Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” (58415 Views)

Why Nigeria's Economy Is Failing: Case Of Amcon And Silverbird / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by sleemfesh: 9:14am On Jun 26, 2016
phemmyutd:
All these thing happened from 2010 when Gej became Nigeria President.

No wonder he said he made so many Nigerians Billionaire.

How will economy not collapse with all these debts?

You are a big slowpoke.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by seunt4ut(m): 9:25am On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:
So Dangote does not owe a dime?? NAh come on... Even if its not the alleged 209billion or so.., he's gotta be owing some money

First 100 out of 217 Debtors , you can see that Silverbird is not mentioned. you never can tell who the remaining debtors are.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by rabzy01: 9:28am On Jun 26, 2016
Check again please.

Businessideas:
That Osigwe Foods and Agro get as e be o shocked
I used to think Osigwe is an Igbo name, never knew it is Hausa /Muslim name undecided
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 9:29am On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:
So Dangote does not owe a dime?? NAh come on... Even if its not the alleged 209billion or so.., he's gotta be owing some money

Yea. I tot so too.

He borrowed 50k from me and hasn't returned my money since.

You help me see dangote?

2 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by anonimi: 9:31am On Jun 26, 2016
phemmyutd:
How much did Gej met in our foreign reserve and how much did he left,

I see that you are not only having problems with English grammar you are also ignorant.
So let me help you on the second problem that you have.
FYI =>

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct
15 NOVEMBER 2013

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/412x247xOkonjo-Iweala-e1442838220305.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nz-K0adxSv.webp[/img]

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that [size=14pt]the states had requested for $2bn[/size] to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html

[size=14pt]Tinubu Tackles FG, CBN On Excess Crude Oil Sales Account[/size]
Feb 22, 2001

The Lagos State Governor, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, yesterday joined issues with the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CB N) over the recent face-off between the different tiers of government on the excess crude oil sales reserve account of US$ 1. 8 billion which is about N198 billion.

Expressing concern at the impression being created that the economy is rudderless, Tinubu argued that the central issue transcends the release or non-release of the fund into the Federation Account.

In his words: “The fundamental issues and principles at stake go much deeper. They are more broadly about the rule of law and the supremacy of the constitution on one hand, and the need for cooperation and coordination in a true federal structure, as a basis for sustaining and strengthening our fledgling democracy on the other hand”.

Governor Tinubu [size=14pt]disagreed with the CBN's position that release of the excess crude reserves to the states and local governments, though legitimate, [/size]would lead to inflation; cause a rundown of the nation's foreign reserves; weaken the exchange rate further and run counter to agreements reached with the IMF.

The Governor contended that "in a period of excess capacity and low purchasing power, there should not be undue inflationary pressures from an injection of funds into the economy. Instead, such a development should be beneficial to economic activity and growth, despite the fact that there are supply rigidities and inefficiencies which would limit the potential benefits”.

On the purported likely impact on foreign reserves, Tinubu argued that "in an import-dependent economy such as ours, it is inevitable that an upturn in the level of economic activity would engender a fall in foreign reserves. This is not necessarily a bad thing. Rather, it would be immoral to appear to be building up high foreign reserves in the midst of grinding poverty”.

He stressed further that if the N198 billion released is matched by an equivalent US$1.8 billion, there should not be a fall in the value of the Naira as the supply of dollars would be in place to match any increased demand”.

Tinubu also said it would be unfair for the federal government to agree unilaterally to commit revenues due to other tiers of government, to an agreement with the IMF or anyone else.

Attributing inflationary pressures in the economy largely to the federal government's overspending and printing of money to finance such expenditure, Tinubu said "It is hardly fair for the FGN to overspend and then seek to correct the inflationary effect on the economy by starving other tiers of government of their rightful funds”.

Stressing that there is no basis for CBN or any authority to flout the constitution and deny states and local governments their own share of the Federation Account, Tinubu noted that "the excess crude reserve account is itself an illegality, carried over from the military era, as there is no provision in the law or the constitution for federally - collected revenues to be diverted to such an account”.

Advocating constructive dialogue on the management of the economy Governor Tinubu said "it is time for us to sit down and dialogue about how to move from where we are now, to where we need to get to, while respecting true federalism in fiscal and other matters”.

From: http://asiwajubolatinubu.com/archives/news/2001/02/22/20010222N01.html
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Orikinla(m): 9:31am On Jun 26, 2016
Keneking:
One triliona Naira in the hands of characters taking undu e advantage of poor corporate governance and PDP membership.

Jonathan sef cry

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 9:32am On Jun 26, 2016
kayfra:

Edo name. Why is it important?

Lol. You are a confirmed clown

If osigwe is an Edo name, then Nduka is an ijaw name.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by ExInferis(m): 9:32am On Jun 26, 2016
Businessideas:
That Osigwe Foods and Agro get as e be o shocked
I used to think Osigwe is an Igbo name, never knew it is Hausa /Muslim name undecided

How is Osigwe a hausa or muslim name?
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by neocortex: 9:35am On Jun 26, 2016
Tolexander:
This is where Name Checker Association of Nairaland is needed, not the usual tribe bashing threads.

All the dates of purchase coincide with the time Goodluck Jonathan became the president of Nigeria.

Well, Goodluck Jonathan's destiny was to bankrupt Nigeria!

What an ignorant comment!

AMCON was created in 2010 to pay back the loan owned by borrowers
to prevent banks from collapsing.

Hence, the dates you see is when the debt was transferred to AMCON
not when the loan was borrowed.

Now those individuals are no longer owing banks but AMCON.

