Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,022 members, 7,835,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

My And My Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My And My Boyfriend (1076 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / My Boyfriend Impregnates Me And My Daughter / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My And My Boyfriend by onyemylove: 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2009
Pls my fellow nairaland, advice me on what do.

My boyfriend of 3months is not happy with me cause i told him my mind.

He tells me all the time that i like to keep things to my self and that he doesnt like it, he feels insecure because he tells me everything that happens to him and i advice him.

Yes i dont tell him because i dont want to be a burden to him, as he's going through a lot right know. what actually happened recently was that on Monday he left the office late and was on the traffic for hours during which i called him almost every 30mins and about 11pm i called, he didnt pick so i sent him text to let me know when he gets home which he didnt so on Tuesday i was on my way to the office when my car suddenly starded stop, i was scared to death, so i called him, he didnt pick it. so i left the car and went to the office, he didnt call till around 9.00 i didnt pick beacuse i was angry with him, he called later i told him i was angry with him that what if something had happened to me there and that he didnt even call after seeing the text.

I told him that i couldnt have done that to him and he got angry and have refused to call. what do i do. cause he still the one complaining that i dont let him know when i have challenges.
Re: My And My Boyfriend by honsule(m): 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2009
Open rebuke is better than secret love.sincerity pays any day any time.i can see the spirit of anger at work
Re: My And My Boyfriend by Emperoh(m): 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2009
[b]Pride and Lack of communication will kill the relationship before it even breathes of life!!!
Telling him something is not akin to him doing it. . . . not even worrying about. . . Pls and pls girl, he tell u and u don't tell him
Would u be happy if it was the other way round? Except him, who else do you share you problems with?
If he decides to stop tellling you, know it and quote me anywhere, that your affair will crumble like a pack of cards.
The next thing u will come to tell NLDers is that he is suspecting you. . . .its because u won't tell him whats happening around you.

As for the present issue, a lot of us are guilty of jumping to conclusions even before any hypothesis. . .we never even bother to find out the real situation or reasons for whatever happened before getting and replying angrily!!
Pls lets learn to exercise retraint when issues like this come up. . . .they will make better relationships!!!
Pls when next you speak to him, pretend as if nothing happened. This will automatically kill off the tension between you two.
Then maybe at a later period in a lighter mood, bring up the issue again and trash it out in a friendly manner.
its worked for me. . . . . it might work for you!!
GOOD LUCK!!
[/b]
Re: My And My Boyfriend by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2009
Why's he acting wierd
Re: My And My Boyfriend by frank317: 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2009
leave him,

he is obviously getting fed up of the relationship. make him miss u a little
Re: My And My Boyfriend by onyemylove: 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2009
Thanks to everyone that has replied. but i also need more.

Cause he's still has not called.
Re: My And My Boyfriend by omega25red(m): 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2009
This is no reason to break up. I think what happened is the fact that you called every 30 mins the night before and then you started caling right the next morning you probably seemed very needy.

This is just a communication issue. If you want this to work you need to call him leave him a message that you want to talk and then hash it out. If he doesn't call you back then maybe it might be time to move on besides it's only been 3 months so no sweat
Re: My And My Boyfriend by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2009
He's just a baby who really needs to grow up. . .I suggest you either confront this issue now that the relationship is at its early stage because it ain't gonna get better later. . .

and if he ain't changing. . .then babe you had better pack your bags while you still can. . .before you get too emotionally attached. . .thats if your not there already undecided
Re: My And My Boyfriend by zeal500: 7:12pm On Sep 03, 2009
Run now dt its morning shocked
Re: My And My Boyfriend by lilme1(f): 8:38pm On Sep 03, 2009
i think you ve every rite to be upset, shocked.don't condemn yoursef on that one. the relationship is too young to have sproblem on the bases of calling!
Re: My And My Boyfriend by Ahaiweh(f): 11:08pm On Sep 03, 2009
communication is the key to every successesful reltnshp, open up. this age ppls dnt do hide n seek anymore. learn to be in control of ur reltnshp, love is a call to serve, love him right or someone else will. wink
Re: My And My Boyfriend by naijaguy2(m): 11:19pm On Sep 03, 2009
Don't rush d guy,

u said he is going through some challenges right now,

allow him to settle himself for whatever he may be going through, give him sometimes, just pretend as if you don't mind, continue calling him and texting him for a while and see what the outcome will be.

