Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,355 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? (64246 Views)

Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies / Tutsi Women Cheating When Married To Hutu Men Is Culturally Codified! / Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Closetoheart: 6:14am On Jun 29, 2016
tomquest:

Yep I know childbearing brings about weight gain. But it's not irreversible. It's just the zeal.
Besides, this wasn't the type of weight gain I was referring to. It goes beyond that. Talking about "consciously blowing out of shape" without

1) exercises to burn calories to maintain weight
2) sticking to a healthy eating habit wilhich includes the right calories intake considering ones BMI and level of physical activity.

I totally agree with you that an out-of-shape wife shouldn't be a ticket for a man to cheat. But do you realize that staying in shape is a strong attraction factor in keeping your man all to yourself?

I pity the woman that will marry you...Ha! Igi eleera.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by macaranta(m): 6:17am On Jun 29, 2016
Depends on the woman.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by nonjebose(m): 6:19am On Jun 29, 2016
Over flogged rhetoric
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Ihuomadinihu: 6:26am On Jun 29, 2016
It's really frustrating how men bash and body shame women irrespective of their size. Men are never satisfied. If you are slim,they complain. If you are plump,they equally complain. Slim ladies are usually the targets most of the time. Men complain they look unwomanly which has led them to go after padded bras and pants or painful plastic surgery.
Some of them even take dangerous concotions just to add weight!
While the plump ones like tools are strangulating themselves with Body shapers, Girdles and Corsets just to please men!
This is just an excuse to cheat. An unfaithfulman will cheat on you irrespective of your beauty and body size.
Ladies,just do you! Be comfortable in your body irrespective of size and shape. Too hell with their useless complaints!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by BluStreak(m): 6:32am On Jun 29, 2016
funkymatics:
how many married nigerians have a job that permits them to have dinner latest by 7pm. most times that's when they leave thier work places and of course they would be caught up in traffic and because they cant afford to keep a maid or buy from eatries they will end up eating late because the dinner would be cooked that same nite. this is the major cause of the big belly men and women carry around.
eat fruits once it is too late to do dinner tho some husbands no go gree hear say wife no wan cook cos it is late and if i cook i go chop now. sho!!!!

This is the most sensible response from among all the female respondents on this subject. Yes most women do get fat just after marriage and many factors could be attributed to that. It doesn't mean its not reversible or cant be contained at the early stage. Laziness is the biggest of the factors and our womenfolk should accept and work on it than being antagonist whenever this issue is raised.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by UIA04(f): 6:33am On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
Average Nigerian women don't keep nanny. They wake up by 5a.m, dress up d kids nd also leave for work.

They rush back hme after work, to get d kids nd also prepare dinner.
Some of them also work on saturdays.
Nd d routine continues.

Instead of u to appreciate them, u here complaining abt their weight gain.

Pregnancy also change their body too, nd contribute to d weight gain.

The posters above calling women lazy might be typing with their pot belly resting on their laps undecided

Now Mr op, can u also explain why some men gain weight nd pot belly after marriage

What stops them frm hitting d gym undecided

high five
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by djlaqua91(m): 6:35am On Jun 29, 2016
mizzochocinco:
so whats your mum's excuse for not jogging 2miles a day and eliminated body odour? Remember im not insulting anyone.

Seriously? undecided Haba

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by MakaveliTheDon(m): 6:36am On Jun 29, 2016
Unique04:
Don't you know child bearing makes a woman pull on weight?
Anyway u are right on one thing, Nigerian women are too lazy to watch their weight. However, weight gain of a partner should not be an excuse for adultery.

#my2cents#
Why shouldn't it be when you married a 50kg woman and after 4years she now weighs 85kg for God sake who would see that and say thats my wife going over there.. WatchYourWeight Child bearing doesn't mean you shld gain excess weight its in you Nigerian women ..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by igohm(m): 6:38am On Jun 29, 2016
who fat help shocked
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by menxer: 6:40am On Jun 29, 2016
Typical Nigerian mentality, instead of seeing excessive weight gain, whether as a result of child birthing or over feeding, for what it is: a health risk and excuse for philandering, we are shifting blame.

Okay, because Oga has pot-belly, Madam must go out of shape?

I for one don't like, don't have and won't have/keep, or live a lifestyle that engenders a pot-belly.

I always encourage my Lady to watch her diet, exercise a little and stay in shape. it's a given she would add weight during child birth, but I would surely ginger her to shed the excess fat afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by lordyugo: 6:41am On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
Average Nigerian women don't keep nanny. They wake up by 5a.m, dress up d kids nd also leave for work.

Nd d routine continues.

