Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5423028 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 11:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lol @ twingirls. U know say all na recipe testing. The tomato juice is either I juice the tomatoes, or I blend them. Normally 2 tomatoes and I heat it till hot. That's all o.

Then for the stew, I just blend my tomatoes, pepper, onions. Put them in a pot, throw my raw meat inside and 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Cover and cook till the rawness of the tomato disappears.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by dimssy11: 12:48am On Aug 25, 2013
Hello fruitful mamas,this is my first tym posting here I hope I am welcum. I hav been ttc for over 3yr, our major challenge is infection staph which resurface after treatment, dh counts is low due 2 d staph. we hav tried various drugs .without any change we decided to try herbs nxt month. Abbah father is in d house he wil answer us soon. @ all who got their BFP I say congrats you will all carry 2 term IJN Amen n all still waiting on God pls knw he never fails @ mamaT thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by SurefunmiOluwa(f): 5:43am On Aug 25, 2013
Welcome Dimmssy, why don't ϔσu try another gyn, there are some injections that ϔσu are meant to be given too apart from antibiotics. The Lord will hear our prayer.

@All goodmorning have a great *time in God's presence today and He will hear all our supplications AMEN
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 25, 2013
Hello Dimssy11, ℓ̊ think you might find my post on page 217 helpful. Btw, Ɣ☺ΰ are sooo Welcome. Safe G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡ collect Onile money from you sha grin grin grin
MamaTriplets: Hi Peeps, How are we all holding up. God is our Strength. ℓ̊ want to talk about staphylococcus aureus infection although ℓ̊ did justice to this topic sometime ago. Buh since some of Us are asking questions related to it, ℓ̊ might just put in my two cents. Doctors see staph as no big deal cos its found virtually everywhere. On our skin, nostril, moist surfaces like the vee jay jay. At the point of intercourse, wen a man rubs his peni.s on our v.agina and cli.t for fore.play he can contact staphylococcus. So Ɣ☺ΰ must wash up properly before s.ex, pls ℓ̊ did not say douch. For me even after ℓ̊ bath after work, ℓ̊ have a pack of Baby wipes by my bedside n anytime We want to Do the DO ℓ̊ just take some wipes and use it to clean my Labia region, just incase. Its been working. For years we Battled with recurrent staph infection. The symptoms for me comes as boils on my labia majora and yellowish discharge while DH complains of sharp pain in his spheres. Staph can affect a man so badly as to reduce count and motility. A doctor that we once went to see said its normal to see scanty staph during a culture that it means nothing as it could have entered during 'collection' of the se.men. But wen he saw the poor count, morphology and motility he decided to treat only DH. Only for me to re-infect him. ℓ̊ met a Lab scientist who taught me how to treat staph. We did a culture with him and bought the prescribed drugs. After 4 weeks of taking the last dose we went for a test. ℓ̊ had developed heavy staph from my previous moderate growth result. I was devasted. The Lab man told me ℓ̊ have to retest every 2 weeks after the last dose of treament not 4 weeks as the drug sensitivity in the scanty phase might be different from moderate phase and different from heavy phase. So ℓ̊ took my drugs again and this time ℓ̊ went back to test in 2 weeks and discovered that the staph was in scanty phase and sensitive to a different drug entirely!!! ℓ̊ used the drug to combat it. Went back to test after 2 weeks and there was nothing!!! All this while ℓ̊ n DH had protected intercourse during the treatment period. ℓ̊ changed all my Panties and his shorts too. I Use dettol and dettol cool to bath and wash our undies. ℓ̊ hope we understand it all. @Greenfruits, hope Ɣ☺ΰ are better now? @All, Our God who has Promised is Faithful to Fulfill!!! Lovely Weekend Y'all.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lizzyslaw(f): 6:12am On Aug 25, 2013
@MamaT, ː̗̀=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​ℓσℓz•ː̗̀=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​, I like ur style. Back wt a bang. Fear nor let me too happy and dance b4, I nor want make u vex waka. Good morn.

@Dimssy, welcome 2 d family.

@All, Good good morn.

@Honeypie, thank u jor. I know say e nor go pass ebelebo afterall, the owner of this fruit catch me on top d tree one day for pry sch while my friends dey ground kneel down dey cry dey beg while me dey kampe on top undecided

@ Dreams, sist, so nor be d fleshy part we go give DH, na d thing wey dey after u don break d shell. Hmmmm were person go see dt one
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:35am On Aug 25, 2013
Lol@ Lizzy. Na the nut o! If you have the tree near you, you can organise boys to pick the fruits for you, then you process. grin Or buy from a good supermarket. Wetin man go do na?

