Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! (73625 Views)

Small Scale Rabbit Farm / The Making Of My Small Garden.(pics) / Photos From My Small Watermelon Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by nadalion: 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2016
You sure say those your rabbits weren't gays?
lsfespiritus:
Some time ago I had some rabbits but lost interest in them when they refused to reproduce after about 2years. though I handed it over to somebody to be taking care of them because I was still in school then.
Laughing real hard

1 Like

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by ugowinn(m): 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

With your username and what u wrote, u sound like the person who wrote the book titled "Idiots with B.Sc".... Are you?

Never make mockery of people's certificate. Everybody's ability and desires are not the same. Be happy with ur rabbit farming; don't run scholars and academics down. I repeat...everyone has a role to play. Do business; but don't curse or ridicule ur certificate. Be matured.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Nickymezor(f): 11:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
Grt job OP... Mehn I love Yabbits(rabbits) as my lil nephew calls dem smiley
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Tatia(m): 11:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
Obio,
Thanks for your openness.
More power to you and talk with you soon
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Jofez: 6:06am On Jul 09, 2016
Say no to newcastle disease and other viral diseases... .get admacine today 08108887841
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by oblo(m): 6:48am On Jul 09, 2016
hotspec:

ok. its called YUN-YUN (you-un-you-un) in my Yoruba area. It brings out sunflower and has not too smooth, hairy surface and stem. Its a common grass around.

Very correct bro wink thats the exact way to decribe the plant. The tin can scratch ehnnnn angry angry angry my three year old son can testify to that....the guy one once wanted to dey form don jazzy in helping me to feed the rabbits....would I say no? grin grin eerrmm now sha the guy keeps a distance from the plants...but not the rabbits grin grin grin

I am planning as well to pay a visit to any big commercial rabbit farm. I do not know if there is any farm that does process the urine and skin here in Nigeria. All I have read about that so far are from Kenya mostly. I might be wrong though.

Since I started I have collected close to 22 litres of urine from the 10 rabbits I have in about 2 weeks...from the info gotten if this is processed ....just a 1 litre of this processed fertiliser diluted with 20 litres can fertilise an acre of land shocked shocked shocked by spraying directly on the crops. (The urine stink is gone after processing)

Yes its a messy job collecting rabbit urine...yes it stinks ordinarily as per normal .but when one opens the cover of the container of collected urine.Oluwa oooo...chai.....chai..... shocked shocked(it really stinks....no really really..it does stink....and it has a sharp twist to that stink due to high concentration of ammonia . embarassed embarassed......

But look on the non stinky side...imagine how many acres of your farmland 10 rabbits can fertilise with just 20 litres..= 20 acres .....imagine how much extra funds one can raise by selling this urine ..even if na to buy recharge card or buy fuel for generator..... grin..imagine how much you had saved from not buying chemical based fertiliser. ...imagine also the amount of acres you have saved from chemical based fertiliser.......all this savings from rabbit urine? Organic is the way to go!

I remember Otunba Ghadafi of dmt mobile toilets slogan "[/s]Shit [s] Piss business is good business " wink

11 Likes

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Pavore9: 7:27am On Jul 09, 2016
@oblo, send me a PM so l can link you up with the guy to mentor you through organically processing the urine likewise the skin.

1 Like

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by XieXie: 7:34am On Jul 09, 2016
Sir I was about asking how long it took to collect the the 2 cans of urine you posted earlier. Nice to see you have answered that and good branding too.

But pls how do you separate the urine from the faces? Don't both of them roll down on the V-shaped aluminium pan and collect into the pipes together?
How do you separate them.
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by ikanason(m): 8:10am On Jul 09, 2016
nice one

1 Like

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by hotspec(m): 8:34am On Jul 09, 2016
oblo:

Very correct bro wink thats the exact way to decribe the plant. The tin can scratch ehnnnn angry angry angry my three year old son can testify to that....the guy one once wanted to dey form don jazzy in helping me to feed the rabbits....would I say no? grin grin eerrmm now sha the guy keeps a distance from the plants...but not the rabbits grin grin grin

If u cant get any processing firm here in ds country, u can as well liaise with those from Kenya, dt means ur business is going international from d onset. Pls keep record of all your daily activities abt d farm. Then let ur watchword be EXPANSION, get small money to register ur FARM (Company) with corporate Affairs Commission, then u can start thinking of writing proposals to govt and other grant giving body. Today's govts are ready to support anything Agriculture, especially raw materials profuction like d urine fertilizer, fur and skin and job opportunities for others. Thats how Obasanjo Farms (Ota) and Tuns Farm (OSOGBO) started. D guy just won #25b contract from FG for one national egg production prog.

There are so many firms in d north dt tan skins and process fur, mayb a little research will help.

