Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians (40600 Views)

Aisha Buhari Replies Shehu Sani As He Likens Nigeria To Animal Kingdom / Instead Of Insulting Biafra, Explain Why They Should Stay- Deji Adeyanju / Fatima Abdullahi Ganduje, First Class Graduate Daughter Of Kano Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by Nicur: 7:01am On Apr 10, 2016
The Presidency has dismissed the allegations by former Governor Ibrahim Shekarau of Kano State that the Buhari administration is insensitive to the plight of Nigerians.

Reacting to the allegation in Abuja, the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to President Muhammadu Buhari, Garba Shehu, enjoined Mr. Shekarau to stop insulting the intelligence of Nigerians with his false and misleading allegations.
He noted that the “audacity of Shekarau to preach about sensitivity is incredibly amazing, considering the large-scale stealing of public funds by the unseated PDP government at the expense of the welfare of the people.

“The greatest insensitivity to the welfare of the people is epic corruption for which the PDP had a notorious and unrivalled record in our recent democratic history of bad governance.”

The Presidential aide explained that “the greed of PDP leaders respects no boundaries of decency and rationality, so much that they could illegally steal any funds within their grip or reach, including monies meant for the security of Nigerians and the welfare of soldiers fighting terrorism in the Northeast.”
According to Mr. Shehu, Mr. Shekarau’s colleagues in the PDP government that he served have been coughing out monies that they illegally stole while in office.

“Bringing misery to your fellow countrymen and women on account of your greed and thievery is the worst example of insensitivity,” he said.

He said that the wellbeing of the citizens was at the heart of the President and for this reason, “the administration is seeking permanent solutions, not temporary ones to the county’s economic woes by first securing it, developing infrastructure and diversifying its economy.’’

Mr. Shehu reassured that the several measures put in place by the Buhari administration would bear fruition in a matter of time.

On the current fuel scarcity, Mr. Shehu said the Buhari administration had saved one trillion naira on account of removing subsidy which was fraudulently making some cabals richer at the expense of the welfare of the people who were being short-changed.
He explained that the Buhari administration had significantly reduced the rate of corruption and frustrated people with corrupt and fraudulent tendencies.

According to him, those that benefitted from subsidy fraud are using their illegal gains to finance smear campaigns against the Buhari administration on the social media and other forums.

Addressing the issue of insecurity, Mr. Shehu said the Boko Haram terrorist group had been so “thoroughly militarily weakened that they no longer have the capabilities and staying power to confront our troops, or occupy any part of Nigerian territory without being decisively expelled.”

He recalled that markets and bus stations that were closed three years ago in the Northeast “are now being reopened, thanks to the decisive restoration of relative peace in the area by our now motivated and reinvigorated troops.

“The Buhari administration is also proud to say that poor Nigerians that were once displaced by terrorist attacks are now returning to their liberated towns and villages, and this government won’t relent until it rids the country of the vestiges of terrorism.”

According to the presidential aide, the commitment of the Buhari administration to fighting corruption is firm and irrevocable, and that “every stolen kobo would be recovered and channelled into improving the welfare of Nigerians.”

source -
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201519-buhari-replies-shekarau-accuses-ex-kano-governor-insulting-nigerians.html

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by odiereke(m): 7:02am On Apr 10, 2016
God should just take absolute control of this Nigeria.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by ayzTIGER: 7:05am On Apr 10, 2016
The only thing this APC government know is corruption. Buhari your the minister of petroleum why is there fuel scarcity all over the country? Buhari will say corruption... The budget you submitted to the NASS is highly padded why? Buhari said its because of corruption... Buhari why have you been unable to put in place what you promised Nigerians? Buhari will be like 16yrs of PDP is highly corrupt... Buhari why have you been on air more than in your office since your administration... Buhari will be like you know PDP is corrupt so im travelling on behalf of them what they should have travelled the past 16yrs. Tell them the truth that this administration is insensitive, visionless, directionless and khakistocratic they will say your corrupt.
Your fighting corruption yet things are going from bad to worse...

