Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5400065 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 11:51am On Apr 23, 2015
@miraclebaby, lol, you've known my specialty...na wah o...ok, back to the matter, ovulation tracking has no dos and donts except you have pcos and probably a thin endometrial linning thats when you can look for things to do to make your follicles grow faster and also to thicken your endometrial linning......basically ovulation tracking is done with trans vaginal scanner and it is not painful at all and its usually done from CD10 but if you are paying for your scanning yourself i would suggest you go on CD 13 so you dont spend much and again, if you are on clomid and your doctor plans to give you a trigger shot to help you ovulate then your sonographer will be looking for a dominant follicle of about 18mm cos that is the stage where the shot can be given and if you are supposed to buy the injection yourself then i will advise you try and pay for it before hand but you have to keep it refrigerated so you might as well arrange with your pharmacist so that as soon as the size is confirmed you can quickly take the injection and bd with wheel barrow style cos you will ovulate in 32 to 36 hrs afterwards....baby dust!

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
Wheel barrow style?
Please tell us d style na
Abeg na.

Lol. But seriously wat style is dat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
xxxxx

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
The acupuncture mama, look out for Tianshi ships, they do acupuncture a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hafsat24(f): 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
@Apple19..msg delivered to d twins..
@all..miss u all..been really ill and couldn't post..can't wait to be bk with u all fully..lots of love kiss
Sticky baby dust to us all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mum2bsoon: 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hafsat24, may u nt b bak ere fully xcept 2 ncourage d rest of us ere. U won't av any cause 2 go 2ru ds again.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hafsat24(f): 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
@mum2bsoon..Amen..ofcourse to be bk fully to encourage us as I miss u all soo much and too weak to type kiss
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemed(f): 12:51pm On Apr 23, 2015
@legendmother, I caught you peeping grin, come inside, you are loved and missed.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mompurity2: 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
Good day mamas, abeg help me see my hormone profile result o

LH - <5.00
FSH- 5.75
Prolactin- 12.71
Progesterone - 15.15nmol/L ~ 4.76ng/mL

Are my levels within the normal range?
@legendsmother, come out from ur peeping mode na, u've helped me alot. I miss learning frm you. This my report needs ur professional eye oooooo.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 1:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
mompurity2:
Good day mamas, abeg help me see my hormone profile result o

LH - <5.00
FSH- 5.75
Prolactin- 12.71
Progesterone - 15.15nmol/L ~ 4.76ng/mL

Are my levels within the normal range?

When was ur sample (blood) taken for d test
Dis are d normal range for day 3 of ur cycle
LH -- 0.5 - 10ng\ml
FSH - 3.0 - 12ng\ml
Prol - 1.2 - 15.5ng\ml
Prog. 2.0 - 20ng\ml

This are hormonal assay day 3 normal range, so far u results are nice
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
Redeemed:
@legendmother, I caught you peeping grin, come inside, you are loved and missed.

Yea hun u did was @ wrk and tot I checked on yall
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mompurity2: 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
legendsmother:

When was ur sample (blood) taken for d test
Dis are d normal range for day 3 of ur cycle
LH -- 0.5 - 10ng\ml
FSH - 3.0 - 12ng\ml
Prol - 1.2 - 15.5ng\ml
Prog. 2.0 - 20ng\ml

This are hormonal assay day 3 normal range, so far u results are nice
they were taken on day 3 and 21. This was all I saw on the result sheet.

Thank God ur back. Yippie!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
@mum purity day 21 progesteron test is to check if u ovulated in dat cycle because if u did ovulate progesteron will increase to prepare for inplantation of d egg. progesterone levels gradually rises from a baseline of 1.5 to 3 ng/mL by the first day after ovulation. Levels then continue to rise until it reaches a peak 7 days after ovulation reaching levels of approximately 10-20 ng/mL
From ur result am seein 2values and both of dem suggest no ovulation as ap day 21
It cud b dat u ovulated late, and they took d sample too early.

