Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,934 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5422835 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by twingirls: 12:08am On Aug 26, 2013
Dimsy11, U̶̲̥̅̊ are welcome, wishin U̶̲̥̅̊ a short stay here, U̶̲̥̅̊ ωȊ̝̊̅ℓℓ soon move to d pregnant thread by His grace,  got carried away wt all dis cooking recipes.

Dreamsinbc, yu are da best,  can get almond nut, guess i wil make d almond milk like d tigernutmilk?  can't wait! Wat of avocado a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ grapes? Heard they are excellent fertility food!

Pink22, are U̶̲̥̅̊ serious? Dis common normal salt? Hmnnnnn! D price of ignorance

Honeymi, wh one is star apple again o?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:53am On Aug 26, 2013
hello
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ayaakanoh: 5:38am On Aug 26, 2013
@All una good moringus,hope ya all have a gr8 weekend? This week shall bring abundant rain of blessing,favour,divine healing our way IJN
@dimsy11 and prettyrosefav you mamas are welcome into this glorious thread,the Lord will perfect all that concerns you IJN
@honey&dreams thanks so much for the recipe,your Joy will not be stolen IJN
@alwaystrue,omonikiba,cjonne,iyabetajos and every other beriful mamas I believe we are all doing good.
@Udoka2 still waiting to hear from you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ayaakanoh: 5:40am On Aug 26, 2013
@Prettyrosefave our sabisabi sister will soon come and do justice to you questions
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 7:24am On Aug 26, 2013
@All, we thank the Lord for the success of the last praise day. I want to remind us that when we look away from the bigness of God and magnify whatever challenges we have, we are in actual fact helping the devil to exalt his throne as seen in the verse below:

Isaiah 14:12-14
12 "How you are fallen from heaven, O shining star, son of the morning! You have been thrown down to the earth, you who destroyed the nations of the world.
13 For you said to yourself, 'I will ascend to heaven and set my throne above God's stars. I will preside on the mountain of the gods far away in the north.
14 I will climb to the highest heavens and be like the Most High.'
15 Instead, you will be brought down to the place of the dead, down to its lowest depths.

Therefore, I want to encourage someone this morning that when we look unto the Lord and believe in Him, we are actually praising Him and lifting His throne above all the earth and that is part of the significance of prasing the Lord in all situations. We lift and exalt the Lord instead of whinning and complaining which is 'praise' to the devil because it means we are seeing the problem as big.
The Lord is set to do us good...let the flow of praise be continuous.

@Ayaakanoh, thanks dear. I am doing good o. Thanks for the concern. May the Lord remember you for good.

@Dreamsinbc, Honeypie, Pink22, twinsgirls, I see you and your kitchen acrobatics. Thanks for the tips on salt and almond flour. You guys are too much.

@newbies, welcome to a place where we learn and are well-rounded and may your desires be granted.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:03am On Aug 26, 2013
Welcome, prettyrosefave, may your stay here be short and sweet. I don't have answers to your questions, but someone who does will come along shortly.
Thank you, dear @Alwaystrue. Pls keep up the good work of supplying us with scripture and encouragement.
@Twingirls, yes, you make it the same way you make tiger nut milk. And you are absolutely right, avocados and grapes are very good for fertility. Have been trying to get my hands on fresh avocados to try out some recipes, no luck yet. Pls does anyone know where I can find them in Abuja?
@Honiepie, yes, you can make flour from the left over almond chaff. I do exactly the same thing with coconuts now. After expressing the milk, dry in your oven or under the fan, then grind to a powder.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Moyinoluwa83: 9:54am On Aug 26, 2013
@mamatriplets, thanks for that information. We are glad you are back and may God bless your home abundantly

@Dimsy11 and prettyrosefave, u are welcome. Your stay here will be short because u will move to the pregnanacy tread quickly

@twingirls, i dey salute o. Ekaaro o.

