ME.
i am bearing out my soul about how i feel so please put me in your prayers pray to God for me and my child, this is all i ask thank you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 6:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
Arly first of all relax. Don't dwell on the negative or you'll get all worked up. Thank God you have been advised to pray so pray. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. I'm sure your prayers will be answered. Your son will not die.Perish that thought. Don't allow the devil to use fear to destroy your joy. Be positive,pray,confess the Word of God,sing songs of praise,be joyful and watch your son grow and outlive you. The devil is a liar. Peace be unto you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2011
Thank you so much Ejadamen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 7:10pm On Mar 28, 2011
GOD is not a wicked one and I verily believe so. Sometimes dream and prophesy are meant to gear up with from whichever way of life we have become slacken. And this I want to believe is the case in this one. Like a popular saying, good things demand and deserve prayer likewise, the other side. So We will all join you in our private capacities and pray to GOD to, not only let him live but let him live a long life in good health and prosperity. And the GOOD LORD will not substitute your life nor that of your husband with your baby’s life. HE SHALL NOT DIED but live to declare the GLORY of the LORD. God would consider your efforts in starting this thread and the ways in which you have brought succor to some people.

THE DEVIL IS LIAR AND ALWAYS A LOOSER.

RELAX AND HAVE ABSOLUTE AND UNSHAKEABLE FAITH IN THE LORD.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2011
@ Abiop thank you so much you guys are giving me strength. The kind of hot prayer i prayed today if i was the devil i will be scared sef!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2011
@Arlington,
I am shocked and saddened, by this.

Please relax nothing would bad would happen.

Some pastors are evil oh!!!

Dont mind them, I know you are already close to God, he will continue to protect you and your child.

Some of this pastors can see that your son is very close to your heart and if they are evil may use it as a leverage for you to patronage them.

Avoid all pastors - many of them feed on peoples fears and insecurities.

Please do not visit any more pastors, because many are fake and you do not need this type of psychological manipulation. Continue your normal relationship with God and going to church and you would be fine.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 8:16pm On Mar 28, 2011
@ GB i no dey visit pastors oh cheesy I am known to always run from prophecys as i always find them worrying. Anyway as long as it is not a pastor that gave me my child I will just hold unto God's word.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 1:00pm On Mar 29, 2011
My dear Alington,

I can imagine how u feel. Don't be bothered coz no such thing
would happen to your baby. I for one hate prophecies coz they make me
worry over things i have no control over.
Dat boy has come to stay and NOTHING would happen to him.

Let me share a similar experience;
when i was pregnant, my aunt called me and told me she was just from
seeing a lady (herbalist/seeer) who said my baby would die during delivery
that i had some water in my womb and the baby would drink and die during delivery
she said i needed to come to her so she could "wash" me. I almost cried eyeballs that day
but i finally told myself i was going nowhere and that God who put this child in my womb
was not a fool. Thank God i did not even think of that incident during delivery and today she is 7 months old and
very active and happy.
So my dear sister, I beleive the devil is using those pastors. I will be praying with you. BE STRONG.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Echala: 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2011
@Arlington,

Please I beg of you try and relax I know sometimes its not easy but thats what you need to do at this time. God is not a man that he should lie or the son of man that he should repent from what he has said, because he said we will live and not die, be rest assured no eveil will befall your son. He shall live to declare the glory of God. We are all praying for you, it is well.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by olamide123: 2:07am On Mar 30, 2011
@ejadamen, thanks, when I saw the doctors they believe that my pprom was caused by an infection rather than an incompetent cervix because i was in labour for about five hours. they said this was normal as i did not need to dilate fully to deliver at 24weeks. Did your waters break too? were you in labour aswell? Now about the cerclage, what is the risk of infection from the procedure? Am a really a candidate for cerclage? The doctor says they do not diagnose incompetent cervix after one pprom so having the cerclage is based on my decision. I would take any precaution to prevent another occurence. what other precautions are you taking alongside the cerclage? Thanks a lot.

@Arly, the blessings of the Lord brings no sorrow with them. You are an annointed daughter of the most high God, therefore ure not a candidate for the devils handiwork. Pray and Relax, God is in control!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nekibull: 9:10am On Mar 30, 2011
hi every1 TTC. Im new and have been told the most devastating news. I have bilateral tubal oclusion. Il like to know every1 who has been told they have blocked fallopian tubes and what my honest options are. Been married 4 16mnths. Baby dust to all

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.