Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,334 members, 7,853,503 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:55 PM

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? (64369 Views)

Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies / Tutsi Women Cheating When Married To Hutu Men Is Culturally Codified! / Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sinaj(f): 9:23am On Jun 29, 2016
lordyugo:

yea d awareness is so low plus d mindset dat to command respect u need a certain body mass to show off affluence loool.
I tell pple d first rule of dieting is nvr skip breakfast nd eat 6 small square nd dr reaction is hilarious
lwkmd grin

It's so true.

In naija they see fat men nd women with christian mother hand as people that are well fed lol tongue

Some people will skip breakfast just to eat lunch in 10 folds outta hunger lol
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by tomquest: 9:30am On Jun 29, 2016
Blessograo:

If only you know how to respect women it will bevthe last nonsense you will post, Child bearing alone has already made then put on more weight, they go to work, come back tobtake care of the husband and kids yet the husband will insult and complain that she's too lazy is the reason she's preparing food late, meanwhile through out the whole day she hasn't eaten because she's busy and due to the hunger the next food she eats gety converted and stored as sugar to help her with the next day's job and only little is digested and excreted, before you know it the kids are fighting and crying over one thing and she always has to be there to know the latest information in her home, she's always multi tasking, even the thought of her husband and kids makes her restless, yet het parents and siblings are still there to take care of, she has to please her husband's family too and she has no time to take care of herself nor notice when she begins to add more weight, she goes to church to pray for her family cos she knows her husband might decide not to go that day and there's little she can do to force him. She doesn't have time to take a walk it go to gym because she has to be everywhere like, kitchen, market, PTA meeting, family events and the littlevtime age needs to rest you open your mouth to say she's been lazy to take one stupid walk your talk from saying she's lazy will graduate to be that she's gossiping with other housewives or she's seeing married neighbor the very day you see her taking a walk just to say hi to someone. All these things they do is what men cannot do which is why most widowers die or re-marry immediately their wife does because the burden is too much for them which is why women get suprised that after all they have done to keep the family and the husband happy he sees someone else good for ONLY HIS SEXUAL PLEASURE NOT SOMEONE BETTER THAN THEM. Appreciate every good woman in your life, their size doesn't reduce the good in them.

Quite a long emotional response I must confess my dear. Melted my heart. Women go through a lot and I'm not here to bash them. I have women in my life too don't forget.

I was looking at the issue of EXCESSIVE, UNCHECKED weight gain (pls note the words in caps) from 2 perspectives:

1) health risks
2) matrimonial security

If you think these 2 perspectives are immaterial to you, then feel free to go obese. It's your fundamental human right.

Life is not always all about working hard but working smart... This is century 21. A digital age. If money is the issue in the home, get it addressed. Be blessed.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by no1madman(m): 9:31am On Jun 29, 2016
who fuckin cares!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Edusouls(m): 9:36am On Jun 29, 2016
Unique04:
Don't you know child bearing makes a woman pull on weight?
Anyway u are right on one thing, Nigerian women are too lazy to watch their weight. However, weight gain of a partner should not be an excuse for adultery.

#my2cents#
is not an excuse at all,check on married white women and other women from advanced countries,they still keep slim fit after birth, even till old age.the fact is that you nigerian women have brain disease that makes ur brains dangerously dull and lazy which tells in all aspects of ur lives..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 29, 2016
Too much akpu,too much fufu,too much of Mr Biggs,GT,tasty fried chicken and tantelizers and too much of watching telemondos and nigerian home videos for endless hrs(sendentary lifestyle).Tell her to accompany u for an early morning or evening jog she go start to dey quarrel.In short most babes dont even wait for marriage or childbirth before they start piling on weight..I see a lot of young yokozuna looking babes with streatched marks pot belly who are still single.So u see is too much carbohydrates and less physical activities dat makes them blow up.Even as am typing this words i can see a fat whale near my window right now fighting with a massive bowl of fufu and drinking a huge bottle of coke(family size).