@Honeypie, you are too much. thanks for your support and research. may God reward you abundantly

@pinky pinky, thanks for the salt tips. Will definitely try the one for removing fish scales

@Dreaminbc, my teacher I remain loyal o smiley. Thanks for the good work. Please how can i make coconut milk and almond milk, and secondly, Quinoa is a super fertility food. you can do ur research on it, you will be pleasantly surprised.You can get Avocado from any fruit vendor.

@all my sisters, business don open o, who wants to process and sell plantain flours to us o. Tiger nut milk nko, Almond milk etc. Oya fertility friendly food for sale grab your own now!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by atonementchild: 10:14am On Aug 26, 2013
Morng all,hope you had a restful weekend.
@Dimsyll and Prettyrosefave you are all welcome. I am sure your stay here will be short and sweet.
@ Dreamsinbc,you can get fresh avocados from local mkts around abuja,also try wuse where they sell meat at the back.
I am so enjoying the recipes and ferility friendly food info. Which one be Quinoa? Make i ask Mr Google.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Roopas81: 10:31am On Aug 26, 2013
Hi,, i am from India, Staying in Rwanda, I undergone treatment in India in a fertility centre in Chennai. I was able to conceive through IVF treatment. Now i am back to rwanda. i heard that antenatal screening should be undertaken so that to check whether the child is affected by Down syndrome. I came to know about this when i am undergoing the ivf treatment in Chennai itself.
Dr. Samundi said me to undergo this antenatal test, which they do in their hospital. now i cant go back to India again for the same. Can anyone aware of this and is there any ivf clinic in nigeria doing this test, friends pls advise. i am into my 8th month now. soon i need to get this test to be done.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by atonementchild: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2013
Ok,just asked Mr Google about quinoa,its a grain that is very rich but not indeginious to Nigeria so i guess we can only get it in supermarkets at the most.happy hunting
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cjnone2: 10:45am On Aug 26, 2013
"all, The Almighty God that parted the red sea. Let him part every obstacle to our fruitfulness this week IJN

May the Almighy God direct our steps to the right doctor, right food, right friend, right neighbour, right everything that will enhance our frutifulness sharply IJN.

May God Almighty keep very far away from us all those over sabi doctors tongue like the one mummy pinky pinky met first, IJN

May God Almighty no allow us meet those wrong neighbours, friendS/family members that will take us to the wrong pastor, harbal healer etc that will complicate our case IJN.

May we find peace in our marriage IJN.

@alwaystrue, I dey greet o.

@mummy udoka, u travel ni?. abeg come spray that our redest carpet for mamatriplets. She don land with a bang.

MamaTriplets, we miss u no be small but as @safe06 talk. I dey vex because we dey here dey worry ourselves, d cast/bind/loose wondering how you are doing not knowing you are busy enjoying your dh quick action. okey, nothing dox you but abeg make una take am easy so that una no go injure d triplets in the womb. jeje dey do am.

@dream, @honeypie, @lizzylaw, una do well. may God Almighty put unending joy to your efforts sharp sharp.IJN

@ayaakoneh. my sister. God dey knock for your back door now with loads of blessings, ebi like say bfp follow the things e carry. abeg open sharp sharp collect them.

@newbis, una welcome.

@safe06. I wan change your name to @sweetpie cos you sweet die. how borri.

@all way follow mamatriplets direction to increase dh quick action. I know dey oo. make una no come here come complain of broken legs. grin grin