Welcome Dimssy, may your stay here be short and sweet.

The first of the fertility friendly recipes is up.

http://www.frostedbakeshopng..com/2013/08/unripe-plantains-with-simple-lamb.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by onyinyechika: 6:58am On Aug 25, 2013
Goodmorning fruitful mamas.happy sunday to u all. Abeg I hve somethin bothering me oo. Yest after I bed with dh in d morning, I experienced serious cramps dt lasted d whole day with serious headche in d evening. Pls what could be the cause as I was just 2dpo. MY sabi sabi mamas pls help ur sis unravel this as I neva experience it b4.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 7:02am On Aug 25, 2013
Haha @ lizzy its fruit oo,dats wat we knew it as while growin up,i cn imagin yu on d tree.@dreams nice recipie,green plantain flour and veg soup with a glass of chilled tomato juice is anoda fertility friendly diet,yu put lots of snail rada dan meat.green plantain nd snail got very high iron.so its ferfect for mums to be.can i post d recipie here?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favoredgal: 7:45am On Aug 25, 2013
@onyinye i think whe you are in your 2ww the cervix is more sensitive. I used to cramp sometimes too when i bd after ovulation...it will feel like my period is coming that day that day

@ mamaT..hmmm. i see you are back with a bang grin kiss kiss
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by onyinyechika: 8:03am On Aug 25, 2013
Thanks favgirl, nw I kno its nothing to worry abt.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
Honiepie, Pls do. I have a recipe like that. With grilled snails and greens. Pls post yours, let's compare. Thanks dear
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 12:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
@dreams happi sundae dear,i must commend yur recipe blog,lik yu said soon we wud get to knw ur kids too.amen,d recipe is ttc and fertility friend.its green plantain flour and veg soup.to be on d safe side its best yu prepare yur green plantain flour and avoid buyin from open market as dey mix it with cassava in other to maximize profit.Now let me xplain hw yu can prepare ur green plantain flour for d benefit of some.jus buy ur matured green plantain(it must nt show sign of gettin ripe or yellow pigmentation at all)pill the back,the cut in very thin cubes and spread in a cool dry area within(inside)ur house,u must never spread outside as dis wud reduce the nutitional values.once its dry,really dry lik fried chips,yu den take to a dry mill and grind.prepare it lik semovita and its ready to serve,the colour is normally dark brown to light blk lik amala.it has very high iron and is perfect for a ttc,diabetic,dieters but its a big NO for a sickler.then coming to the soup,we ve got diffrent ways we prepare our veg soup,but one of the ways i enjoy is called green vegetable,we all knw d veg we call green,the fresh young ones hv high water content,mode of prep.pick,wash and shred yur green veg.keep aside,wash your snail,fresh nd dried fish and okproko(stock fish)blend pepper to taste,salt,maggi,crayfish.wash your okporoko,put in the pot nd place on a high heat burner,10mins to when its cooked enough(depending on hw hard u want it)put yur snail,5mins latter put d fresh fish,by now the water level has reduced from cookin d stock fish,pls remember to add ur spice(maggi,salt,pepper,crayfish)then oil as soon as the stockfish boils,cook all together till they r tender enough and water has almost dried up,then gently stir in green veg.pls add onion if yu wish,4 me i always do.turn down the heat n simmer for 2mins,its ready.veg shud nt b left on d fire 4 long.its prefarable to prepare ur plantain flour,wrap and cover in a flask b4 preparin the soup,to avoid warmin it b4 eatin.you can blend raw tomato wit d pulp nd place in d refrigerator b4 u start cooking so yu cud serve it chilled along with d food.tomato is d male prostrate friend,so it soothes and feeds his fertlity gland.enjoy yur meal.pls use very little palm oil,the soup should come out green kind of and shud nt hv running water,jus lik edikaikong.sorry 4 d long post,eyes rolling.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2013
Honiepie, I'm sooo making this soon. As I was reading your post, I was imagining the lumps of plantain entering my mouth. Thank u. I'm in the process of making my own plantain flour. I'm drying the plantains under a fan, I hope that's not bad o. I actually wanted to experiment with it to make pancakes. I didn't even remember fufu. thank you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 1:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
@dreams haha yu cnt beat d taste,its really nice,4 mode of drying,its perfect dring its ok to dry under d fan,but never under the sun.yu can also cook nd drink d stock,wen yu r nt in d mood to eat snail,it contains high iron too.another quick fix is one finger of banana nd few scoops of greek yougourt or any fat free yougourt,its good for charlie horse(leg cramp during pregnancy)take it daily,banana contains potassium,which is recommended during pregnancy.coconut water is equally gud nd infact contains more potassium dan banana but u knw its antidote nd has d tendency to sabbotage ur vitamins so stick to banana,yougourt is fermented milk nd contains edible yeast its a perfect combo to combat charlie horse.anoda ttc friendly recipie is green plantain porridge,mode of prep:wash,then peel the bk of the green plantain,cut in cubes and pour in a pot containing room temp.water,the water shud b slightly above d plantain,cover and allow to boil,then add palm oil to taste,crayfish,salt,pepper,snail,after 3mins add ur washed fresh dried fish(lik asa fish etc),cover to cook,once its cooked,then plantain will be tender,or soft to taste then add ur nchanwu(scent leaf)and onion,cover nd simmer 4 a minute or so,open,with a wooden flat spatula or shallow spoon stare it carefully to avoid mashing d plantain nd fish,wen properly mixed put d pot down d food is ready.serve with chilled tigernut milk.(we already knw d recipe to get milk frm tiger nut)
Nchanwu(basil leaf )has high iron,
green unripe plantain has high iron
Snail has high iron
Fish is protein
Palm oil has vitamin A
Red pepper contributes to male fertility
Tiger nut milk is fertility friendly
These are d major ingredients,they are all fertility friend,enjoy ur meal.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 1:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
@dreams,Sorry 4 typo errors,am on d rd.i meant stock of snail contains equally as high iron as eatin d snail it self.hope u understand d post sha?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
@ Nice, the lord is ur strength
@ honiepie thabks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by SurefunmiOluwa(f): 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
Honiepie darling, thank ϔσu somuch for all these recipessssss. God will bless ϔσu and settle your home, bring Ɣ☺ΰƦ cheek ℓ̊ want to peck You, muaaaaaaaaah
Please am not a food person what kind of tea is good for ttc and milk as well. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by taramisore15: 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
Dimssy i am also thinking of going a bit herbal for infection, had staph and candidiasis spent a lot treating and its not just leaving me alone, still find discharges here and there. abstained, treated with DH, changed panties and boxers for DH, now iron all undies especially pant and boxers but i am still not healed of infection yet.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
@funmi,whole milk would hv bn better,but 4 d sake u r also watchin weight.pure almond milk is d most appropriate.i ve added a link 4 u.
http://www.couponersunited.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/almond.png
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by twingirls: 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2013
Dreamsinbic a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ honey come here, come here for your hugs, U̶̲̥̅̊ are too ‎∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇G∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇D∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙!