The posters above calling women lazy might be typing with their pot belly resting on their laps undecided

Now Mr op, can u also explain why some men gain weight nd pot belly after marriage

u made valid points bt it all boils dwn to diet,u can be busy as hell bt wit diet it doesnt matter, chk out celebrities dt are busy 24 7 bt r able to remain trim cos it all boils dwn to diet. We eat lots of starchy food

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Hayormeah(f): 6:42am On Jun 29, 2016
liljboy:
all these are rigorous work, so why are they not burning fat?

exercise is different from stress.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by BluStreak(m): 6:44am On Jun 29, 2016
HaneefahRN:

First, not all women gain so much weight, trying to look around me, you all seem to be exaggerating. There are fit, slim married women around and there are robust ones who had been even before marriage. And let's not talk about men who gain weight after marriage. My parents for example, my dad was the one that gained weight while my mum still has
her portable build even after 6 kids. And it wasn't like she was doing any special exercises, she was just lucky to have a good genetic build as regards weight gain, her mothers had same build. She has the average day layout of a Nigerian woman. Wake up 4am, pray, cook and other chores, prepare the family for school and work, go to work, come back 5pm at least, chores, and prep dinner, etc, and the cycle continues.
These Factors can contribute:

- Diet: We generally have a poor diet in Nigeria, most of our traditional dishes are high calorie foods. How many homes do you see where they eat veggie and fruit salad as a real food. We all want our pounded yam, amala and all. How many families eat dinner before 6pm? People eat heavy meals late at night, how do they work that off?

- Pregnancy. Overflogged, some people are lucky not to gain so much weight though.Some people don't even look pregnant till they are in their late trimester, while some people would have ballooned up to 2 times their normal size and find it hard to shed off after child birth.

- Birth Control methods-Some birth control methods such as use of hormonals cause weight gain.

- Laziness and sedentary life style-Unless an house wife with a maid, that sits in front of TV every day eating, which an average Nigerian wife doesn't do, I really don't see much to this.

- Genetics: Some people are just genetically programmed to have a slim frame. I have friends that can eat mountains and they won't show any visible weight gain, while some people will even gain weight while suffering. It's genetics. My mum could lose her baby fat fairly well and still look moderate after several preggies, while a friend of mine is still battling with the weight she gained while pregnant even after a year, diet, exercise and all. She looked so jealous when I told her I wanted to gain weight instead.

- Stress-When one is stressed there is more likelihood to eat junks rather than healthy meals

- Overeating - Some people just like eating a lot without any care about how to work it off.

Let me just stop here, I haven't been to other Countries so can't say if it's only Nigerian women that are obese like you people always try to paint it.

And men with beautiful, prim wives still cheat, a man that will cheat will, even with a lady that can't stand beside his wife. We could as well try and justify a wife cheating cos her husband got broke, can't we?

Both parties should help themselves to keep fit.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by repogirl(f): 6:46am On Jun 29, 2016
tomquest:
I met some former colleagues of mine whom I'd seen about 6 years ago. Believe me, while I was able to recognize all the guys, it was a Herculean task identifying all the ladies, most of whom I knew to be slim/trim/curvy and unmarried then. Almost all of these once-slim ladies are now looking big and fat and absolutely less plummy than they used to be.

Why is it hard for MANY married ladies to stay trim and sexy? Is marriage a "breakthrough from hunger" or what? And why do they express shock when their husbands go after trim and shapely ladies outside? Is it that they didn't know that men are typically motivated by sensual sights?

I've seen a lot of ladies in their 30s who are so lazy to even take a 20 minutes walk in a week, at least just to exercise and burn some fat. Let's not even mention going to the gym. They drive or board okada all their lives. And when they eat, you'd ve amazed at the amount of calories they consume!

Are this category of ladies aware that the game is becoming dangerously tighter because "oga" is constantly inundated with young, trim, energetic and sexy girls on a daily basis; while his own wife keeps growing fat and out of shape and looking like his mother? Guys, do you like your wife looking like she's your mum?
Carry your own cross and let others carry their own. Bodies are different, metabolisms are different. Live and let live jare!

Someone has said it earlier, weight gain is no excuse for adultery. Whoever will cheat will find one reason or the other to do so.

Till then focus on your own family.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by logica(m): 6:56am On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
Blah blah blah
The original post already described the scenario; all the men were still trim and recognizable; all the women had lost shape. Speak to the scenario rather than filling the space with generalizations.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sinaj(f): 7:04am On Jun 29, 2016
logica:
The original post already described the scenario; all the men were still trim and recognizable; all the women had lost shape. Speak to the scenario rather than filling the space with generalizations.
Oga what does the word NIGERIAN WOMEN mean?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by logica(m): 7:10am On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
Oga what does the word NIGERIAN WOMEN mean?
Madam, the women in the scenario are Nigerian. But it is still a scenario. Speak about the scenario.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sinaj(f): 7:10am On Jun 29, 2016
lordyugo:

u made valid points bt it all boils dwn to diet,u can be busy as hell bt wit diet it doesnt matter, chk out celebrities dt are busy 24 7 bt r able to remain trim cos it all boils dwn to diet. We eat lots of starchy food
talking about celebrities, their shape is their signature

Hence, they would go any mile to keep in shape.

They still undergo surgical procedures such as liposuction nd others to stay in shape coz it's part of their job.