Make we carry waka this week cos God Almighty is watching our back......... THIS TTC WILL SOON PASS AWAY....IJN
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:49am On Aug 26, 2013
@atonementchild and moyinoluwa, thanks, I will check wuse market. I've only found almost dead avocados with fruit vendors around here. Thanks
Yes, Quinoa is a superfood, but I can't find it anywhere. I've seen something that looks like it, but I'm not sure. Thanks for bringing it up, now I can ask fellow mums here. Abeg, is Acha Quinoa? The grains look similar but I'm not perfectly certain. If someone is sure, please let me know.
Moyinoluwa, for almond milk, soak your almonds in water, preferably overnight. Blend and add water as you blend till you get your desired consistency.
For coconut milk, if you have a food processor or a high-speed blender, cut coconuts into chunks and process or blend. If using a blender, add some water and blend. Remove the coconut and put in a bowl. Add hot water, mix and pour into a sieve or straining cloth to remove all the water. Repeat once more. If you want flour, dry the chaff and grind. You can also make coconut oil like this. About 5 coconuts gave me 3/4 cup of coconut oil. When you make the milk, pour into a container, cover and leave in a warm place for 48 hours. Use a transparent container to help you see the oil level. You will see the oil on top after about 2 days. To help in removing the oil, just place the container in the fridge when you've seen the oil. The oil will solidify on top and you can just take it out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:50am On Aug 26, 2013
@Cjnone, tnxxxxxx
I just found the answer, Acha is not quinoa. It's fonio or hungry rice. From what i see so far, it might be a food stand in if you can't find quinoa. Will let you guys know, let me look at the nutritional info for both.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2013
@moyin & cjnone yu r welkom dears,@dreams can yu actually blend almond ?am considering d nut inside.hv u tried it?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by twingirls: 11:34am On Aug 26, 2013
Dreamsinbic, Ĵüڪ† finished my bowl of oat wt dh, its simply fabulous, even promised to make ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ unripe plantain recipe ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ his dinner, I'm thinking of using fish, wat type is best ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ fertility?

I once got quinoa I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ mile 12 market (Lagos) but couldn't get again after finishing i one i bought,  really need more
​ђã†̥ is acha? How can we get it?

Moyin a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ atonement, i salute o, all dis delicacies D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ excite me so, so i can watch my weight a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ eat healthy varieties at d same  ! God punish d devil
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 26, 2013
dimsy11 & prettyrosefave u are welcome. may your stay here not be long
i thank all our sabi sabi sisters wey dey give us all the fertility food and drinks. God go bless you all IJN AMEN
@all i welcome all to this weekday. pls dreamsinbc is it the seed of the "fruit" almond we should grind and the tiger nut should be fermented
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by LoreTemi1(f): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
@Dreamsinbc and honeypie,thanks for those recipes,I will start mine tmao.

@Cjone,Amen to ur prayer.

@all,I hail ooooooo,happy new week.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by dimssy11: 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
@ surefumi I hav changed gyn oh! Bt they don't see staph as sumtin serious.
@mamaT thank you very much it is just wat I need.
@taramisore my younger sista told a nurse dat treats infection n infertility with herbs n drugs, Abt me I didn't tell d nurse anytin she gave I n dh test 2 run, 4rm d test result which still showed infection she said she will send us herbs n fertility drugs.
@Dream thanks 4 d recipes I will try them, just dat dh is very picky.
@ All hav a wonderful day.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
Honiepie, I don't understand the question o. For almond milk or almond flour? For almond flour, you don't have to extract the milk first (although you can, if you want to), just make sure the almond is dry, then use a food processor or dry mill that comes with blender to blend. For milk, soak the almonds then blend with water.
Twingirls, salmon, tilapia, cod, croaker are good. Reduce mackerel intake (Titus fish) because of mercury issues. That doesn't mean you should eliminate it completely o, just minimise consumption.
Dimssy, your DH will be pleasantly surprised.
@tundeseun, thanks darl.
@Chyvia, yes, it is. I think the correct method of getting out the seeds is to put the fruit pods on fire till they pop and release the seeds. If you break them, you risk smashing the almonds. Yes, soak the tiger nuts to make it soft enough for your blender.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MarJuly(f): 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
@ dreamstick, where can i get almond flour
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flakeey(f): 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
happy new week my sisters from another mothers.
@newbies...ona welcome o, enjoy ur short stay

@all kitchen mommas, am so loving all these recipes
burti y naaa, we dat we hardly have time ehn, pesin mouth go just dey water, its not fair o
i leave home as early as 5.45 and get home not earlier than 8pm, it is well *seriously sobbing*
would try the one i can lay my hands on dis weekend.