Lastly, frqeuntly spray d distant environment of ur cages with chemicals like Sniper or DD Force to keep soldier ants away. Those ants are very destructive and can kill just any thing. U can also look for local/bioological way of keeping them off in ur area. See u @d top

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by thunderkizito(m): 9:05am On Jul 09, 2016
good day bro,its a nice stuff ur running here ,pls can u help me with or contact will love to talk to u in private
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Ezionye(f): 9:52am On Jul 09, 2016
Nice one op

I did keep rabbits a long time ago. The female finally gave birth and we as young children rushed to carry and pet the baby rabbits. But within hours they were dead cry

We were later told that the mother rabbit refused to care for the young ones cos she sensed the touch of an external person on them.

Is DAT true?

If yes, hw do u clean out their cages without touching or moving the young ones

Well, our mother rabbit later on dug through her cage and into the ground and dissapeared. We just found a hole one morn.

2 Likes

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 09, 2016
LeJeun3:

Babbit.... grin grin

Wabbit grin

1 Like

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by baba11(m): 11:30am On Jul 09, 2016
Pavore9:
@oblo, send me a PM so l can link you up with the guy to mentor you through organically processing the urine likewise the skin.
For me personally,commercial rearing of rabbits is not the problem but marketability!

2 Likes

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by nadalion: 2:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
This is true
baba11:

For me personally,commercial rearing of rabbits is not the problem but marketability!
abeg ehn, people with already established farms, how do you sell your products (i mean the meat, skin, Urine, feaces), and what's the market price range like? I'm thinking of starting one here in rivers state.
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by oblo(m): 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
Pavore9:

Pm sent Sir. I really appreciate.

XieXie:
Sir I was about asking how long it took to collect the the 2 cans of urine you posted earlier. Nice to see you have answered that and good branding too.
But pls how do you separate the urine from the faces? Don't both of them roll down on the V-shaped aluminium pan and collect into the pipes together?
How do you separate them.

Those 2 kegs of urine you saw were not mine. Those were from an example Pavore9 posted from kenya. Nevertheless....very soon .... wink

thunderkizito:
good day bro,its a nice stuff ur running here ,pls can u help me with or contact will love to talk to u in private

you can pm me or check for my number its on this thread.

hotspec:

If u cant get any processing firm here in ds country, u can as well liaise with those from Kenya, dt means ur business is going international from d onset. Pls keep record of all your daily activities abt d farm. Then let ur watchword be EXPANSION, get small money to register ur FARM (Company) with corporate Affairs Commission, then u can start thinking of writing proposals to govt and other grant giving body. Today's govts are ready to support anything Agriculture, especially raw materials profuction like d urine fertilizer, fur and skin and job opportunities for others. Thats how Obasanjo Farms (Ota) and Tuns Farm (OSOGBO) started. D guy just won #25b contract from FG for one national egg production prog.
There are so many firms in d north dt tan skins and process fur, mayb a little research will help.
Lastly, frqeuntly spray d distant environment of ur cages with chemicals like Sniper or DD Force to keep soldier ants away. Those ants are very destructive and can kill just any thing. U can also look for local/bioological way of keeping them off in ur area. See u @d top

Thanks a bunch! Sound words of reality.

Ezionye:
Nice one op
I did keep rabbits a long time ago. The female finally gave birth and we as young children rushed to carry and pet the baby rabbits. But within hours they were dead cry
We were later told that the mother rabbit refused to care for the young ones cos she sensed the touch of an external person on them.
Is DAT true?
If yes, hw do u clean out their cages without touching or moving the young ones
Well, our mother rabbit later on dug through her cage and into the ground and dissapeared. We just found a hole one morn.

As for the mother not caring for the young if you touch them..well I have never experienced that even way back then.

And yes..rabbits do dig... grin

baba11:

Yes....you might be correct..but If snake, grasscutter, giant rats and the likes are eaten...I see no reason why rabbits as well cant be seen as a very good source of cheap protein.
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by officialfestus(m): 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
Good day everyone,pls where can i get these rabbits in edo state,and which grass can i use to feed them,because when my elder brother was rearing them i was still small then....
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by baba11(m): 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2016
oblo:

Pm sent Sir. I really appreciate.

Those 2 kegs of urine you saw were not mine. Those were from an example Pavore9 posted from kenya. Nevertheless....very soon .... wink

you can pm me or check for my number its on this thread.

Thanks a bunch! Sound words of reality.

As for the mother not caring for the young if you touch them..well I have never experienced that even way back then.

And yes..rabbits do dig... grin

Yes....you might be correct..but If snake, grasscutter, giant rats and the likes are eaten...I see no reason why rabbits as well cant be seen as a very good source of cheap protein.
What i meant is that it is not in high demand in this part of the world..i can't say about the future prospect for it o
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by baba11(m): 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2016
nadalion:
This is true abeg ehn, people with already established farms, how do you sell your products (i mean the meat, skin, Urine, feaces), and what's the market price range like? I'm thinking of starting one here in rivers state.
i had reared it too (about 20yrs ago)...the questions you asked are the likely challenges you and i are going to face too if we're to start now..

put in mind that they are very delicate animal i.e the environs must be always free of dirts,pests,rodents,predators and flies..any small pinch on them..they're 'gunner'' tongue
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Pavore9: 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
baba11:

What i meant is that it is not in high demand in this part of the world..i can't say about the future prospect for it o

By the time he processes the urine and give it out to farmers to test out, the results will spur and build demand.

