Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager (22968 Views)

Roy Hodgson Named Crystal Palace Head Coach For Two Years / Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager / Allardyce Named New England Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by adekola02(m): 11:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
mtcheeeeeew.... if he like let him withdraw patapata from managerial career..... who e epp..... after castin my game
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by pippimp(m): 11:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
yomz1e:
the best manger job in the world! if you loose you get paid attractive severance pay!

Not when you resign.
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by 2metrelaurie(m): 11:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
[/color]In just 3 days:
Leo Messi resigns
Roy Hodgson resigns
Argentine FA Chiarman resigns...
British prime minister Resigns..

.When is Buhari resigning? grin

2 Likes

Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by remigiusizunna(m): 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
If my memory still serve me well.
was this not the same las lagabark that rubbished our national team .
pocketed over 60million naira annually before divorcing super eagles

So he is now doing abrakatabra with Iceland .

This is change,
Not this our Nigerian chanji
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by mafavour: 11:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
I hope someone in that house call glass will learn something and those in the house where there chairs shows red like a lecture theater in abuja...oliseh once tried anyway.
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by comodo: 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
When is Queen resigning?? Abi she be African queen?
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by tall2ce(m): 11:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
marhoinspire:
He has given his best. The truth is that England, Spain, Argentina etc has good individual players but wen thy come to national team, they are nothing to write about.
Never compare Argentina with Spain and England judging by the last three years
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by nairalandankrah: 11:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
next coach please...england will still fumble
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by imarrpopson: 11:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
He really messed up...His selection was bais. He allowed the media controlled him

1 Like

Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by nairalandankrah: 11:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
England Reminds Me Of South Africa...Well Organised Professional Leagues, Good Talents,yet Keep Fumbling At Major Tournaments.. There Is Something Fundamentally Wrong With Their National Team.

1 Like

Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by Biospnx(m): 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
dechandel:

Of course he's got to resign, lost to a country of less than half a million people?
Not his fault though..
Iceland has 33,000 citizens
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by mikron(m): 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
wetin concern me?

Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
mukina2:
not surprised . .the guy didn't even know his best starting 11.

#brexit 2016 grin grin grin
Harry Kane na flop of a player still surprised how Kane will start ahead of Vardy. Délé Alli is a confused player.
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by ahamonyeka(m): 12:01am On Jun 28, 2016
Onigbinde is available for the job.
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by Preshy3509(m): 12:02am On Jun 28, 2016
I cant really figure out the problem with england national team. They got all it takes to win trophies but they are just bunch of players wit same low mentality.
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by ThePeacemaker(m): 12:02am On Jun 28, 2016
prodiG:
grin grin Womanliness cat?.Dat must be new cheesy
i wrote pvssy cat buh it was censored by nairaland to womanliness
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by AreaFada2: 12:16am On Jun 28, 2016
England: exit everywhere they go. cheesy grin
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by AreaFada2: 12:17am On Jun 28, 2016
Biospnx:
Iceland has 33,000 citizens

Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by bigtt76(f): 12:36am On Jun 28, 2016
I'm surprised that Lars Lagerback who left off from coaching Nigeria is actually leading a team pulling such wonderful stunts. BTW he started coaching Iceland from 2011 till date. Such can't happen in Nigeria undecided

tall2ce:
ftc, gradually coming up the ladder on nairaland.

Now as for England, if Messi and Argentina were a failure, losing to Iceland with a population lower than Agege Local Government was a disgrace, a disaster and its very shameful. But kudos to the coach for resigning, if it were to be a Nigerian coach, the coach would never resign. As for Iceland who almost all its player's names ends with the word "son" and coach Lars Lagerback dey av performed above expectations.

I hope the NFF would learn from this disaster to England and pick a reasonable coach for the Super Eagles and not someone who would tell Ighalo to take cornerkicks and freekicks

FTC means Fifth to comment
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 28, 2016
braine:
It seems like people prefer to quit after failing these days. What happened to those days when they tell us to get back up after falling?
This one is CONTRACT. If he did not quit, he would have been sacked.
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by kobonaire(m): 12:52am On Jun 28, 2016
Some of his decisions, player selections and the overall style of play was quite perplexing.
He has done the right thing in stepping down. It should be interesting to see who takes over next.
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by smogup: 1:16am On Jun 28, 2016
tall2ce:
ftc, gradually coming up the ladder on nairaland.

Now as for England, if Messi and Argentina were a failure, losing to Iceland with a population lower than Agege Local Government was a disgrace, a disaster and its very shameful. But kudos to the coach for resigning, if it were to be a Nigerian coach, the coach would never resign. As for Iceland who almost all its player's names ends with the word "son" and coach Lars Lagerback dey av performed above expectations. What did Lars larger back achieved when he coached Nigeria

I hope the NFF would learn from this disaster to England and pick a reasonable coach for the Super Eagles and not someone who would tell Ighalo to take cornerkicks and freekicks

FTC means Fifth to comment
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by Theoflux(m): 1:33am On Jun 28, 2016
mukina2:
not surprised . .the guy didn't even know his best starting 11.

#brexit 2016 grin grin grin
The one person that would have saved his ass was RASHFORD but he thought the boy was too small and inexperienced to start.
#ManUtd4life !

1 Like

Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by BABANGBALI: 1:53am On Jun 28, 2016
Saraki na your mate wey get sense be dat o,you see wetin him do?What are you and Ekweremadu still waiting for?
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by FirstCounsel(m): 1:53am On Jun 28, 2016
Bye bye Woy...
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by Thobiy(m): 2:04am On Jun 28, 2016
tall2ce:
Now as for England, if Messi and Argentina were a failure, losing to Iceland with a population lower than Agege Local Government was a disgrace, a disaster and its very shameful. But kudos to the coach for resigning, if it were to be a Nigerian coach, the coach would never resign. As for Iceland who almost all its player's names ends with the word "son" and coach Lars Lagerback dey av performed above expectations.

Hmm
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by Thobiy(m): 2:05am On Jun 28, 2016
teeboi73:
Hope Brexit is not a curse for uNa as you dey exit everything now
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by Emmoski74(m): 2:40am On Jun 28, 2016
Who em epp.. Common coaching, he couldn't achieve, but to travel all round that's what he can do best.. Better he did resigned
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by toshmann(m): 3:30am On Jun 28, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin

This dude actually thought he was one of the best coaches in the world grin

Chei cheesy
Re: Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager by abancs(m): 4:34am On Jun 28, 2016
ko wulo teletele...... He was never useful for that team.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians / Kenyan, Emmanuel Naibei Wins Lagos City Marathon 2021 (Photos) / #WorldCupDraws: We Will Beat Argentina Again – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.