Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5425605 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by helovesme(f): 10:55am On May 11, 2015
freakingout:
@iomoge, please go for a blood test. It's usually one of the early signs of pregnancy. You never can tell. A gyneacologist told me worry has a way of affecting our hormones. He explained it medically about how the brain sends signals to the body blah blah blah that secrets one hormone that prevents conception, but the bottom line is that worry isn't good when trying to conceive. So now that you took your mind off it, who knows? May God make it positive make we dance for you.

@venizia, pele o. What are you doing about the fibroid? I have too, but mine is very small. About 2mm abi 2cm. Can't remember. Was told not to worry about it because it won't affect my ability to conceive but I no do, i no want. Heard apple cider vinegar and black strap molasses expels them. And since I don't know where to get the bsm and organic unpaterurized acv, I've decided to make the acv myself though it takes time.

Fertility blessings to us all.

beautiful lady, please what is 'bsm' ?

secondly, why not just buy braggs organic acv rather than going through the stress of making it yourself.

regarding fibroids, if your doctor has assured you that it wont affect conception, please believe him. i was told i had fibroids too (after a routine scan because i complained of mild abdominal pain) and the sonographer and my GP dismissed it as nothing to worry about. infact, my GP didnt even take it as a serious issue at all to the extent that i was given the results over the phone and we also discussed the result over the phone without any physical consultation. however, on my own, i started drinking acv daily.

however, as a typical naija woman who was quite worried, i booked an appointment to see him about 3months later and i brought up the fibroids issue. he again dismissed it that it wont affect conception in any way (meanwhile, the fibroid is more than one oh) and then he reeled out statistics of how many women around the world had fibroids, how it was more common in afro-caribbean women, blah blah. i still wasnt convinced and i told him he MUST suggest a medical solution. cool

he then suggested placing me on the monthly 'pill' ( that is oral contraceptive pill) as he said that could stop the growth of the fibroids and then i told him i was getting married in about 3 months and i wanted to get pregnant as sson as possible after my wedding. he then said, in that case, i cant go on the pill which was why he advised me to start taking folic acid, multivitamin tabs, lots of fruits and vegetables and lots of exercises.

in fact, my GP told me point blank that i should babydance actively for the next 12months and I should only come back to his office AFTER 12months, if i had no bfp. (he must have sensed that i was worrying for nothing and he obviously didnt want a black woman on his neck discussing conception issues grin grin grin). he also told me that worrying and being overly anxious for nothing can affect fertility, so i had no other option but to relax.

true to the words of my GP and to the Glory of God, i got my bfp few weeks after my wedding. so far God has been faithful and the fibroids have not affected me. in fact, when i go for my pregnancy scans, i am always the one reminding the sonographer to ''check the fibroids out'' (thats to show you how they see the fibroids as a non-issue) and i have been told a zillion times that there's nothing to worry about.

so please beautiful lady, if you have been assured by your doctor that it wont affect conception, believe him and most importantly put your trust in God. there is NOTHING impossible for God to do.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:05am On May 11, 2015
xxxx

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by freakingout(f): 11:06am On May 11, 2015
iOmoge:
Please teach us how to make apple seeder vineger for future sake. Its a must have in any home.
Numerous uses.
thehealthyeatingsite.com/apple-cider-vinegar-recipe/

that's the link. it takes time sha. you have to leave it to ferment from two months to six months depending on the method you decide to use.

Thanks for the above info. I had an appendix operation many years ago, but I'll go for the hsg to be absolutely sure
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mubzay(f): 11:08am On May 11, 2015
@TCF, the Lord is ur strength. Pls let DW avoid alcoholic drinks. May God bless u fruitfully ds month. Av faith
@all: av a blessed week ahead.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by freakingout(f): 11:12am On May 11, 2015
@venizia, it is well. God is in control. Please try to exhaust every natural means of expelling them before you contemplate surgery. I'm sorry to say that using surgery to eliminate them isn't good according to my gynecologist. it MIGHT cause infertility and MIGHT come back, but that will never be your portion in Jesus name. Amen. it is well.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Doctor7(m): 11:26am On May 11, 2015
Fibroid Growth Decreased with Kedi Products

A Patient Wrote "I had fibroid growth for several years before my friend introduced me to KEDI . Just 6 weeks after using these products. I experienced a marvelous change on the size of the growth. I feel so happy over this rapid effect of the Medicine over my system. Miss Ekeng, Lagos.

