Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP (20944 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo: I Did Not Defect From APC, I resigned / PDP Chieftain, 8 Party Chairmen Defect To APC In Kebbi / Ambode Reacts To Plan To Defect From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Ezenwammadu(m): 1:14pm On Jul 28, 2018
Thirteen out of the 23 local government chairmen in Benue State have defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Their defection comes days after the governor, Samuel Ortom, also defected from the APC to the PDP.

The governor announced his defection during a meeting with elected local government chairmen and councillors on Wednesday at the Government House Makurdi, hours after protesting youths barred him from travelling to Abuja to attend the APC reconciliation meeting.

He said that after various consultations from his party, he was advised to look for another party, noting that his stay in the APC had expired.

In the same vein, the 13 local government chairman have joined the wave of defections.

The chairmen include Anthony Shawon of Guma local government, Justina Sorka of Buruku local government, Mwuese Ubebe of Konshisha local government, Blessing Unogwo of Ado Ado local government, Virginia Kpindi of Katsina-Ala local government and George Alli of Otukpo local government.

Others include: Comfort Echeoda of Agatu local government, Francis Ayaga of Gwer West local government, Uaah Vitalis of Gwer East local government, Richard Nyajo of Logo local government, Ibellogo Tor of Tyokaa- Ukum local government, Adakole Abutu of Ohimini local government and Peter Onche of Obi local government.

The defections also follow the impeachment of Mr Terkimbi Ikyange, the Speaker of the Benue House of Assembly.
https://www.channelstv.com/2018/07/28/13-benue-lg-chairmen-defect-from-apc-to-pdp/amp/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Kyase(m): 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hmm, so this time the Idomas and the igedes(appointment sake) must vote for Buhari, Benue west will vote for Buhari too, and if Suswam defect then Benue is for Buhari again

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by iskuburi407: 1:21pm On Jul 28, 2018
Sai Baba

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Sprumbabafather: 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2018
Good.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Merimental(m): 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2018
Way 2 go...

6 Likes

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by magoo10(m): 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2018
APC have lost more than half of their votes in Benue state,they will only win Benue if it will be possible for fulani cows to vote for them since they value cows more than human.

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Sprumbabafather: 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2018
Kyase:
Hmm, so this time the Idomas and the igedes(appointment sake) must vote for Buhari, Benue west will vote for Buhari too, and if Suswam defect then Benue is for Buhari again

vote for buharri even in the face of all the killings?

What manner of appointment will make you support a government who are not protecting your lands?

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by FarahAideed: 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2018
Buhari should not bother coming to campaign in Benue

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Donald95(m): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
FarahAideed:
Buhari should not bother coming to campaign in Benue

He needs to be stoned whenever he enters benue

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Kyase(m): 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

vote for buharri even in the face of ethnic cleaning?

What manner of appointment will make you support a government who are not protecting your lands?

tell me why you want me to vote for pdp egbon.
And what ethnic cleansing are you talking about?
Don't seat in aba and claim to know more than me that's from Benue.....

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Sprumbabafather: 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
Kyase:

you might as well tell me those people being buried in Benue committed mass suicides grin

you're from Benue? Then am from Eskimo grin

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Kyase(m): 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

you might as well tell me those people being buried in Benue committed mass suicides grin
and you might as well tell me Buhari ordered their killing..

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Sprumbabafather: 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
Kyase:

So, what happened to them Mr Benueman?

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Kyase(m): 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

you won't believe even if i tell you, so why should I?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by teebaxy(m): 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2018
Better
Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by israelmao(m): 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2018
Defection won't stop even after general elections.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2018
Good development. Buhari is a failing failure. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
Kyase:
he did not order their killing but he swore to protect all Nigerians irrespective of tribe religion

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Yusuf54: 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
Local Government Chairmen have no Political Value

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

get sense fast.
Only mentally challenged people and red mud potorpotor republicans would think or believe PMB ordered Benue people to be murdered .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by ekensi01: 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2018
Smiles!!

All Thesame,
Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Snipish: 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2018
Apc must crash. Ask Sani

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by udo2018: 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2018
Kyase:
This reply is very daft and insensitive.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Diso60090(m): 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2018
Kyase:

Since you from there tell me the meaning of benue

10 Likes

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Eliteklaus(m): 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2018
APC SUPPORTERS WOULD NOT LIKE TO ADMIT IT BUT 2019 ELECTIONS KEEPS ON GETTING HARDER BY THE PASSING OF EVERYDAY.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by maestroferddi: 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2018
So APC were expecting to still be relevant in Benue State after the herdsmen saga?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by remi4ever(m): 2:03pm On Jul 28, 2018
.....so what?
Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Sprumbabafather: 2:03pm On Jul 28, 2018
4601CE:
get sense fast.
Only mentally challenged people and red mud potorpotor republicans would think or believe PMB ordered Benue people to be murdered .

so, what do you think happened to them?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by talk2rotman(m): 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2018
we are waiting for more....
Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by budusky05(m): 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2018
OP is it from APC to PDP or PDP to APC?
Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Iamzik: 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2018
4601CE:
get sense fast.

So what happened to them na?

6 Likes

Re: 13 Benue LG Chairmen Defect From APC To PDP by Groovenaija360(m): 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2018
Breaking and Good news for Nigerians

President Buhari has halted his re-election campaign.

Probably must changed his mind.

God be praised

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governors Plan NEC Meeting To Replace Oshiomhole As Court Suspends APC Chair / Ize-iyamu Hosts His Campaign Managers To A Dinner / Akinlade Adekunle Meets With Osinbajo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.