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by bukatyne(f): 9:39am On Jun 29, 2016
MCeeShort:

So stress now makes people fat? U will make a good consulting paediatrician!

Stress makes some people fat.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by liljboy(m): 9:53am On Jun 29, 2016
vague:
why hasn't your mama also lost weight from all the rigorous work she does?
there's something about you that is very stupid.... maybe gene or what.... but I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
lemme tell u something,

Ur stature contributes to it.

There are some persons that has this hidden fat in them(i cnt remember what it's called) they have the tendency to get fat.

And that tendency can be triggered by their environment, which could be food and some persons childbirth.

Now some women are naturally slim, evn after childbirth, their slim is still intact.

Why some get fat after childbirth.

I also learnt that girls that put to birth very early, btwn 16-24 easily go back to shape after child birth.

It happens naturally (av also noticed it too)

Don't be decieved by celebrities. Most of them do liposuction after child birth to keep in shape.

Exercise also helps in keeping back to shape, but it's not magic. It works over a lng period of time.

Beside everybdy's body is nt d same.

While it works for some persons, it doesn't for others.
When u say hidden fat u mean cholesterol?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Isaacpyo04(m): 9:58am On Jun 29, 2016
Unique04:
Anyway u are right on one thing, Nigerian women are too lazy to watch their weight. However, weight gain of a partner should not be an excuse for adultery.

#my2cents#
Beyonce, Tiwa savage, nothing changed in their stature!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by tomquest: 9:59am On Jun 29, 2016
womanlyke:

generalize your assertion she is also a married woman,how slim is she?

Madam do you realize that you are seriously derailing the subject of this thread?

We are discussing the issue of WOMEN WHO GAIN EXCESS WEIGHT, WITHOUT MAKING CONSCIOUS EFFORT TO CONTROL IT.

Look up the word EXCESS. Nobody is suggesting that all women must be slim or that it's abnormal for an adult to gain some pounds over the years. The issue is EXCESS weight as it affects YOUNG MARRIED COUPLES pls and stop mentioning peoples mothers. Respect the elderly!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by swituju: 10:06am On Jun 29, 2016
What of some women dat went through c_section to bring forth,and ended up having a big tummy,will u as well classify dem under lazy.it takes a married woman to talk effectively about marriage related terms.im size 14 n hubby ain't complaining.we r happy together

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Electronzeez(m): 10:15am On Jun 29, 2016
martineverest:
*laziness:they all want househelps even when they are full-time housewives.

*Dey dont want to excercise: they all want okada drivers to drop dem inside their bedroom...

*Too much food

*they feel dat they are already married,so their dreams has been fulfiled

Loooooooooooooooooooool.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by inemani: 10:17am On Jun 29, 2016
tomquest:

Quite a long emotional response I must confess my dear. Melted my heart. Women go through a lot and I'm not here to bash them. I have women in my life too don't forget.

I was looking at the issue of EXCESSIVE, UNCHECKED weight gain (pls note the words in caps) from 2 perspectives:

1) health risks
2) matrimonial security

If you think these 2 perspectives are immaterial to you, then feel free to go obese. It's your fundamental human right.

Life is not always all about working hard but working smart... This is century 21. A digital age. If money is the issue in the home, get it addressed. Be blessed.

Hey Mr! Excuse me? Did you type 'Matrimonial Security'? You are so wrong! I live in an estate where alotta childbearing women work out to still look hawwt and trim yet their yeye husbands still cheat on them. What about the potbellied men who emphasize the fitness of their wives yet they are senior culprits? What do you have to contribute towards the rising philandering attitude of men whose wives strive to please by registering compulsorily in gyms, yet Ogas can't keep their third legs wrapped in their briefs? The most annoying part is that the women outside are no matches to their lovely wives! I can go on and on
Talk about health risks, leave out matrimonial security abeg Oga tomquest

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by lordyugo: 10:22am On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
lwkmd grin

It's so true.