You can order our products directly online at konga.com/kedi-healthcare
You also have the option of paying at delivery

Call Dr Mac 08163037773 to order for yours.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by venizia(f): 11:36am On May 11, 2015
freakingout:
@venizia, it is well. God is in control. Please try to exhaust every natural means of expelling them before you contemplate surgery. I'm sorry to say that using surgery to eliminate them isn't good according to my gynecologist. it MIGHT cause infertility and MIGHT come back, but that will never be your portion in Jesus name. Amen. it is well.

Amin o! Thanks my sister. i no go allow any doctor knife touch my body cos of fibroids grin. Na im make me de ask weda anybody in the house knows about calcified fibroids
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by freakingout(f): 11:41am On May 11, 2015
@heloves me, lol! That was how dh and I were forming 'we want a December baby' so we didn't start trying immediately we got married. We waited till march, the following year and two years plus later, we're still trying. grin And I'm slowly beginning to think my husband's second wish might come to pass. He wants a February 29th baby, so he would be celebrating birthdays only every four years. Shey 2016 na leap year? My dear, one loses bd steam from CD15 after doing it from CD10 to CD14, but I know dh no go complain sha. But now that I know, I'll adjust during my next cycle. I've told God that even if my own doesn't happen this month, He should put a smile on my face by doing it for others here. I don already plan to give testimony for church on behalf of those who have announced theirs and those yet to announce.

Bsm is blackstrap molasses. Read it's good for expelling fibroids as well as apple cider vinegar. I just saw the Braggs one with the mother inside on kaymu thanks to iomoge. Already pinged dh about it. My dear, let me make a little confession. Read that ACV helps in weight loss. grin sincerely, that's my real motivating factor for trying to get the acv. Two gynecologists have told me the fibroid is too small to be an issue but I also read that it might grow with pregnancy. But mine has been the same size every since it was discovered. Do na weight loss i dey after and the reduction of menstrual cramps. grin

One of the gynea said that every woman has fibroid in their bodies. That it's with age, drugs and the kind of meals that increases it. That they start growing as from age 25. But most women who give birth during and before that age usually don't have fibroid issues. It also grows when the womb is vacant for long. That's the reason why a lot of Reverend sisters always go for fibroid surgeries. Na hsg dey my mind now.

Thanks dearie. It feels good to let these out. Typing therapy. Have you put to bed or still bumping? God's blessings all the way for you, your Lo and dh and us all. kiss
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MummyEsther: 11:49am On May 11, 2015
@iOmoge: Thank you for your inputs on this thread. I dey gbadun you wella.
As you be ijebu woman, I Googled guifei bao on jumia days ago and it goes for N8k but I got it for N6,400(free delivery) from a lady someone posted her no. first on this thread.
Now, I need a link for serraptease cos health plus say na later this week dem go get am but I want am sharply sharply. Can you help pls?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by helovesme(f): 12:09pm On May 11, 2015
@freaking out, thanks for your kind wishes.

you will get your bfp VERY, VERY soon. smiley

i am still bumping.

you can start babydancing actively from CD13. I agree that babydancing can be tiring but it has to be done oh grin

yes, acv works for weight loss. i am attest to that as i dropped kgsss while drinking it consistently before i got married.

thanks for defining bsm.

i have stopped taking acv (as i am not really convinced if its safe to drink during pregnancy or not). To be honest, i really miss the taste. it got to a point that I couldnt drink water without a spoonful of acv in it grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 11, 2015
MummyEsther:
As you be ijebu woman, I Googled guifei bao on jumia days ago and it goes for N8k but I got it for N6,400(free delivery) from a lady someone posted her no. first on this thread.
Now, I need a link for serraptease cos health plus say na later this week dem go get am but I want am sharply sharply. Can you help pls?

Free delivery? grin cheesy I guess I still have d number....true caller brought out her name as Toyin Solution.

For serrapeptase. Its on jumia too. Almost 7k.

You are welcome hun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 11, 2015
@tatacherie,mumihaja and venizia,thanks for ur advice. i really appreciate it. I will try and watch my sugar level and see.Also i take a lot of water,it mite also be a contributing factor like tatacherie said but d rate at which i always want to to pee is alarming. When i resume office like 8-8.30am,i go and pee. Around 9.15am i start getting d urge again. like dat ooo untill i close. i don tire. Will do d swab culture test too. Its not easy. Fertility blessings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 11, 2015
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 1:52pm On May 11, 2015
@rainydays, increase thirst and frequent urination are early signs of sugar problems, diabetes is preventable but once it shows up it is incurable...Kedi diawell can help with the excess thirst and urination...
see below early symptoms.

