Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,641 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5425199 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamateniola1: 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
@everfaithfulGod hummmm,blighted ovum showed me pepper but I know the Lord has taken power away from it, our expectations shall not be cut short again IJN. I did several tests after the last one and all tests came out normal.doctors say the cause is unknown but I have read severally that poor egg or poor sperm can cause it. So try improve your egg. M presently taking royal jelly with Co Q10,bee pollen(I gained some weight since I started taking it)will find out more and let you know.

@all, I read that new egg form every 3months so when we start using any drugs let's be patient if we don't see result in a month. Consistency is the key.I am guilty too anyways!!

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ayaakanoh: 5:44am On Jul 12, 2014
@everfaithful as other sabisabi pple said d SA look ok,but morphology is very important too,why I asked is that most time blithed ovum has to do with poor egg or poor sperm,as miraclebaby said,ovaboost is good for improving egg quality. You can give it a try plus other suggestions dats been given by other mams and papas its well with u sis
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cathyibok(f): 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hi all. Hope we r still keeping faith? We shall testify very soon. @miraclebaby.... How painful was d HSG? I was told its a painful experience. My Gynae told me to go for HSG to check for blocked tubes. All hormonal test are perfect. Anoda thing on ma mind is sumone suggested trado-medicine. That's all this traditional women that massages the womb. My friend told me about the woman and a lot of people who v gone to her have had success stories to tell. My friend is an example. She is in PH and I am tynkn of travelling all the way down. Am really getting fed up of TTC.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamateniola1: 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
@cathyibok pls what does massaging do to the womb?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cathyibok(f): 2:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hmmmmm. I was told they massage n set the womb. Really dunno tho. Accordn to ma friend, she said wen d woman checked her, she said her womb was down. So she did the settings n gave her some herbs. After a month she conceived.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by evangellin: 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hi, my friend in Abuja was detected with too many fibroids in her uterus. Luckily she was able to get it removed when she travelled to India and got the treatment. Now she is okay, she was advised by the doctor about the problems the nigerians face and the fibroids are more frequently found in nigerian women. Friends do you know any of them who undergone the similar condition pls share, we can share our suggestions on how to get rid of the problems.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Greenfriend: 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2014
evangellin:
From my perspective, ur question has more of social angles/connotations. Now, we Nigerian doctors (or should I just speak 4 myself) try our best with d limited/obsolete infrastructures & set-ups inherent here (a reflection of d larger corrupt society). U will understand better if U were part of d decaying, damp & morale-drubbing system. Nevertheless, on my honour, I will do my mighty-best 2 make my patients & clients smile. Then, fibroids are commoner in BLACKS/AFRICANS and women who have never given birth (nature abhors vacuum). I would like 2 speak with her more & possibly counsel her 4 effective post-operative management
cathyibok:
I believe U must have given deep thoughts 2 this. And compared conventional options with this. U know it's all about choice.
miraclebaby:
Yeah. U are right. But in every move U take, assess it based on a Cost-Benefit index
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
Cathyibok, from another hsg fear fear mama, i tell u now dt i think it depends on where u do it. did mine at prisms, 30K.bt it was most PAINLESS test i have ever done. it was over in 5mins. believe me. did my pelvic scan there also. if u read my past post uwill c wat im talkin about. was so scared of hsg dt it took me 2months of pep-talking myself to do it. my sister,D technology nw is different from before. no fear. as a matter of choice, i actually prefer orthodox medicine. it is well with u

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamateniola1: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hallos. Pls who has seen it heard from @@deardoc?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cathyibok(f): 6:44am On Jul 13, 2014
@mummyosayande...... Lol@fear fear. No blame me.am at ease now. Thank you so much.. I will b doing mine at national hospital in Abuja. #mindmadeup#
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fifioluomo: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2014
SUNDAY INSPIRATION
*children thhat are born after delay are always glorious e.g from d bible, Samuel, John, Joseph
PRAYERPOINTS
1)Praise God, thank him dat u are still alive
2)Father, even if my womb is dead,bring it back to life, quicken it, resurrect it
3)Father, even if my case can be compared to dry bones, then let my dry bones live again
4)Father, overule my doubts and unbelief
5)Wonderful Jesus, decree wonders into my womb
6) Father, this very month, please answer me
Prayer points courtsey of Daddy GO

11 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by BlessedDiva: 10:44am On Jul 13, 2014
Happy Sunday wonderful fam

@fifioluomo God bless u for posting this prayer it is well with us IJN-Amen.