In naija they see fat men nd women with christian mother hand as people that are well fed lol tongue

Some people will skip breakfast just to eat lunch in 10 folds outta hunger lol

you luk trim nd gorgeous .hope u keep it up
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 10:26am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
at the moment ? northern england. manchester area

Good morning!!! Oh, I see. What do you do?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Peacefulgold(m): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2016
If u were married u will understand d rigour and vigour of raising a family ...especially having kids..... Some growth hormones only starts it effect on some ladies wen dey start child bearing.....no Mata how slim dey look wen single...once they start having kids there body changes entirely ....all dey need do at dat moment is just control d growth.....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by tomquest: 10:33am On Jun 29, 2016
swituju:
it takes a married woman to talk effectively about marriage related terms.im size 14 n hubby ain't complaining.we r happy together

If you are not consciously checking your weight gain (ie if you possess a BMI of between 24-30) and tending towards Obesity 1 (BMI of 30), and your hubby is happy with it, then you have succeeded in solving half of the problems (2 problems actually).

What about the health risks of carrying excess fat? Is he ok with that too? If yes, oh! what a lucky woman you are!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Daniyomex(m): 10:45am On Jun 29, 2016
tomquest:
I met some former colleagues of mine whom I'd seen about 6 years ago. Believe me, while I was able to recognize all the guys, it was a Herculean task identifying all the ladies, most of whom I knew to be slim/trim/curvy and unmarried then. Almost all of these once-slim ladies are now looking big and fat and absolutely less plummy than they used to be.

Why is it hard for MANY married ladies to stay trim and sexy? Is marriage a "breakthrough from hunger" or what? And why do they express shock when their husbands go after trim and shapely ladies outside? Is it that they didn't know that men are typically motivated by sensual sights?

I've seen a lot of ladies in their 30s who are so lazy to even take a 20 minutes walk in a week, at least just to exercise and burn some fat. Let's not even mention going to the gym. They drive or board okada all their lives. And when they eat, you'd ve amazed at the amount of calories they consume!

Are this category of ladies aware that the game is becoming dangerously tighter because "oga" is constantly inundated with young, trim, energetic and sexy girls on a daily basis; while his own wife keeps growing fat and out of shape and looking like his mother? Guys, do you like your wife looking like she's your mum?
Lol
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Alegirl: 10:47am On Jun 29, 2016
Most women grow fat after child birth,and what you call laziness is not.As a single lady you have time for yourself
once you are married you hardly have time for yourself,your have the big baby(husband) to take care of and also the children where the time for exercise
Men also grow fast after marriage but no wahala
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by FTbomb(m): 10:56am On Jun 29, 2016
vague:
Im sure your mama works all day, but why is she still fat? In fact you that works 9-5 a day and Davido who jumps from club to club and and ashawo to ashawo is still richer than you, what is your excuse?
Your opinion is just as your moniker: vague.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sukkot: 11:04am On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

