Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? (64266 Views)

Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies / Tutsi Women Cheating When Married To Hutu Men Is Culturally Codified! / Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 29, 2016
SANDOSKI:
*TOO MUCH STARCH *

Mama Nkechi chop Fufu in the morning before she go market, chop Fufu in the afternoon when she dey for market, chop Fufu in evening when she come back from market.....

If talk say she get money, she for dey chop balance diet, dey go gym....

If na only fufu mama nkechi dey chop, I'm sure she nor go add unneccesary weight. The introduction of some junks becomes the real problem.

2yrs ago, I used to have a lady in my gym, she will come in the morning with 5 choco sticks, do cardio for like 10minutes and she ll say "I'M TIRED, I WANNA GO"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by robosky02(m): 11:56am On Jun 29, 2016
Blessograo:

If only you know how to respect women it will bevthe last nonsense you will post, Child bearing alone has already made then put on more weight, they go to work, come back tobtake care of the husband and kids yet the husband will insult and complain that she's too lazy is the reason she's preparing food late, meanwhile through out the whole day she hasn't eaten because she's busy and due to the hunger the next food she eats gety converted and stored as sugar to help her with the next day's job and only little is digested and excreted, before you know it the kids are fighting and crying over one thing and she always has to be there to know the latest information in her home, she's always multi tasking, even the thought of her husband and kids makes her restless, yet het parents and siblings are still there to take care of, she has to please her husband's family too and she has no time to take care of herself nor notice when she begins to add more weight, she goes to church to pray for her family cos she knows her husband might decide not to go that day and there's little she can do to force him. She doesn't have time to take a walk it go to gym because she has to be everywhere like, kitchen, market, PTA meeting, family events and the littlevtime age needs to rest you open your mouth to say she's been lazy to take one stupid walk your talk from saying she's lazy will graduate to be that she's gossiping with other housewives or she's seeing married neighbor the very day you see her taking a walk just to say hi to someone. All these things they do is what men cannot do which is why most widowers die or re-marry immediately their wife does because the burden is too much for them which is why women get suprised that after all they have done to keep the family and the husband happy he sees someone else good for ONLY HIS SEXUAL PLEASURE NOT SOMEONE BETTER THAN THEM. Appreciate every good woman in your life, their size doesn't reduce the good in them.

the "fuller" the better jare

some like it hot some like it cool...
am sure you still remember yam fufu story cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by ifeytex(f): 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
Not all women
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
cheesy i love and admire ladies who exercise and try to maintain themselves.Even though she is a little big at least she is excersing.But those lazy ones who eat like gluttons as if say d food go dissapear and stay in front of tv all day watching telemondo and dipping dhier hands inside plate filled with pancakes na a big turn off.Omo if u start to dey look like yokozuna u must start to dey follow me jog in d morning oo..cold or no coldcheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
liljboy:
all these are rigorous work, so why are they not burning fat?

You dnt need rigorous work to burn fat, you need the right programme.

That the work is rigorous doesn't make it the right proramme to burn fat

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by damiso(f): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
Ihuomadinihu:
It's really frustrating how men bash and body shame women irrespective of their size. Men are never satisfied. If you are slim,they complain. If you are plump,they equally complain. Slim ladies are usually the targets most of the time. Men complain they look unwomanly which has led them to go after padded bras and pants or painful plastic surgery.
Some of them even take dangerous concotions just to add weight!
While the plump ones like tools are strangulating themselves with Body shapers, Girdles and Corsets just to please men!
This is just an excuse to cheat. An unfaithfulman will cheat on you irrespective of your beauty and body size.
Ladies,just do you! Be comfortable in your body irrespective of size and shape. Too hell with their useless complaints!!

Nigerian People are so adept at body shaming ehn chai. very bad mouths. I read Nigerian twitter,instagram and even though I laugh sometimes ( I shouldn't but it cant be helped sometimes embarassed cheesy) I just shake my head at the creativity in insults.

The amount of insults that have been heaped on Ini Edo, Bimbo Akintola and Lepacious Bose when they lost weight is enough to make anyone know that they should be comfortable in their own skin and not take all this 'opinions' to heart.

I would however always advocate for eating healthy and exercising for health purposes. Looks or looking trim are just a by product of that.

A lot of times people don't even know how to start or lack motivation. Losing weight or generally keeping fit is more a mental battle than physical. Once you beat the mental aspect ,you have won half the battle.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
Jadonjack:

If na only fufu mama nkechi dey chop, I'm sure she nor go add unneccesary weight. The introduction of some junks becomes the real problem.