Yet, they still add weight overtime. It's just a natural thing.

U can compare the present pics of celebrities nd d ones they took abt 8 years ago.

You can check omotolas, Omawumi, Caroline danjuma nd the rest.

It's just natural
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sinaj(f): 7:12am On Jun 29, 2016
Fash20:
Gud. Don't start gaining weight when you finally get married its irritating and annoying. Men hate it.
dnt get pot belly too coz it's an ugly sight to behold

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by potbelly(m): 7:20am On Jun 29, 2016
undecided
rose54321:
The same reason why some men get potbelly after marriage.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by 0ubenji(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2016
muri4mig:
do u want to marry him?
Off-key
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 29, 2016
johnnychuks:
point of correction our woman are not lazy as you said, accept they are pretending and an addition to that when they are finally married they see it in other way that their major problem as been solved , that is were they get it wrong.

Ok, there you go bro!. What's your definition for laziness?. Laziness can be chanelled in various scenarios.. She could be lazy in some aspects and not be. But this one is entirely different from what you think ''our women are not lazy'' , really?....look, what's the impedement keeping them from not looking good?...if not that they tend to neglect the fact that they ought to undergo a daily routine exercise to keep the body in proper good shape.. Those saying ''Pregnancy adds more weight to them'', i agree. But who said that weighty body can't be trimmed down eventually?. It's just laziness, cuz i know there's time erything.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vickylala239: 7:34am On Jun 29, 2016
MissRike:
It's basically coz of child birth moreover, they're enjoying the proteinous mixtures of their husbands' hmmm.....you know

I'm MissRike

And side chicks Dnt enjoy mre than that?

the truth is that Mst of them are lazy..

They refuse to look @ omosexy pictures and the rest of celebrity who Hv kids

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by iykedare(m): 7:34am On Jun 29, 2016
vague:
thats where you came out of? im 100% your mother is a Nigerian woman grin

She is not. Let's keep her out of this .
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by ChukwuIbrahim: 7:35am On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:

Nd d routine continues.

my sista u lie in d name of d Lord!

have u seen diz women sit down to eat?
lawd av mercy!
They Can Eat Everythin 4rm Libya To South Africa. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by hexy40: 7:38am On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:

Nd d routine continues.

perfect excuse
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by womanlyke: 7:40am On Jun 29, 2016
I guess your mother is As slim as your sibling after giving birth you, ..... Did you actually stopping taking breast milk at 3 months?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Thobiy(m): 7:40am On Jun 29, 2016
Vivos:
Not that they are lazy per se,85% of african women only little or no time for themselves,they dedicate their time to their children and husband.the cooking,the laundry and cleaning work them out,the little time they get,they put into movies. They should spend at least ten mins working out at home, if not for anything,to stay fit and healthy. smileyNot that they are lazy per se,85% of african women only little or no time for themselves,they dedicate their time to their children and husband.the cooking,the laundry and cleaning work them out,the little time they get,they put into movies. They should spend at least ten mins working out at home, if not for anything,to stay fit and healthy.
True talk
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by lordyugo: 7:41am On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
talking about celebrities, their shape is their signature

Hence, they would go any mile to keep in shape.

They still undergo surgical procedures such as liposuction nd others to stay in shape coz it's part of their job.

Yet, they still add weight overtime. It's just a natural thing.

U can compare the present pics of celebrities nd d ones they took abt 8 years ago.

You can check omotolas, Omawumi, Caroline danjuma nd the rest.

It's just natural

not all celebrities do cosmetic surgeries nd evn if u do u still need diet to maintain it cos u cant be goin under d knife all d time, aside dat diet is really important nd I dnt mean skipping meals.u cn still maintain a nice figure wen u diet if u cnt exercise

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sinaj(f): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2016
Buccwoj:

Yeah google not bad, You need makeup..... ur face so Masculine.
Awww is it masculine? embarassed

I think av bin working out too much lately to keep in shape.

Mayb I will just take a break wink

Nxt plz cool
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sinaj(f): 7:43am On Jun 29, 2016
lordyugo:

not all celebrities do cosmetic surgeries nd evn if u do u still need diet to maintain it cos u cant be goin under d knife all d time, aside dat diet is really important nd I dnt mean skipping meals.u cn still maintain a nice figure wen u diet if u cnt exercise
yea xo true.

Dieting helps a lot.

Just that the awareness is so low.

It's all abt work out.
Many of them that evn claim to work out still do it the wrong way.

It's just the educated ones that knows how to go abt dieting

That's why I used the word, Average Nigerian women
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by womanlyke: 7:43am On Jun 29, 2016
iykedare:

She is not. Let's keep her out of this .
generalize your assertion she is also a married woman,how slim is she?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Marries His Crush Of 6 Years, Then Grabs Her Butt - PICS / Wife Beats Husband Till He Faints After Catching Him In Bed With Another Lady / Relationship: She Assured She Wouldn’t Tell My Wife We Had Sex......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.