Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,178 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” (58445 Views)

Why Nigeria's Economy Is Failing: Case Of Amcon And Silverbird / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Adeevah(m): 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
Lescalier:

I guess you want to know what full stop can be used for

You can end a sentence with it...also end you paragraph with it

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by gogodaye(m): 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
Tolexander:
This is where Name Checker Association of Nairaland is needed, not the usual tribe bashing threads.

All the dates of purchase coincide with the time Goodluck Jonathan became the president of Nigeria.

Well, Goodluck Jonathan's destiny was to bankrupt Nigeria!

When them say make una go school una no go agree.....
Under whose government was AMCON set up?
That is the reason behind the dates of purchase and not the trash you just spewed.....
Curiously though you boisterously garnered so wide margin of likes from your fellow ignorant ilk....
With your show of knowledge being this abysmal......Come 2019...we shall be routing for an IBB Presidency rather than have folks like you run any part of the government.....
Mother Nigeria behold your confused children....

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by herrlekan(m): 12:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
Most of these so called super rich are living on our Commonwealth. They took loan from bank with the intention of not paying back. I had a personal experience with one of those on the list, number 5 to be precise. His name is Samuel Olufunmilayo Adenmosun, he embezzled N10.6b private placement proceed our insurance company. He is the vice chairman of the insurance company and defacto MD, though there is a figurehead MD that we refer to as "petty cash MD". Adenmosun is the only signatory A on all the bank accounts of the insurance company thereby rendering the MD useless. No single kobo can be withdrawn without his signature. As I'm typing this the insurance company is in comatose because Adenmosun (home trust savings and loans) borrowed money from Access bank and issued insurance bond from the insurance company to Access bank. This is possible because the seal of the insurance company is with Adenmosun, he does whatever he likes with it. The insurance company is under lock and key due to the connivance of Funmi Adenmosun and Aig-Imoukhuede (former MD, Access bank) I just pray that this time EFFC under Magu will do proper investigation and get justice for the voiceless.

2 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by dustmalik: 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
shawl:
Ok, I am beginning to get the pinshur now. These guys are big time debtors right? Then the IB came along. So they got him to set up the AMCON thingy in order to evade loan servicing, right? And the IB forming creating the highest number of billionaires in Africa, right (remember the kenya private jets show)? And now that we have the no-nonsense sheriff in town, AMCON is made to sit up and truely recover the funds from the assets of the original debtors, right!
You seem to understand the situation better than most.

2 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by logica(m): 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]
3) You now say AMCON did not actively go after those debtors...

I know you don't know much about this and that just like most other Nigerians, If you want to go after GEJ you've got to use something else. This one just doesn't cut it.

In fact, the very thing he did, which was done publicly, was create AMCON and begin recovering the debts (to protect the banks from hurting and causing a negative effect on our economy)
[/size]
Of course! In fact what is AMCON sef? Can you explain it to me?

Look guy, there is no need for the aloofness. Any f00l who follows enough news knows about AMCON. All you need to do is tell us how much AMCON recovered in the days of GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by BarryX(m): 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
Tolexander:
This is where Name Checker Association of Nairaland is needed, not the usual tribe bashing threads.

All the dates of purchase coincide with the time Goodluck Jonathan became the president of Nigeria.

Who set up AMCON?
Are you that daft?
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by BarryX(m): 1:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

Goodluck with your delusions. Throw it at someone else. I've figured you out already. I've engaged just too many knucleheads in the past who sit behind their phone and just know everything in the world. Therefore I'm not interested in exchanging insults with you. I'll appreciate you don't quote me anymore, and keep what you think you know to yourself. Enjoy your day.

So you think it is not possible to sit behind phones and know everything about the world?

Hmmm knowledge is profitable to direct
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by nell2: 1:26pm On Jun 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

You're simply being a hypocrite. By the time anybody claims ifeanyi ubah is a yoruba name, you would jump out to correct it, and forget the discussion was about the economy. Mtchew
ONE THING ABT NAIRALAND KIDS IS DAT EITHER U ARE IGBO OR YORUBA. SO NO OTHER TRIBE CAN VOICE OUT THEIR OPINION.WELL LEAVING U GUYS TO WALLOW IN YOUR IGNORANCE
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by jasinto: 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
MisterMetro:

Surprisingly, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce, whose assets were seized a few days ago over N11 billion debt, is not on the list.