2yrs ago, I used to have a lady in my gym, she will come in the morning with 5 choco sticks, do cardio for like 10minutes and she ll say "I'M TIRED, I WANNA GO"
at least she tried.all she needs is more encouragement frm her boyfriend or husband.what can u say about those ladies who find it diificult to walk frm their sitting room to their bedroom that they will even flag down okada.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by damiso(f): 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
And OP Obesity is a universal problem and is not something that should be solely tied to such a 'mundane' issue as keeping your husband/wife( FYI some men don't even like skinny women .My husband keeps begging me to add a bit more weight tongue)

Don't make it a Nigerian thing. Results for 2014 showed that 61.7% of adults in the UK were overweight or obese (65.3% of men and 58.1% of women) and I know its a problem in America too.

Its a very big problem that is costing the NHS billions every year.

People don't need to be shamed people need to be educated on why one should aim to live a healthy and active lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Tay16(f): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
tomquest:

My two married-with-kids sisters are still in shape. Very active ladies.

And please no one is hating nobody. We are just having a healthy discussion here, everyone has a right to be obese or as slim as a rope. It's not my life. As for me and my household, we know that with EXCESS body fat comes more health issues over time...

Don't twist the discussion: I'm not talking about the little weight women gain from childbearing, which of course can be eliminated over a few months of SPECIFIC exercise, I'm talking about EXCESS WEIGHT or BLOWING OUT OF PROPORTION.

Lastly, since you mentioned "skinny accounts", is it a crime if you as a woman have an "obese" bank account to take care of your body?
Now this is classic, so your wife is fit and sexy but you still go around social media flirting around with South African girls? Haaa laugh won't kill me! grin grin grin

Since your wife is fit, is her skin just not light enough or her assss just not big enough to keep you off other women? Wonders shall never end!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:
lwkmd grin

It's so true.

In naija they see fat men nd women with christian mother hand as people that are well fed lol tongue

Some people will skip breakfast just to eat lunch in 10 folds outta hunger lol
skipping breakfast is so wrong cos when someone does it often the body metabolism tends to slow down to fight off starvation.When the body mentabolism slows down there is a tendency to gain weight.its even better someone eats little portions of morning food b4 he goes to wrk or school.sometin must dey d stomach and besides it will prevent over eating wen nxt d persin takes his lunch.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by claremont(m): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
mizzochocinco:
your father is also lucky to carry a fat woman in his house, so why should you be appalled, when your own father is happily doing it?

After all you did come out of a fat woman, and i highly doubt she disgusts you now does she?

Seriously, what do you gain as a lady by insulting other people's parents?! I have noticed that you and a few other ladies always indulge in it, there must be some gain for you I think.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
tomquest:

My mother died when I was a little boy.

I hope you are happier now with your unprovoked insult?
sorry about that,but the truth is our kind of food is the culprit,from eba to fufu to rice, this build up in our system over the years,pregnancy is the trigger, that unsettles all the accumulated starch. That's why the fatness shows up after child birth
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by robosky02(m): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
team prettythicksme and Blessograo lol cheesy

real size lol

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by tomquest: 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2016
mizzochocinco:
your father is also lucky to carry a fat woman in his house, so why should you be appalled, when your own father is happily doing it?

After all you did come out of a fat woman, and i highly doubt she disgusts you now does she?

The issue I raised in my post for a mature discussion was EXCESS WEIGHT GAIN IN YOUNG MARRIED COUPLES and I see no correlation between that and my parents.

Read all my posts on this thread, I've maintained that being slim or average or a little above average ain't the issue, but BLOWING OUT OF PROPORTION (or tending towards obesity type 1) is the real health concern, besides others.

Since you can't stick to the topic, DO NOT mention me in your subsequent barrage of insults and disrespect for the elderly. I've not insulted anyone on this forum and I won't take any.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2016
robosky02:

real size lol
Ha,i no near fat at all.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Blessograo(f): 12:43pm On Jun 29, 2016
robosky02:

real size lol
I'm way far below that stature
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by jocijo: 12:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
i wonder ooo.pls aks him
sinaj:
Average Nigerian women don't keep nanny. They wake up by 5a.m, dress up d kids nd also leave for work.

They rush back hme after work, to get d kids nd also prepare dinner.
Some of them also work on saturdays.
Nd d routine continues.

Instead of u to appreciate them, u here complaining abt their weight gain.

Pregnancy also change their body too, nd contribute to d weight gain.