1 Like

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by baba11(m): 6:57pm On Jul 09, 2016
Pavore9:

By the time he processes the urine and give it out to farmers to test out, the results will spur and build demand.
What will the farmers do with the urine?
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by officialfestus(m): 7:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
officialfestus:
Good day everyone,pls where can i get these rabbits in edo state,and which grass can i use to feed them,because when my elder brother was rearing them i was still small then...
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Pavore9: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2016
baba11:

It serves as organic fertilizer and pesticide.

1 Like

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:45pm On Jul 09, 2016
ugowinn:

Never make mockery of people's certificate. Everybody's ability and desires are not the same. Be happy with ur rabbit farming; don't run scholars and academics down. I repeat...everyone has a role to play. Do business; but don't curse or ridicule ur certificate. Be matured.

U seem to have gotten me wrong, I was asking if he was the one that wrote that book considering what he said, which I quoted. I wasn't making mockery of any body's certificate... How can I when I'm also a degree holder. #Apology if that was how it sounded to you#

4 Likes

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by officialfestus(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:

U seem to have gotten me wrong, I was asking if he was the one that wrote that book considering what he said, which I quoted. I wasn't making mockery of any body's certificate... How can I when I'm also a degree holder. #Apology if that was how it sounded to you#
Like seriously am proud of you,because i was thinking if people like you still exits on this planet,because you don't like hurting people's feelings,atleat you deserve an eagle's feather on your hat,i respect you bros.....

5 Likes

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Cutehector(m): 11:40am On Jul 10, 2016
nobosaba:

Bro check your email inbox. So we talk more. Thanks
hey watsup, it's your boy hector. I wish to solicit for your votes for falconey who is vying for the mr nairaland contest. Just as u voted in d last mr nairaland contest, ur votes will go along way in making him win the contest.

I look foward to a positive reply from u. Thanks so much.
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by oblo(m): 11:08pm On Jul 18, 2016
So.... sorry for non update. Been so busy. Work work work! angry

So when I started this whole setup I wanted to hit the ground running already hence I got mature rabbits ready to breed...

Paying off....] grin grin...fast-forward to this evening

I have a Doe already getting ready to have bunnies...(obviously she was already preggy when I bought her)
It all started when I got back from work today at bout past 8pm, only for my wife to tell me she noticed one Doe I suspected was heavy , pulling her fur..I went to have a look see and there she was ....furs scaterd in.her cubicle. shocked shocked shocked.......Omo..na so I start to dey construct the box o.. ( I should have done this already angry angry angry) undecided undecided ......out came my saw, nails, tape, net, etc.... and work began sharply...pleas by madam for me to rest since I just got back...angry angry...... # whistling..Kiss Daniels..Laye ooo Laye oooo...Baby mi ko jooo..#

After puffing/huffing /sawing/ nailing/ for another 35mins I had a usable enclosure.

Oya I jejely laid newspaper beneath the box and left another page in the cage... ..within 15mins, she has started shredding the paper and geting the nest ready.

Enjoy some action pics grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by addictiv(m): 1:26am On Jul 19, 2016
baba11:

Drink it chilled noni.... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by BABAAGBALABA: 6:17am On Jul 19, 2016
oblo:
So.... sorry for non update. Been so busy. Work work work! angry

So when I started this whole setup I wanted to hit the ground running already hence I got mature rabbits ready to breed...

Paying off....] grin grin...fast-forward to this evening

I have a Doe already getting ready to have bunnies...(obviously she was already preggy when I bought her)
It all started when I got back from work today at bout past 8pm, only for my wife to tell me she noticed one Doe I suspected was heavy , pulling her fur..I went to have a look see and there she was ....furs scaterd in.her cubicle. shocked shocked shocked.......Omo..na so I start to dey construct the box o.. ( I should have done this already angry angry angry) undecided undecided ......out came my saw, nails, tape, net, etc.... and work began sharply...pleas by madam for me to rest since I just got back...angry angry...... # whistling..Kiss Daniels..Laye ooo Laye oooo...Baby mi ko jooo..#

After puffing/huffing /sawing/ nailing/ for another 35mins I had a usable enclosure.

Oya I jejely laid newspaper beneath the box and left another page in the cage... ..within 15mins, she has started shredding the paper and geting the nest ready.

Enjoy some action pics grin grin
pls oga how many kits did she give birth to
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by baba11(m): 9:35am On Jul 19, 2016
addictiv:

shocked
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by Ameboperoo(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2016
addictiv:

Drink what?
Re: Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! by oblo(m): 9:20am On Jul 20, 2016
Surprised!

Eventually I had 2 Does produce bunnies that night!

One of the does gave no signs at all. I just came out early the next day to check and discovered 2 had bunnies.

One had 5 bunnies and the other 8.

They are all doing well. cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures) / Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured / Huge Cassava Harvested In Imo State, Taller Than The Owner!!!!! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.