Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

"Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis (65313 Views)

Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop / Christians Should Apologize To Gays - Pope Francis Says / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Mickael2(m): 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
pippimp:

There is no way anyone can corrupt anyone's child unless you fail in your duties as a parent. Plus, homosexuality is not a choice. They are born with it. And since it is not a choice, there is no way you as a parent can control it. As far as i am concerned it is a disgusting orientation and you have to be really into it to allow someone put his thing into your thing. Either way, it is their life. Let them live it.

Please, Homosexuality is a choice. Before the NASS decided to ban homosexuality, they conducted a research on it and from what they discovered in Lagos, most if not all primary school students do not even understand what it is, it is when they go to secondary schools that the problem starts since they will invariably meet older people who will lure them away, if your ward lives in a hostel what can you do about it? Nothing, hence the need to ostracize them completely
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2016
All of you commenting rubbish about The Pope, you have your reward.

How is it that you cannot read and understand? Or is English too hard to understand nowadays?

I wonder how you passed your WASSCE!

For your consideration: Ask John 8:1-11, The Holy Book

For a reminder: The Pope represents Christ on Earth, he cannot ERR!
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by charliejose: 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
apparently 85% of Nigerians are going to hell majorly for one sin...that's hypocrisy!

3 Likes

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by daveP(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
TILL I DIE, YOU AREN'T AND WILL NEVER BE GOD, ABOVE OR ON, BENEATH THE EARTH. INASMUCH CHRIST IS STILL AND EVERLY WILL BE, THE OMNIPRESENT ONE, THEN HE IS STILL THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH. JUST LIKE HE SAID DURING ASCENSION ABOUT ALL POWER AND AUTHORITY. SO WHATEVER YOU SAY DOESN'T REPRESENT THE BODY OF CHRIST.

BESIDES WHO ARE THE CHURCH

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by grandstar(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
ezugegere:

And why do you have plenty fornicators and adulterers in your Church but you're ready to stone homosexuals?

I said the Bible hates homophobia. I am a Jehovah's Witness. We simply preach and respect the householder's wishes(Matthew 11:11-13)
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by frenzydaniel1(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
E be like say dis man take Okoro soup and Sapele weed before him talk dis trash gringringrin
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Mickael2(m): 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
Akshow:
stop sounding silly young man. You Insinuated I was Gay simply because I support their right to love whom they choose to love. That's why I gave you that analogy so u can see the foolishness in ur claims. And if supporting their right makes me a monster, so be it. But you should know I am more humane and even more Christian (if I was) than you that use your religion to preach hate and discriminate against people who are different.

There is a huge difference between people who are different and homosexuals. White people are different, I do not hate them, muslims are different, dwarves, twins, deaf and dumbs, lame people, extremely tall people are all different and i do not hate them, but homosexuals?! If we you support homosexuals then you should support some criminals too because let's be honest, some become criminals due to their blood,so that means they are different and should be accepted too. Heck, everyone can lay claim to his own sin being natural if you want to put it that way, so we all should leave together, there should be no need for any prison yard or court, let's all tolerate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by djlaqua91(m): 4:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
When I read so many ignorant comments here I'm certain Nigeria deserves all the problems and bad leaders we got. The Hypocrisy reeks. Everybody dey form saint.

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by frenzydaniel1(m): 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
charliejose:
apparently 85% of Nigerians are going to hell majorly for one sin...that's hypocrisy!

guy i support you #GBAM
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by grandstar(m): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
Akshow:
expecting ur response to this. Explain how this is not misogynist

This does not mean she should shut up.

It simply means she can not exercise authority over a man. ( 1 Corinthians 11:3)

There is nothing misogynist about the headship principle as long as its not abused.

Women actually do better when they submit to it.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Mickael2(m): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
wilsonreuben:
All of you commenting rubbish about The Pope, you have your reward.

How is it that you cannot read and understand? Or is English too hard to understand nowadays?

I wonder how you passed your WASSCE!

For your consideration: Ask John 8:1-11, The Holy Book

For a reminder: The Pope represents Christ on Earth, he cannot ERR!

Sorry to cut you short but i am a catholic too, and the Pope does err, why then does the Pope go to confession? The Pope does not err only when he is delivering ex cathedra... That is when he is sitted on the throne of St Peter and is explaining(not formulating, a pope can never formulate) a doctrine. So you can't say that the Pope can never make a mistake in his personal life, he has his own human inclinations afterall
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
obailala:

Just to clarify, the pope did not say it is not a sin, he has only said the church would be wrong to discriminate / condemn them; that should be left for God himself.