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by rusher14: 9:37am On Jun 26, 2016
Enahi:

Auchi don't bear such names excerpt you are from igbanke in Edo state.

Speak to the limit or your knowledge.

Stop making emphatic statements.

I insist that Osigwe can be found in Auchi.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by GogetterMD(m): 9:39am On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:
This list comprise defaulters whose loans have gone bad because they refused to service their loans, either intentionally or not.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Stormofsword: 9:41am On Jun 26, 2016
My people, the only way is to find how to get on AMCON list.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 9:41am On Jun 26, 2016
rusher14:

Some Auchi peeps go by that surname.

Osigwe is an ibo name. Osigbeme is an auchi name.

You'll know an auchi last name when you see it.

Like Momoh, osigbeme,
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by beajaiyH: 9:42am On Jun 26, 2016
when the banks will not lend money to small scale businesses that really needs the loan.thunder go fire all of them together

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 9:43am On Jun 26, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
That name is an Edo name!

Osigwe is an ibo name, not Edo
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by rusher14: 9:43am On Jun 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

Osigwe is an ibo name. Osigbeme is an auchi name.

You'll know an auchi last name when you see it.

Like Momoh, osigbeme,

I just dey laugh.

You can argue till thy Kingdom come but I would insist on what I know for sure.

There are indigenous people of Auchi called Osigwe.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by kinem(m): 9:44am On Jun 26, 2016
More people will be on the second list. since the total number is 217
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by petekayo(m): 9:44am On Jun 26, 2016
When an economy is not favorable for business, you get these outcome...

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by knightsTempler: 9:44am On Jun 26, 2016
neocortex:

What an ignorant comment!

AMCON was created in 2010 to pay back the loan owned by borrowers
to prevent banks from collapsing.

Hence, the dates you see is when the debt was transferred to AMCON
not when the loan was borrowed.

Now those individuals are no longer owing banks but AMCON.

Don't mind those bigoted asś lickers, they just ignorantly jump on topics to rubbish GEJ without the slightest idea of the topic being discussed.

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 9:45am On Jun 26, 2016
rusher14:

Speak as far as you know.

I maintain some Auchi people, ihebhe to be exact, I bear that surname.

Momoh, osigbeme are auchi names

Osigwe is ibo.

Look up Mike Anyiam Osigwe on google

If you claim it is auchi, what does it mean?
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by 49cents(m): 9:46am On Jun 26, 2016
Pavore9:

U no well because of ftc you cc me! cheesy

how i for do nah
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 9:49am On Jun 26, 2016
amaechi1:

There you people go again. These are depositors monies. Which I am sure if you do bank, yours will be part of this money.

Please, stop attaching ethnic sentiment in everything. Poverty does not discriminate religion or tribe. When she come to anyone door post, it will take the Grace of God to push her away.

Amaechi, why didn't you quote the first person who said it was an Edo name erroneously. Your chastises should start from top to bottom, if you aren't throwing in ethnic sentiments

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Pavore9: 9:49am On Jun 26, 2016
49cents:

how i for do nah

No go Mass you hear!
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by rusher14: 9:50am On Jun 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

Momoh, osigbeme are auchi names

Osigwe is ibo.

Look up Mike Anyiam Osigwe on google

If you claim it is auchi, what does it mean?

http://www.ireporteronline.com/p26824_happening-now-pandemonium-in-auchi-as-security-personnel-kills-3-studentsphotos

Please see the link for the correspondent's name or do Igbos bear Omo Ikirodah as first names too?

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 9:52am On Jun 26, 2016
martineverest:
it could be auchi/edo north or igbanke(edo ibo)

Lol

Una go kill person nairaland.

Igbanke, Edo ibo ke. Don't let them hear

Small time na hausa ibo or ijaw ibo we go hear

Claimers tribe
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 26, 2016
olapluto:
These are the people Nigerians should fight tooth and nail to get to pay. We are here playing silly ethnopolitical games while thieves of all tribes triumph by taking BILLIONS of naira.
Mr Ifeanyi Ubah is owing over 100 Billion Naira. That is the IGR of Oyo state for 80 months, or 6.5 years.
But what is their collaterals before they were given loans?
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Cmeo(m): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2016
hmmm
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 26, 2016
If these debtors have collaterals,i don't think Nigeria need amcon to take over their companies.The banks should sell off the collaterals to rêcover their debts.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 10:02am On Jun 26, 2016
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by aieromon(m): 10:03am On Jun 26, 2016
dammytosh:

No.

They set up AMCON to bail their cronies.

YOU borrow money and u cnt pay back, instead of bank embarrassimg you because they have to make provision for it from their profit, they sell to AMCON who will use FEDERAL govt money to buy the loan and leave you alone.

You do have a point.

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by rusher14: 10:03am On Jun 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

http://www.anyiam-osigwe.com/pages/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=141&Itemid=659

You too read.

Do auchi peeps bear Nze or chibueze?

http://www.imostateblog.com/2014/12/02/an-eyewitness-account-of-how-michael-anyiam-osigwe-was-killed/

I never said Igbos don't bear the name but I've insisted that you can find such a name in Auchi.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by abumeinben(m): 10:04am On Jun 26, 2016
gwmlogistic:

Yes Dangote is owing. I hope that makes you happy
But Dangote services his debt and cannot be on that list, I know that makes you sad.
You cannot run a successful business empire without owing but you have to be smart and diligent enough to payback

Yeah...I got that...

Thanks wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

ISIS Envoys Attend Swearing-in Of Sani Shuwaram As New ISWAP Leader In Lake Chad / Naira Redesign: Dollar May Crash To N200 – Abdulrasheed Bawa / President Buhari Admires Photos On His Corridor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.