Pls i want to know if this ewedu makes saliva to form more than necessary, cos ♍y mouth has turned to a kind of swimming pool walahi! n ♍y mouth is always bitter, Saliva forms without control n I have been spitting since I started taking it(sorry tmi). I just want to know if it's as a result of d ewedu, has it happened to anyone in d house? If so what can I take to stop it cos dh doesn't like me spitting.
Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RipVanWink: 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
went to a new doc, after every every, he prescribed brameston 2.5 pill 1 tab @ night daily + folic acid, googled n found out the pill is used to treat high prolactin issues/lactating without being preg, now my question is my dw doesnt lactate, n no test was carried out to confirm any high prolactin, her cycle is fairly constant too 29/30 days with serious cramps,,,,,,every month like clockwork,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so my question is HAS anybody had any good experience with this drug n is the doc correct in prescribing it?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2014
cathyibok: @mummyosayande...... Lol@fear fear. No blame me.am at ease now. Thank you so much.. I will b doing mine at national hospital in Abuja. #mindmadeup#

yes oo. i told myself dt if other women do it i can . so no fear

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by everfaithfulGod(f): 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
@greenfriend,@miraclebaby, @mamateniola1, @ayaakanoh. Thank you for the love.
Here is the DH sperm motility
Actual cells 40%
Sluggish. 10%
Dead. 50%

Morphology
Normal cells. 60%
Abnormal. 40%

Viscosity - Low
Appearance- creamy white
Volume. -3ml
PH -Alkaline
Odour - characteristic
Pus cell. - 1-2/hpf
Epithelia cell.- Nil/hpf
Auto-Agglutination - +
Total sperm Count- 53 million cells/mil
Culture- yielded no growth
Abeg make una help interpret am o

So sorry for the long post.
All all fruitful mamas and papas I greet una happy sunday o
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ayaakanoh: 8:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
@mamateniola abeg abeg go do pt test asap,cus this ur typo error can only be made by pregnant woman grin grin lipsrsealed

@blesseddiva I dont know about that,but you know d way we react to things is different,yiu can take tom tom after drinking ir bitter cola if you font mind d

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mum2bsoon: 10:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ayaakanoh, u sef suppose do pt o cos ds ur typo error na gbaski
Happy Sunday @all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by BlessedDiva: 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
Lwkm o @typo error,@ mum2bsoon is so right @ayaakanoh n @mamateniola hmmm, u both were sleep-typing at 8pm? That's symptom of pregnancy o, sleeping early!

Kk darling I'll try chewing gum tht has mint cos I don't like tom tom.
Sleep tight everyone
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by everfaithfulGod(f): 5:56am On Jul 14, 2014
Anytime I see another breaking of the day, I say thank you lord,thank u lord.

Good morning all . Hope u had a nice nite. Let us keep our hope alive.our testimony is closer and sure.

Still waiting for the response to my previous post.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 14, 2014
hello everyone! i wish y'all a very fruitful week! @lotts, i've replied you
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamateniola1: 10:32am On Jul 14, 2014
@ayaakoonah lollll. serious typo. am sure na the work of my oversabi phone.

morning @all. i m inviting you all to this my early morning amala and ewedu ohh. e wa jeun oh.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by HawtMummie(f): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hello house... thus womb setting of a thing, does it have a medical term? I heard of it too sometimes ago and the lady that told me about it has two kids now. It's confusing cos how do they "set" womb? How did the womb change position in the first place? Will the blood vessels around the area not be affected not to mention, the tissues et all? I just dey wonder.....

On a lighter note, I might just approach this ijaw women soon but fear might not free
mee ooo.