On second tot it cud signify an annovulatory circle (no ovulation)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by zamm(f): 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
Blessedmum,kipping ma fingers crossed 4 u,knowing it wil end in praise.
Hafsat,thanks luv 4d mention,may God grant u sound health Amen,na part of Wetin we dey pray 4b dat.
Musbay,thanks n Amen,it's well wit us.
Redeemed,i no vex o,but it just makes1 feel she doesn't blong 2d thread wen her posts r constantly ignored,but i do understand it's not intentional n i luv every1 here.
Aghaibiam,my sista abeg no vex o,couldn't find d agents contact in my fone,tried reaching my frnd he helped last yr,but she said she lost it 2,wil suggest u go 2 Lugbe urself ,u wil c all dis small sign posts with agents numbers call n meet with Dem,dey wil take u round 2 inspect available houses n u make ur choice from dia,wish u all d best in d search.
Llegend mother,Gud 2 hav u back,we missed ur posts.#Hugs#
mumyhaja,lol @ wheelbarrow style,hop say pesin no go woundjure with dat style o,i go try am 2nite#winks#
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Kudibaby(f): 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
hello everyone hope we 're all prepared for I can see most of us with twins and triplets by this time next yr.

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummyjason: 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
@iOmoge, thanks for the books sis, God will bless u abundantly, e-hugsSsss, @blessedmum, please test ooo, cos I can see twins, a boy and a girl (mummy and daddy) coming back grin. Sprinkling baby dust on everybody here.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mompurity2: 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
Thanks for ur detailed response @legendsmother. But what could be responsible for anovulation, frm the tests av been running since I started ttcing the only reports av had is either infection or an anovulatory cycle. Besides av been on maca and vitex (1000mg) for almost 2mnths now and i'm nt seeing any improvements so far cry.
Pls can someone enlighten me on what to do to better my chances.......
Sprinkling fertile dusts on all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoomama(f): 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
iOmoge:
The mama with keliods.

Read up serrapeptase.
Its is really known to eat up scar tissue and kelliods is full of scar tissues.

It has no side effect and if there was any adhesion from d cs, serrapeptase will ease it.

@Udomamma.
@iOmoge,tanx darl, from within, I don't know if there are any adhesions, the thought of it sef is making me scared,i learnt it's one of the causes of scanty or no periods at all,(and that is my major problem) for the keloids, I was thinking of something that I can rub on it from the outside, scared of taking anything since am ttc. Tanx anyways am really grateful.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Blessedmum(f): 7:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
@ All, thanks for d encouragements, I thought I ll be able to do it at d oviz clinic today but d strip wasnt available. I ll do it tomorrow by God's grace. It ll end in praise for us all ijn.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
mompurity2:
Thanks for ur detailed response @legendsmother. But what could be responsible for anovulation, frm the tests av been running since I started ttcing the only reports av had is either infection or an anovulatory cycle. Besides av been on maca and vitex (1000mg) for almost 2mnths now and i'm nt seeing any improvements so far cry.
Pls can someone enlighten me on what to do to better my chances.......
Sprinkling fertile dusts on all.
Why don't U̶̲̅ try fertility blend, ℓ av used it before & it work. But U̶̲̅ can't use it with vitex because it already contain vitex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
@mum purity why don't u induce ovulation?

Sumtimes d reason for annovulation cannot be pinpointed, but if u can do hsg to b sure ur tubes are pateent (open) that will b a good start. If it's open nd ur just not ovulating talk to ur gynea and plan a cycle with injectable, normerly on day 2 of ur cycle to day 7 or so donno for sure den dey monitor wid scan den do a trigger shot.
If u go to d hospital it's expensive buh u can email me so I can recomend an easier route
(medically) it's all what dey do in d hospital also to induce ovulation so u can have a better chance to concieve.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Apple19: 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
@Miraclebaby &legend mother.... You mamas are the best. Thanks for the examination.
@Hafsat... God is your strength dear. @blessed mum...why are you puting us on hot seat nowwwww.... Pop the good news o jere.
@All, sure we're all doing great. I started the Tracking today o CD12, though with the Doctors and their dramas. Anyways, that one no interest me sef. But here is the report:

"Transvaginal probe was used to locate the ovaries, the large ovary shows a large oval cyst (the largest seen) measuring 2.53cm X2.40cm X2.28cm. With a volume of 7.3cm3.the left ovary contains smaller cyst.
Impression: Dominant with diameter of 2.53cm in right ovary."