Just to clarify, the pope did not say it is not a sin, he has only said the church would be wrong to discriminate / condemn them; that should be left for God himself.[/quote]

It takes the Spirit of God to understand and you have it.

The Pope's blessings shall be yours.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by mrZENographer: 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
obailala:

There is no doubt that the animosity we have for gays is 100 times more than the animosity we have for fornicators, adulterers, liars, thieves and even murderes. The pope has simply said that just the same way we do not have the right as ordinary men to judge and condemn these set of sinners (liars, adulterers etc), we do not also have the right to judge and condemn gays. It is the emotions of deep hatred and disgust we have for gays that makes a lot of people including yourself not to comprehend this simple statement by the pope.

Yes gays are hated 100 times because homosexuality is the height of wickedness. Sex is supposed to be btw a man and woman. But these people are corrupting the very reason for our existence. If fornication/adultery is a whooping 48%, homosexuality doubles.

Fire makes water to boil. But fire has grades. This is taking corruption and wickedness to a whole new level. And will your justification for it be a recount present corruption.

I ask you if dollar exchange rate is now an uncomfortable 288 naira to a dollar. Are u supposed to assist the dollar to 500 naira. When it hurts u and the economy, except ur a corrupt official/ earning in dollars. Then its ur own greediness and selfpleasure.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Mickael2:

Sorry to cut you short but i am a catholic too, and the Pope does err, why then does the Pope go to confession? The Pope does not err only when he is delivering ex cathedra... That is when he is sitted on the throne of St Peter and is explaining(not formulating, a pope can never formulate) a doctrine. So you can't say that the Pope can never make a mistake in his personal life, he has his own human inclinations afterall

You Modern Judas, you also have your reward.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Akshow: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
grandstar:

This does not mean she should shut up.

It simply means she can not exercise authority over a man. ( 1 Corinthians 11:3)

There is nothing misogynist about the headship principle as long as its not abused.

Women actually do better when they submit to it.
it's in black and white Mr, don't sugar coat the obvious meaning. Explain this too

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by kumulus(m): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
Religion as always....peeps still confused about sooooo much.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Ayatullah(m): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
Franz15:

the bible didn't condem pork,acts of appostles.

Who are to judge, let's try to help them,homosexuality is a sin. HELP THE SINNER

[b]The Bible textually forbidden the consumption of pork and Jesus Christ demonstrated how abhorrent pigs are when he released demonic spirit into a herd of pigs and they rushed into the river drowned.

Homosexuality is such a grievous sin God frowns at that the Bible tells us how God destroyed a whole city because of it. It is also clearly stated in the Bible that Homosexuals should be stoned to death.

There is no running away from these everlasting facts. Jesus Christ clearly stated that: "I have not come to destroy the law of the prophets......"

The Pope is therefore misleading his followers. Homosexuality is a very, very grievous sin before God Almighty.

The best way to HELP SINNERS is to implement God's laws on earth, and these laws abound in the Bible and are forever green.

All man made laws and sentiments will only emboldened Homosexuals and when the wrath of God comes in the form of Tsunamis, Tornadoes, Floodings, Earthquake and other disasters, even the silent and compromising 'innocents' pleading for Homosexuals will be swept away with the Homosexuals in God's wrath.
[/b]
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by akunjohn(m): 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
Now I truly believe the end time is at hand.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Mickael2(m): 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2016
wilsonreuben:

You Modern Judas, you also have your reward.

Please, don't let me tell you something you won't like. Take the correction, it is as simple as ABC, if you do not believe me then check it in the Cathecism book, you are calling me Judas when I am actually the person who said the right thing? You will also have your own reward I guess
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by mrZENographer: 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2016
wilsonreuben:

Just to clarify, the pope did not say it is not a sin, he has only said the church would be wrong to discriminate / condemn them; that should be left for God himself.

It takes the Spirit of God to understand and you have it.

The Pope's blessings shall be yours.

Why not he focus leading the homosexuals to Christ and recounting the consequences of their evil. But here he is making them more comfortable with their abomination. And ur falling for the same enticing words. Look your almost in the trap.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by grandstar(m): 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
Empredboy:
And the bible condemned the adulterous woman and prostitution but jesus didn't condemn either. So what will u say about that?

The story about the adulterous woman has some k-leg. It might not have been in earlier scriptures(Read footnote of John 8:1-11). So omit the story.