Common sense senator name is missing because as at the time compiling the chronic debtor's list, His debt is not yet chronic and moreover he's been servicing his debt.

More details here
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/205930-re-opened-silverbird-rhythm-fm-amcon.html
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by daejavuu: 1:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
he owe but not a chronic debtor.quote author=MeanChris post=46932282]So Dangote does not owe a dime?? NAh come on... Even if its nohe alleged 209billion or so.., he's gotta be owing some money[/quote]
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by iamdapsyj(m): 1:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
MeanChris:
So Dangote does not owe a dime?? NAh come on... Even if its not the alleged 209billion or so.., he's gotta be owing some money

I think you should comprehend this report even from the title. Dangote will be owing some banks but is he a chronic debtor? I am sure he must have been servicing his loans and that is why presumably his name didn't appear.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by comprende: 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
Would you believe that the same Sanusi was ED credit and Risk Management when First Bank gave that uncollaterised loan to Seawolf? Yet he went after his perceived enemies as if he was a saint when he became CBN governor.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by nell2: 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
989900:

. . . and he is busy playing big man, dashing 100 million Naira.
NO MIND THE MOFO.

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by teemy(m): 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
49cents:
Is it that Nigerian businessmen can't run companies without such humongous debts?
Modified
First time I would say first to comment
Pavore9 take note

Beats me, seems it was their attitude to the system that made the loans last this long without being paid off since. AMCON going after big names like Ben Bruce and Jimoh Ibrahim first has sent the message that they mean business. Others should start paying up else same fate awaits them.

A pity giants are falling and big losses in the economy, related businesses and jobs would follow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by ADEMOSU(m): 2:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
quinnboy:
Check very well you will find out that most names on that list are names of our so called politicians......people that cannot manage a company of few human and financial resources and they want to help manage Nigeria as a country, make laws n implement them......kai! I just wish this country of ours A change of direction to the path of greatness.
These are the reasons people venture into politics . to earn free money when they cant run a business successfully . now when they gain power they use it to shield themselves . bbbbbbaaaasdddddd people

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by MrGerald(m): 2:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
Tolexander:

my friend that was when AMCON started operation and bought over the dept from various financial instutition
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Ezekiel68(m): 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=Tolexander post=46930980]amen
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by MrGerald(m): 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
kayfra:

Edo name. Why is it important?
Osigwe is Igbo name bro, business name can be anything, maybe they have interest or bought the coy.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by MrGerald(m): 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
opendo89:
Isn't it an anomaly that 95% of these loans were taken between 31st Dec 2010 (last day of the financial year) and 31st March 2011. Was this a conspiracy?
that dates was when Amcon bought over the dept, not actually when the loans was granted from various financial institutions
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by kenoz(m): 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
shocked hehe

See money
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by ideology(m): 2:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
phemmyutd:
All these thing happened from 2010 when Gej became Nigeria President.

No wonder he said he made so many Nigerians Billionaire.

How will economy not collapse with all these debts?
no wonder Gej is the manager of commercial bank

When was AMCOM founded?

Nigerian youths smh !
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by martineverest(m): 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
Etinosajay:

Lol
Una go kill person nairaland.
Igbanke, Edo ibo ke. Don't let them hear

Small time na hausa ibo or ijaw ibo we go hear
Claimers tribe
mr etinosa,its so obvious u dont know much about ur state
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2016
Adeevah:

I guess you want to know what full stop can be used for

You can end a sentence with it...also end you paragraph with it

Notice me!!!

1 Like

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Alezy(m): 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
Frankiss44:

Bros why you dey waste your time dey lecture online miscreants?
lmao
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Lionelnkem: 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
Tolexander:

Reading this post of yours, I can now understand the implication of the cyber world being a paradise where otherwise low quotient people seat behind virtual screens and type gibberish.

In your investigative mind, all these loans were taken and granted by the Jonathan Administration within a space of 2 years?

Even if it were to be so, the corporate governance mandate of banks require loan application over certain amounts to be handled at Board level under the supervision of CBN, so superhuman Jonathan influenced all these banks to issue out these non-performing loans to these individuals? Even minnows not known or associated with him?

Of course Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was the CBN head then, why has he not been incarcerated as the money Ceaser of that time that oversaw these gerrymandering?

Let me educate you as an informed person that works in the sector, all the toxic debts were acquired long ago by these banks, I can comfortably point out 12 debt profiles on the 1st page that we're all granted when Jonathan was still practicing politics at his ward level.

