Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” (58472 Views)

Why Nigeria's Economy Is Failing: Case Of Amcon And Silverbird / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by princetom1(m): 10:04am On Jun 26, 2016
Realdeals:
No Tinubu on the list. Why?

Tinubu ke? Jagaban, Baba ATM himself, Hmnnn. GOD HELP US SHA
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by nell2: 10:06am On Jun 26, 2016
ALL THESE NAME CHECKERS ASSO SHLD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.BE IT EDO MAN ,IGBO MAN,HAUSA OR YORUBA, THIS IS AFFECTING ALL OF US. POVERTY KNOWS NO TRIBE.

2 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by captianfreeman(m): 10:06am On Jun 26, 2016
aieromon:

Make una free Bros J small. He and Sanusi set up AMCON to tackle this menace in the finance sector. Thats the reason why the date of purchase of these bad loans started from 2010.
Gbam! You too know book.just like me , you must have studied in France. grin

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by coolscott(m): 10:07am On Jun 26, 2016
phemmyutd:
All these thing happened from 2010 when Gej became Nigeria President.

No wonder he said he made so many Nigerians Billionaire.

How will economy not collapse with all these debts?
[size=13pt]What gives you the idea that it is Jonathan or some third party who somehow ordered them to give the loans in any of the banks?
From where did you get the idea that any bankers would wait for, and listen to,
outside voices who did not give them the money to decide who to give their money to?

Are you not aware that after re-capitalization to $25bn (=N=5 trillion) banks were looking for big projects to finance (in order to make their new capital not lie idle)?
[/size]
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 26, 2016
This is the outcome of buhari and Jonathan meeting few weeks ago. Jonathan initiated this happening to buhari. Kudos to Jonathan.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 10:08am On Jun 26, 2016
rusher14:

I never said Igbos don't bear the name but I've insisted that you can find such a name in Auchi.

Now you're retracing your steps.

FYI, a last name is what points to the origin of a person, not the first name.

Another One for you to read. From ejemekuru, Imo state

http://www..com/talk/topic,159671.0.html

Well link has been removed by the mods. I don't want to get banned for putting links
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by princetom1(m): 10:09am On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:
So Dangote does not owe a dime?? NAh come on... Even if its not the alleged 209billion or so.., he's gotta be owing some money

Uncle Abeg, make una dey understand English. Dem say, chronic debtor, make i use term u understand, AIDS DEBT, those who has refused to service their loan. DANGOTE, TIMUBU or U might be owing, but as long as u do ur duty that is servicing ur loan, paying interest. Ur name wount show here. All names here are ONIGBESE that has refused to pay their money
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by coolscott(m): 10:10am On Jun 26, 2016
obailala:
Some people are just desperate to see Dangote's name mentioned in the list of bad debtors. Sorry, dangote does not default in debt payment so his name cannot be on the list of bad debtors even in banks, let alone amcon (severe) list.
Naturally kantankerousity
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by onatisi(m): 10:10am On Jun 26, 2016
The frightening aspect is that this list is only about chronic debtors with debts of 300million and above ,what about the 10-50million naira ones? I guess that list will contain 10,000 names

2 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by InvertedHammer: 10:10am On Jun 26, 2016
onatisi:

You are correct. I keep wondering how they were even cleared for such loans . So it means majority of those parading themselves as successful businessmen are really living large on borrowed money
/
That's smart.

Borrow billions, don't service the loans and live like a king.

When you die, let the living worry about that sh1t....because then, it will no longer be your problem. After all, no one carries his luxury to yonder.

To be a billionaire, you have to think like one.
\

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by princetom1(m): 10:12am On Jun 26, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]What gives you the idea that it is Jonathan or some third party who somehow ordered them to give the loans in any of the banks?
outside voices who did not give them the money to decide who to give their money to?

Are you not aware that after re-capitalization to $25bn (=N=5 trillion) banks were looking for big projects to finance (in order to make their new capital not lie idle)?
[/size]

Oga, The guy on top was trying to say, all these were happening during GEJ era and they always go Scot free. Look beyond the surfaces sometimes. Imagine if these money are readily available to be pump into businesses right now. Can u envision how many thousands of job that will be created?
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 10:13am On Jun 26, 2016
nell2:
ALL THESE NAME CHECKERS ASSO SHLD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.BE IT EDO MAN ,IGBO MAN,HAUSA OR YORUBA, THIS IS AFFECTING ALL OF US. POVERTY KNOWS NO TRIBE.

You're simply being a hypocrite. By the time anybody claims ifeanyi ubah is a yoruba name, you would jump out to correct it, and forget the discussion was about the economy. Mtchew
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by coolscott(m): 10:14am On Jun 26, 2016
ednut1:
HRH Sanusi
Really?
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by princetom1(m): 10:15am On Jun 26, 2016
coolscott:

[/size]

Oga, The guy on top was trying to say, all these were happening during GEJ era and they always go Scot free. Look beyond the surfaces sometimes. Imagine if these money are readily available to be pump into businesses right now. Can u envision how many thousands of job that will be created? No big deal in owing, either through connection (Oga at d top) or merit, pay ur debt or service it, so that the masses u are claiming to help can also has an opportunity too in borrowing if need be
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by rusher14: 10:15am On Jun 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

Now you're retracing your steps.

FYI, a last name is what points to the origin of a person, not the first name.

Not retracing nada.

Read my contributions slowly.

I've simply insisted the name can be found in Auchi.

Even now that you've seen some evidence you refuse to accept this.

Na only Igbo MUST bear the name?
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by onatisi(m): 10:17am On Jun 26, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
That's smart.

Borrow billions, don't service the loans and live like a king.