Good morning!!! Oh, I see. What do you do?
Top of the morning to you darling. what do I do ? everything lol. Electro-cardiology, Astronomy, Astrotheology, Numerology, Astrology, Esoteric theology amongst a few other things I do on the side. Jack of all trade mate lol
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by omoharry(f): 11:07am On Jun 29, 2016
All you Immature guys abusing Nigerian women..about weight gain after marriage/child birth..shame on you all.This is the same woman that will act the role of a mother, sister and a friend to you, a shoulder to cry on, a supporter when your bank account is dry, the mother of your children..the one that knee down before God in the night to pray for you and the one that keep the homefront runing while you go about your business with some peace of mind..shame on you Nigerian ungrateful men.
Remember this same Nigerian women are also a respresentative of your mothers, sisters, and cousins whom you love.
what stop husbands from encouraging thier wives for a brief workout sometimes to burn out some cholories since thier minds are pre occupied with various domestic and economic issues..
A real man will not come here and lash out on a great women with all these aforementioned attribute, Never..he would rather encourage her to exercise and not do it disdainfully to spite her.while dont you guys go for the the super models (that is if your have the means anyway) and the typical Nigerian flashy ladies that knows how to keep a perfect body shape..remember her duty is to remain perfect for you..
so you should be ready to put up with these women who would rather make thier looks a priority over you and your children affairs..and if you do not have the cash to support thier expensive live-style, they will dump your sorry ass and move on to the next guy that can provide for her to take care of that perfect body and looks that you guys have been craving for..please Nollywood and Holliywood is a different world entirely..remember celebrity looks is part of the parkage that comes with being a celebrity...they have the money to hire nannies and personal trainers if needed, they can afford to visit the gyme and spar and all manner of things to come out looking great..guys if you know u can afford such luxury for your wives to look like your Nolly and Holly wood stars then what is stopping you from discussing it with your wives and kick start the process of turnining your them into damsels..
Secondly,you guys can make her job less stressful by working harder and making good money so that she can have that damsel looks and her skin will also be glowing but if you do not have such means for that lifestyle but just a struggling husband that partially depend on his wife too who also do the regular 5-9pm job to support/provide for the family then hold your peace..
Every woman feels insecured when they add weight especially after giving birth..hormones also contribute to this too.they are insecured and need love and reassurance from thier husband that they are loved..dont make it anyworse..already just the way you guys feel extremely insecured when you have no means of income and your account is zero with a beautiful lady in your life...Please how would you feel if your wives expect you to work harder till you drop dead just to be as rich as Mike Adenuga, Dangote, and other Billionaires and Millionaire around you that have the luxury to spoil thier wives; or is she not a woman too that deserve to be treated like a princess?...wont you come here and start wailing like wailers..yeye inconsederate and ungrateful Nigeria boys..you guys are not yet men so i will just not take this topic seriously.. Thank God my two sister ended up not marrying selfish and self centered Nigerian men and thier unhealthy baggages.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 11:10am On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
Top of the morning to you darling. what do I do ? everything lol. Electro-cardiology, Astronomy, Astrotheology, Numerology, Astrology, Esoteric theology amongst a few other things I do on the side. Jack of all trade mate lol

Hahahahah. Guess what? I'm the same.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sukkot: 11:13am On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

Hahahahah. Guess what? I'm the same.
You gotta do it all mayne. Wisdom knowledge and understanding is the primary thing, In all thy getting get wisdom knowledge and understanding. Wisdom knowledge and understanding shall be the stability of thy times. these are bible verses. point being wisdom is the real currency. so you in england ?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:16am On Jun 29, 2016
Unique04:

#my2cents#
very true that child bearing brings about weight gain but it can be managed.the issue is 1Nigerians have this mentality that once u are married u ar supposed to look fatter to show ur hubby is taking care of u 2l. laxity on the part of women to keep fit

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 29, 2016
omoharry:
Please how would you feel if your wives expect you to work harder till you drop dead just to be as rich as Mike Adenuga, Dangote, and other Billionaires and Millionaire around you that have the luxeury to spoil thier wives or is she not a woman too that deserve to be treated like a princess?...wont you come here and start wailing like wailers..yeye inconsederate and ungrateful Nigeria boys..you guys are not yet men so i will just not take this topic seriously.. Thank God my two sister ended up not marrying Nigerian men and thier unhealthy baggages.

Leave them make them dey find supermodel wife. As if they themselves are high quality men.

