Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,296 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

How God Saved My Life On Saturday - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How God Saved My Life On Saturday (17128 Views)

Dubai's £100m 'Martian City' In The Desert To Simulate Life On The Red Planet / God Saved Me From Accident And Arm Robbery Attack. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Jerrypolo(m): 12:18am On Jun 27, 2016
I wanted to travel from Abuja to Delta on Saturday, so I decided to board a commercial vehicle (name withheld). Soon, the bus got filled up and we started the journey. I was so enjoying the journey because the driver was on a very high speed and there was a lot of breeze coming into the vehicle. Fast forward to Lokoja just before river Niger and river Benue, we saw from a far distance that there was hold up(because of environmental sanitation) and our driver tried to stop the vehicle but the brake refused to respond(our vehicle was on a very high speed), there was a petrol tanker just in front of us(I was already saying my last prayer, since the vehicle, refused to stop), everyone in the vehicle started screaming the name of Jesus (beside the four hausa guys at the back of the vehicle) and all of a sudden the vehicle diverted from our Lane into the other Lane and stopped miraculously without brake. Now, if the vehicle had not diverted we would have crashed into the tanker and only God knows, maybe I would have been dead, leaving my family in grief and sorrow, but God saved me.
I shared this in crime section because, the careless driver knew the brake was not in good working condition but he decided to use the vehicle because his manager told him that if he doesn't use it, he should just consider himself fired... Is this not the worst crime on Earth??... Well I thank God I didn't die nor did anyone in the vehicle die..

208 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by shigo20(m): 12:23am On Jun 27, 2016
I really tank GOD on ur behalf

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Flexherbal(m): 12:28am On Jun 27, 2016
Thank God for your lives!

7 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Oliviaxx(f): 12:29am On Jun 27, 2016
Daalu chukwu

14 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Jerrypolo(m): 12:33am On Jun 27, 2016
shigo20:
I really tank GOD on ur behalf
Thank you oo.. In fact I am still surprised till now

1 Like

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Jerrypolo(m): 12:34am On Jun 27, 2016
Flexherbal:
Thank God for your lives!
Thank you oo... God is indeed faithful

7 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Jerrypolo(m): 12:37am On Jun 27, 2016
Oliviaxx:
Daalu chukwu
God is great oo

7 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by RealAdewole(m): 12:46am On Jun 27, 2016
Miracle at work

Manslaughter, mass murder... U can name it

thank God for your life bro, this month is already saturated with enough blood n death

but who is at fault
The manager
the driver or
FRSC

3 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by micfoley: 12:55am On Jun 27, 2016
Thank God for your life o

3 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Jerrypolo(m): 1:02am On Jun 27, 2016
RealAdewole:
Miracle at work

Manslaughter, mass murder... U can name it

thank God for your life bro, this month is already saturated with enough blood n death

but who is at fault
The manager
the driver or
FRSC
Thanks bro... I will not blame the driver even though he was foolish, but that's his source of livelihood, what will he tell his wife and kids at home.. Maybe he thought he was experienced to handle it, which is obvious he wasn't. The manager is to receive the blame full time, he acted the way he did because he was not going with the bus and was trying to put the poor driver under a tight condition because he knew driver will not want to forget his job just like that.
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Jerrypolo(m): 1:05am On Jun 27, 2016
micfoley:
Thank God for your life o
Yes oo... Thank you
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by fmc1(m): 1:10am On Jun 27, 2016
Glory be to GOD.congrats bro!

3 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by RealAdewole(m): 1:15am On Jun 27, 2016
Jerrypolo:
Thanks bro... I will not blame the driver even though he was foolish, but that's his source of livelihood, what will he tell his wife and kids at home.. Maybe he thought he was experienced to handle it, which is obvious he wasn't. The manager is to receive the blame full time, he acted the way he did because he was not going with the bus and was trying to put the poor driver under a tight condition because he knew driver will not want to forget his job just like that.
you are right, the manager care-less

hope no one suffer trauma or cardiac arrest as a result, 'cause people tend to die of shock when they see something frightening

1 Like

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Jerrypolo(m): 1:20am On Jun 27, 2016
fmc1:
Glory be to GOD.congrats bro!
Thanks bro
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Jerrypolo(m): 1:23am On Jun 27, 2016
RealAdewole:
you are right, the manager care-less

hope no one suffer trauma or cardiac arrest as a result, 'cause people tend to die of shock when they see something frightening
By God's grace, there were no casualties.. We all arrived at our destination safely 8hours later

3 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by examhall3: 1:47am On Jun 27, 2016
we thank God for you! lalasticlala ngwa
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Merlissa(f): 2:38am On Jun 27, 2016
Thank God for saving everyone..

Please tell us the name for future purpose..

The manager sef... Why would he say such? He needs to be fired!

