Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

#govtwithingovt | I Am Not Anyone’s Stooge – Buhari Replies Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #govtwithingovt | I Am Not Anyone’s Stooge – Buhari Replies Saraki (756 Views)

Aisha Buhari Replies Shehu Sani As He Likens Nigeria To Animal Kingdom / NASS Commission Boss Replies Saraki, Refuses To Withdraw Clerk’s Appointment / Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#govtwithingovt | I Am Not Anyone’s Stooge – Buhari Replies Saraki by Chibuzoc(m): 7:15am On Jun 28, 2016
President Muhamma­du Buhari has taken strong exception to the comments credited to embattled Senate Presi­dent, Bukola Saraki, that a cabal has seized executive powers in the presidency for a selfish and punitive agenda.
Saraki is standing trial for alleged false declara­tion of assets at the Code of Conduct Tribunal and another alleged forgery of parliamentary document at a high court in Abuja.
Saraki had insinuated these to be the handiwork of persons close to the presidency, with a claim that there is “now a gov­ernment within the gov­ernment of President Bu­hari”. However, Buhari in a swift reaction yesterday through his spokesman, Femi Adesina, said he was nobody’s puppet and Saraki’s allegation is not only false and ridiculous, but worthless.
A statement issued by Adesina clarified that the Attorney-General of the Federation, who authorized Saraki’s prosecution, is the Chief Law Officer of the state and it is within his constitutional powers to determine who has in­fringed upon the law, and who has not.
The president, who is publicly baring his mind on Saraki’s travails so far, asked the Senate President to stop carrying an imagi­nary cross and go clear himself before the court.
The statement reads: “President of the Sen­ate, Dr. Abubakar Bu­kola Saraki, claims there is “now a government within the government of President Buhari”, which has allegedly seized the apparatus of Executive powers to pursue a nefari­ous agenda.
“This claim by Senator Saraki would have been more worth the while, if it had been backed with more information.
“If he had proceeded to identify those who con­stitute the “government within the government,” it would have taken the issue beyond the realm of fic­tion and mere conjecture.
“But as it stands, the al­legation is not even worth the paper on which it was written, as anybody can wake from a troubled sleep, and say anything.
“The Attorney-Gen­eral of the Federation is the Chief Law Officer of the state. It is within his constitutional powers to determine who has in­fringed upon the law, and who has not.
“Pretending to carry an imaginary cross is mere obfuscation, if, indeed, a criminal act has been committed. But we leave the courts to judge’’. It said.

Read more @http://www.buzorpages.com/2016/06/govtwithingovt-i-am-not-anyones-stooge.html
Re: #govtwithingovt | I Am Not Anyone’s Stooge – Buhari Replies Saraki by Chibuzoc(m): 7:17am On Jun 28, 2016
Read more interesting post @www.buzorpages.com

Re: #govtwithingovt | I Am Not Anyone’s Stooge – Buhari Replies Saraki by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 28, 2016
Let them wail...Wailers Club of Kwara State

because other government does not check the excesses of the fellows does. Not mean that PMP is witch hunting them
Re: #govtwithingovt | I Am Not Anyone’s Stooge – Buhari Replies Saraki by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 28, 2016
They think its other government that they can sit in it and do. Their rubbish.
This time around, if you want to misbehave, you better resign
Re: #govtwithingovt | I Am Not Anyone’s Stooge – Buhari Replies Saraki by thaoriginator: 7:28am On Jun 28, 2016
Saraki the yam eater. He even make asaro wit it
Re: #govtwithingovt | I Am Not Anyone’s Stooge – Buhari Replies Saraki by alecyril: 7:29am On Jun 28, 2016
why this trading of words, i thought they are from the same change party or does it have a faction now
Re: #govtwithingovt | I Am Not Anyone’s Stooge – Buhari Replies Saraki by joeprince23(m): 7:45am On Jun 28, 2016
the daura man is still denying,oga tinubu and his croonies are controlling ur govt
Re: #govtwithingovt | I Am Not Anyone’s Stooge – Buhari Replies Saraki by PehaKaso: 7:49am On Jun 28, 2016
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News Breaking! Fg Extends Eid-el Fitr Holiday To Thursday July 7 / The Search Bar On Niraland Forum / Check Out Buhari's Profile On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.