Common symptoms of type 1 diabetes include:
Excessive thirst
Increased urination (sometimes as often as every hour)
Unexpected weight loss
Fatigue or tiredness
Nausea, perhaps vomiting
Blurred vision
In women, frequent vaginal infections
In men and women, yeast infections (thrush)
Dry mouth
Slow-healing sores or cuts
Itching skin, especially in the groin or vaginal area.
Symptoms of type 1 diabetes can develop quickly, over weeks or sometimes days.

Common symptoms of type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes often doesn’t cause symptoms and is identified on routine screening. When type 2 diabetes does cause symptoms these can include:

Excessive thirst
Increased urination (sometimes as often as every hour), especially at night
Unexpected weight loss or gain
Fatigue or extreme tiredness
Blurred vision
Dry mouth
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Evacroft: 1:53pm On May 11, 2015
Hello dearies, I just got d result of my pelvic scan and I need someone to help me interpret all d medical grammars.
Uterus is normal in size with smooth outline and homogenous. Echogenicity.
Endometrial layer is well defined, it is 13mm thick
Right ovarian vol=8ml
Left ovarian vol=7ml
There are small,uniform random follicles
Average size 5mm/6mm.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by carramel(f): 2:00pm On May 11, 2015
helovesme:
@freaking out, thanks for your kind wishes.

you will get your bfp VERY, VERY soon. smiley

i am still bumping.

you can start babydancing actively from CD13. I agree that babydancing can be tiring but it has to be done oh grin

grin

CD 13 might be too late to BD. I ovulated on CD12 on my last cycle. Positive OpK on CD11. My blood work and ultrasound also confirmed ovulation on CD12. I was monitored from CD10 as I'm on an IUI cycle. I used to think that I won't ovulate till Cd 13/14. It is also better for the sperm to be waiting for the egg as sperm lives longer. Egg is only viable for less than 24 hours.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by helovesme(f): 2:19pm On May 11, 2015
carramel:

CD 13 might be too late to BD. I ovulated on CD12 on my last cycle. Positive OpK on CD11. My blood work and ultrasound also confirmed ovulation on CD12. I was monitored from CD10 as I'm on an IUI cycle. I used to think that I won't ovulate till Cd 13/14. It is also better for the sperm to be waiting for the egg as sperm lives longer. Egg is only viable for less than 24 hours.

beautiful lady, in my previous posts to freakingout, i suggested babydancing from CD11 to CD22 to ensure full optimization of the fertile period as there is little room to miss out on the fertile days.

it was when she posted that babydancing from CD10 could get tiring by CD15, which was why i suggested she can start from CD13.

the month i got my bfp, i ovulated around CD20 and i had my last babydancing at CD16

as per the lifespan of a healthy egg, i am sure my GP said up to 72hrs (3days), which I interpret to mean it could be just 1day or 2days - except i heard him wrong sha. cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 11, 2015
Evacroft:

Uterus is normal in size with smooth outline and homogenous. Echogenicity.
Endometrial layer is well defined, it is 13mm thick
Right ovarian vol=8ml
Left ovarian vol=7ml
There are small,uniform random follicles
Average size 5mm/6mm.

Did u do tvs to look at each ovary?
Dunnio why there should be small uniform follicles though.
Every other thing seems perfect. Or what cycle day were u when u did the scan?
Lets say ur follicles are still forming for d month b4 egg is released.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iavanti: 2:29pm On May 11, 2015
Hello fruitful mums,hv got a question 2 ask pls.Am trying 2 conceive my second child,I've not being paying attention 2 my body especially my ovulation period after having my 1st child as I can't seems 2 know wen am ovulating again.But I got 2 know abt "Clearblue digital ovulation test kits",can some1 tell me where 2 get it in lagos pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by carramel(f): 2:42pm On May 11, 2015
helovesme:

beautiful lady, in my previous posts to freakingout, i suggested babydancing from CD11 to CD22 to ensure full optimization of the fertile period as there is little room to miss out on the fertile days.

it was when she posted that babydancing from CD10 could get tiring by CD15, which was why i suggested she can start from CD13.

the month i got my bfp, i ovulated around CD20 and i had my last babydancing at CD16

as per the lifespan of a healthy egg, i am sure my GP said up to 72hrs (3days), which I interpret to mean it could be just 1day or 2days - except i heard him wrong sha. cheesy grin

