Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (903) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5404118 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 10, 2015
Hi mamas and papas, hope we r all good. Please what does it mean when they say "Uterine cavity is deformed ". Abeg make una answer me o those that know. Fertility blessings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemed(f): 10:59am On Jul 10, 2015
@ Mummyejire, thanks for d prayers. As your name implies, the Lord will bless you with twins in Jesus name

@triangullar and Melsmum, thank you for your kind wishes and prayers. May Jehovah Overdo grant your heart desires and do wonders in your life.

@all, fertility blessings!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cathyibok(f): 11:53am On Jul 10, 2015
It's well o. Nobody seem to v an answer to my question I posted twice on the thread. To think that some mamas triggered. Seems questions are only answered if u r being mentioned as a sabi mama in a post. God dey. @redeemed congrats and may God grant u n DH ur heart desires in double. Amen.
@sugah.... thanks for the mention. it will end in praise soon for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by BlessedDiva: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
@Redeemed dear, I wish youu & your DH happy wedding anniversary and happy Birthday, many more years of blessing, fruitfulness and good health to you both, you must celebrate next year with your children & as the redeemed of the Lord, it is well with you in Jesus name-Amen
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoomama(f): 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
mumihaja:

@udoomama, pcos is the cause of unexplained infertility and a lot of women have it but doctors or sonographers usually dont tell you they just go ahead and give you clomid or probably tell u that it is not a problem till the case gets worst, one of the common symptom is irregular af due to hormonal imbalance, i will suggest you wait for af to come cos you can tell for sure if you aren't pregnant, if af shows up then you can start the this protocol and give yourself 3 months and your body regulate and you will be able to ovulate on your own.

Tips: to confirm if you have pcos or not do a TVS during your ovulation, if a dorminant follicle of about 18mm is seen from day 12 then you are fine but if a multiple follicles that are below 10mm are seen on CD13-15 then you have pcos, in pcos the follicles gets matured later that is if they ever get matured and ovulation usually occurs from CD19 upwards which explains the reason for the longer cycle.

to overcome PCOS take herbs that boost estrogen from CD1 to CD13 then switch to herbs that boost progesterone level and lengthen luteal phase like wild yam + vitex or progesterone pills from CD 17 till af for 3 months to help your body understand how a cycle should run and after that your body will be able to pick up on its own.

questions not welcome.....visit Doctor Google for research...a problem well known is a problem solved.

baby dust!
Hahahahahah, mumihaja, u got me laughing when u said "questions not welcome" cheesy, tanx dear, you are a darling, no question at all, u've xplained it all. It shall end it praise dear

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoomama(f): 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
iomoge2:

i know of only m2tone o
i buy 20 tablets for 1300 and it lasts 10 days. so its like 3900 monthly.

the 20 tablets is one sachet.
tanx, will get it as soon as I do the bpt.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by santagelo25(m): 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
[B)cathyibok
It's well o. Nobody seem to v an answer to my question I posted twice on the thread. To think that some mamas triggered. Seems questions are only answered if u r being mentioned as a sabi mama in a post. God dey.(B]
Your question will attended to.Please,be patient..

Congrats to Redeemed and DH..Happy birthday and Wedding Anniversary.

Mumihaja,the comedian of the house.Safe06 has gone AWOL.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by truemommy: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
RipVanWink:
@truemommy, u dont need a docs referal to do tvs in naija, just locate a lab, tell them what you want to do/that ur doc said u shud do tvs..
the commonest use of tvs is to check the follicles and uterine lining.
if u want to cover all bases...do a check shot as soon as af stops {this gives u an idea of how ur ovaries are, if u hv cysts or not]
then 2 to 3 days b4 ovu....u do another tvs..................so see ur follicle size, how many they are and uterine lining...
the 1 to 3 days after ovu.....to confirm that the follicle actually burst to realease the egg and it wasnt a cyst camouflaging as egg...
all these will help to rule out pcos, and also confirm u ovulated and ur system is in top shape...........tvs ranges from 3k to 10k depending on location
a fixed date for ur period?..u mean like every 28days, 31 days?...i dont see a prob with that, about ur not ovulation, u need to confirm if its ze3ro ovulation or having follicles that fail to mature..........this is usally treated with clomid [folo ur docs advice], but first things first...u need to get ur tubes/adhesions sorted out first

@RipVanWink, thank you very much. it seems you are the only one responding to my post. Really appreciate it.

Please I need a good gynea recommendation. the gynea am using asked me to do laparoscopy first to get the real state of my tubes. shld i go and do that or do flushing first. if i shld do the laparoscopy where can i do it?

I also heard about Regenesis hospital in lagos but i dont know how good they are.

Please beautiful Mama and Papas please attend to my queries i know my questions are much but please bear with me.

Baby dust to everybody cool smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by truemommy: 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
talltosyne:
@truemommy, with the present HSG, u can still conceive naturally. Loculated spill may indicate small pockets of fluid that can possible indicate tubal adhesions causing a dilated appearance of the tube. This is not ideal, but it does not tell you that the tube is blocked and you cannot get pregnant.