331 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by Luckylife(m): 7:06am On Apr 10, 2016
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by blackpanda: 7:09am On Apr 10, 2016
odiereke:

Thats why he gave you Buhari. But our people are impatient. We murmur at the slightest of inconvenience and some are already begging God to bring back Egypt

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by TPAND(f): 7:11am On Apr 10, 2016
Buhari truth hurts.. Deal with it or do your usual, tell DSS to arrest and lock him up.

Ask Osinbajo what the indigenes of Kano state told him when he visited them.

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by EgusiSoup: 7:28am On Apr 10, 2016
blackpanda:

Thats why he gave you Buhari. But our people are impatient. We murmur at the slightest of inconvenience and some are already begging God to bring back Egypt

I am tempted to insult you for this vomit you just spilled out but I will just control myself for now.

The mistake will be corrected on 2019 Insha Allah undecided

203 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by Willybos(m): 7:31am On Apr 10, 2016
Ibrahim shekarau is a Senseless frog.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by luvinhubby(m): 7:33am On Apr 10, 2016
Please somebody should help me ask Garba Shehu the following questions -
1, How much has Buhari's administration invested in arms & ammunitions for the millitary?

2, How come a bag of rice is now selling for 14,500 against 8,500 a year ago.

3, How come inflation is now at all time high of 12% in Nigeria?

4, Real sector investment has crashed by 56%, why?

5, Pure water now sells for 150 a bag against the 100 a year ago, how come?

6, We were buying fuel for 87 - 97 per liter without queues a year ago & is now doing so at 180 per liter with queues, wetin happen?

5, Was having an average of 12hrs power supply before now & is having 2hrs now, what did we do?

6, Why did we did just start having inconclusive elections now, at least 4 out of 6, including yesterdays Osun central senatorial election was inconclusive?

7, I do not have light, water & fuel in.Lagos now, what offense did i commit Garba?

If we had those things with all the PDP 'lootings' & 'corruption', then Buhari please 'loot' your own & give us the essentials in Nigeria.

279 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by blackpanda: 7:36am On Apr 10, 2016
EgusiSoup:

I am tempted to insult you for this vomit you just spilled out but I will just control myself for now.

The mistake will be corrected on 2019 Insha Allah undecided

Insult for what?? If u insult me, then I just press report and u are banned. There is no mistake. Buhari is the best person for the job!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by EgusiSoup: 7:38am On Apr 10, 2016
blackpanda:

Insult for what?? If u insult me, then I just press report and u are banned. There is no mistake. Buhari is the best person for the job!

Will "ban" reduce the suffering of Nigerians? undecided

**looks for plank to reset his head**

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by GudluckIBB(m): 7:39am On Apr 10, 2016
This reply to shekau is an indication that fayose is irrelevant

Since fayose has been talking, Buhari does not even know if he exists let alone replying him.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by ayzTIGER: 7:41am On Apr 10, 2016
blackpanda:

your lost, to call you zombie is an insult to zombie themselves... God have mercy on you

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by blackpanda: 7:49am On Apr 10, 2016
EgusiSoup:

Will "ban" reduce the suffering of Nigerians? undecided

**looks for plank to reset his head**

You this Egusisoup, you better look for where to throw your anger. Go and hit something if it makes you feel good. Hating buhari will do nothing for u. So free urself from anger and hate.

Btw its sunday so go to church and stop chatting!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by M4gunners: 8:04am On Apr 10, 2016
You guys should enjoy the change. At least i can now sleep well. People no longer call me or chat till i can't reply again. Their reason for nnot calling again issss simply they don't have light to charge their handsets.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by mhunkey: 8:05am On Apr 10, 2016
ayzTIGER:
The only thing this APC government know is corruption. Buhari your the minister of petroleum why is there fuel scarcity all over the country? Buhari will say corruption... The budget you submitted to the NASS is highly padded why? Buhari said its because of corruption... Buhari why have you been unable to put in place what you promised Nigerians? Buhari will be like 16yrs of PDP is highly corrupt... Buhari why have you been on air more than in your office since your administration... Buhari will be like you know PDP is corrupt so im travelling on behalf of them what they should have travelled the past 16yrs. Tell them the truth they will say your corrupt.
corruption is fighting back