The uniformity in the stated dates were subsequent to the formation of AMCON and buy over of the debts in order to have a proper legal and government backing to chase the culprits. I bet in your mind it is the grand father of Daura that also set up AMCON.

This is a classical example of Internet-induced blames being heaped on an innocent man, yet he continues to walk the roads a freeman and defies your ilks.

The grey mass inside the head is meant for inductive reasoning, it's not for decoration. Get it !
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Goddex: 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
aieromon:

Make una free Bros J small. He and Sanusi set up AMCON to tackle this menace in the finance sector. Thats the reason why the date of purchase of these bad loans started from 2010.
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by tunergy(m): 7:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
abumeinben:
So Dangote is not owning

This are the Names or chronic bad debtors and not All Debtors.

sorry
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Speak2klein: 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
49cents:
Is it that Nigerian businessmen can't run companies without such humongous debts?

Modified
First time I would say first to comment

Pavore9 take note/]

Businesses collect loans, big businesses infact and when the economy is not viable enough to make substantial profit, you won't be able to pay debts.

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
Pavarottii:

U know nothing about economy so just STFU. Wen US economy crashed, and obama came on board; he gave private companies loans at 0%. Just to boost the economy, u r talking about crashing d economy, how will d economy boom, if there r no businesses to increase the GDP, employment and resourcefulness of d citizens. And how many people av the big capital to start businesses on their own without loans.
I can't start schooling u now, u people don't know why our economy was the biggest in Africa and d 3rd fastest growing in d world. And u people don't know wat u av missed out in GEJ.
Thank you.

I on the other hand can school you.Nigeria's economy is certainly not among the fastest growing in the world - certainly not. Any growth experienced by our economy was due to what is known as a 'commodity boom' - in other words, oil
(our primary export) was highly priced globally, hence we had a lot of cash coming in? You dig?

Secondly, the only reason why our economy became the biggest in Africa is due to what is known as 'rebasing'.Economies are dynamic in the sense that they grow, shrink, add new sectors, products,technologies e.t.c. To account for these changes, policy makers generally go through a periodic exercise called “rebasing” or re-benchmarking of the national account series GDP (gross domestic product). This process helps the data reflect a more current snapshot of the economy, and it is recommended that every nation undertakes it every 5 years to ensure that national accounts statistics present the most accurate reflection of the economy.

I thought your claim that Obama gave 0% interest loans to american businesses was a little strange, so I looked everywhere online, and could find nothing of that such.The only thing close was the $30-billion Small Business Lending Fund, which I understand didn't work out so well.

Before you give undeserved praises to Jonathan (mind you, I'm neither Pro-APC or Pro-PDP), consider the fact that Nigeria's financial infrastructure is largely unstructured. Think about this: only 3% of Nigeria’s landowners have proper titles, yet 70% of all loans are secured with property owned by this 3%. Pray tell, how do the remaining 97% present collateral to banks? I can tell you for a fact that a majority of Nigerian banks lack anything close to corporate governance, so at the end of the day, a lot of your bank's big boys would continue to look the other way while signing off dodgy facilities for their friends ( they do of course take a little something off the top). Need I also mention multiple taxation? From company tax of 30%, to ITF of 1% (biggest existing fraud in Nigeria), to LASAA, countless strange taxes from local governments e.t.c. Should I also mention the byzantine laws and regulations at every corner?

Baba, please calm your tits cos no government (asides Obasanjo's) has done shit for the Nigerian economy. The economy is growing sheerly by the will-power of its citizenry (and massive population) - and nothing else.

3 Likes

Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
martineverest:
mr etinosa,its so obvious u dont know much about ur state

Listen to yourself

And you know it better than me.

Clap for yourself
Re: List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” by Etinosajay(m): 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
nell2:
ONE THING ABT NAIRALAND KIDS IS DAT EITHER U ARE IGBO OR YORUBA. SO NO OTHER TRIBE CAN VOICE OUT THEIR OPINION.WELL LEAVING U GUYS TO WALLOW IN YOUR IGNORANCE

ITK

Waka pass

Nairaland is full of hypocrites like you.

White in the morning, black in the evening

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rotimi Akeredolu Weeps As He Visits Scene Of Owo Bandit Attack (Photos) / N49m Intercepted By EFCC At Kaduna Airport (Photos) / Lucky Igbinedion Visits Osasu’s TOS TV (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.