Good luck
Re: My And My Boyfriend by Ipsi(f): 11:33pm On Sep 04, 2009
Well ive been in this position before cuz I like to think I dont want to burden the other person but Ive learnt that when a person decides wilfully to share their own problems with you its not usually for you to do something about it but to listen. It feels good to share that way you can come up with a solutipn as two heads are better than one. Please stop calling him every 30 minuites. That shows that you are a needy and clingy person ,you might be smothering Him and that pushes people away. It can be very annoying. If he hasnt called you and you still want to be with him and he with you you can call him and you guys can talk about what exactly is wrong in your communication, or he might just not want to be with you again and you can take that time to appreciate yourself as a person and be content with who you are. A more confident content you can do wonders and draw a much better guy to you.
Re: My And My Boyfriend by justwise(m): 12:30am On Sep 05, 2009
Onething that kills rela/ship is lack of communication, i can not stay with a girl who keeps things away from me, no chance, i will show her the exit door b4 she knows what hits her.

Now for your bf, he acted like a big fool, when he saw the txt abt your car, he should have called to find out how u managed to get to the office, if he was too busy in office and couldn't call then he should have apologise when he realised how angry u are(u are right to be angry) not trying to turn the table on u.

Nothing wrong with txting him every 30mins to know if he is home, its sign of concern, both of u need to start communicating, share your views feelings with each other, not acting like 2 single teens
Re: My And My Boyfriend by MoneyRule(m): 12:37am On Sep 05, 2009
It's possible that he didn't have credit and couldn't call earlier, send him a text telling him you want to see him(to discuss the matter),call him or anything(just make an effort to resolve things). if he honors the invitation, then you guys can talk but if he doesn't,give him some space, when he comes back to his senses, he should come back unless. . . . .
Re: My And My Boyfriend by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 05, 2009
naija_guy:

Don't rush d guy,

u said he is going through some challenges right now,

allow him to settle himself for whatever he may be going through, give him sometimes, just pretend as if you don't mind, continue calling him and texting him for a while and see what the outcome will be.

Good luck

You are right
Re: My And My Boyfriend by 190: 10:13am On Sep 05, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

He's just a baby who really needs to grow up. . .I suggest you either confront this issue now that the relationship is at its early stage because it ain't gonna get better later. . .

and if he ain't changing. . .then babe you had better pack your bags while you still can. . .before you get too emotionally attached. . .thats if your not there already undecided

trust anthonia to always give u the best advice that wud wreck ur life! angry angry
Re: My And My Boyfriend by amebono1: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2009
190:

trust anthonia to always give u the best advice that wud wreck your life! angry angry

and what better advice do you have? undecided

@topic

use your tongue to count your teeth, if you dont stand on your ground and let this man know NOW  that you are not a play toy he has his mood swings on, then you never will

No matter how stressed a man is, if he cant balance his emotional life properly as it is, then hes not even worth 1 second of my time undecided

Now wait a minute ,whats with all you girls that think with your heart and not your brains this days? undecided

Holy moses
Re: My And My Boyfriend by 190: 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2009
poster
pls i dont know if u read or studied in mars

but could u please explain what the meaning of

MY AND MY BOYFRIEND is?

please clarify!
Re: My And My Boyfriend by topup: 3:28am On Sep 06, 2009
That sounds so annoying, he sounds pretty self-centred. You've explained that you don't want to be burden to him right?? That way he should know that you withhold info. for his own good not because you don't trust him.

He sounds like he thinks his problems matter more than yours because he hasn't really addressed why he wasn't able to pick up his phone, I can understand why you were scared but I tell you, it's important to learn the lesson to be independent in your own way, never rely on anybody, man or woman, try and be strong and have safety measures, because what happens if anything ever happened to these people and they were no longer able to help you in your time of need.

Please put out more safety measures.

All the best with speaking to him and both of you opening up and finally discussing this issue - which before your car stopped working, was only an issue for him.
Re: My And My Boyfriend by kaysy(m): 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2009
could it be that u'r becoming too foward to his likeness?

Maybe what he had for you was lust and now?? please try and be a real woman ok?

(1) (Reply)

How To Break Up Without Sheeding Tears / The Power Of The Ex / Your Reaction When Somebody Is Disturbing Ur Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.