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by criminalmindz: 8:14am On Apr 10, 2016
Everyday talk of they stole money, this embezZled money. Don't buhari and apc have something else to say. Do this people think nigerians are fools.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 10, 2016
I'm sure Nigerians know better...... I expect Shehu to list corrective measures and not list causative assumptions angry angry angry angry angry

He has to demonstrate high level intelligence than what he is doing? Anyone can capitalize the present situation but it's his job to show working and not travelling angry angry angry

Nigerians don't care about who caused what but who can fix the problems? Resign and give way for those who can fix problems if you think you can't.....otherwise start talking solution and stop blaming and accusing angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by mej67: 8:34am On Apr 10, 2016
Saint APC government that doesn't steal a kobe of public funds, please make things work for ordinary Nigerians.

Currently, you are making everyone believe that the era of pdp is better even with all the accusations of stealing.

Meanwhile, how many looters have you convicted?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by otukpo(f): 8:36am On Apr 10, 2016
APC and deceit

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by timilehing(m): 8:42am On Apr 10, 2016
Joke

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by psyqs(m): 8:43am On Apr 10, 2016
f
Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by cold(m): 8:43am On Apr 10, 2016
otukpo:
APC and deceit
Association of Pathological Liars

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by chernest2002: 8:43am On Apr 10, 2016
If buhari continues like this ahhh hunger go finish people for this nija.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 10, 2016
Anyways... i added another year to mine today, i know we all love to celebrate birthdays in joy and happiness. But one bonus for all of you who click LIKES for me.... UNCEASING MONEY FOR YOU ALL

( CLICK LIKE TO CLAIM YOUR PRICE ) and more petrol to your tanks

DrabeeyWasHere

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by MRXELA(m): 8:44am On Apr 10, 2016
S

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 10, 2016
FRYING PAN CALLING POT BLACK

did bubu not call Nigerians thiefs?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 10, 2016
ayzTIGER:
The only thing this APC government know is corruption. Buhari your the minister of petroleum why is there fuel scarcity all over the country? Buhari will say corruption... The budget you submitted to the NASS is highly padded why? Buhari said its because of corruption... Buhari why have you been unable to put in place what you promised Nigerians? Buhari will be like 16yrs of PDP is highly corrupt... Buhari why have you been on air more than in your office since your administration... Buhari will be like you know PDP is corrupt so im travelling on behalf of them what they should have travelled the past 16yrs. Tell them the truth that this administration is insensitive, visionless, directionless and khakistocratic they will say your corrupt.
corruption is the reason why we are where we are today.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by stano2(m): 8:46am On Apr 10, 2016
Really this country is going from bad to worst but I still believe and have hope in this administration that things will get better and much more better soon..

To those apologizing and praising the former Administration at this time, I see no reason why I should celebrate the past administration. More than once we experienced similar hardship in Goodluck Jonathan's administration..

I am not in total support of this Buhari led government because it seems the came in unprepared to tackle the challenges of this country earlier but I believe this administration is filled with individuals working to take this country to greater heights. We should also consider the fall in oil price this government met that wasn't so when the Goodluck came into power.

Not until after 4yrs will I compare the present administration to that of the past. Knowing fully way how corrupt officials walked freely.
Proudly_Deltan

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 10, 2016
odiereke:

Yea he should!!! after all the $billions his mega rich pastors have been depositing in his off-shore accounts he should angry angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by cold(m): 8:48am On Apr 10, 2016
everydayperson:

Yea he should!!! after all the $billions his mega rich pastors have been depositing in his off-shore accounts he should angry angry angry angry angry angry
You dey mind them. Take absolute control indeed. What has he been doing? Sleeping? Mtcheew
Re: Buhari Replies Shekarau, Accuses Ex-kano Governor Of Insulting Nigerians by Icecomrade: 8:49am On Apr 10, 2016
Toh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Weapons Recovered From Criminals By Soldiers In The North. Photos / Another Picture Of GMB In London / Asawana Deadly Force Of Niger Delta Emerges, Demands Sovereign State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.