When you die, let the living worry about that sh1t....because then, it will no longer be your problem. After all, no one carries his luxury to yonder.

To be a billionaire, you have to think like one.
\
No wonder many of these so called successful business men have numerous registered company names to secure loans from banks .i believe the cbn can curb this issue of bank loans if they want to
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Meritocracy: 10:20am On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:
So Dangote does not owe a dime?? NAh come on... Even if its not the alleged 209billion or so.., he's gotta be owing some money
Dangote engages in real profitable business not using it unreasonably. At least we use cement, eat indomie, use sugar and salt everyday.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by coolscott(m): 10:20am On Jun 26, 2016
princetom1:

Oga, The guy on top was trying to say, all these were happening during GEJ era and they always go Scot free. Look beyond the surfaces sometimes. Imagine if these money are readily available to be pump into businesses right now. Can u envision how many thousands of job that will be created?
[size=13pt]Both of you got it wrong because the loans were taken before GEJ got in power and Date of Purchase refers to the date when AMCON bought up the bad debts from the banks (saving them) and began the task of restructuring and debt recovery.

So can you see how seriously out-of-place and uninformed those comments are?
[/size]
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by ysquare(m): 10:22am On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=aieromon post=46934700]

Make una free Bros J small. He and Sanusi set up AMCON to tackle this menace in the finance sector. Thats the reason why the date of purchase of these bad loans started from 2010.
Some of the loan were taken as far back as 1995
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 10:24am On Jun 26, 2016
rusher14:

Not retracing nada.

Read my contributions slowly.

I've simply insisted the name can be found in Auchi.

Even now that you've seen some evidence you refuse to accept this.

Na only Igbo MUST bear the name?

Oga, you know the truth. You're ibo, that's why you refuse to accept that. If na for who get money pass, you go claim say the name na ibo.

Ojo is a name found in yoruba and Edo. Using your logic, ojo madueke is from where?.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by TheAdvocate(m): 10:26am On Jun 26, 2016
Tolexander:
This is where Name Checker Association of Nairaland is needed, not the usual tribe bashing threads.

All the dates of purchase coincide with the time Goodluck Jonathan became the president of Nigeria.

Well, Goodluck Jonathan's destiny was to bankrupt Nigeria!

Loans taken by private companies and individuals from banks are because of GEJ. Eyaaah I see yu predicament.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by ArchiPelago1: 10:27am On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:

Dangote's debt is not "Chronic"
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by yayankainuwa: 10:28am On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:
Owing is not the issue, but servicing the loan is what matters. If Dangote owes and service his loan, hisnname will not be among. In other words these are names of defaulters.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Inova(m): 10:28am On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:
What the post list are chronic debtors ie those that have not been servicing thier loans. If you collect a loan and you are repaying it back as expected then your name will not be on the list. That is why you are not seening Dangote and Tinubu there. They are responsible business men who understand the importance of servicing thier lians
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by rusher14: 10:29am On Jun 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

Oga, you know the truth. You're ibo, that's why you refuse to accept that. If na for who get money pass, you go claim say the name na ibo.

Ojo is a name found in yoruba and Edo. Using your logic, ojo madueke is from where?.

I'm simply a well travelled Nigerian who understands names are not always exclusive to tribes.

Being Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or Ijaw is not a shame and one should be proud of his/her heritage.

Nevertheless, I'm consider myself a Nigerian first before identifying with my Ijaw/ Itshekiri roots.

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 26, 2016
God is the ultimate provider Chai
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by ednut1(m): 10:30am On Jun 26, 2016
coolscott:

Really?
before he bcam cbn gov what was his job. Google is ur friend. Corrupt pple go dey accuse corrupt pple of corruption. I just tire for dis country
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by folusoajih(f): 10:30am On Jun 26, 2016
Let's not conclude that all the borrowers were irresponsible. For example the company listed as number 74 was a viable farm in Ijebu-Ode back then with hundreds of employees. The owner died and managing it became a big issue. Family issues, polygamy et al. I'm certain that if he hadn't died, the name won't be on this list. Lesson :organise and manage your affairs well when alive.

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 10:33am On Jun 26, 2016
rusher14:

I just dey laugh.

You can argue till thy Kingdom come but I would insist on what I know for sure.

There are indigenous people of Auchi called Osigwe.

God, some people with bare faced lies. Why is the truth so far from some people?
I live in Edo state, and you're throwing bare faced lies at me. Many Nairalanders like you will just sit down somewhere else and throw lies about a place. There is no place called Osigwe in Auchi. Fear God or whatever you worship, today is sunday
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by alt3r3g0: 10:33am On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:

Noone borrows money from Amcon. When you borrow from a bank and default on your payment, Amcon buys your debt from the bank so the bank does not go under. Then settle new terms with you.

The fact that Dangote or anybody's name is not on the list shows that they are servicing their debts with the banks.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by rusher14: 10:35am On Jun 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

God, some people with bare faced lies. Why is the truth so far from some people?
I live in Edo state, and you're throwing bare faced lies at me. Many Nairalanders like you will just sit down somewhere else and throw lies about a place. There is no place called Osigwe in Auchi. Fear God or whatever you worship, today is sunday

Please read my statements but slowly this time.

I even went further to state that there is the Osigwe name from Ihebhe in Auchi.

Quite specific.

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by 989900: 10:36am On Jun 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
Ifeanyi Ubah.... capital oil

. . . and he is busy playing big man, dashing 100 million Naira.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#osundecides2022: Eight Factors That Helped Adeleke Defeat Oyetola / Coalition For Nigeria: Obasanjo Mobilizes 7 Governors, 20 Senators To Remove PMB / Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.