Jesus did condemn prostitution. What he forgave was the repentant attitude he saw in the prostitute or loose woman. Remember the case of Rehab the harlot.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Akshow: 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
Mickael2:

There is a huge difference between people who are different and homosexuals. White people are different, I do not hate them, muslims are different, dwarves, twins, deaf and dumbs, lame people, extremely tall people are all different and i do not hate them, but homosexuals?! If we you support homosexuals then you should support some criminals too because let's be honest, some become criminals due to their blood,so that means they are different and should be accepted too. Heck, everyone can lay claim to his own sin being natural if you want to put it that way, so we all should leave together, there should be no need for any prison yard or court, let's all tolerate
It's obvious that trying to make u see sense in all this is next to impossible cos u are d most ignorant person on nairaland. If u want to compare human sexuality to all d shiit above then I really have no words for you. Read more and cure ur ignorance.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by pippimp(m): 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2016
Mickael2:

Please, Homosexuality is a choice. Before the NASS decided to ban homosexuality, they conducted a research on it and from what they discovered in Lagos, most if not all primary school students do not even understand what it is, it is when they go to secondary schools that the problem starts since they will invariably meet older people who will lure them away, if your ward lives in a hostel what can you do about it? Nothing, hence the need to ostracize them completely

Anything from NASS cannot be trusted. Plus, any research coming from Nigeria will always be subjective. How can you ask peoples opinion on an issue in a country where favorable opinion on the matter most likely will get you killed. It will always be biased. Homosexuals are normal every day people. Ever heard of Alan Turing? He is the father of computer science as we know it today. And he was gay. Are you going to stop using a computer because the person how steered us towards that direction was gay? I guess not right? We can benefit from them at our own convenience. Right? Anyway, you know my stance on the issue. Good day.

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by ify2016: 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
I support Pope appeal to Christians. We should not discrimination over one another in the name different sexual orientation.

Live and let's live should preoccupy our daily thinking as a christian.
Apology and love are only what gays want and not assault or discrimination.

Just my own opinion
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Empredboy(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
grandstar:

The story about the adulterous woman has some k-leg. It might not have been in earlier scriptures(Read footnote of John 8:1-11). So omit the story.

Jesus did condemn prostitution. What he forgave was the repentant attitude he saw in the prostitute or loose woman. Remember the case of Rehab the harlot.
what is in the footnote? Why do u guys like to twist the bible? Ok whose reason did jesus came to the world for? Sinners or righteous?
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by mrZENographer: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
Akshow:
It's obvious that trying to make u see sense in all this is next to impossible cos u are d most ignorant person on nairaland. If u want to compare human sexuality to all d shiit above then I really have no words for you. Read more and cure ur ignorance.

Cure your own perversion. It makes your place a hell of immorality regardless of what religion you are. You cant even greet a male friend without thinking stink.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by bleskid: 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
Pls some body help ,,,, i dont know how to post news in this web (nairaland) pls help me
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Ogagaroghene(m): 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hell fire to pop francis & his generation born & yet unborn. amen. :PHell fire to pop francis & his generation born & yet unborn. amen.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by grandstar(m): 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
Akshow:
it's in black and white Mr, don't sugar coat the obvious meaning. Explain this too

Is that not a sick demented act? Under, the Law, murder was a capital offence so a brawl will hardly lead to murder.

A man might as well grab and pull the nipples of another man's wife if the situation was reversed.

It is a very unclean act, the sort of brazen conduct many find amusing today.

Note, the Bible was even silent on if she used a stick to hit him on the body. The Bible was fixated on the grabbing of the man's tentacles. Yuck!
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Empredboy(m): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
Empredboy:
what is in the footnote? Why do u guys like to twist the bible? Ok whose reason did jesus came to the world for? Sinners or righteous?
Why do u guys like to twist the bible? Ok whose reason did jesus came to the world? Sinners or righteous?
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
mrZENographer:

Why not he focus leading the homosexuals to Christ and recounting the consequences of their evil. But here he is making them more comfortable with their abomination. And ur falling for the same enticing words. Look your almost in the trap.

Exactly what are you babbling about?

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Akshow: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
mrZENographer:

Cure your own perversion. It makes your place a hell of immorality regardless of what religion you are. You cant even greet a male friend without thinking straight.
says someone who probably engages in premarital sex, lies, sins daily, eat pork, etc. Lmao. Remove the wool from ur eye young man before bothering about another man's spec of dirt. Ur hatred for something you have no idea about is rather revealing of some closeted perverted Gay tendency. Men like us, who are comfortable in their own skin and their sexuality have no problem with what any people choose to do in d privacy of their bedroom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor / Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.