Congrats on your bfp dear! So happy for you grin grin
But there is no way the egg lives for 72 hour after ovulation. All research says it can only be fertilized up to 12-24 hrs max. It disintegrates if not fertilized within this time period. So it's always ideal to BD in the days leading to ovulation and day of ovulation. Anything after that is slim success. My RE did my IUI on day of ovulation so fingers crossed for BFP. This 2 weeks wait is mind numbing. I can't deal. angry angry angry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Evacroft: 2:45pm On May 11, 2015
Thank u imoge, I did it today cd10, and d radiologist suggested ovarian insufficiency, I have been down since,y should I lose my Lo and still crown it up with ovarian malfunction,i never had irregular period or ovulation problems b4,so I really do not understand if d 5mm/6mm follicle is cysts or fibroid.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by helovesme(f): 2:53pm On May 11, 2015
carramel:

Congrats on your bfp dear! So happy for you grin grin
But there is no way the egg lives for 72 hour after ovulation. All research says it can only be fertilized up to 12-24 hrs max. It disintegrates if not fertilized within this time period. So it's always ideal to BD in the days leading to ovulation and day of ovulation. Anything after that is slim success. My RE did my IUI on day of ovulation so fingers crossed for BFP. This 2 weeks wait is mind numbing. I can't deal. angry angry angry

thank you beautiful lady for your kind wishes.

just relax, do nothing stressful and most importantly keep praying to God - you will get your bfp. Amen

hmmmm @ egg. maybe i heard my GP wrongly then. however, the rule of thumb he gave me for babydancing effectively during my fertile days was 7days before ovulation and 7days after ovulation - based on the calculation that a HEALTHY sperm could live up to 7days.

my GP na oyinbo ohhhh. as he take give me the info, na him i dey pass am oh grin grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 11, 2015
The egg is viable btw 12- 24hrs from my research . Helovesme u are so right about d 7days bfr and after/during the fertile period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Evacroft: 4:02pm On May 11, 2015
@imoge,i didn't ovulate last most and 4 d past 6months my af showed for d first time dis mnth without inducing it,pls which is tvs? Doctor only asked 4 hormonal assay and pelvic scan,Am feeling it's did extra pound I carry that messed up my system, or is it bcause I gave birth prematurely? Am so confused now.pls can somebody also go through my result and help out?thanks in anticipation.love u guys
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 4:29pm On May 11, 2015
@Evacroft, that's polycystics ovaries, multiple follicles that never grows to maturity, if today is CD10, it looks like you might not be ovulating or will be ovulating late this month cos ovulation takes place when the follicle is up 20mm, your endometrial linning of 13mm is very good, looks like you've never taken clomid, so my advise is for you to take drugs that will help your follicles grow well and faster next month, ovaboost, fertility aid or vitex will help...but if you want it sharp sharp then go for clomid but don't fail to use it alongside black cohosh or fertilcm for better result but don't self medicate on it since you can't use it for more than 6cycles and moreover ensure you have done HSG within the last 6months before you use clomid to avoid ectopic.

Baby dust

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 4:33pm On May 11, 2015
@helovesme and iomoge. thanks for the info.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 4:37pm On May 11, 2015
@Evacroft, I jut saw you next post, you have pcos, cut down from sugar and don't use clomid yet, use vitex, Maca, ovaboost and metformin or m2tone which is also good for pcos and in 3months your body should be able to regulate itself so you can have a regular period and ovulation, do more research on pcos yourself cos a problem known is a problem solved our Nigerian doctors usually don't tell us about pcos even when the scan says so, their next action is usually to pump you with clomid and after 6months they recommend IVF

Why you need to cut off totally from sugar is because pcos is associated with diabetes and is common among women who have diabetes in their family
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 4:53pm On May 11, 2015
MummyEsther:
i got serrapeptase from kaymu at #6800

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 11, 2015
mumihaja:
@rainydays, increase thirst and frequent urination are early signs of sugar problems, diabetes is preventable but once it shows up it is incurable...Kedi diawell can help with the excess thirst and urination...
see below early symptoms.

Excessive thirst
Unexpected weight loss
Fatigue or tiredness
Nausea, perhaps vomiting
Blurred vision
Dry mouth

Common symptoms of type 2 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes often doesn’t cause symptoms and is identified on routine screening. When type 2 diabetes does cause symptoms these can include:

Excessive thirst
Increased urination (sometimes as often as every hour), especially at night
Unexpected weight loss or gain
Fatigue or extreme tiredness
Blurred vision
Dry mouth
Thanks mumihaja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 11, 2015
mumihaja:

Excessive thirst
Unexpected weight loss
Fatigue or tiredness
Nausea, perhaps vomiting
Blurred vision
Dry mouth

scared....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 11, 2015
xxxx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 11, 2015
[quote author=mumihaja post=33619159][/quote]

Amen! Amen!! And Amen!!! I'm looking forward to your testimony

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.