For ur Progesterone, I dnt think u r ovulating if it wz carried out on CD21. For prolactin, u can try d ewedu therapy for correction. U can check previous post for it.
Other sabi mama's will attend to u soon.

Please I have searched but I still dont know what ewedu therapy is o. and PLEASE what can i use for progesterone to make me ovulate?

thanks and baby dust to every body
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mompurity2: 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
@sugah, thanks for remembering me. We all shall announce on after the other in Jesus name. Amen.

@all, I have been on clomid and trigger shots with monitoring for 2mnths now (I was asked by my gynae to try for 3mnths) cos I wasn't ovulating. So for the 2 clomid cycles AF has been showing up right on time, Infact on the same day of each of those two months. My ppl i'm happy ooooo that things r now bcoming normal grin (that ws hw it used to be when I started seeing AF in my teens) bfor this two clomid cycles I use to induce AF. So God alone be all the glory and I believe that this last clomid cycle I'm starting today shall be my cycle and for everyone els who jst saw AF.

For all our preggy mamas, u shall have a sweet delivery in Jesus name.

Sorry for my plenty write-up ooooo grin

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mubzay(f): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
There is an hCG trigger shot that has a synthetic version of the hormone hCG and this is sometimes used as part of a fertility treatment for women trying to conceive.
You can get the hCG trigger shot with a prescription and it will be either unmixed or pre-mixed. You may get Novarel, Profasi, Pregnyl, Ovidrel, or a generic version and your doctor will prescribe somewhere between 5,000 and 20,000 IU of the medication. You should always follow your doctor’s instructions exactly both for mixing and injecting the drug.
Why Is It Needed?
HCG not only assists the follicles in maturing, but it also triggers mature eggs so they release from the follicles. Most of the time your doctor will give you a medication that induces ovulation (such as HMG or Clomid) and then take the trigger shot. When you take the shot, it will help complete the eggs’ maturation process and make sure they are released.
Your doctor will monitor you closely if you take the hCG trigger shot. You will have regular ultrasounds to look at the developing follicles so the doctor can see if the eggs are “ready.” Once the follicles are mature, your doctor will give you the shot and instructions on when and how to take it.  
When and How Is It Administered?
You can get the hCG shot administered by a professional at your doctor’s office or do it yourself at home. It can be injected subcutaneously in the thigh or belly or intramuscularly. The process is not painful at all.
The most important part of the shot is the timing as ovulation will probably happen between 12 and 48 hours after you are injected with the shot. This time frame represents your peak fertile time so it is when insemination, egg harvesting, or timed intercourse needs to take place. Your doctor can give you specific instructions on when you should take the trigger shot so that any fertility procedures can be scheduled for the most precise time.
Source: google

@cathy: do not be annoyed. Tried posting yday but network wasn't good. Hope ds helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FOTAMG: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
cathyibok:
It's well o. Nobody seem to v an answer to my question I posted twice on the thread. To think that some mamas triggered. Seems questions are only answered if u r being mentioned as a sabi mama in a post. God dey. @redeemed congrats and may God grant u n DH ur heart desires in double. Amen.
@sugah.... thanks for the mention. it will end in praise soon for everyone.

I've asked a couple of times as well to get firsthand info cos I browse a lot. Bt I guess we have special ppl dt are answered or maybe ppl dt know always busy. Google is my friend. Bt sometimes it's good to hear from ppl who have used so and so stuff. #just saying

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mompurity2: 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
@mubzay, Thnks for the detailed and easy to understand post. May God bless u sis.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
rainyday:
Hi mamas and papas, hope we r all good. Please what does it mean when they say "Uterine cavity is deformed ". Abeg make una answer me o those that know. Fertility blessings
Pls mamas dat ve an idea about dis should pls explain to me. i tried google n i dnt understand d grammer its telling me. miraclebaby,legendsmother,iomoge,and all oda sabi mamas make una no jump and pass abeg. God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cathyibok(f): 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
@muzbay....... thanks so much. I really appreciate. God bless.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
Congrats Beetle, she will be a source of joy to your home. Her siblings will come in quick succession in Jesus name.

@Redeemed,i pray this time next year you will hold your baby in your arms. Congrats.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by julie2015: 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
Pls mamas i want to ask can pelvic scan detect folicule or not. I ask becos i did pelvic scan today cd7 to check if the rapture cyst dat i had weeks ago has gone completly so yes d sono said it has gone but didnt mention anytin abt new growing folicules so i asked him all he said was dat i should come for tvs on cd13. So now am confused is it dat he did not see any new folicule or he cant see it tru the pelvic scan? Pls anyone one hav an idea? I just want to know y he said to come cd13
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemed(f): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
Thanks to my wonderful e-family for your prayers. May God Almighty bless and grant all our heart desires. We shall end this year in praise. God is too faithful to fail!