Even churchrats that are managing 0-0-1 meal schedule everyday are looking for wives that resembles agbani.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by toyeem(f): 11:20am On Jun 29, 2016
Use of contraceptives is one of the major culprits. A lot of married women I know blew up after using hormone-based contraceptives and their men complaining will never agree to use a condom. A lot of things make a married woman get fat but laziness,I don't think it's one.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by cherishsweet(f): 11:21am On Jun 29, 2016
Hmmmm.. @op.. Understand the fact da not everyone is designed to be skinny or curvy.. Much as it iz great to be healthy.. Know dis.. Not all big boned sistas r unhealthy.. Not or curvy skinny ones r healthy.. In my own opinion.. There is a difference between been FAT n been PHAT... A sista Could b PHAT n look sexiest.. It all boils down to confidence n packaging..men be turning African women to b whites.. An African woman is fleshy balanced n cute.. Flat tummy n a behind to make ha man close early..am PHAT.. PRETTY HOT N THICK...AN AFRICAN WOMAN THROUGH AND THROUGH

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Winnie2015: 11:30am On Jun 29, 2016
Well there are many reasons:
1.Matrimony: I don marry the struggle is over. no need to starve and chop cucumbers. cheesy
2. Childbirth: Some women's bodies don't ever recover because genetics come into play. I had this skinny friend in Uni who mum was like GP tank. My friend swore she would always be skinny. 3 years later with marriage and a kid, I saw her recently and she's larger than me shocked (and I consider myself large). Her genes kicked in and screwed it all for her.
3. Wealth: I know women who were poor and slim but the day their husbands enter the big league, they start getting rounder and rounder until they start looking like Tweedledum and Tweedledee.
4. Stress/Depression: Some women will eat if sad cry, eat if stressed , eat if they're angry angry. That's comfort feeding. Eating certain foods produce certain chemical reactions in the brain that simulate happiness. Some people use eating food (especially junk food) as a source of happiness when things are going awry in their lives.
5. Gluttony: Some women (and men) just love to eat food. No matter the look, smell or taste, they'll eat it all up like Goldilocks.

Now to the men complaining, what do you do to help your "larger-than-life" lady?? Do you berate her? Criticize her? Make comparisons between her and other women? Cheat on her and justify your actions with her size as an excuse? If you do these, then you Sir are her main problem. I know men who enrol in a gym and include their families. Why tell her to go to a gym meanwhile you're out drinking with friends? Encourage her by following her routine and diet plan. Don't ask for pounded yam and banga soup when she's killing herself to stuff cucumber and cabbage salads down her throat. Be considerate. Play your own part in the matter (and your part shouldn't be verbal/emotional/physical abuse to her).
There's no use sitting and wishing she could be like Beyonce after all Sir, are you as sexy as Chris Hemworth/Idris Elba OR are you as rich as Jay Z?
And while we're on the matter, as women change so do men. She most likely didn't meet you with wrinkles, age lines, receding hairline, a beer belly,chipped tooth etc I could go on. We all change, some for the better and some for the worse. If your physical look has gone down a notch then you have NO right to look down on your wife (woman) for the same thing.
And to those men who go for plus-size, fat, chubby, large, chunky, thick, fluffy or whatever-you-wanna-call-it women and expect these women to go from size 20 to 6 just like that, you're on a very long thing that might last up to Season 11 like Smallville.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sinaj(f): 11:32am On Jun 29, 2016
lefulefu:
When u say hidden fat u mean cholesterol?
nah its trait smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by bigiyaro(m): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2016
Unique04:

#my2cents#
Kim Kardashian also get pikin, bt how is looking? African women r lazy n careless abt dia look once dey r married and it goes from bad to worst wen dey start having children, and wen dey feel dia marriage is has been permanented by the children, Humm God have mercy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 29, 2016
falconey:

excessive intake of calories from beer for those that drink ...........others from food their wives cook that has excess calories .

balance diet is essential to avoid the potbelly

my point is ours can be avoided but yours is almost inevitable

Its not inevitable, its just that most of them women are ladies when it cms to keeping dere body fit.

There is a woman in my gym, she got 4 adult kids, and she s still very fit, she s got flat tummy, they are many like that but I used her as an instance cos she s older than the rest of 'em.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Wife Beats Husband Till He Faints After Catching Him In Bed With Another Lady / Family Of Girlfriend To KENPOLY Graduate Who Committed Suicide Speak Out / My Wife Masturbates, I Caught My Daughter Masturbating 3 Times – Man Tells Court

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.