The posters above calling women lazy might be typing with their pot belly resting on their laps undecided

Now Mr op, can u also explain why some men gain weight nd pot belly after marriage

What stops them frm hitting d gym undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by SemuhleB(f): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
Youngpo413:
pls what kind of food can a slim lady eat to make her ass grow our of proportion but still maintains her slim stature.
She should do squats that would help.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by SMARTKOSSY: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
SemuhleB:

Firstly you better not gain weight during marriage and become fat due to laziness and lack of exercise.

Secondly FYI diet counts 80 percent and exercise 20 percent. I know some people who go to gym everyday but do not lose weight.

Your wife will probably gain weight during pregnancy and carrying your child. Secondly it takes a while for a woman to heal. I hope you not expecting your wife to start doing vigorious exercises immediately after giving birth. Give her some time. Be supportive and reasonable instead of insultive and mean. You both can benefit from combined healthier eating and exercise.

Some women really marry demons smh
trash...I was reasoning with u till d last sentence. Same way some women marry morons
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by robosky02(m): 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
prettythicksme:
Ha,i no near fat at all.

who call fat here

"thick" is the word

lol grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by robosky02(m): 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
Blessograo:
I'm way far below that stature

at least thicker than my berry lol grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by MCeeShort(m): 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
bukatyne:

Stress makes some people fat.
"Some", I like that.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by vicchi12(f): 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2016
sukkot:
You gotta do it all mayne. Wisdom knowledge and understanding is the primary thing, In all thy getting get wisdom knowledge and understanding. Wisdom knowledge and understanding shall be the stability of thy times. these are bible verses. point being wisdom is the real currency. so you in england ?

No. US
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Desdemona(f): 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
The same reason your mother couldn't stay trim. embarassed
tomquest:
I met some former colleagues of mine whom I'd seen about 6 years ago. Believe me, while I was able to recognize all the guys, it was a Herculean task identifying all the ladies, most of whom I knew to be slim/trim/curvy and unmarried then. Almost all of these once-slim ladies are now looking big and fat and absolutely less plummy than they used to be.

Why is it hard for MANY married ladies to stay trim and sexy? Is marriage a "breakthrough from hunger" or what? And why do they express shock when their husbands go after trim and shapely ladies outside? Is it that they didn't know that men are typically motivated by sensual sights?

I've seen a lot of ladies in their 30s who are so lazy to even take a 20 minutes walk in a week, at least just to exercise and burn some fat. Let's not even mention going to the gym. They drive or board okada all their lives. And when they eat, you'd ve amazed at the amount of calories they consume!

Are this category of ladies aware that the game is becoming dangerously tighter because "oga" is constantly inundated with young, trim, energetic and sexy girls on a daily basis; while his own wife keeps growing fat and out of shape and looking like his mother? Guys, do you like your wife looking like she's your mum?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
Cause the bazaar is over!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by mikeakeh(m): 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

Nigga, you're so wrong! Scroll up and read my post. You uneducated Arrow!
. I read ur post quite alright, u stated causal effect. my point is, no matter the cause, dr is not abrupt excuse to remain fat, dats why I used the term "Lazy Asses" . in a nutshell, if ladies get up, work out nd get back in shape, they won't remain fat After all, meaning laziness is d main causal effect.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by ChukwuIbrahim: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
sinaj:

Really shocked

Didn't knw o!

I think m surrounded by women that eat less.

Xo where did u see them?

Your wife or ur mom?
ah! shidi ebere!
all those ladies around u are formin one thing-one thing. jez find time to hang out wif aunty Tessy & Mama Amaka & c 4 yasef. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by sukkot: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

No. US
yeah I used to live in chicago illinois myself. Schooled there
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by Eshence: 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
95%of Nigeria women get fat after child birth and remain fat bcus dey relax too much were by abandoning dere body #tell me why kim k, beyonce, kourtney etc no remain fat after child birth? Nigeria women needs to start Patronising d gym dats it

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by mikeakeh(m): 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
vicchi12:

Nigga, you're so wrong! Scroll up and read my post. You uneducated Arrow!
and secondly vicchi, next time uve gotta clear sum'n out, address me before making shit a public issue. it was basically pointless to call me an Uneducated Arrow. Glad I got yo attention tho.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Ladies Grow Out Of Shape When Married? by mira4u: 2:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
Unique04:
Don't you know child bearing makes a woman pull on weight?
Anyway u are right on one thing, Nigerian women are too lazy to watch their weight. However, weight gain of a partner should not be an excuse for adultery.

#my2cents#

Best reply to the dumb questions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Wife Beats Husband Till He Faints After Catching Him In Bed With Another Lady / Relationship: She Assured She Wouldn’t Tell My Wife We Had Sex...... / My Wife Masturbates, I Caught My Daughter Masturbating 3 Times – Man Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.