I wld av luv to comment on ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ blog but couldn't, dint know why?

Can we substitute chicken ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ lamb? Can't wait to get fresh green plantain.
 ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ actually drying a set now, tank God dia hasn't been sun, never knew its wrong to dry under sun!

Honey, never knew i can cook my green wtout soaking I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ hot water!

I'm going to love dis blog, i actually av a farm I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ my house wia i plant my veggies, i ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ a sucker ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ nutritious food a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ dh is also interested! I'm so so excited.

I tink i av a recipe ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ lovers of fizzy drinks, its made wt grren tea,honey a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ lemon. Chill it a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ you remember coke. I usually make eva bottle wt 3 green teabags.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
Honiepie, yes, I understood the post. I love snails! Thank u!

@all, did you know that a bowl of oatmeal might help someone get pregnant? In fact, it is believed that ot is one of the best things we can do to increase our chances of conception. Read more and enjoy the recipe here
http://www.frostedbakeshopng..com/2013/08/coconut-oatmeal-with-date-syrup.html?m=1
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by twingirls: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
Dreamsinbic a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ honey come here, come here for your hugs, U̶̲̥̅̊ are too ‎∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇G∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇D∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙!

I wld av luv to comment on ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ blog but couldn't, dint know why?

Can we substitute chicken ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ lamb? Can't wait to get fresh green plantain.
 ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ actually drying a set now, tank God dia hasn't been sun, never knew its wrong to dry under sun!

Honey, never knew i can cook my green wtout soaking I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ hot water!

I'm going to love dis blog, i actually av a farm I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ my house wia i plant my veggies, i ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ a sucker ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ nutritious food a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ dh is also interested! I'm so so excited.