Oya Saba mamas, I don bring am come o, help me digest the thing make I understand. Cos am still going tomorrow
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 9:50pm On Apr 23, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 10:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
@apple19
From dat result well all I can see is cyct size o
Dey didn't say anytin about a follicle (which releases egg when it's about size ( 18mm and above) all I see is cyct size of 2.5
A cyct size of 2.5 is not an issue it will dissolve on its own in a couple of cycles

Dis is TVS Scan right?
Why was it done? To monitor ovulation?
Cause all I see from d result is dvolume of dovalry and cyct seen

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
Welcome back Legends Mum... We missed u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Apple19: 10:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
@Legendsmum... Thanks a lot ma. Yes it was done to monitor ovulation after induction with Clomid100mg.and has left me with rashes that become wider and wider as the days roles by. The cyst referred to was the egg seen and they said it's abnormal. Don't know what that means pls
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by hotmomma(f): 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
legendsmother pls dont let anyone frustrate u out of this thread pls. you've been of great help to mamas here. ehugs

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumydidi(f): 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
@all mamas I have a question out of this 3drugs which is more effective to unblock tubes vitalzym, serrapeptase and Gufei bao. And pls do u guys trust dis machines kedi and other chineses drugs use to test their patient before prescribing drugs to them. Waiting urgently for ur replies.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 11:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
@imoge love
@hafsaf24
@redemmed
@hotmama
@mumpurity
And all d mama's who reached out to me tnks y'all missed y'all as well I will try to let no one get on my nerves again o lol tnks y'all hoping we all share our testimonies love u guys toh bits ooooo

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by legendsmother(f): 12:25am On Apr 24, 2015
@apple19 a cyst is not normal but wid a dimension of 2.5 normelly dey dissolve on their own.

If it was follicle monitoring(ovulation) den I am guessing no folicles were seen... (since d results doesn't say anytin about dem) for d records I also did a clomid cycle 100mg last month and wen I did my TVS notin d tin didn't do anytin after giving me very thick CM and twinge feelings on ma ovaries I tested wid OPK negative and I did TVS no follicles
Follicles are different from cysts An ovarian cyst is any collection of fluid, surrounded by a very thin wall, within an ovary.

While A follicles is like structure in which the oocyte (egg) develops before it's released during ovulation.

Any ovarian follicle that is larger than about two centimeters is termed an ovarian cyst.
So don't confuse a cyst with a follicle. The result shows a cyst was found not a follicle so either ur testing too early or u did not ovulate on clomid

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Apple19: 7:35am On Apr 24, 2015
@Legendsmum... Thanks for this thorough explanations ma. But during the test (cos I have like 3 consultants, 2doctors and 3Nurses in the room. Only on my head o.. Hmm it is well) they were saying that is very large, and she should Pop withing 2 days, that I should go to the IVF unit for laparoscopy. So I told them am not for that yet, that am just monitoring the effects of the Induction. So, that is what I heard o
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by freakingout(f): 7:55am On Apr 24, 2015
Morning ladies. I wish I'd known about this forum earlier, wouldn't have borne this burden with my husband alone.

Been married and ttc for over two years now. I've had three miscarriages, the last one was in December last year. It was so bad I almost spent a week in the hospital. The gynecologist I traveled to see said I have hormone imbalance. My body is not secreting a particular hormone to sustain the pregnancy. He prescribed proluton depot injection to be taken once pregnancy is confirmedproluton

I've been having pregnancy symptoms since after ovulation- sore nipples, tooth ache, mild cramps, hair breakage, aversion to some things, diarrhea and I even threw up once. The day before yesterday, I had very painful cramps and I wept like a baby. So all those pregnancy symptoms were false? I got encouraged when I read about how some people went through that but this morning that I was supposed to take thr hpt, woke up with painful cramps and i'm spotting. af is supposed to start today and i'm so crushed. when will this stop? had to ask the period if it wasn't tired of coming? I can't begin to tell you the amount of herbal remedies I've drunk for the past two years.my husband and I have taken fertility drugs as well. prayed and gone for prayers as well. they say you should take your mind off it. is that really possible? when you see babies everywhere and desire one of your own.

*breaks down and weeps profusely*

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.