Secondly has anyone use "Barleans Wild and Whole Alaskan Salmon oil "? A friend told me to get it from Healthplus pharmacy. According to her, she got pregnant thus the recommendation. Though expensive, I thinking of it too. All hopes is never lost.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by vickky212(f): 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hello all i have been following dis tread for a long time, i am also ttc. I lost my baby at 16weeks, i have been ttc since. I did hormone test and is ANOVULATORY CYCLE, pls what do I do?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ayaakanoh: 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2014
Chai chai chai chineke! na me type dis one grin grin grin
ayaakanoh: @mamateniola abeg abeg go do pt test asap,cus this ur typo error can only be made by pregnant woman grin grin lipsrsealed
@blesseddiva I dont know about that,but you know d way we react to things is different,yiu can take tom tom after drinking ir bitter cola if you font mind d

@vickky212 ure welcome to this wonderful family,I pray ur stay will be short.ur case is not a difficult one ,I will advise u meet a good gynaecology,cus clomid is normally used for annovulation,and while on it u need to be monitored,so as to know if its working or not.other ogbonge mamas will shed more light.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
@vickky212, anovulatory is the most common cause of infertility, it means you are not ovulating and your period might also be irregular some are cause by hormonal imbalance, in a worst case scenerio like i experienced in April, i bled in place of ovulation, you need to see your doctor so he can place you on clomid and also track your follicles to be sure you ovulated and if you dont he will keep increasing your dose or probably give you some shot to help pop your follicles. baby dust
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mum2bsoon: 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
Vickky212, welcm dear. May ur stay ere b short n productive.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclebaby: 12:08am On Jul 15, 2014
@cathyibok welcome back sis. Mine wasn't painful, just discomfort from the equipment. I felt the fluid move as he was releasing it and asking me any feeling or pain till the process was over within 5-7mins. Then the xray. I read its painful when the tube is blocked. Not ur portion dear. @mamateniola1 massaging helps set the womb for retroverted ones making it easier for the swimmers. It also helps blood circulation around the internal organs like the ovaries just like acupuncture. @ HawtMummie tis ur Jamb questions eh..,lol. It works for some people. @vickky212 the Lord is ur strength. Did U find out the cause of ur loss to avoid future occurrence? How long has it been since then as ur body needs time to get back to pre-pregi state. @ everfaithfulGod from d result, the dead cells -50% and abnormal 40% are too high. I guess ur problem is not far fetched. Those abnormal if they manage to fertilized the ovum could lead to blighted ovum, or abortion. The count and other factors are ok. I guess good fruits/vegs intake with pre-conception vits will do the magic. Zinc, Vit C, folic acid, selenium, CoQ10 etc can help. U may try wellman conception, fertilAid, or other good products. Ur miracle is closer than U think. Hope he doesn't expose the family jewel to hot temperatures like laptop or tight fittings. @other experienced mama/papa pls help out too. It is well with us all.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by vickky212(f): 10:40am On Jul 15, 2014
@Dasha01, my period is regular and I have also gone to see the doctor he is always giving me clomid, am tired of it. Is there anyother drug?

@miraclebaby, is been 6mth since the lose. I was not really told the cause, scan culd not find the heartbeat of the baby and I was ask to go for evacuation. And the doctor said 1 of the cause could be blighted ovum. Pls what shld I do to avoid such again and also what to take.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
@vickky, how many rounds of clomid have you have done? was your doctor tracking your follicle to know if they are growing? what was the size of the dorminant follicle? did he used injectables as well?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MGeey(f): 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Greenfriend: 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
everfaithfulGod:
Welcome, Dearie. From d result, d morphology is normal but the motility (which U referred to as normal when U were quoting without the test report) is not cool. Let me place him on vegetables (a lot) and Manix capsules (he can add Well Man too)for 3 months. He will stop any form of coffee, smoking and alcohol intake. Tight pants and laptop usage on his laps are 2 be avoided. Also, time ur ovulation while meeting him
vickky212:
How low were the specific hormones (U can find out by comparing with the range given in ur result) How old are U? Asides Clomid, are U on any other drug or supplement (especially one that contains Vitex) now?
miraclebaby:
U are really trying. I think I will transfer my licence 2 U so that U can be practising (especially now that we are on strike)
MGeey:
Unless his sterility was found 2 be due 2 elevated prolactin levels (which can exist in men), he has no business with Parlodel (Bromocriptine). Was a hormone profile assay done (if yes, what were d Prolactin and Testosterone values)? He should have explained 2 U. My advice: don't buy d Parlodel yet, let ur husband go on fruits & vegetables, Manix capsules and Well Man. Then let him adopt the lifestyle modifications I mentioned in my earlier consults. Report back

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.