I tink i av a recipe ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ lovers of fizzy drinks, its made wt grren tea,honey a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ lemon. Chill it a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ you remember coke. I usually make eva bottle wt 3 green teabags.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
Twingirls, anything that is a good replacement for coke will be like finding a goldmine to me. Do u have quantities for the lemon and honey, or should I just add to my taste? And should I boil it? Yes, you can use chicken instead. And I never soak my greens in hot water o! I just add them like that.
Awww, y can't you leave comments? R u getting any error message?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
@twin yes yu can cook it without soakin in hot water,as a matter of fact d shorter time it stays heated(on d burner) d better,not more than 3mins atmost,to get d best.another fin is for ttc,diabetics nd dieters to drink a nutritious liquid with EVERY meal.we now learnt about tiger nut milk,tomato juice(pls blend urs)dnt buy packaged ones,almond milk etc.
http://thescienceofeating.com/proteins/benefits-of-almond-milk/.its very gud for ttc nd dieters.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by twingirls: 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
Another one! I love U̶̲̥̅̊, dreamsinbic, dh sent his luv! How do i get almond flour? Can i av d recipe ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ almond flour pancake!
don't know why, was clicking add comment, but it wasn't going

‎​Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§, add d lemon to taste, i usually, make 1 big eva water (hot) wt 3 green tea  . Wait until cold, then refrigerate. Once i av d urge ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ coke, i serve d already chilled tea, add my lemon and honey to taste, it gives d same satisfaction i get frm coke.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
You gals are soooooooo busy in the kitchen and am silently taking note of all the recipes. For the green tea coke lol! Tomorrow its gonna be chilling in my fridge followed by the tiger nuts milk.Almonds hmm working on them
@Nice14 no shaking forget the devil.
Ok lets go SALTY!
1. If you drop a whole egg on the floor, pour salt all over the egg, let itsit for awhile, then use dustpan, the egg will come right up, without all that mess. 2. Soak stained hankies insalt water before washing. 3. Sprinkle salt on your shelves to keepants away. 4. Soak fish in salt water before descaling; the scales will come off easier. 5. Put a few grains of rice in your saltshaker for easier pouring. 6. Add salt to green salads to prevent wilting. 7. Test the freshness of eggs in a cup of salt water; fresh eggs sink;bad ones float. 8. Add a little salt to your boiling water when cooking eggs; a cracked egg will stay in its shell this way. 9. A tiny pinch of salt with egg whites makes them beat up fluffier. 10. Soak wrinkled apples in a mildly salted water solution to perk them up. 11. Rub salt on your pancake griddle and your flapjacks won't stick. 12. Soak toothbrushes in salt water before you first use them; they will last longer. 13. Use salt to clean your discolored coffee pot. 14. Mix salt with turpentine to whiten you bathtub and toilet bowl
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
Twingirls, can you get almonds? And do you have a food processor? If you do, just process the almonds. If you can get almonds but don't have a food processor, just take it to those women who grind egusi in the market. Or if you have that type of grinder, perfect. If you want to make almond milk, make the milk first, but when you sieve it, don't throw away the chaff. Dry it in your oven or elsewhere and grind. That's almond flour, nothing to it,
For the pancake, use 1/2 cup of almond flour, one egg and 2 tablespoons of coconut milk or almond milk. I don't sweeten, but you can, if you want. I just like the nutty tasteof the almonds. That remindsme, cooking spray is important to cut down on oil intake. When I fry eggs now, I just spray and pour egg. The same thing with pancakes. Spray the fry-pan and make your pancakes.

Pink22, tomorrow, I'm going to purposely drop an egg on the floor to try that tip. I'm clumsy, so if that works, hmmmmmm, cool! Thank you
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
@dreams r u kidding?yu mean wit almond chaff u can dry nd get d flour?wow incredible.i'd try dat.pls do we still hv star apples in nija?i heard its awesome 4 fertility.someone claimed it increases d chances of muliple birth,any clue my sabi sisters?welkom @pink,hope our prayerz touched d right places?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by omalichachim(f): 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
hello sisters, its Igabe, i can't login with that. Hope we spent our weekend well.

@honeypie, thanks honey for the almond, you are good, the fertility recipes are wonderful, i will try them.

@Dreamsinbc, thanks sweethie, i will try the recipe tomorow, you are a great cook.

Baby dust to us
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by aadetoyin(f): 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
I must try out the green tea fizzy drink because I have missed taking fizzy drinks. So we can try to stay healthy and also enjoy the great taste.
♣ƭћǟπƙs♣ for all the recipes. ☺
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
Any time Dreamsinbc
@Honiepie sure they did, tanx love
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by dimssy11: 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2013
Thank u all 4 accepting me, God will answer us all speedily. @ All Ezekiel 12 vs 28 says "thus saith the lord God, there shall none of my word be prolonged any more, but the word which I have spoken shall be done, saith the lord God". Sisters let's key into this word ,God has said it n so shall it b. Every delay in our lives has been cancelled IJN Amen.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.