Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) (1811 Views)

Why Do Hell Fire Distributors Close Their Eyes On This Verse? / A Beautiful Mosque In Turkey Designed Based On A Verse Of Qur'an / Understanding The Verse Of "Beating One's Wife" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by AlBaqir(m): 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
"And (forbidden to you are also) women having husbands except those (prisoners of war) who come into your legal possession..." {Sura an-Nisa:24]}

Brother Isma'il was a Muslim convert and he has studied and defended Islam passionately. It is very interesting to say all his researches were solely based on Ahl al-Sunnah interpretation of Islam.

Now the brother is being hunted by this same Sunni understanding of Islam. One of the reasons (perhaps the grand reason) why he left Islam is the case of "SEXUALL INTERCOURSE WITH CAPTIVES."

Watch his submission in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR7_YQ53lfI

The hadith of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri which Ahlu Sunnah graded Sahih (authentic) as "interpretation of this ayah" made this brother revert and left Islam.

Here's the Sunni exegesis as documented by Tafsir ibn Kathir which reads:

{except those whom your right hands possess} except those whom you acquire through war, for you are allowed such women after making sure they are not pregnant. Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri said, "We captured some women from the area of Awtas who were already married, and we disliked having sexual relations with them because they already had husbands. So, we asked the Prophet about this matter, and this Ayah was revealed,

(Also (forbidden are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess). Consequently, we had sexual relations with these women.'' This is the wording collected by At-Tirmidhi An-Nasa'i, Ibn Jarir and Muslim in his Sahih.

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=684&Itemid=59

The Main question from brother Ismail, and which I am also asking my Sunni brethren is: What is the moral justification for this treatment of captives?
Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by AlBaqir(m): 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
SUMMARY OF SHI'I INTERPRETATION

# Tafsir al-Mizan of Allamah Hussein al-Tabatabai explains the falsity and errors in this hadith of Ahl al-Sunnah where their understanding attached to this ayah is derived i.e free license to have sexual intercourse with slaves/captives. Check Tafsir al-Mizan for its comprehensive and in-depth exegesis.

All Shi'i Tafasir {[Tafsir al-Mizan, Tafsir al-Nimunih, Tafsir Nur al-Quran etc]} unanimously conclude the ayah in its use of language and contexts:

# Ayatullah Makarim Shirazi, the author of Tafsir Nimunih under this ayah writes, "All married women (are unlawful to you) except those whom your right hand possess: {[Your captives are like those who are divorced, and you may marry them if they are willing}.

# Mir Ahmad in his commentary writes:

{except those whom your right hand possess} signifies such married women as shall come in your possession as prisoners of war. Such women when not taken back on payment of ransom or through negotiation, are lawful as wives, even though their previous marriage has not been formally dissolved, provided the infidel woman becomes a Muslim."

# Tafsir Nur al-Quran writes:

"For non-Muslims, captivity is counted as divorce. It is like the faith of a woman that when her husband continues his infidelity and the woman has embraced Islam, the very belief separates her from her husband.

To take in marriage a woman who has husband is unlawful from the point of Islam. The woman may be from any nation and with any religion. But captivity is like divorce, and a captive woman observe a waiting term for one month (one menstruation) from the time she is captured, and if she is in pregnancy period, she must wait until she is delivered of her child. Thus, during this period, no conjugal connection is admissible with her.

This matrimonial device, as a permanent or contemporary spouse, is better than the device of returning her to the infidels or leaving her alone with no guardian
."
Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by AlBaqir(m): 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by Alhajipablo(m): 9:04am On Jun 25, 2016
Sunni, Shia, Ahmadiyyah; all na Muslim...........................Full stop.
Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by ZhulFiqar: 12:07pm On Jun 25, 2016
Ayatollah al-Sistani prohibits the enslavement and rape of women during a military campaign, and forbids sex with non-Muslim concubines:

Fatwa, posted 4.22.2010, from Iraq, in: Rape, Legal consequences of- Slavery and Concubinage
Religious Authority: Ali al-Sistanti
Website URL: http://www.sistani.org/

Fatwa Question or Essay Title: Ayatollah al-Sistani prohibits the enslavement and rape of women during a military campaign, and forbids sex with non-Muslim concubines:
Is it permissible to enslave women belonging to infidels who make war [against us] without the permission of the legitimate ruler? Is it permissible to have sex with them before they surrender? And if someone bought or came to own a non-Muslim concubine, may he have sex with her?

Answer: No, it is not allowed.

http://www.islamopediaonline.org/fatwa/ayatollah-al-sistani-prohibits-enslavement-and-rape-women-during-military-campaign-and-forbids
Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by Newnas(m): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
No matter how much of your rafidi taqiyyah you put here, your misguidance will always be clear!

You and your deviant sheikhs shamelessly fabricated narrations and disbelieve in clear verses! The fact that you don't understand the moral justification for an act is your reason for refusal?! So, what's the essence of claiming eeman when your intellect won't submit to the wisdom of your Lord?!