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by veekid(m): 9:52am On Jun 27, 2016
Alhamdulillah on your behalf
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Docspero: 9:53am On Jun 27, 2016
Op you owe me a bottle of wine, thank God for your life
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by BUSHHUNTER: 9:53am On Jun 27, 2016
Dude make sure you kill a fowl!

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Arian11(m): 9:54am On Jun 27, 2016
Honestly speaking thank GOD for your life OP....testimony inverse and the useless manager should be jailed because as far as I'm concerned it's involuntary man- slaughter ...sending people to their early graves
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by kirchofff(m): 9:55am On Jun 27, 2016
Thank God for ur life........
En joy urday wit dis joke
TEACHER: I returned from work, opened my door and
saw 50 million dollars on my bed. Assuming you
were in my shoes, what will you do?"
Lala: I will bite your toes until you faint. I will
then come out from your shoes and take all the
money!
TEACHER: Fool! You can't literally be inside my shoes.
It's a figure of speech.
Lala: You can't literally open your door and see
50 million dollars on your bed. That's a figure of
impossible speech!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by hardbody: 9:56am On Jun 27, 2016
Jerrypolo:
I wanted to travel from Abuja to Delta on Saturday, so I decided to board a commercial vehicle (name withheld). Soon, the bus got filled up and we started the journey. I was so enjoying the journey because the driver was on a very high speed and there was a lot of breeze coming into the vehicle. Fast forward to Lokoja just before river Niger and river Benue, we saw from a far distance that there was hold up(because of environmental sanitation) and our driver tried to stop the vehicle but the brake refused to respond(our vehicle was on a very high speed), there was a petrol tanker just in front of us(I was already saying my last prayer, since the vehicle, refused to stop), everyone in the vehicle started screaming the name of Jesus (beside the four hausa guys at the back of the vehicle) and all of a sudden the vehicle diverted from our Lane into the other Lane and stopped miraculously without brake. Now, if the vehicle had not diverted we would have crashed into the tanker and only God knows, maybe I would have been dead, leaving my family in grief and sorrow, but God saved me.
I shared this in crime section because, the careless driver knew the brake was not in good working condition but he decided to use the vehicle because his manager told him that if he doesn't use it, he should just consider himself fired... Is this not the worst crime on Earth??... Well I thank God I didn't die nor did anyone in the vehicle die..

Seriously the brakes were bad from the onset and you guys drove all the way from Abuja to Lokoja? This is not correct my brother. It is possible the brakes were not in a perfect state not such that it could not drive at all. I am not saying it did not happen but that claim of yours that the brakes were bad all through is not entirely correct, it only got worse as the journey progressed.

4 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by nbright: 9:56am On Jun 27, 2016
@ jerrypolo, what's the name of the transport company?
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by delishpot: 9:57am On Jun 27, 2016
Driver was on high speed and you we're enjoying it now you know that when people say speed kills, they we're not telling you lies.
That driver needs to be beaten to a pulp. He knew the brakes we're bad yet he was speeding like there was no tomorrow?
Speed kills people. Drive with sense and care ESP on Naija roads.
I just feel sorry for people who get involved in accidents because of the carelessness of drivers and their padsangers who do not mind the carelessness of their drivers. Imagine if there was a car going jejely on that lane the bus diverted to. Wouldn't that have been stupid implication for the innocent people in the second car?

12 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Bellfun(m): 9:57am On Jun 27, 2016
You were enjoying the "high speed" abi?

Next time caution your driver against such speed....it kills!

I thank God for your life....#SecondChance

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by freecocoa(f): 9:57am On Jun 27, 2016
I guess all those other people that have died in road accidents deserved it then, since you are so special that god couldn't help but save you, must everything be linked to this una God sef? Na wa o.

Your driver was on high speed and you were enjoying it, instead of cautioning him, you see your life?

Good thing you are alive, next time, tell the driver to drive carefully, that works better than screaming some jewish name.

8 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Greg20166: 9:58am On Jun 27, 2016
Jerrypolo:
God is great oo

why don't you mention the name of the transport company to make people avoid companies that take the blood of people to grow their business

or else you just shared a testimony thatthat is not whole

1 Like

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 27, 2016
Jerrypolo:
thank God for your life op you will live long to see your children children, so with every other nairalander !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by point4u(m): 9:58am On Jun 27, 2016
This is just tell us that an average Nigerian does not care for humane lives...whether they die or killed they are just after money/deliver. I really want to thank God for saving you. My brother if God should open your eyes to see what would have happened to your vehicle/people inside...you will forever be grateful to God. Praise God somebody!
Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 27, 2016
There is Power in the name of JESUS.

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved My Life On Saturday by Ashez: 9:58am On Jun 27, 2016
Thank God for una ooo, na for dis kain hardship wey fill dis country satan wan kill u like fowl?? E no go ever work for d bastard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission / Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) / Two Female Immigration Officers Collapse On Parade Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.