@dreams..there is this almond i used to munch in the office and its yummie, i get it from shoprite, its canned almonds
i hope its okay to munch sha.

tnx mamaT, would adhere bur i dey fear o, dis one wey be say i just start to dey give hubby mustard mixture, he bbm me on friday say he dey feel hor.ny for office, say make i quick close, if i con add these ones nko *chai, my enemy yaff die o and i neva recover from the weekend crin crum higi haga.
@CJnone..lol @ broken leg, safe06 don dey teach u bad bad things, abi?

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 3:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
@prettyrose

Bromo and cyclogest can be used together. Cyclogest can be started after O, if you really know when u actually did O. Beware, it can give false pg syptoms and delay af...and you need to stop it before af can arrive for some people. For me it gave me 18days luteal phase all the times l used it, then af will start with spotting and flows normally when l stop it.
parlodel and bromergon do same thing, l used the two cant really differentiate... however, some claim parlodel gave them headache while bromergon didnt, my case is the reverse.

I never used money to buy cyclogest, was given to me by my hmo hospital, however, someone told it it costs about N4500. i have 2 unused packs at home, will be glad to give it out.

@cjnone
we don use mouth gave am the red carpet, no mind me l just dey slack for my duty grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pink22(f): 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
Udobaby u r right cyclogest is 4,500. How i wish i could lay my hands on urs lol! I use it to balance estrogen thereby controlling my flow the thing don chop my money wella.
Abeg how una see that India person :x i no just get her gist
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
@pinky
Lol, anyone in Lagos and in need of it can arrange on how to grab it
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamaejima3: 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
mummyf: I tried to concieve actively for 12months before I got pregnant. I was taking moringa once in a while and tried to lose some weight. My husband went on wellman and I was on folic acid.we increased our prayer life.I didn't do tests cos I already have a child so I didn't know wat to think. I was actually planning to do homonal profile in june when I got pregnant.u know the rest of the story.
I remember I also used herbal soap to wash my vj cos of EDA.tho I wasn't consistent sha.
@ms juamata, I think if u go to this women that sell herbal stuff, they should be able to get u a drink or soap for it

May this miracle go round IJN.
pls wht is dis EDA
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
MarJuly, I'm yet to find almond flour in Nigerian shops. You can order online or buy whole almonds and make your own.
Flakeey, freezer-friendly fertility-friendly recipes coming soon. You can cook at the weekends, fill your freezer, and warm when you get home. Feel free to snack on the almonds, where possible, opt for un salted
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
praise Master Jesus
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ayaakanoh: 5:20am On Aug 27, 2013
Glorious mother of extraordinarily anointed children,una good morning,ndeewo,eekaro,Saanu,hope we all have a wonderful night,the mercy of The Lord that adds no sorrow will be ours today even forever more.amen
@cjnone2 make them enta shap shap,I no get gateman even the back door lock don spoil since,so the door is open grin grin, I claim it all IJN
Peace be unto us all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lizzyslaw(f): 5:25am On Aug 27, 2013
@mamaejime3, gd mrn. I think EDA is the yoruba term for d condition where sp.erm pours out of a woman's body after BD.

@ Dreams, Honiepie and Pink22 thanks for the tips. @ Dreams, I got almonds from d supermarket but alas I got one dt is sea salted. Couldn't find coconut oil but was pleasantly surprised 2 see almond oil.

@Cjnone, Amen @ Alwaztrue, thank u

@Dimmsy and Prettyrosefave welcome to the family

@All good good moringus
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Honiepie24: 7:04am On Aug 27, 2013
Mornin sis,hw did waz ur sleep?@tunde nd lizzy yu welkom,eatin right especially 4 a cause cn b taskin but intrestin.@dreams is doin a very gud job,yu cud also research on ur own and share wit us.@twin sorry i jus saw ur post,i used to knw star apple wen i waz a kid,i ve checked it online,unfortunately d images dey showed aint wat i knw as star apple.dnt knw its native name either.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:43am On Aug 27, 2013
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tbaby4real(f): 9:26am On Aug 27, 2013
OMG Dreamsinbc, can I have a plate pleasssssss. Weldone my sister, do you remember you and Safe own me those food. You promised during our fast, try to remember. Thank you, I trust you. You don remember abi? Oya send am now abeg...... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.