Then, you should provide the justification for lending wives to visitors in your shia religion and the justification for prostitution and bestiality as you have been challenged several times!!!

Bloody filthy infidels spending their day and night in calling to hell!

7 Likes

Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by Rafidi: 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
Newnas:
No matter how much of your rafidi taqiyyah you put here, your misguidance will always be clear!
You and your deviant sheikhs shamelessly fabricated narrations and disbelieve in clear verses! The fact that you don't understand the moral justification for an act is your reason for refusal?! So, what's the essence of claiming eeman when your intellect won't submit to the wisdom of your Lord?!
Then, you should provide the justification for lending wives to visitors in your shia religion and the justification for prostitution and bestiality as you have been challenged several times!!!

I use to think you talk either for the sake of knowledge or out of ignorance. You also make unfounded lies. Please tell us in which Shia book we are told to lend our wives and who has lend you his wife? It's Ramadan! Fear Allah. You'd be held accountable by Allah for spreading falsehood and lies against others. You hate us and you have funny ideas, fine. But not to the extent of fabricating lies or making imaginative stories.
Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by AlBaqir(m): 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
^Dear brother Rafidi, the best way to punish insult is to ignore. I don't expect you replying fools with their ill thought. Their usual plot is to derail any thread that goes against their manhaj especially when they have no useful responds to the challenge.
Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by Newnas(m): 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2016
Rafidi:

I use to think you talk either for the sake of knowledge or out of ignorance. You also make unfounded lies. Please tell us in which Shia book we are told to lend our wives and who has lend you his wife? It's Ramadan! Fear Allah. You'd be held accountable by Allah for spreading falsehood and lies against others. You hate us and you have funny ideas, fine. But not to the extent of fabricating lies or making imaginative stories.

Sorry, but I'm not a taqiyyah bigot like you and your fellows.
I don't make false claims and attribute them to anyone without proper research unlike you and your filthy shia-taqiyyah cohort AlBaqir who has been exposed several times on this forum. If only he would repent!
I've treated the matter in my thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3015474/nail-shia-coffin-must-read
so read it because it's highly enlightening. All praise be to Allah who has made the completion of the work possible.

1 Like

Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by Rafidi: 12:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
Newnas:

Sorry, but I'm not a taqiyyah bigot like you and your fellows.
I don't make false claims and attribute them to anyone without proper research unlike you and your filthy shia-taqiyyah cohort AlBaqir who has been exposed several times on this forum. If only he would repent!
I've treated the matter in my thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3015474/nail-shia-coffin-must-read
so read it because it's highly enlightening. All praise be to Allah who has made the completion of the work possible.

you're still presenting what is without reference and no valid source. i was the one who exposed you in that thread. you are still bringing it up. dont you have some shame? or is the topic too hot for you? or you are just simply dumb and block headed? something does not have a source and no reference. you still make the baseless claim and back it up with your write up that is also baseless. what sort of dumbness is this?

if you want to make claims, at least present a valid source. let me give you TWO examples below. when you open the link and you view the stated sources, these are sources you can find available in tangible (not imaginary) books and online too. when you read the claims backed up with the references, you see quality and truth in the writing. is that too much to ask for?

"Examples of Sunni (im)morality" :
http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/mutah/sunni-morality.html

"Nasibi propaganda relating to sexual ethics" :
http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/mutah/nasibi-propaganda-of-sexual-ethics.html
Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by Newnas(m): 7:44am On Jun 30, 2016
Rafidi:

you're still presenting what is without reference and no valid source. i was the one who exposed you in that thread. you are still bringing it up. dont you have some shame? or is the topic too hot for you? or you are just simply dumb and block headed? something does not have a source and no reference. you still make the baseless claim and back it up with your write up that is also baseless. what sort of dumbness is this?

if you want to make claims, at least present a valid source. let me give you TWO examples below. when you open the link and you view the stated sources, these are sources you can find available in tangible (not imaginary) books and online too. when you read the claims backed up with the references, you see quality and truth in the writing. is that too much to ask for?

"Examples of Sunni (im)morality" :
http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/mutah/sunni-morality.html

"Nasibi propaganda relating to sexual ethics" :
http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/mutah/nasibi-propaganda-of-sexual-ethics.html

@underlined: Your delusion of grandeur is beyond bound!!! I didn't believe you are really blind, it's now clear to me that you need quick medical attention!
Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by Empiree: 4:36am On Jul 11, 2016
Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 13, 2016
Whoever Allah guides none can Lead astray and whoever is led Astray(By Allah), none can guide.....

2 Likes

Re: He Left Islam Because Of This Ayah (verse) by haliruali(m): 9:48am On Jul 13, 2016
Newnas:
Gbam!!!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Sexual Desires - Nouman Ali Khan - Quran Weekly / A The Signs Of The Anti Christ (dajjal) Is Everywhere We Should Be On Guard / Muslim Corpers Association Of Nigeria MCAN Lagos Chapter,meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.