Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,704 members, 7,865,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

Why Nigeria May Never Know Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria May Never Know Peace (920 Views)

Charles Chukwunonso Odo: I Cursed PDP, It Will Never Know Peace / READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor / Unless We Restructure, Nigeria’ll Not Know Peace –okurounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria May Never Know Peace by id911(m): 2:23am On Jun 27, 2016
For there to be peace and rapid growth and development in any country, every section and citizen must be treated equally. Unfortunately, the situation in Nigeria is different. For instance, in the so-called Geo-Polical Zones, one zone has seven states somewhere while elsewhere another zone has only five states. A state has 44 LGAs somewhere while another one has only 8!And Fed allocation is distributed based on this.

Drinking of alcohol and smoking is prohibited in some states but alcohol and tobacco taxes are collected in Lagos, Enugu, Aba, Uyo, Warri, Ibadan, and the Fed Govt will distribute the proceeds from these taxes to all the States and no states will reject the money.

The first Standard Gauge Rail Tract in Nigeria that runs from Abuja to Kaduna is almost completed-pls correct me if i’m wrong-Why Abuja to Kaduna?Why is the first one not Lagos to Abuja or Lagos to Ibadan or Lagos to Port Harcourt or Warri to Aba or Onitsha to Uyo?But the resources used in developing it come from a particular section of the country.

I finished Higher Institution four years ago, more than 60% of my friends, even those I met during service, from the North were employed and some are still being employed in government Agencies, Ministries and Parastatals while less than 20% of those of us from the South have such opportunity. They said there are no jobs, we should create jobs for ourselves, fine. Why then are some people from a section of the country find it very easy to get these jobs while some of us from the other section are left to wander aimlessly in the ’wilderness’?Again the resources that run these Ministries, Agencies and Parastatals come from a particular section of the country.

Concerning the Niger Delta Region. Some people would say they gave them NDDC, they gave them 13% derivation, etc, what do they want?and all those balderdash. The question is:will that stop air pollution or the destruction of the ecostystem or one man in Adamawa or Sokoto from owning Oil blocks in their domain?You may called them millitants, criminals, etc, but the truth is, they are fighting for greater participation in the management of the resources found in their backyard. If the Fed Govt succeeds in subdueing Avengers today other deadly millitants will surely emerge in the future. Without restructuring the country and without Nigeria adopting Fiscal Federalism, the issue of militancy and other agitation will never stop.

There are so many abnormally in the system, space will not permit me to mention them. I used to pray for Nigeria but unfortunately I will never do that again. There can never be peace in this country unless there is equity, fairness and justice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Know Peace by Jogba(m): 2:42am On Jun 27, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Know Peace by dnawah(m): 3:48am On Jun 27, 2016
id911:
For there to be peace and rapid growth and development in any country, every section and citizen must be treated equally. Unfortunately, the situation in Nigeria is different. For instance, in the so-called Geo-Polical Zones, one zone has seven states somewhere while elsewhere another zone has only five states. A state has 44 LGAs somewhere while another one has only 8!And Fed allocation is distributed based on this.

Drinking of alcohol and smoking is prohibited in some states but alcohol and tobacco taxes are collected in Lagos, Enugu, Aba, Uyo, Warri, Ibadan, and the Fed Govt will distribute the proceeds from these taxes to all the States and no states will reject the money.

The first Standard Gauge Rail Tract in Nigeria that runs from Abuja to Kaduna is almost completed-pls correct me if i’m wrong-Why Abuja to Kaduna?Why is the first one not Lagos to Abuja or Lagos to Ibadan or Lagos to Port Harcourt or Warri to Aba or Onitsha to Uyo?But the resources used in developing it come from a particular section of the country.

I finished Higher Institution four years ago, more than 60% of my friends, even those i met during service, from the North were employed and some are still being employed in government Agencies, Ministries and Parastatals while less than 20% of those of us from the South have such opportunity. They said there are no jobs, we should create jobs for ourselves, fine. Why then are some people from a section of the country find it very easy to get these jobs while some of us from the other section are left to wander aimlessly in the ’wilderness’?Again the resources that run these Ministries, Agencies and Parastatals come from a particular section of the country.

Concerning the Niger Delta Region. Some people would say they gave them NDDC, they gave them 13% derivation, etc, what do they want?and all those balderdash. The question is:will that stop air pollution or the destruction of the ecostystem or one man in Adamawa or Sokoto from owning Oil blocks in their domain?You may called them millitants, criminals, etc, but the truth is, they are fighting for greater participation in the management of the resources found in their backyard. If the Fed Govt succeeds in subdueing Avengers today other deadly millitants will surely emerge in the future. Without restructuring the country and without Nigeria adopting Fiscal Federalism, the issue of militancy will never stop.

There are so many abnormally in the system, space will not permit me to mention them. I used to pray for Nigeria but unfortunately I will never do that again. There can never be peace in this country unless there is equity, fairness and justice
it was GEJ that did the rail,bubu just completed it o!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Know Peace by playtheblues(f): 4:21am On Jun 27, 2016
You are right.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria May Never Know Peace by chriskosherbal(m): 4:36am On Jun 27, 2016
O lord show yourself mightily in this country.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Know Peace by id911(m): 8:04am On Jun 27, 2016
dnawah:
it was GEJ that did the rail,bubu just completed it o!

I know, i’m not concern about individual but the system as a whole
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Know Peace by AirFireEarthH20: 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2016
Since I came across this write-up, I have been thinking seriously
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Know Peace by bennyann: 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
Please don't give up yet. It isn't over until it's over. Please go back to praying for Nigeria and let's contribute the little we can to try moving the country forward.
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Know Peace by AirFireEarthH20: 3:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
bennyann:
Please don't give up yet. It isn't over until it's over. Please go back to praying for Nigeria and let's contribute the little we can to try moving the country forward.

You can never know what the guy is going through cos this system may have frustrated him
Re: Why Nigeria May Never Know Peace by id911(m): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
One thing in this country is that people like suppressing the truth. But very soon those who are directly and indirectly involved will be consumed. It will take us all unawares

(1) (Reply)

Members Of FRSC In A Boat Following Road Flooding In Lagos / Nigeria Army Training: Are These Tortures Necessary? (video) / Apc's Biggest Mistake....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.