Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,248 members, 7,864,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:23 PM

Relationship Traps Couples Should Avoid At All Costs - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Traps Couples Should Avoid At All Costs (555 Views)

Single Lady Traps Neighbour’s Husband With N200,000 For Sex / Reasons Couples Should Shower Together Every Morning / 4 Bad Sex Habits Couples Should Stop Doing Now.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Traps Couples Should Avoid At All Costs by princevee(m): 1:39am On Jun 26, 2016
Happy, successful couples understand that BOTH states of being are a normal and necessary part of nurturing a long-term relationship. To help reduce the amount of struggle, they know that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

As such, they mindfully keep their relationship on track by avoiding the following six traps that lead to relationship disaster:

1. They don’t break trust.

The ability to trust each other is the single most prominent predictor of relationship success. Trust is measured in ways such as: “Can I trust [my partner] to be here for me, listen to me, choose me first over others, take care of the family, help with the children, be faithful and respectful to me? Untrusting relationships actually negatively affect physical health.
Successful couples know how essential trust is to the health and happiness of their relationship, and so they do not break trust with each other.

2. They don’t let their anger get out of control.

While anger is a natural human emotion that warrants healthy expression, successful couples figure out how to avoid explosive, hurtful blowups. They also don’t hold grudges. In relationships where one or both parties is highly critical, maintain contempt for their partner, and act overly defensive and/or continually stonewall the other; there is high likelihood of the marriage failing if there is no change.
Successful couples develop skills to channel their anger toward solving the problem rather than aiming it at each other through attacks or withdrawing.

3. They don’t avoid difficult decisions or conversations.

CLICK LINK TO CONTINUE READING http://www.veenaija.com/relationship-traps-couples-avoid-costs/#.V28cEDUfhQI

(1) (Reply)

Can You Do 'mercy Killing'? / What Men Wants / Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.