Wishing all a fruitful weekend.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RipVanWink: 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
julie2015:
Pls mamas i want to ask can pelvic scan detect folicule or not. I ask becos i did pelvic scan today cd7 to check if the rapture cyst dat i had weeks ago has gone completly so yes d sono said it has gone but didnt mention anytin abt new growing folicules so i asked him all he said was dat i should come for tvs on cd13. So now am confused is it dat he did not see any new folicule or he cant see it tru the pelvic scan? Pls anyone one hav an idea? I just want to know y he said to come cd13

FOR A good system...with 28days n above cycle...at cd 6/7 ur follicles shud be invicible, or ultra small, so seeing follicles on cd5/6/7 isnt good and points to other issues..........at cd 13 ur follicles shud be upto 15-20mm minimum for a 28/29 day cycle, he told you to come that day so he can see if u r growing new follicles n what size they are.

baby dust!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mubzay(f): 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
@mompurity: amen and u too.

@rainyday: don't knw much abt it. Tried googling it but came up with issues like fibrod, ashersman syndrome n abnormalities of d uterus. Don't knw ur prev diagnosis. I think iit is best to discuss with ur gyneacologist. May Allah (swt) break all protocols n grant u a bfp in ds holy month. Amen. Supernatural breakthrough sis.

Mama dat asked for ewedu therapy, it is used to bring down prolactin level. Just buy n cook ewedu worth of #50. Dnt add salt just include fish if u like and drink warm from cd1 and stop durng O. Also use vit b 50mg along. Its well dear

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nwarosa: 12:18am On Jul 11, 2015
Ewedu therapy : boil and drink ewedu leaf. don't add salt or oil. u may add crayfish to help with taste. take this daily. about N50 naira worth.
truemommy:

Please I have searched but I still dont know what ewedu therapy is o. and PLEASE what can i use for progesterone to make me ovulate?

thanks and baby dust to every body
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by talltosyne: 1:41am On Jul 11, 2015
@truemommy, so sorry for d late response. Ewedu therapy : boil and drink ewedu leaf. don't add salt or oil. u may add crayfish to help with taste. take this daily. about N50 naira worth. for u to ovulate, u ll be induced for ovulation, using either clomid or hMG(injection). am using tamoxifen to induce ovulation cos clomid gives me cyst. pls talk to ur gyn abt dis 1st. i dnt encourage self medication.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:55am On Jul 11, 2015
@mubzay, God bless u my sister. I was able to get d info from d other thread wit Doc Omicron. I wish u also a supernatural breakthrough. May Allah grant us our heart desire. Thanks once more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mubzay(f): 5:41am On Jul 11, 2015
@rainyday: amen. Glad to hear that. Just av faith n blv in Him. Its well my sis.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 11, 2015
@truemommy, i have visited Regenesis in Ikeja, Lagos and met doc Ekeh he seem very okay at least he seem to know what he is doing so u can visit him but i think they close like 4pm weekdays and 2pm on saturdays can't really remember and he runs most of his test in the hospital at reasonable amount, though i didn't go through treatment with him but on the IVF thread it is said that he likes to recommend donor sperm, if u want to undergo IVF with him, other than i think he is OK he would consult with you first before u are asked to register.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by talltosyne: 10:11am On Jul 11, 2015
Even if af decided to show up today, ayam nt going cry anymore.
Has any mama used hMG for ovulation stimulation? Looking in that direction, want to try.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 11, 2015
@talltosyne darling that's the spirit your testimony is closer than ever, beacuse God is able to do far more abundantly beyond all we ever ask or think and HE will arise and have mercy on us for now is our set time of favour.

i don't know the hMG, i know only letrozole, clomid and soy isoflavones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by talltosyne: 11:05am On Jul 11, 2015
Tanks so much @ayaayo.Was actually on tamoxifen which works well for me. As at cd11, already had follicle size of 25mm and linning of 14.3mm. I jst want super ovulation (more than one egg). My gyn want to inseminate artificially after trigger shot in d next cycle.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fumbaby: 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
@talltosyn my hubby's name sake it is well, you will testify very soon Insha Allah
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Glo27: 3:05pm On Jul 11, 2015
@ Talltosyne, its well dear, ive also decided not to cry again. The devil laughs whenever he sees us crying. One thing i know is either the devil likes it not we would carry our baby. Fertility blessings to every one.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CreamyBee: 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
@All. pls my mamas in d house. pls for those of u dat av used M2tone, pls can u share more light In it and wats d function. lastly pls can I take folic acid, vitaminE also with M2tone together?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by FOTAMG: 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
talltosyne:
Even if af decided to show up today, ayam nt going cry anymore.
Has any mama used hMG for ovulation stimulation? Looking in that direction, want to try.

Yes I hv. My doc gave me for 5 days. Den on day 12 I think, hcg

(1) (2) (3) ... (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (906) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.